Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

Sadly Saul of the Mole Men appears to have been left out of the deal.

There's a good chance it's just not listed or it may pop up later on.

Also, looks like Trailer Park Boys got another last minute reprieve from leaving us, maybe this time I'll get more than an episode or 2 in before quitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collects Welfare
May 16, 2006

I see what you did there...
The "Top Ten for [user]" list is perhaps the most useless Netflix offers, and that's saying something. I have seen 8 out of 10 of the recommendations. "Hey, Collects Welfare, I saw you liked Lost in Translation. I think you'd really like Lost in Translation!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Collects Welfare posted:

The "Top Ten for [user]" list is perhaps the most useless Netflix offers, and that's saying something. I have seen 8 out of 10 of the recommendations. "Hey, Collects Welfare, I saw you liked Lost in Translation. I think you'd really like Lost in Translation!"

They're going for the sure thing!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Collects Welfare posted:

Not to mention they're not even the movies they think you'll rate the highest. The highest rated movie in my Top Ten is predicted at 3.5 stars, while both Mulholland Dr. and Once Upon a Time in the West are predicted at 4.5, and are nowhere on the main page.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So Budz House is about a group of stoners who accidentally create "superweed" and have to evade sinister forces. I know it'll be dumb, but funny dumb or boring dumb? Also, why is Punch-Drunk Love in the romantic comedies section?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Since it clearly has nothing to do with anyone's actual interests, I'm guessing certain series/films just pay for the promotion.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Since it clearly has nothing to do with anyone's actual interests, I'm guessing certain series/films just pay for the promotion.

My Recommended list is always pretty spot-on and shows up with things like Naked which almost certainly wasn't a paid promotion.

donJonSwan
Dec 6, 2004
Scum Pirate

I Before E posted:

So Budz House is about a group of stoners who accidentally create "superweed" and have to evade sinister forces. I know it'll be dumb, but funny dumb or boring dumb? Also, why is Punch-Drunk Love in the romantic comedies section?

I can't think of another genre Punch Drunk Love would fit into.

"I'm lookin' at your face and I just wanna smash it. I just wanna fuckin' smash it with a sledgehammer and squeeze it. You're so pretty."

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Finished West Wing a week ago, on season 4 of Battlestar Galactica now, and thanks to Streamingsoon I find out Fringe is coming April 1st.

I will never stop bingeing!

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
I just finished watching Bulletproof Salesman, which is a short documentary on a German contractor who sells armored cars in dozens of wartorn countries. There's not much to it besides just following him around, but the subject matter is pretty interesting.

And thanks to the new Cartoon Network line-up, it looks like I'll be rewatching Samurai Jack and Justice League all weekend.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
It looks like Fat Kid Rules The World was just added to Netflix. If you liked Safety Not Guaranteed you might like this comedy / drama that's also set in Seattle and about the pain of growing up and fitting in. I caught it at the Seattle Film Festival last year and really enjoyed the flick.

Way Strong Pimphand
Feb 19, 2010
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that recommended Safety Not Guaranteed and The Great Happiness Space. Both such amazing films.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Just F.Y.I., The Cartoon Network & Adult Swim content it up!

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Have Amazon Prime connected to my TV now too. Other than Justified and (briefly) Fringe, is there anything particularly cool that they have that Netflix doesn't?

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Off the top of my head, The Shield.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

CPFortest posted:

Off the top of my head, The Shield.

Please watch this immediately!

Also, I thought they were adding Clone Wars to Instant as well, yesterday.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Canned Panda posted:

Just F.Y.I., The Cartoon Network & Adult Swim content it up!

It's only the first seasons of everything, though. :smith:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

WickedIcon posted:

On the plus side, that includes the Venture Brothers pilot that's not in any of the DVD collections. (Not in any of mine, anyway.)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

WickedIcon posted:

Was there an announcement that stated if it would be just one season or could there be more coming? Sometimes when Netflix adds/drops stuff at the beginning of the month stuff gets screwy for a day or so.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

WickedIcon posted:

This is the worst news. :(

Edit: It seems some series have more than one season and some don't. Venture Bros and Samurai Jack only have one season up, but Powerpuff Girls has three.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

This is the worst news. :(

Edit: It seems some series have more than one season and some don't. Venture Bros and Samurai Jack only have one season up, but Powerpuff Girls has three.

It looks like the older shows have multiple seasons up. Dexter's Laboratory and Courage The Cowardly Dog have multiple seasons as well.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

All the seasons for Justice League, JLA, Batman Beyond, and Batman: Brave and the Bold are up, too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Surely the bigger shows will have later seasons up soon. It just makes sense for Netflix to dole them out slowly to keep raking in those subscription fees.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

No sealab, birdman, space ghost, or brak :( This is the worst best day.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It really does feel like I watched The Brak Show a million years ago.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sarchasm posted:

On the plus side, that includes the Venture Brothers pilot that's not in any of the DVD collections. (Not in any of mine, anyway.)

It's on the first season set as a bonus feature.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It really does feel like I watched The Brak Show a million years ago.

I'm watching ATHF now and the first season aired in 2000 :pwn:

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

precision posted:

Surely the bigger shows will have later seasons up soon. It just makes sense for Netflix to dole them out slowly to keep raking in those subscription fees.

I hope so, was really disappointed to see only one season of Adventure Time up there. If they put up every episode I'd subscribe for eternity just to have constant access to all these old shows. More Samurai Jack would be a huge plus, I hope they add that.

Hitch
Jul 1, 2012

maxnmona posted:

Have Amazon Prime connected to my TV now too. Other than Justified and (briefly) Fringe, is there anything particularly cool that they have that Netflix doesn't?

Is there a good place to watch the seasons of Fringe? I feel like that might be a show I would enjoy.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Fringe is getting the first four seasons up on Netflix on Monday.

Hitch
Jul 1, 2012

Awesome.

On a related note, my productivity next week just got shot to hell.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

The best part is how netflix doesn't show all of them up at all. I had to rummage through 'recently added' to find them at the bottom, and it's not even all of them. :downs:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Only the first season of Adventure Time has been released on DVD, even though the individual collections contain episodes across the first 3. Maybe when they release season 2 on disc in June they will add more episode.

I mean I own them all on itunes already but more people having access to a cool show is always a good thing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bash Ironfist posted:

The best part is how netflix doesn't show all of them up at all. I had to rummage through 'recently added' to find them at the bottom, and it's not even all of them. :downs:

Netflix has always been awful about listing their new releases. Stuff doesn't usually show up on the list of new releases for a week or so and the list keeps stuff that has been on there for months and months and months.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Only the first season of Adventure Time has been released on DVD, even though the individual collections contain episodes across the first 3. Maybe when they release season 2 on disc in June they will add more episode.

I mean I own them all on itunes already but more people having access to a cool show is always a good thing.

That irritates me. I mean most kids' cartoons probably don't have a huge DVD audience but the show's on, I think, the fifth season? What's the hold up when stuff like that happens?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

redjenova posted:

That irritates me. I mean most kids' cartoons probably don't have a huge DVD audience but the show's on, I think, the fifth season? What's the hold up when stuff like that happens?

Releasing overpriced sets of 3 episodes is more profitable if the market will buy it, which parents and grandparents who know nothing about the show (or kids with no concept of money) will do.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Finally caught up on this thread after reading from start to finish. I really would like to thank you all for someof the movies mentioned. Hundu and Mechafunk especially. I will do an effort post later and go through some of the films I've watched on Netflix over the last month, thanks to this thread I've literally added over 400 films and shows to my list. I've probably only seen 30 or 40 in the last month so I've got a lot of catching up to do you assholes.

User-Friendly posted:

Anyone in here who hasn't seen The Fall (2006) really needs to before it's taken off on April 1. It is by far one of the most cinematographically beautiful movies I've seen in a long time, and the story/acting are excellent.

This is one of my favorite films and I would highly recommend it. It is stunningly shot with minimal (supposedly none) CGI. Off the top of my head the only film with more incredible landscapes and visuals was Kurosawa's Ran. Of course The Fall doesn't even compare when it comes to the story and choreography it is still a charming film with a lot of character. I'd highly recommend it, especially if you want to see Lee Pace from Pushing Daisies playing a masked bandit.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009
Can someone compile a list of all the new Netflix stuff from CN?

So far I have:

Delocated
Regular Show
Chowder
Powder Puff Girls
Dexter's Laboratory
Courage the Cowardly Dog Show

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Watching Children's Hospital, and it's loving brilliant. So far I've seen a reference to MASH and the dude who plays Ron Swanson. This show is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tennis Ball posted:

Can someone compile a list of all the new Netflix stuff from CN?

So far I have:

Delocated
Regular Show
Chowder
Powder Puff Girls
Dexter's Laboratory
Courage the Cowardly Dog Show

Don't forget Justice League, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack and Aqua Teen.

• Locked thread