Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

ImpAtom posted:

Kitty's (That is Kitty, right?) comment about how she'll never get married because no man can compare to Wolverine is pretty weird.

I've seen/heard daughters make that comment about their fathers before, usually when their father is someone they admire and respect immensely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I just like the idea of someone sitting the Hulk down for an interview about Wolverine.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

ImpAtom posted:

Kitty's (That is Kitty, right?) comment about how she'll never get married because no man can compare to Wolverine is pretty weird.

I was thinking the same thing that is pretty drat creepy.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
So you're the rebel X-Men, and one of your mutants put the Avengers Attack Team in a timestopper bubble. What do you do?

Magik has a pretty good idea.

Source: Uncanny X-Men #3

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

robziel posted:

I was thinking the same thing that is pretty drat creepy.

Not at all. Kitty sees him as a father figure.
He has been her authority figure since she joined the X-Men at the age of 13.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

caboodle posted:

Not at all. Kitty sees him as a father figure.
He has been her authority figure since she joined the X-Men at the age of 13.

That is actually why its creepy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sure, in the animated series, there were some episodes in which Wolverine's relationship with Jubilee came off as kinda weird, almost as if the writers couldn't decide whether it was meant to be romantic of paternal.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Metal Loaf posted:

Sure, in the animated series, there were some episodes in which Wolverine's relationship with Jubilee came off as kinda weird, almost as if the writers couldn't decide whether it was meant to be romantic of paternal.

It's almost like young girls get enamored with older men they look up to sometimes.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
That reminded me, I don't think I saw this one in here yet?

I love it. Iceman and Kitty remind me of Roast Beef and Molly in this Achewood: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07282004

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love that both the Icemen in that last page have the exact same facial expression.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just love that Bobby & Kitty's conversation synced up with Hank and Cap's. Man, Bendis still kills it sometimes.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I love that both the Icemen in that last page have the exact same facial expression.
Why are there two Icemen now?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
From Bravest Warriors #6. Catbug can also be classified under "too adorable".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

One is present Bobby, one is Stan Lee era Bobby. There may have been some light time travel shenanigans perpetrated by a Mr. Beast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The original 5 X-Men were brought forward in time because PLOTLINES.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My favorite part is just Kitty mocking how Beast talks. "Vis a vis, indubitably" indeed.

Anyway, Cable & X-Force #5 has a B-plot with Forge and Dr. Nemesis, who are probably my favorite team-up duo since Rockslide and Anole.

What's the something bigger you ask? A couple scenes later...

Finally, the big reveal as to what they've been working on:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

I just love that Bobby & Kitty's conversation synced up with Hank and Cap's. Man, Bendis still kills it sometimes.
Bendis has been killing it consistently on the X-Books. I don't know what got into him other than that he apparently wanted to write "Scott Summers is a mutant revolutionary and Scott Summers has to stop him" really really bad or something.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Since there's a young Cyclops and what appear to be a young Jean Grey and Hank McCoy I'm guessing some duplicates of the original 5 as the original 5 X-Men are floating around now.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Nick Fury (?) is being warned about the secret guy he's trying to talk to (that is on the cover, so not much of a secret). He don't care.

Secret Avengers 2

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Bendis has been killing it consistently on the X-Books. I don't know what got into him other than that he apparently wanted to write "Scott Summers is a mutant revolutionary and Scott Summers has to stop him" really really bad or something.

I was burned out on his Avengers work about two years ago. Between his X-Men and the new Powers he's gained back a lot of faith from me.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Anyway, Cable & X-Force #5 has a B-plot with Forge and Dr. Nemesis, who are probably my favorite team-up duo since Rockslide and Anole.

It was this kind of interaction between them that I was really looking forward to in Cable & X-Force, and I'm soooooo glad it's not disappointing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TwoPair posted:

My favorite part is just Kitty mocking how Beast talks. "Vis a vis, indubitably" indeed.

What's the something bigger you ask? A couple scenes later...

Finally, the big reveal as to what they've been working on:

Dr. Nemesis is my favourite C-list character ever, and I need this issue based on this alone.

What happened to his psychic starfish? :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Breetai posted:

Dr. Nemesis is my favourite C-list character ever, and I need this issue based on this alone.

What happened to his psychic starfish? :(

It came off but I'm sure he has it in a jar somewhere.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Rhyno posted:

It came off but I'm sure he has it in a jar somewhere.

Back pocket actually.

X-Club 5

Mister Chompers fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 14, 2013

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Is Cyclops hosting a talk show now?

Please say yes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Is Cyclops hosting a talk show now?

Please say yes.

No, he was just doing a press conference

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

What Linux distribution do the X-Men use?
(Uncanny #3)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

KoldPT posted:

What Linux distribution do the X-Men use?
(Uncanny #3)

Omega RedHat :rimshot:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gen(eration X)too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it do I loving hate Magneto's new costume. And it looks like a spandex mask in that last panel posted.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Uthor posted:

Nick Fury (?) is being warned about the secret guy he's trying to talk to (that is on the cover, so not much of a secret). He don't care.

Secret Avengers 2

I'm pretty sure that's Nick Fury's black son, Nick Fury, Jr. They created the character so there'd be a Nick Fury in normal continuity that looked like Samuel L. Jackson so people who've only watched the movies won't be confused. Or as confused, anyway.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sefer posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Nick Fury's black son, Nick Fury, Jr. They created the character so there'd be a Nick Fury in normal continuity that looked like Samuel L. Jackson so people who've only watched the movies won't be confused. Or as confused, anyway.

"NO IT'S NICK FURY NOW SHUT UP" - Marvel Editorial, 2013

Secret Avengers v2 #1

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

God drat it do I loving hate Magneto's new costume. And it looks like a spandex mask in that last panel posted.

That's Magneto? I thought it was a mutant masked luchador. drat that is an awful costume for Magneto.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It's just his normal costume, but in white and black. That's a very badly drawn angle.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

TwoPair posted:

"NO IT'S NICK FURY NOW SHUT UP" - Marvel Editorial, 2013

I really can't begrudge them for this. Comic books NEED all the audiences they can get, and if they need to draw in new readers from Avengers, then whatever way they write Sam Jackson into 616 Fury is fine by me.

And to be honest Nick having a son, or 10 sons, seems perfectly reasonable to me. Guy's been sleeping with more women around the world than Quagmire.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Mister Roboto posted:

And to be honest Nick having a son, or 10 sons, seems perfectly reasonable to me. Guy's been sleeping with more women around the world than Quagmire.

I really wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those women were really sleeping with LMDs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You think he'd be stupid enough to not think of that? If people saw Fury sleeping around all the time and yet no children were born, they'd be able to identify the LMDs. Even worse, they'd accuse him of being impotent in front of his friends and humiliate him! Fury is just the kind of man paranoid enough to "insert" himself in the necessary situations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

I really can't begrudge them for this. Comic books NEED all the audiences they can get, and if they need to draw in new readers from Avengers, then whatever way they write Sam Jackson into 616 Fury is fine by me.

They haven't been drawing new readers from any of their movies in the last decade plus, adding in confusing retconned Sam Jackson won't change that fact.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Lurdiak posted:

They haven't been drawing new readers from any of their movies in the last decade plus, adding in confusing retconned Sam Jackson won't change that fact.

Really? There hasn't been the SLIGHTEST increase in interest and sales due to all the movies lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

Really? There hasn't been the SLIGHTEST increase in interest and sales due to all the movies lately?

As far as I know, not any increase that's discernable from the results of the Marvel NOW marketing push, no.

• Locked thread