Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Here's a place to hang out and be chill with other people who have favorites. This is a good place to talk about stuff going on on the forums, or ask questions about how they're run. General discussion is okay as well but keep the SA forum guidelines in mind and do not post like an idiot. This is not an internet mock thread. The goal here is also to make a space for those of you who feel your thread communities have been viciously dismantled by me, Eggplant Führer.

I hope this will have some of the atmosphere of the Ask us about the forums thread in A/T, only with more favorites and less sycophancy. If you want, you can even post an introduction post :gay: This will also take the place of a lot of the chat that has been going on in PYFQCS, but again, hopefully with less sycophancy. Cute animals are still good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Cute animals are still good though.

You got it, boss!

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

This thread is a great idea!

I have a question that I can't really get a clear answer to though: Are hamburgers sandwiches?

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

This thread is a great idea!

I have a question that I can't really get a clear answer to though: Are hamburgers sandwiches?
This seems like a good place to ask you about not eating the eggs, Ricola.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

bunnybean posted:

This seems like a good place to ask you about not eating the eggs, Ricola.

Oh well you see I'm a lesser man than Mr. Smashmouth Man and if he can't do it, how could I ever hope to?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hamburgers are sandwiches, yes.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Joementum posted:

Hamburgers are sandwiches, yes.
Guess we got a new Wrongest Mod

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

het posted:

Guess we got a new Wrongest Mod

Wrong as always, het.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
What's the Official Mod Position on open-faced sandwiches?

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

prefect posted:

Basically an affront to the actual sacred institution of the sandwich and likely to cause immorality and breadless sandwiches in the near future.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I'd like to take the opportunity provided by this thread to say gently caress cabybaras and gently caress those who post them. They are my least favourite animal and all other animals by comparison are my favourite. I would like to form a community of like-minded individuals in this thread.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

prefect posted:

if you allow open-faced sandwiches to be considered sandwiches, then pizza is a sandwich, and anyone who thinks pizza is a sandwich is an idiot by definition.

edit:

don't be dumb.
vvvvvvvvvvv

het has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Mar 28, 2013

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

het posted:

if you allow open-faced sandwiches to be considered sandwiches, then pizza is a sandwich, and anyone who thinks pizza is a sandwich is an idiot by definition.

Are open-faced sandwiches pizzas?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Basically an affront to the actual sacred institution of the sandwich and likely to cause immorality and breadless sandwiches in the near future.

How would you say that compares to the terror that is the lettuce wrap?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aubergine Mage posted:

How would you say that compares to the terror that is the lettuce wrap?

What is the difference between a "wrap" and a "burrito"? Serious question.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
You can charge people two bucks more if you call it a wrap instead of a burrito.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

prefect posted:

What is the difference between a "wrap" and a "burrito"? Serious question.

I've always found that wraps are like a nice, well thought out meals rolled up for easier consumption.

Burritos are more like two pounds of delicious meat, cheese and shame rolled too thin, for optimal mess. Remember, if you don't kind of hate yourself, it wasn't a burrito!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Burritos are just security blankets for poo poo you'd feel shameful for eating together in a big bowl.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I always thought that wraps are what people on diets eat, while burritos are what stoned people eat.

And yeah, wraps are thusly more highly priced than burritos.

Now where do things like Oreos and calzones fit in?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Oreos are yummy biscuits while calzones are the scourge of Dominos Pizza.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
A calzone is a pizza that you hosed up when you tried to put it in the oven. An oreo is a sandwich cookie which is a style of cookie named after sandwiches, but not actually a sandwich.

What about ice cream sandwiches? I think they might be sandwich cookies.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Ice cream sandwiches are a wonderful fusion of Oreos and (frozen) milk. Truly the most complete snack food item since Payday bars.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Eggplant Wizard posted:

A calzone is a pizza that you hosed up when you tried to put it in the oven. An oreo is a sandwich cookie which is a style of cookie named after sandwiches, but not actually a sandwich.

What about ice cream sandwiches? I think they might be sandwich cookies.

That mostly depends on whether or not ice cream cakes are cakes.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

diaper

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Urdnot Fire posted:

Ice cream sandwiches are a wonderful fusion of Oreos and (frozen) milk. Truly the most complete snack food item since Payday bars.

Klondike even makes an Oreo brand ice cream sandwich: http://www.klondikebar.com/#Sandwiches&p=sandwich_Oreo_sandwich

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

That mostly depends on whether or not ice cream cakes are cakes.
They are absolutely cakes. It's even in the name!

Thought I'd get an introduction done:

:techno:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What's the scientific name for the crunchy stuff between the vanilla ice cream and the chocolate ice cream in an ice cream cake?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

bunnybean posted:

They are absolutely cakes. It's even in the name!

We already established that open faced sandwiches aren't sandwiches come on pay attention.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

This is what I'm thinking right now

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Oh well you see I'm a lesser man than Mr. Smashmouth Man and if he can't do it, how could I ever hope to?

We all have confidence that you can eat the eggs - make us proud, show Smash Mouth how a true human beast devours eggs. Eat them like Rocky. Eat them soft boiled. Eat green ones with ham, don't listen to Sam I Am. Scramble them, sunny side up them, omelette du fromage them, whatever it takes. EAT THE EGGS RICOLA. :yum:

Also yes, hamburgers are cow sandwiches. The un-sloppy joe, if you will.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Mar 29, 2013

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Would a McGriddle be considered a sandwich, or any other breakfast sandwich substituting bread for a biscuit?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

NienNunb posted:

Would a McGriddle be considered a sandwich, or any other breakfast sandwich substituting bread for a biscuit?

The "bread" on a McGriddle is more like a pancake than anything. The Luther burger already set the precedent of pastries as bread, and burgers are sandwiches.

Ergo ipso facto, McGriddle = sandwich.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Meat and or cheese between bread is a sandwich.

Meat and or cheese between pastries (i.e. a Luther or a McGriddle) is technically a pie.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Meat and or cheese between pastries (i.e. a Luther or a McGriddle) is technically a pie.

Where do you stand on Monte Cristos?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A Monte Cristo is definitely a sandwich, but let's be honest, it's trying a bit too hard.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I think any type of filling would do, such as a tuna sandwich, a mayonnaise sandwich, or an egg salad sandwich, but bread is definitely required.

On a different note, what's the difference between a chicken ballotine and a chicken galantine?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

No, pies are by definition baked goods (as in: the ingredients must be baked with the pastries). But a McGriddle is definitely not a sandwich, either.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

We already established that open faced sandwiches aren't sandwiches come on pay attention.

:colbert:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This daycrew PYF chapter is really hitting it's stride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

BgRdMchne posted:

On a different note, what's the difference between a chicken ballotine and a chicken galantine?

Is it the same as the difference between Goofus and Gallant?

• Locked thread