Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Derek of the Andes posted:

Isn't Jaffe's name spelled incorrectly on the poster?

Nope, spelled correctly.

the kawaiiest posted:

I live in Austin. If you're coming within the next couple of weeks you'll probably see some really nice weather.

I'll be down there two weeks from tomorrow. I came down about two years ago when my cousin first moved down here two years ago. It was warm, about the mid 80s, but not "OMG it's freaking hot" like it was for ACL in 2011 when it was in September. Looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Tulip Candy posted:

A micro needle roller for my face

Vitamin C serum

My beauty regimen is slowly becoming more and more like medieval torture.

:stonk:

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Tulip Candy posted:

Vitamin C serum

what the gently caress is that

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Do tell us what the tool does and what the burning acid is for please.

edit for some content: Fountain pens.

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 04:01 on Mar 21, 2013

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Tickets to see Awolnation with Mother Mother and blondfire this sunday in Niagara.

I've seen Awolnation three times already, and each show was incredible; Aaron Bruno puts on a great live show. I've only listened to a few Mother Mother songs and I've never heard of blondfire at all, but I'm going with my girlfriend and my best friend who moved away last summer, so I'm sure it'll be a great time.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

That was my reaction too. Jesus Christ. What in the hell is that?

Anyway, bought

Was on sale, couldn't resist.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

KingColliwog posted:

what the gently caress is that

It is a roller needle to penetrate the top layer of the skin so that vitamins, lotions, anti-oxidants, serums, etc can absorb a whole lot better. It has had some really damaging effects on people who have contracted various diseases from inadequately sterilized rollers in a clinical setting. I hope that Tulip Candy sterilizes the poo poo out of that thing each time he/she uses it.

Me? I'd just live with bad skin. gently caress that thing.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
Basically what iForge said + it's said it helps the skin repair itself by tricking it into renewing the top cell layer faster.

And yes, I'm gonna be sterilizing the poo poo out of it with alcohol before I use it on my squeaky clean face. Some people use numbing creams before using this thing but I'm just gonna do a shot of vodka, that should have the same effect.

Btw, the serum does not cause any stinging. Vitamin C ≠ Citric Acid.

MistahBread
Feb 23, 2007
Yes Sah!

Tulip Candy posted:

Basically what iForge said + it's said it helps the skin repair itself by tricking it into renewing the top cell layer faster.

Is this a proven-with-actual-science kinda thing, or more of a hologram-bracelet kinda thing? :|

Content:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Two day (one night) trip to Yosemite from San Francisco in September. This is the most expensive part of my trip besides the flights to the US so the rest of the booking will happen a lot faster :) So excited.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

MistahBread posted:

Is this a proven-with-actual-science kinda thing, or more of a hologram-bracelet kinda thing? :|

Honestly, I just looked at Amazon reviews and Youtube videos. The roller was 10 bucks so if it's bollocks, I didn't really waste much.

Now my cat won't starve!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Tulip Candy posted:

Vitamin C ≠ Citric Acid.

No, it's Ascorbic Acid. Still an acid, but yeah, it is too weak an acid to burn. It's probably also fairly dilute.

Also I got some delicious pumpernickel bread earlier today.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I paid a nonrefundable deposit today. Going to study law in Chile for six weeks!! WOO YEAH

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Coca Koala posted:

Tickets to see Awolnation with Mother Mother and blondfire this sunday in Niagara.

I've seen Awolnation three times already, and each show was incredible; Aaron Bruno puts on a great live show. I've only listened to a few Mother Mother songs and I've never heard of blondfire at all, but I'm going with my girlfriend and my best friend who moved away last summer, so I'm sure it'll be a great time.

Mother Mother has some great records. Little too pop for me but I really dig the instrumentation and they make some interesting arrangements.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
some readin' :c00l:

I really should get an ebook reader but I'm not quite ready for it yet...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've tried e-readers and I'm not a fan (too small for the hands, can't throw it around like a book) I'm sticking to 2nd hand/library books.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Replacing my HTC V cause, just, god drat I hate that phone.

Also bought Assassin's Creed 3, Fallout GOTY, an angel blade replica made out of solid aluminum (loves me some Supernatural) and I'm gonna go to pizza hut today and get delicious numnums.

IT WILL BE A GLORIOUS DAY!

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

iForge posted:

Yeah I think I'll keep my zits and wrinkles thank you very much. Jesus that thing is scary. I hate needles so much.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

screenwritersblues posted:

I keep seeing this pop up all the time and I won the poster for when Grohl played with the band on Jimmy Kimmel Live, so I guess that I'm going to have to order this when Cards Against Humanity restocks on Amazon.

Absolutely get it. I finally got around to watching it and it's really good.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Logitech G400 mouse.

Logitech K270 keyboard.

NEW COMPUTER LIMBS.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

iForge posted:

It is a roller needle to penetrate the top layer of the skin so that vitamins, lotions, anti-oxidants, serums, etc can absorb a whole lot better. It has had some really damaging effects on people who have contracted various diseases from inadequately sterilized rollers in a clinical setting. I hope that Tulip Candy sterilizes the poo poo out of that thing each time he/she uses it.

This sounds very bad for you. The human skin is great for getting stuff out of the body, I will never understand people who try to put stuff in it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
267 shares of VTSAX. Gettin' rich slowly.

GoGoGadgetChris has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Mar 21, 2013

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Glottis posted:

This'll be time number 5 for me I think. First time I saw them, they were supporting the self-released Slow Hole to China and I was one of maybe 13 people in the crowd on Halloween, haha.

Oh man, I'm so pissed their Baltimore show sold out before I knew about it. I've been wanting to see Clutch forever but I always either forget or I'm not in town.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Tulip Candy posted:

Vitamin C serum

What the hell?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I might paint these metallic teal.

And 2 sets of Schirmer springs :getin:

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I might paint these metallic teal.

Hell yes. I used to have those on my old E46 330i.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can

bowmore posted:

I've tried e-readers and I'm not a fan (too small for the hands, can't throw it around like a book) I'm sticking to 2nd hand/library books.

Even new paperbacks are pretty drat cheap. I got all of those for like thirty euros. But I like the idea of saving space and paper, and I actually find e-readers (at least the ones I've tried) more comfortable to hold than a book. Plus no more embarassing book covers for everyone to see when you're reading in public!

These just arrived today

My first pair of new ballerinas in like 4 years, I love em!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

kreyla posted:

I paid a nonrefundable deposit today. Going to study law in Chile for six weeks!! WOO YEAH

Why the hell would you come here to study law of all things? :stonk:

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I got some new speakers for my car. They sound way more expensive than the $50 I paid for them.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I got some new speakers for my car. They sound way more expensive than the $50 I paid for them.

What do you drive? Did you get an amp? Do you have a stock radio? I have 6x9s in the rear and I think replacing would be awesome.

ettekcorb
May 16, 2008

Coca Koala posted:

I got the same thing, but for the Virginia show on the 20th. It's a great show. Enjoy!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I spent $50 on IAP for one app for my iPad Mini and iPod Touch:

JamUP ProXT

The sound quality of the amp and effects modeling smokes everything else available on iOS. GarageBand, Amplitube, Ampkit, etc...

And since Apple just released an update for GarageBand that allows you to use this app, and other 3rd party apps to record to GarageBand, I couldn't resist.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

colas posted:

What do you drive? Did you get an amp? Do you have a stock radio? I have 6x9s in the rear and I think replacing would be awesome.

I drive an '04 Pontiac GTP. I have an aftermarket Pioneer touchscreen head unit. I do have a cheapo 500 watt amp that drives a single Pioneer "12 sub. I put some Kicker 6.5's in the doors and the 6x9's in the back, both powered by the head unit. It sounds really, really good.

I know a few guy with ridiculous systems and mine sounds about as good as theirs, aside from being able to achieve ear splitting volume. My next purchase will be a decent 4 channel amp and better wiring. That should bring the whole thing home I hope.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
In case anyone was wondering on the validity of the Daft Punk Monster Headphones I posted earlier, they came in Tuesday. The box is huge, and the interior is a all white and teal. Guy and Thomas are on the side of the box in their Tron Legacy outfits, since it's a promo(?) special edition item. They are incredibly shiny and it's cool to see the Daft Punk logo etched on them, just need a double A to test the LED's on the ear pieces. They sound pretty good so I'm happy with them.

Shiny as gently caress

Comes in a nice white case with the Tron "T"

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

squarerandom posted:

In case anyone was wondering on the validity of the Daft Punk Monster Headphones I posted earlier, they came in Tuesday. The box is huge, and the interior is a all white and teal. Guy and Thomas are on the side of the box in their Tron Legacy outfits, since it's a promo(?) special edition item. They are incredibly shiny and it's cool to see the Daft Punk logo etched on them, just need a double A to test the LED's on the ear pieces. They sound pretty good so I'm happy with them.

How much did those run you? I want them. :stare: You mentioned a new album in the last post, Daft Punk is coming out with one?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not a huge fan of the style, not enough bright colours! I like that there are Daft Punk headphones out there though.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Tulip Candy posted:

Vitamin C serum

Oh hey, I use that exact roller! My doctor prescribed that to get dermovate under the skin on my head for a really irritating autoimmune condition, there's nothing more fun than getting long hair stuck in that wheel and pulling it out if you're not careful :suicide:.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You wait ages for a game then 2 come along at once. Picked up both of these today, Need for Speed digitally and traded in some stuff for Monster Hunter.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

njsykora posted:

You wait ages for a game then 2 come along at once. Picked up both of these today, Need for Speed digitally and traded in some stuff for Monster Hunter.

Are you in the UK? Did you get the free preorder shirt? That thing was sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

How much did those run you? I want them. :stare: You mentioned a new album in the last post, Daft Punk is coming out with one?

Yeah man, be excited: heres the daft thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2524151&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

• Locked thread