Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Raxmus posted:

It has been abnormally bad this evening. It's not normally this bad at all.

It's been a month or so I think since the last time I tried playing and it was the same then. I have no other problems with this server though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JACK_ATTACK
Jul 26, 2005
It's come to my attention that some people haven't been getting the full use out of their Rat Catcher's Flutes (see this post if you don't have one yet). To unlock its full trolling potential, you must make the following macro (requires the SuperMacro addon, look in the zips upthread):

code:
/script SpellStopCasting();
/use Rat Catcher's Flute
Now you can spam the gently caress out of that flute.

And people were complaining that we rolled Alliance...

EDIT: I made a better macro! This one doesn't have "out of range" errors. It uses the flute on yourself, then switches back to your target.

code:
/script t=UnitName("target");
/script TargetUnit("player");
/use Rat Catcher's Flute
/script TargetByName(t);

JACK_ATTACK fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 12, 2013

Raxmus
Jul 7, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ularg posted:

It's been a month or so I think since the last time I tried playing and it was the same then. I have no other problems with this server though.

Have you tried the leatrix latency fix?

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

JACK_ATTACK posted:

code:
/use Rat Catcher's Flute

You're not really flute spamming until you have 5 multiboxed characters doing it at once.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

JACK_ATTACK posted:

It's come to my attention that some people haven't been getting the full use out of their Rat Catcher's Flutes (see this post if you don't have one yet). To unlock its full trolling potential, you must make the following macro (requires the SuperMacro addon, look in the zips upthread):

code:
/use Rat Catcher's Flute
Now you can spam the gently caress out of that flute.

And people were complaining that we rolled Alliance...

So I got the flute and it says I am out of range. I remember they nerfed it but does that macro fix it?

Reminds me of the trolling my buddy and I did in WotLK with the train set and dropping it as we were buffing to pull the boss. Then they nerfed it by making it an emote when you placed it.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Cannot log in. Is the server back in poo poo mode?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Billy Elliot posted:

So I got the flute and it says I am out of range. I remember they nerfed it but does that macro fix it?

Reminds me of the trolling my buddy and I did in WotLK with the train set and dropping it as we were buffing to pull the boss. Then they nerfed it by making it an emote when you placed it.

Don't target anyone and you should be able to use it at will. If you have a target, you can only use it while next to them. Also, if you're too lazy to use a macro, if you turn your back to the target you can spam the button the same way since it will keep interrupting the cast.

Awesome Richard
Jan 17, 2011

muy muy muy
Can someone throw an invite to Ballsagne when they get a chance? I'm on now.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Awesome Richard posted:

Can someone throw an invite to Ballsagne when they get a chance? I'm on now.

Do a /who lets get weird and ask someone who is also online. Otherwise :effort:

Awesome Richard
Jan 17, 2011

muy muy muy
Yeah I had whispered like 6 people with no response before posting that, finally got someone to tell me it's 15+. No worries, I'm in now, thanks!

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

Awesome Richard posted:

...finally got someone to tell me it's 15+...

This is a boldface lie, the person who told you this was surely a goon.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

It's time for the Second Annual <lets get weird> Extravanga!

Operation; Farmer Revolt, sponsored by Nutshot, Bearhugs, Tanners, Frederic, Cleon, Toober, Suran, Trim, Watermellon, and yours truly, Arroyo.

Are you a farmer? Do you like farming? Do you just want to support the cause? Look no further! Costumes will be supplied.

The one on the left is doing it right. The one on the right? :getout:

Costumes will be supplied.

Monday, March 11th, at 8:30pm EST. You'll buy the whole seat BUT ONLY USE THE EDGE.

Meet here! (Wagon next to IF bank)

rawr im a tree fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 11, 2013

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

How long will this event last?

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

homercles posted:

How long will this event last?

Until my alcohol runs out.

Real answer: Operation Catte Droppe lasted almost 2 hours.

rawr im a tree fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 11, 2013

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
I cannot seem to find a good action bar. I remember there being a couple that were really easy buy can't remember the names. The lists and stuff for addons only have names not categories. Any ideas? I like what was on speero's screenshot.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

Socratse posted:

I cannot seem to find a good action bar. I remember there being a couple that were really easy buy can't remember the names. The lists and stuff for addons only have names not categories. Any ideas? I like what was on speero's screenshot.

Bongos is good, nice and customisable and has options for 'stance paging'. It lets you turn bars 1-3 into bars 4-7 (for example) when you enter a stance or druid form. Then you can make the real 4-7 invisible and your ability buttons just magically change when you shapeshift or change your stance.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Tufty posted:

Bongos is good, nice and customisable and has options for 'stance paging'. It lets you turn bars 1-3 into bars 4-7 (for example) when you enter a stance or druid form. Then you can make the real 4-7 invisible and your ability buttons just magically change when you shapeshift or change your stance.

Thanks! Does it have a nice options window? I have so many mods on that I don't know how to configure.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

Socratse posted:

Thanks! Does it have a nice options window? I have so many mods on that I don't know how to configure.

Yeah that's probably the best thing about it, it has a nice usable main window (accessed by typing /bongos) and a right click options menu for every hotbar (IIRC). A lot of the other action bar mods are customised entirely using slash commands which... well, gently caress that.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Socratse posted:

Screenshot is flexbar. The add-on pack has bartender2, bongos, nurfed, ctmod.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
While we're talking about addons, can anyone recommend me a target of target one that DOESN'T screw with how my frames look? God, I'd kill for something like that right now. Also a swing timer addon.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Pumpkinreaper posted:

While we're talking about addons, can anyone recommend me a target of target one that DOESN'T screw with how my frames look? God, I'd kill for something like that right now. Also a swing timer addon.

CTMod has basic unit frames with target of target.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008
Welp I had a whole post up with screenshots from my albums and another album then my browser crashed and blah blah heres links for two albums because I'm not doing it again.

Arroyo's: (29 images)
http://imgur.com/a/1KGQQ

Antifantti's: (50 images)
http://imgur.com/a/kqhg7#49

rectal_rocket
Feb 23, 2013

Pumpkinreaper posted:

In regard to unit frames, same as what above person said, CTMod, its what I use, there are a few other mods with the same functionality but you get a tiny ToT frame similar to the official one Bliz added in later patches, I like CTMod cause you get a fullsize ToT frame.

Swing timer, there is an addon called attackbar, it's not pretty, but it works.

Swingline
Jul 20, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Well regular WoW isn't doing it for me, so I'm up for giving this a try just to see if the vanilla grind was as painful as the bitter vets make it out to be. Any particular class you need, or can I roll a human mage?

If I recall correctly they reduced the time it takes to level by ~30% in 1.12 to help people get to 60 before BC which is a huge deal because there is literally not enough quests in vanilla WoW to get you 1-60 pre EXP nerf without either A) staking out an area to everquest-style grind mobs for dozens of hours until you're appropriate level for the next quest hub or B) doing the same thing but with running dungeons over and over again. I almost lost my mind solo grinding most of 50-60 after quickly completing the hilariously few quests available - this was when silithus was 95% not there and had like 2 quests. For most people on their first character (i.e. you're not following some power level guide) it took 15-20 days of /played to get there. I still remember it took me 23 days of /played for my first 60 at launch and I wasn't dicking around at all, just trying to hit 60 asap. Keep in mind until late vanilla there were no mods to tell you how to do quests/where the objectives are. You literally had to read the quest text carefully and make an educated guess of where the objective might be. There was thottbot and later WoWhead but they weren't always perfectly accurate.

They also added tons of flight paths throughout vanilla making leveling much faster. And gold inflation made getting a mount at level 40 (the vanilla mount level requirement) very doable which saves tons of time. The classic vanilla hallmark was seeing people well into their 50s who still couldn't afford a level 40 mount. And holy poo poo it took forever pre-gold inflation to get an epic mount. You were truly a poopsock lord or a shrewd AH/crafting jew if you had one. Welp I just had a :bittervet: rant moment.

Swingline fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 12, 2013

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Swingline posted:

If I recall correctly they reduced the time it takes to level by ~30% in 1.12 to help people get to 60 before BC which is a huge deal because there is literally not enough quests in vanilla WoW to get you 1-60 pre EXP nerf without either A) staking out an area to everquest-style grind mobs for dozens of hours until you're appropriate level for the next quest hub or B) doing the same thing but with running dungeons over and over again. I almost lost my mind solo grinding most of 50-60 after quickly completing the hilariously few quests available - this was when silithus was 95% not there and had like 2 quests. For most people on their first character (i.e. you're not following some power level guide) it took 15-20 days of /played to get there. I still remember it took me 23 days of /played for my first 60 at launch and I wasn't dicking around at all, just trying to hit 60 asap. Keep in mind until late vanilla there were no mods to tell you how to do quests/where the objectives are. You literally had to read the quest text carefully and make an educated guess of where the objective might be. There was thottbot and later WoWhead but they weren't always perfectly accurate.

They also added tons of flight paths throughout vanilla making leveling much faster. And gold inflation made getting a mount at level 40 (the vanilla mount level requirement) very doable which saves tons of time. The classic vanilla hallmark was seeing people well into their 50s who still couldn't afford a level 40 mount. And holy poo poo it took forever pre-gold inflation to get an epic mount. You were truly a poopsock lord or a shrewd AH/crafting jew if you had one. Welp I just had a :bittervet: rant moment.

Actually there were mods that told you where to go for questing. There were even some that would run you to where you wanted to go so you didn't have to. Those were eventually banned.

I also disagree with it being difficult to get an epic mount. I never farmed and had two epic mounts before the price nerf. I suppose I did raid a lot, and never died because I played a rogue. Regardless, assuming you didn't frivolously spend your gold on gear you'll replace almost immediately, you could get your epic mount after a month of being level capped.

Sometimes I feel like I played a different game than some people in these threads.

I should really start leveling someone on this server. I've been neglecting it for too long. My old vanilla guild recently got together on Facebook and we've been discussing some kind of reunion raid on an instant 60 server, but some have expressed interest in playing legitimately. We'll see.

Swingline
Jul 20, 2008

Super Deuce posted:

Actually there were mods that told you where to go for questing. There were even some that would run you to where you wanted to go so you didn't have to. Those were eventually banned.

I also disagree with it being difficult to get an epic mount. I never farmed and had two epic mounts before the price nerf. I suppose I did raid a lot, and never died because I played a rogue. Regardless, assuming you didn't frivolously spend your gold on gear you'll replace almost immediately, you could get your epic mount after a month of being level capped.

Sometimes I feel like I played a different game than some people in these threads.

I should really start leveling someone on this server. I've been neglecting it for too long. My old vanilla guild recently got together on Facebook and we've been discussing some kind of reunion raid on an instant 60 server, but some have expressed interest in playing legitimately. We'll see.

Maybe we're talking about different time frames of vanilla. I agree, after 6 months to a year gold inflation picked up to the point where getting an epic mount was easy. But during the early months of the game where stacks of thorium sold for 4g and t1 bracers/belts for <150g on the AH it was very hard. I remember barely anyone having epic mounts and most people not being able to afford regular mounts until level 45+. Maybe it was because I played on a small population server and gold inflation was lower.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Swingline posted:

Maybe we're talking about different time frames of vanilla. I agree, after 6 months to a year gold inflation picked up to the point where getting an epic mount was easy. But during the early months of the game where stacks of thorium sold for 4g and t1 bracers/belts for <150g on the AH it was very hard. I remember barely anyone having epic mounts and most people not being able to afford regular mounts until level 45+. Maybe it was because I played on a small population server and gold inflation was lower.

Nope. I had one of mine before the texture change, and one a month and a half after. On a low population server. Obviously anecdotal, but I thought the initial epic mount price with gold flow was very appropriate. What I didn't like was the AV epic mounts. I thought that trivialized the reward of having an epic mount. Actually, battlegrounds trivialized a lot of the game.

Ernieman
Aug 22, 2007

King of Muay Thai
In as Abort, the pointy eared warrior

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Super Deuce posted:

Nope. I had one of mine before the texture change, and one a month and a half after. On a low population server. Obviously anecdotal, but I thought the initial epic mount price with gold flow was very appropriate. What I didn't like was the AV epic mounts. I thought that trivialized the reward of having an epic mount. Actually, battlegrounds trivialized a lot of the game.

I just farmed the snot out for essence of water. Got my mount pre model change, and still regret updating the model from the old one. The best part of having a pre model change mount is that most people thought you had a standard mount and could catch you on their epic, but when they tried they couldn't.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I just got the crusader enchant so come on down to Firos's discount Enchantry!

Edit: Oh my god arcanite is so expensive :gonk:

Firos fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 13, 2013

Banana Cream Pie
Jun 17, 2009
I used to play on the other feenix server maybe i'll try this. I'm Bananafish, human warrior.

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
In as Dang, the dorf rouge.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Just going to bump our thread here with another advertisement for our guild forums. Berzelius (aka Avogadro, the cool scientifically-named non-goon(?) from way back from Rebirth-way) made a nice post today about the status of Emerald Dream's MC implementation, and how we probably have the numbers to start clearing trash and downing a few bosses. So if you haven't checked out the guild site, forums, or bank yet, hit them up sometime! You can even request items from the bank on your phone! Any of the above links will have the guild MOTD mirrored from in-game. So, if you wanna see if any cool raids/events are coming up without having to fire up WoW, just check the site.

I don't mean to be a bother. It just seems like this stuff is not clearly announced anywhere (OP, in-game guild info, etc., :wink:), and I think it is all pretty neat.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I'll be back soon, I picked up some other vid gamz. But now that MC actually is on the horizon, I'll get Watcher to 55 post haste.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

here is a banner for the links section

Raxmus
Jul 7, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I have 5 locks at 29 now and I'll get them to 30 tomorrow then give them out. They all come with good tailored or drop based gear and enough spells/shards/money to get started. Locks get free mounts at 40 so that's not a big concern. I would really prefer to give them to new players who plan to at least try playing with goons on ED out.

Feel free to claim them now if you want, names are as follows:
1.) Watermellon (Green)
2.) Cranberry (Red)
3.) Marshmallow (White)
4.) Sugarplum (Pink)
5.) Peanutbutter (Brown)

Raxmus fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 16, 2013

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Raxmus posted:

I have 5 locks at 29 now and I'll get them to 30 tomorrow then give them out. They all come with good tailored or drop based gear and enough spells/shards/money to get started. Locks get free mounts at 40 so that's not a big concern. I would really prefer to give them to new players who actually plan to play. It's sort of annoying to see someone take an account and never use it and make no attempt to pass it on to someone else. If you play and decide the server isn't for you please offer the account up to someone else.

1.) Watermellon (Green)
2.) Cranberry (Red)
3.) Marshmallow (White)
4.) Sugarplum (Pink)
5.) Peanutbutter (Brown)

You are awesome in finding a way to quench your thirst for multiboxing and messing around with toons that go boom while at the same time helping people get over the boring first part.

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

How are we going to 2 man LBRS if you never get 5 spellcasters to 60, homeboy?

- Pythons

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Raxmus posted:

I have 5 locks at 29 now and I'll get them to 30 tomorrow then give them out. They all come with good tailored or drop based gear and enough spells/shards/money to get started. Locks get free mounts at 40 so that's not a big concern. I would really prefer to give them to new players who actually plan to play. It's sort of annoying to see someone take an account and never use it and make no attempt to pass it on to someone else. If you play and decide the server isn't for you please offer the account up to someone else.

1.) Watermellon (Green)
2.) Cranberry (Red)
3.) Marshmallow (White)
4.) Sugarplum (Pink)
5.) Peanutbutter (Brown)

I used Bluewizard to get a goon into playing.... he uses it sometimes. Should he gave up it'll be up for grabs.

Raxmus
Jul 7, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Socratse posted:

I used Bluewizard to get a goon into playing.... he uses it sometimes. Should he gave up it'll be up for grabs.

That's awesome of you, thanks! Sorry I didn't mean to imply people were abandoning the last batch. Even if they do it's their business. Also that batch had a lot less money/spell/gear, so hopefully these will be far better starter characters. Edited my post accordingly, thanks for bringing it up.

ShockDawg 2L posted:

How are we going to 2 man LBRS if you never get 5 spellcasters to 60, homeboy?

- Pythons

WoW takes up too much of my time and I tend to be grump when playing, sorry pythons, you will always be the true multiboxmaster of LGW.

Raxmus fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Raxmus posted:

That's awesome of you, thanks! Sorry I didn't mean to imply people were abandoning the last batch. Even if they do it's their business. Also that batch had a lot less money/spell/gear, so hopefully these will be far better starter characters. Edited my post accordingly, thanks for bringing it up.

WoW takes up too much of my time and I tend to be grump when playing, sorry pythons, you will always be the true multiboxmaster of LGW.

But Wizardman, if you quit who will I talk to at 5 in the morning?

• Locked thread