Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
The Rules:
Do not whine about some picture not being cute, adorable, or uplifting to your standards. If you think it isn't cute, adorable, or uplifting post pictures that you think are.

If a picture, video, or .gif has some sort of sad back story that detracts from any one of the three main points of the thread, please don't post it. Nobody likes a wet blanket.

Pictures of your own pets are fine here, pets with stories of adorable idiosyncracies are a plus.

Pictures, videos, links, and stories are all welcome here, but videos and links need a description.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My father-in-law had been hankering for a dog after dealing with a sea of cats for five years, so they went out and got this Bernese Mountain dog. The plan is to have two dogs, and since my FIL is a big history/re-enactment guy, I suggested Lewis and Clark for names.

So this is Lewis.

Familiarizing him with the horses.

Just, the fuzziest teddiest bear there's ever been.

So now I'm constantly bombarded with heartmelting photos of Lewis, as well as the goofy stuff her cats are doing. I know Funhilde will appreciate this...

Since their family is pretty big into sewing, so I have literally hundreds of photos like this:

And just because it may have been the best thing in the last thread, tiny rainfrog announcing to the world what a hard mother fucker he is.

edit: I totally hosed up the tags...

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Mar 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
People make discoveries about strangers when they sit in a ball pit together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfHV4-N2LxQ

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
This website is everything you will ever need

Make it your homepage, you will feel better every time you open your computer.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bernese are so adorable :swoon: Even when they're giant they're still pretty dogs.

This is Sydney, the mini-Australian Shepherd. She hates having her photo taken, so her asleep is the best time to get one:

Domino is much better about having his picture taken:

I often find myself melting at the stupid and/or cute things he does.

And this picture I took of my grandparents just makes me :3:

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Cross-posting from the Corgi Thread in Pet Island, I just brought home a dog on Monday. This is Tegan!

Her original owner was an elderly woman who took a bad fall, so the owner's family kept her around as an outside dog for 4 months before relinquishing her to the rescue. I think she's just happy to be indoors and have a bed to sleep on :3:

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Boomerjinks posted:

So now I'm constantly bombarded with heartmelting photos of Lewis, as well as the goofy stuff her cats are doing. I know Funhilde will appreciate this...

Since their family is pretty big into sewing, so I have literally hundreds of photos like this:

Yes. Sewing room cats are good cats.
Elmer doesn't like sewing.

I was bummed out so I made a thing for my cat
Elmer the Grey.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
"I put on my robe and wizard cat..."

My dog was lying there like this, whining because his sunbeam had moved off of him and he didn't know what to do.

:3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Golden-i posted:

"I put on my robe and wizard cat..."

My dog was lying there like this, whining because his sunbeam had moved off of him and he didn't know what to do.

:3:

I always liked that Misty would lie down at the leading edge so as to get the maximum time as the sun shifted before she had to move.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

All dogs should wear argyle socks.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Ahhhhhh :3: :3:

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Cosmo is a fluffy little(big) baby.

Sagan is too smart for her own good and loves Laundry day:

(Its dirty because it's laundry day!)

The best thing ever is coming home and having these two SO loving EXCITED THAT I'M BACK HOME!! WHERE DID YOU GO?!?! WHO CARES YOU'RE BACK I LOVE YOU!

RizieN has a new favorite as of 20:36 on Mar 14, 2013

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

They have a love/hate relationship.

Or maybe a confusion/hate relationship.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Wheany posted:

Or maybe a confusion/cat relationship.

The dog just wants to love. All cats simultaneously love and hate everything.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
"I just went out of my way and physical nature to give you a big warm embrace, and you pat me on the head?! You condescending rear end in a top hat!"

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
One of my cats summarizing what being a cat is all about; taking good things away from others and looking darn cute while at it.

Bastard was actually pretending he was stretching and it just "happened" to be towards a ham sandwich. :rolleyes:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Kanfy posted:

Bastard was actually pretending he was stretching and it just "happened" to be towards a ham sandwich. :rolleyes:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dog refuses to leave stick behind, and makes cute noises while doing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_3WQYyy7nA
*clang clang*

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Mark Twain's Cat:

MikeJF posted:

Mr. Clemens borrowed a kitten one time, called Bambino, from Clara, who had him in the sanitarium, and had trained him to wash his own face in the bowl every morning -- which shows that he was a very smart little cat. He used to have this kitten up in his room at the Fifth Avenue house and he taught it to put out a light, too. He had a tiny little lamp to light his cigars with at the head of the bed, and after he got all fixed and didn't want the light any more, he taught that cat to put his paw on the light and put it out. Bambino would jump on the bed, look at Mr. Clemens to see if he was through with the light, and when Mr. Clemens would bow twice to him, he'd jump over on to that table quick, and put his little paw right on the lamp! Mr. Clemens was always showing him off; he did that for a lot of people that come there to call.

One night he got kind of gay, when he heard some cats calling from the back fence, so he found a window open and he stole out. We looked high and low but couldn't find him. Mr. Clemens felt so bad that he advertised in all the papers for him. He offered a reward for anybody that would bring the cat back. My goodness! the people that came bringing cats to that house! A perfect stream! They all wanted to see Mr. Clemens, of course.

Two or three nights after, Katherine heard a cat meowing across the street in General Sickles' back yard, and there was Bambino--large as life! So she brought him right home. Mr. Clemens was delighted and then he advertised that his cat was found! But the people kept coming just the same with all kinds of cats for him--anything to get a glimpse of Mr. Clemens!

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I apologize for the crappy picture quality (yay cellphones) but this is Bear, our bunny. He always does this when you walk in and say "Out?"

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
This octopus just told the funniest joke.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
I hope these don't count as macros, but here are some random acts of kindness (click for full size)

And a letter from a father to his son

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

apsouthern posted:

I hope these don't count as macros, but here are some random acts of kindness (click for full size)

And a letter from a father to his son

"We are out, like you now." :3:

I won't lie, I got a bit misty-eyed at some of those.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

morcant posted:

People being awesome!

This is from the city animal shelter where I volunteer. The little girl who wrote it spent her birthday weekend playing with the cats that are up for adoption and generally being the cutest thing ever.

Esmerelda has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Mar 16, 2013

Veinless
Sep 11, 2008

Smells like motivation
No picture, but found this dude with a prosthetic arm pretty encouraging. http://youtu.be/_qUPnnROxvY (thanks gif thread)

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I think this video is pretty cute. A girl surprises Stephen Fry with a song. Stephen Fry reacts adorably. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1bXy5pSGJE

Every Man Jack
Jan 14, 2010
Pillbug

Radio! posted:

I think this video is pretty cute. A girl surprises Stephen Fry with a song. Stephen Fry reacts adorably. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1bXy5pSGJE

Ok, this is just absolutely awesome. I don't think I've ever seen such an eloquent man struck completely speechless.

Mithra6
Jan 24, 2006

Elvis is dead, Sinatra is dead, and me I feel also not so good.
Have a :black101: parrot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uguXNL93fWg

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

apsouthern posted:

The picture that says "We have power! Please feel free to charge your phone" was right after Hurricane Sandy when almost nobody had power. Some people would rather charge their phone than have a warm meal. Knowing that just made it all the more :3:

HappyAlpaca
Nov 10, 2012

RizieN posted:

Cosmo is a fluffy little(big) baby.

So cute! What kind of dog is Cosmo?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

apsouthern posted:

Wheelchair mosh pit dude is just wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

See, this is why I hate taking out the trash. Dumpster bears. :colbert:

e: Penguins: pretty much an entire species of drunks.

Comptroll The Forums has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Mar 17, 2013

• Locked thread