Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
Am I really going to have to make like 11 Cross Bowguns (the first light bowgun) if I want every possible finished upgrade path for it? Is this even a worthwhile thing to do? Please tell me it's not, because :pwn:

Edit: Oh no, every weapon is like this. Getting that award for several of every weapon maxed will take years, I tell you. Years.

Sudoku fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
With a bunch of the weapon lines you can buy into them from the shop. More purchasable gear unlocks there as you advance in rank, too - I can now purchase the Ludroth SnS, for example, with no materials investment (just a hefty zenny price).

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Am I correct to assume that a switch axe with paralyze on it and an elemental phial will get boosted paralyze damage when in sword mode despite paralyze not being an element?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So I played through and loved Tri on the Wii so I got MHFU for the PSP because I'm a poor and can't afford the 3DS/Wii U, and god loving drat do I miss that second analog stick so much. Trying to learn THE CLAW might be one of the more frustrating game experiences I've ever had.

Although gently caress Dual Blades are awesome as poo poo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I kind of don't like how a lot of armor sets received a huge nerf, at least in Normal from what I've seen. In Tri the rathalos set gave you crit eye, attack up M, heat resist, and a lot of gem slots. Now it only gives you attack up M and speed sharpening, with only 2-3 gem slots in the armor.

What the hell can I even do with two separate gem slots? One of them had to be used to get rid of the recovery debuff. Guess I have to find a +fire attack charm.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Majuju posted:

Polish up that turd (actual advice for once)!

I need like a billion earth crystals and monster fluids, and I've yet to find a good way of farming for fluids. I can't make a poison weapon weak enough to kill the banabra without destroying them, even fighting naked crushes them.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Can I kill godzillas on the wiiu remote thing or do I have to have it hooked to a tv?

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Ramadu posted:

Can I kill godzillas on the wiiu remote thing or do I have to have it hooked to a tv?

TV for now, I think though that when the save transfer patch they will allow you to play on the pad as well, at least that's what IRC tells me.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

WendigoJohnson posted:

I need like a billion earth crystals and monster fluids, and I've yet to find a good way of farming for fluids. I can't make a poison weapon weak enough to kill the banabra without destroying them, even fighting naked crushes them.

If Bhanabra are too much a pain, try Giggis instead, or wait for Altaroths to go suck up some resources and inflate, then smash them and grab the shinies they drop.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

WendigoJohnson posted:

You can kill giggis (not Gigginox) to get Monster Fluid. Also, to kill bhnabara, combine Bomb Casing + Toadstool to make a Poison Smoke Bomb. Gather a bunch up (use a torch) and deploy the bomb. The bugs'll get smoked & poisoned and just fly around a bit before dying and leaving a corpse behind.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Notinghamington posted:

TV for now, I think though that when the save transfer patch they will allow you to play on the pad as well, at least that's what IRC tells me.

The save transfer app is already up, the supposed upcoming patch is for offscreen play and cross region online

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

WendigoJohnson posted:

Giggi babies are the best way; you can go to area 8 in the tundra and just farm them forever, since they respawn

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Bland posted:

The save transfer app is already up, the supposed upcoming patch is for offscreen play and cross region online

Oh, I didn't know that, where can I find it?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Search "Monster Hunter" on the 3DS e-shop and you'll find the save transfer app. Search "Monster Hunter" on Wii U and you'll find the packet relay online app.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Speedboat Jones posted:

Search "Monster Hunter" on the 3DS e-shop and you'll find the save transfer app. Search "Monster Hunter" on Wii U and you'll find the packet relay online app.

So does this mean i can kill godzillas on the wiiu controller without needing a tv or just a 3ds save to wiiu thing?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramadu posted:

So does this mean i can kill godzillas on the wiiu controller without needing a tv or just a 3ds save to wiiu thing?

No, the Packet Relay is so your 3DS can go online and use multiplayer using the Wii U as a piggyback. The Save Transfer app on 3DS allows you to transfer your save file between the Wii U and the 3DS. Off-tv play is said to come out in April.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Ramadu posted:

You can't kill godzillas on the WiiU pad until the april patch. Until then it's all on a tv or a 3DS, depending on which version you get.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Man that sucks. Thanks for the quick replies though!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

WendigoJohnson posted:

The best method I've found for monster fluid is the 2* Bug Hunt quest for killing altaroths. It provides you with two poison smoke bombs, and if you run up to one and kick it the rest nearby will get mad at you and gather up, so you can get 3-4 per bomb that way for super easy carves. They're a pretty common reward for the mission too.

Leave the shakalakas at home though, they're jerks and will smash your already poisoned bugs to bits.

descoteaux
Sep 18, 2003
Is there another website to figure out which charm table you're on? The website linked in the OP depends on a Japanese website which has been hosed for days.

I don't know if I'm wasting my time or not and the hours are adding up. :ohdear:

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Bussamove posted:

The best method I've found for monster fluid is the 2* Bug Hunt quest for killing altaroths. It provides you with two poison smoke bombs, and if you run up to one and kick it the rest nearby will get mad at you and gather up, so you can get 3-4 per bomb that way for super easy carves. They're a pretty common reward for the mission too.

Leave the shakalakas at home though, they're jerks and will smash your already poisoned bugs to bits.

This is what I've always done with any sort of tedious gathering from tiny critters like kelbi and bugs and whatnot. It's always felt like a better option than finding a farming spot because you're playing the odds a little less, or at least it seems that way. Reason being the reward screen usually spits out two or three of what you need on top of maybe the one or two you got during the mission itself, all for ~5 minutes as opposed to carving another wing or spine for the dozenth time in a row.

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
Brachydios is an amazing fight. What parts should I be focusing on? I pretty much need all of his weapons because they look amazing. Was using a water gunlance, but the lack of mobility is a bit troublesome, will probably try SnS with Volvidon armour.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Are the skills like fire attack up basically the same as elemental attack up but just for one weapon? Are they worth using if you don't have a sns/DS?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I just saw my first Uragaan today. Jesus Christ do I not want to fight that thing. :stare:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Lizard Wizard posted:

I just saw my first Uragaan today. Jesus Christ do I not want to fight that thing. :stare:

He's kind of a chump actually. Duramboros is way harder

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bland posted:

Duramboros is way harder

Yeah, I kinda noticed that. :suicide:

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
Killed my first deviljho and realized his set got nerfed just like the ceadeus one. Has anyone found a set that gives sharpness+1 yet? I am on table 6 too and have yet to see any good charms. I did decide though that deviljho's set is nice enough that I may have found a replacement for my wraggi set. I've gotten pretty used to my cowboy getup though so it'll be a hard one to give up.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

As much as I enjoy difficult games I shudder to think of how bad I'm going to be at this later given that I'm struggling this much against qurupeco :negative:

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

quiggy posted:

As much as I enjoy difficult games I shudder to think of how bad I'm going to be at this later given that I'm struggling this much against qurupeco :negative:

The beauty of this game is that soon you will know Qurupeco like the back of your hand. I love wrecking his dumb bird face with a big hammer.

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

Seemenaked posted:

Killed my first deviljho and realized his set got nerfed just like the ceadeus one. Has anyone found a set that gives sharpness+1 yet? I am on table 6 too and have yet to see any good charms. I did decide though that deviljho's set is nice enough that I may have found a replacement for my wraggi set. I've gotten pretty used to my cowboy getup though so it'll be a hard one to give up.

I miss Helios+ Chest and Arms with Helios Coil and Legs. High grade earplugs and Sharpness +1 with helmet and talisman spare? Yes please. I think they prefer to nerf high and low rank stuff than give out ridiculous skills on G-rank.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

So who thought the Ceadeus was a fun boss fight? I could live without it. It could not exist and I'd probably be a happier person.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

quiggy posted:

Everyone struggles hardcore with the game when they first pick it up. This bird is loving infuriating and he's summoning dragons and loving poo poo what help oh god.

Then you keep at it, learn his tricks, and move on to the next what-the-gently caress-is-this-poo poo monster once you've turned Peco into your personal punching bag.

His name is Barroth by the way, and he's very happy to see you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are Powercharm and Armorcharm exactly what they sound like? Can I just buy one and stick it in my bank like the crafting books, or do I have to carry it for the presumed attack/defense buffs?

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

You have to carry the charms.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe you guys are saying lance is easy mode, but for me it's light bowgun. All the HR poo poo you guys have been saying are hard I'm steamrolling without taking much damage. It's easy playing keepaway from purple ludroth and pink rathian and pounding them in the face with Normal Shot 3 or whatever element shot works best.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Well poo poo, just did the purple ludroth in SP. That lasted even longer than Duramboros and Ceadeus, it had an absurd amount of HP. Can I expect that out of all HR quests?

Also my supplies were only delivered once I found it. Was that only for that event quest or are you expected to bring your own stuff in HR?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

So who thought the Ceadeus was a fun boss fight? I could live without it. It could not exist and I'd probably be a happier person.

I tend to agree. I think there's a certain sense of obligation to include a larger-than-average "setpiece" boss fight in MH games like Caedeus, Jhen Mohran or Lao Shan Lung where the sheer size of the thing has crossed a point where it would be understandably difficult to give you a more standard fight. I get why they do it, and those fights are certainly neat as a thing maybe once or twice because it's awesome to hit them with big poo poo like the Dragonator and then the theme kicks in an ultimately you've beaten this really big thing and that's really satisfying, but beyond that initial spectacle they're a snooze fest. They're all a little too slow and by the numbers. It would be refreshing to fight the big guys like everything else. One of my favorite fights of all time was Akantor because he was massive but wasn't scripted.

Caedeus is a little better because he's essentially a big, slow Lagiacrus but the pace and setting of the fight is still out of whack compared to the rest of the game which in turn makes it a lot less engaging.

Gumdrop Larry fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 27, 2013

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

Well poo poo, just did the purple ludroth in SP. That lasted even longer than Duramboros and Ceadeus, it had an absurd amount of HP. Can I expect that out of all HR quests?

Also my supplies were only delivered once I found it. Was that only for that event quest or are you expected to bring your own stuff in HR?

You just get supplied at a random time after the quest starts in HR. Also yes, stuff has way more hp, but HR weapons do way more damage so it evens out.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gosh, these Felynes are really cool with being renamed. "I guess that's who I am meow!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Lizard Wizard posted:

• Locked thread