Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008
Lots of news items dropping today from PAX East.

IGN - Borderlands 2 Level Cap Increase Announced (5 bucks for cap increase to level 61 unless you have Season Pass // Free update includes 3rd playthrough starting at 50 called Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, Pearlescent weapons, drops April 2nd, 4th Campaign at end of June.)

IGN - Borderlands 2’s New Character is a Psycho

IGN - New Borderlands 2 Loot Chest Announced ($99.99 Loot chest like the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition, no game, 20 shift keys, other rewards)

Kotaku - What Is Tiny Tina Teasing For Borderlands 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxWS32YAnlA

Edit > beaten on krieg
Edit 2 > better summaries
Edit 3 > Tiny Tina Teaser

Gabrielite fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
There was a shift code for costumes last weekend that I missed because I was out of town. Will there be any other way to get those costumes or am I just poo poo out of luck?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

jivjov posted:

There was a shift code for costumes last weekend that I missed because I was out of town. Will there be any other way to get those costumes or am I just poo poo out of luck?

Someone will probably upload a save with them sooner or later.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

11 new levels? I'm curious about how they tackled enemy and weapon balance.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Well the Update for UVHM is free for all, so I guess there's some kind of tweaks they're rolling out for everyone.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
They're actually charging for the level cap increase? Shine on, you retarded diamonds. I guess they want to make Season Pass buyers feel SLIGHTLY less ripped off.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I didn't feel ripped off at all, and now I feel even better getting unexpected added value on top of that. :v:

115 dollar value for 60 dollars? Hell yeah.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 24, 2013

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dorroile posted:

They're actually charging for the level cap increase? Shine on, you retarded diamonds. I guess they want to make Season Pass buyers feel SLIGHTLY less ripped off.

Were we supposed to feel ripped off before? I sure don't feel ripped off. I got my Season pass for like $16, and have gotten 3 pretty awesome DLCs out of it so far.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Did the Mechromancer DLC come free if you have the Season Pass? I don't remember.

EDIT: Also, it's five bucks. Skip on a burger next time you want fast food if you really feel ripped off by it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Did the Mechromancer DLC come with the Season Pass? I don't remember.

The Season Pass only included the campaign DLCs, so no.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

CJacobs posted:

Did the Mechromancer DLC come free if you have the Season Pass? I don't remember.

EDIT: Also, it's five bucks. Skip on a burger next time you want fast food if you really feel ripped off by it.

Mechro came for free if you preordered. So if you went with the Green Man Gaming deal (10 dollars off on BL2 preorder) with 25% off vouchers for both the game and the season pass, you got phenomenal bang for your buck.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

Dorroile posted:

I too feel that they should continue to update and support their game for years after release without making any additional money.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think the game and season pass cost me and my crew the princely sum of £27 each so I'm not complaining. Really excited to see how crazy the characters can get with another 11 skill points and hopefully pearlescent stuff will have more than a one in a million chance of dropping.

e: I've logged over 100 hours in this game and I swear I'm still hearing new lines. My favourite one was a bandit delivering a line as I shot him suddenly switching to "Thanks for ruining the last thing I ever said!"

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 24, 2013

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't wait to play a Psycho just to hear what kind of retarded poo poo they come up with for one liners.

GIVE ME A BUCKET... AND I'LL SHOW YOU A BUCKET ?:black101:?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I hope they fit in the entire "to be, or not to be" soliloquy as one of the psycho's kill streak lines, maybe have it pop up 1% of the time to keep it from getting annoying.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dorroile posted:

Hold up, let me go tell gearbox how I was ripped off because I've gotten to play 3 pretty great dlc's. Should I write a long winded speech or just sling my poo at them while yelling "ripped off" and "shitlords?"

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

AnonSpore posted:

I hope they fit in the entire "to be, or not to be" soliloquy as one of the psycho's kill streak lines, maybe have it pop up 1% of the time to keep it from getting annoying.

No, not Shakespear. Queen

o/~ Mamma, just killed a man o/~

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I wonder how many universe lifetimes it'll take to get one of those pearlescents to drop.

Also, I REALLY hope the new character isn't completely focused on melee.

And to be fair, I'm not sure if I'd call all three of the DLC's 'pretty great'. Aside from the hilarious dialogue, Torgue was pretty drat uninspired, and the Hammerlock DLC was just meh. Captain Scarlet was cool though.

AHungryRobot fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 24, 2013

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Ahhahahahahhahahahahaha no loving way

They spelled 'psycho' wrong.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ahhahahahahhahahahahaha no loving way

They spelled 'psycho' wrong.

It's meta humor because the image was obviously made by a bandit.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Good stuff! I should probably get of my rear end and buy some of the DLC stuff. :)

I wonder if the shift codes in the chest are unique or if they can be shared?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
100 bucks for the chest and it doesn't have the game? Is that a loving joke?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

RyokoTK posted:

100 bucks for the chest and it doesn't have the game? Is that a loving joke?

No, just the codes and a toy chest of questionable size. Also, a Goliath helmet mask and in-game head so everyone can know you have [too much disposable income/too little money sense].

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kaethela posted:

Someone will probably upload a save with them sooner or later.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the costume keys so far both included outfits that have been in the game files since the beginning, and "unlock all outfits" saves already include them.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

AHungryRobot posted:

Also, I REALLY hope the new character isn't completely focused on melee.

I actually hope the opposite. I'm really wanting some New Vegas-esque fist/melee weapons in the game.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

miscellaneous14 posted:

I actually hope the opposite. I'm really wanting some New Vegas-esque fist/melee weapons in the game.

Have fun fighting Bunker!

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Well it wouldn't be Borderlands 2 if you couldn't also throw them!

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
Here's a teaser of the 4th DLC deal in Season 1.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/24/4142062/borderlands-2s-fourth-campaign-expansion-teased-with-bunkers-and

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

miscellaneous14 posted:

Well it wouldn't be Borderlands 2 if you couldn't also throw them!
Yeah, he's a psycho! You know, the guys who if they can't figure out how to path to you start chucking axes at you instead.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Oh hey I didn't realise that was actually about the next DLC.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Have fun fighting Bunker!

Guns stop doing damage to things if you don't have skills to boost them.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

If you're melee focused you obviously never use guns. I mean it only makes sense, right?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Reiley posted:

He has a whole tree dedicated to Elemental damage. Unless they pull a brick and attach fire and explosions to his fists, there are skills for guns.

(yes I know your post was sarcasm, but it bears mentioning)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are there any other trees wholly dedicated to elemental damage right now? Closest I can think of is the Mechromancer's middle one.

(edit) Oh Siren Cataclysm I guess too :downs:

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

AnonSpore posted:

"What a piece of work is man" would be the best choice.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

AirRaid posted:

Unless they pull a brick and attach fire and explosions to his fists

The promo pics of Krieg do have dynamite strapped to his buzz axe.......

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Is there anyone who'd be interested in starting a new campaign and playing some co-op? I made it about 30 hours into the game before my old laptop shitted out and I just built a new computer a couple months ago. I was playing with my roommate, but he lost his saves as well.

Edit: I'm Essplode on Steam if anyone's interested.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 25, 2013

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The IGN article has been updated. It now includes a six minute demo of some of Kreig's skills. Dear god, there's an item in his middle skill tree that when activated, he suicides himself with explosives in FFYL to get second wind.:unsmigghh:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Doodles posted:

The IGN article has been updated. It now includes a six minute demo of some of Kreig's skills. Dear god, there's an item in his middle skill tree that when activated, he suicides himself with explosives in FFYL to get second wind.:unsmigghh:

Oh sweet jesus that's amazing. Now if they just fix the level scaling, this game will be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wow, he looks fun. Makes me belatedly realize I rather like high-risk high-reward types in most games. Were any other characters/trees designed to be high-risk high-reward like they say Krieg is?

On another note, who said they were using 150/100/10/7.5/3/2/1 in cheat engine? As fun as it is, I got like four legendaries to drop on A Dam Fine Rescue earlier in four player, which seems a bit much :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 25, 2013

• Locked thread