Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wasn't there a spot pass for a new Luigi's Mansion puzzle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Don't know if it matters for you, but the physical copy of Fire Emblem gets you coins in Club Nintendo.

I bought digital and I got coins. :v:

Len posted:

Wasn't there a spot pass for a new Luigi's Mansion puzzle?

Yeah, there was. It came out around the weekend the game was released, I think.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ChaosArgate posted:

I bought digital and I got coins. :v:

Yeah, there was. It came out around the weekend the game was released, I think.

Do I not get the puzzle then if I somehow didn't get the spot pass?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Len posted:

Do I not get the puzzle then if I somehow didn't get the spot pass?

It just means your Streetpass Plaza hasn't updated yet. Make sure Spotpass is on and try leaving it in sleep mode.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I got the puzzle off someone else actually. College campuses and airports are nice places for streetpassing in.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Don't know if it matters for you, but the physical copy of Fire Emblem gets you coins in Club Nintendo.

eShop purchases also count for Club Nintendo if you link your eShop account to your Club Nintendo account first. There's an option for this in the eShop's settings. If you bought games through it before linking your accounts then you're most likely screwed, though I have heard a few success stories of people asking Nintendo's customer service to manually award the coins.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Laser Spider posted:

eShop purchases also count for Club Nintendo if you link your eShop account to your Club Nintendo account first. There's an option for this in the eShop's settings. If you bought games through it before linking your accounts then you're most likely screwed, though I have heard a few success stories of people asking Nintendo's customer service to manually award the coins.

Emailing their support did work for me, for instance.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jtm33 posted:

VLR is definitely on the eShop. It might not be if you live in a more obscure region though. Try changing your shop region to a bigger country.

That's in the USA

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Welp! I'll look into contacting support then! Thanks.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

If the program compiler has no idea what textColour means it'll throw a compiler error.

Well duh, but he asked from a non technical standpoint how it could be possible. The second example was my original explanation using a system that I felt might have been familiar to someone in a Nintendo portables thread.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan got another mini Nintendo Direct today, here's a brief rundown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGC1_naae8s

-Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger footage/overview. Available on the eShop on April 10, 2000yen. Digital download cards available in-store.

-Freakyforms Deluxe footage/overview. Out on the eShop in April 10, 1200yen. Digital download cards available in-store. (Was this not out in Japan? I forget.)

-Special Mario-themed eShop cards will come bundled with a Mario-themed AR photo app and function as an AR card; available in 1000-yen (Goomba), 2000-yen (Mario) and 3000-yen (Peach) varieties. Available in stores from April 23.

-Some sort of retail download promotion; download a retail game and fill out a questionnaire between April 1 and May 6 and you will (might?) be given a 500yen eShop code.

There's another Nintendo Direct coming soon - that one will be focused on Tomodachi Collection, a first-party game that probably won't be released overseas.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's in the USA

That just means it isn't eShop only. Click into it and check if there's a price tag, or if it just says to find a retailer or whatever.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shoopuf posted:

That just means it isn't eShop only. Click into it and check if there's a price tag, or if it just says to find a retailer or whatever.

It says to find a retailer.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-Freakyforms Deluxe footage/overview. Out on the eShop in April 10, 1200yen. Digital download cards available in-store. (Was this not out in Japan? I forget.)
Geez that's MUCH cheaper than it is everywhere else. I'd probably consider if it was that price here.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It says to find a retailer.

Well, that's weird. :psyduck: I remember someone earlier in the thread saying they were having some issues because their 3DS had been set to the first country on the list. Is it possible your location isn't accurate, whether it happened at setup or later down the road?

fake edit: Oh, what? It isn't available as an eShop product for me either. Welp.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's another Nintendo Direct coming soon - that one will be focused on Tomodachi Collection, a first-party game that probably won't be released overseas.

Well, it's about time.
I'd so far managed to resist the urge to throw twenty bucks at it to get it on my dinky little NA 3DS so I could play it on my JP XL instead.
The wait was justified.

Tomodachi Collection was a multimillion seller on DS. It's like a Mii-based Animal Crossing, but with more character-to-character interaction based on personality traits, preferences, etc. It featured properly synthesized speech (possible because JP text is all phonetic), which likely would've been impossible to localize. I keep meaning to play it, but I don't have the time (it's sitting in my ever-growing pile of bought new and never played games dating back to Fire Emblem Thracia 576 on SFC).

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Since everyone is talking about Devil Survivor Overclocked, I've been wanting to play it, but I already own the DS version. I know this has probably been asked before, but is there any reason to get the 3DS version beyond it looking nicer?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quidnose posted:

Since everyone is talking about Devil Survivor Overclocked, I've been wanting to play it, but I already own the DS version. I know this has probably been asked before, but is there any reason to get the 3DS version beyond it looking nicer?

It has additional moves/demons and several of the endings have an extra 'day' of content that further expands on them. Almost universally the moves and demons are those found in Devil Survivor 2 ported back over to the original.

edit: Also voice acting but the voice acting is mediocre.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Voice acting too if you care for that sort of thing.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's the Clocktower Trial, yeah.
Seriously, this stage almost had me storm around my apartment in a fit of rage it's so awful. I actually didn't get past the Lyra section until I just turned off my volume completely and played reactively.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just finished Harmoknight. I got a silver on every "boss" encounter due to always seeming to make one little mistake (or int he case of the boat boss a million)

For some reason it seemed like the timing on the d-pad prompts was all hosed up, but that may just be me with my ham hands

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Strangely enough VLR is not called "Zero Escape" in the Europe eShop.

I am wondering if I should just not bother with the Europe release of DSO. I could always play the DS original but I guess it is too early to say whether the 3DS version will get fixed or not. I hope they do the patch option and not a recall (a recall option is fine though I guess). I don't want to have to send my copy all the way back to Europe for this.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Shoopuf posted:

Well, that's weird. :psyduck: I remember someone earlier in the thread saying they were having some issues because their 3DS had been set to the first country on the list. Is it possible your location isn't accurate, whether it happened at setup or later down the road?

fake edit: Oh, what? It isn't available as an eShop product for me either. Welp.

Are you sure it's not because you keep thinking of it from the Vita store, where it IS a digital download?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

jtm33 posted:

Strangely enough VLR is not called "Zero Escape" in the Europe eShop.

I could kinda see why they didnt. "Zero Escape Volume 2" might not sell as well since people will think they have to buy "Zero Escape Volume 1" first. Good luck, dudes!

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Are you sure it's not because you keep thinking of it from the Vita store, where it IS a digital download?

I don't have a Vita, but I may yet have heard something like that from the Vita thread. Whoopsie-daisy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gutcruncher posted:

I could kinda see why they didnt. "Zero Escape Volume 2" might not sell as well since people will think they have to buy "Zero Escape Volume 1" first. Good luck, dudes!

Especially when Europe didn't get 999 in the first place.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Especially when Europe didn't get 999 in the first place.

Yeah, thats why I was wishing those dudes good luck.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Man, the Monster Hunter demo makes me feel bad at video games. :( I managed to beat the easy mission, but only with about three minutes left on the clock. (Granted, I took ~two minutes to figure out the control scheme before moving from the base area.) I know it's the sort of game where missions aren't supposed to be beaten quickly, but that seems kind of extreme. Is that time normal for a newbie, or was I probably doing something wrong?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thanks to WonderCon I managed to finish all of the puzzle panels and they're fun to watch, really love the Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem ones.

Shoopuf posted:

Man, the Monster Hunter demo makes me feel bad at video games. :( I managed to beat the easy mission, but only with about three minutes left on the clock. (Granted, I took ~two minutes to figure out the control scheme before moving from the base area.) I know it's the sort of game where missions aren't supposed to be beaten quickly, but that seems kind of extreme. Is that time normal for a newbie, or was I probably doing something wrong?

No, the game is all about learning the enemies and knowing exactly when you can strike safely. Once you have that down you'll be beating the poo poo out of things quickly and the monsters will be struggling to even touch you.

It also helps that in the full game you can play with others and you can upgrade your equipment to suit your playstyle.

sigher fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 1, 2013

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Shoopuf posted:

It's pretty normal yeah. I hadn't played the games for a while before playing the demos, did terrible, got back into the game, now the demo is super easy (especially since they give you the highest tier of weapons/armor :ssh:).

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just finished Harmoknight. I got a silver on every "boss" encounter due to always seeming to make one little mistake (or int he case of the boat boss a million)

For some reason it seemed like the timing on the d-pad prompts was all hosed up, but that may just be me with my ham hands

Try leaving it until the last second on the D-pad prompts - I didn't start hitting them correctly until the last few bosses and it was always a case of hitting them too early.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

When it comes to the boss stages in HarmoKnight, I found that I was messing up most often by getting thrown off by the visuals instead of relying on the tempo itself.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gutcruncher posted:

Yeah, thats why I was wishing those dudes good luck.

Funny enough, Chibata in the Nintendo Direct presented the game as a sequel to 999, knowing full well that whoever was watching was aware that importing games was part of being a DS owner in Europe.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Shoopuf posted:

That seems about right for someone new to it, yeah. It doesn't help that the demo only gives you twenty or so minutes while the full game gives you fifty.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Hey, so I just bought Ridge Racer 3D at 80% off and it was totally worth it. I've been curious about it since launch and as a launch game it has a few issues with slow down and collision detection, but it's still very playable. The graphics are nice and colourful, you get a great sense of speed and the music is pretty good too.

If you're down with an arcade racer I would recommend RR3D, but only at a reduced price.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

.TakaM posted:

If you're down with an arcade racer I would recommend RR3D, but only at a reduced price.

It's certainly better than Ridge Racer Vita, aka DLC: The Game. Thanks, Scamco Bandai!

But yeah, solid fun. I wish I knew anyone nearby who owned it as I'd like to try multiplayer.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Left my 3ds on the home menu sleep mode all night and still no Luigi's Mansion puzzle. Can I street pass it off someone or am I out of luck?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah, you can streetpass it off someone. I grabbed some spotpass-delivered puzzles with my old 3DS after doing a system transfer to an XL.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Could anyone give me a rundown of ways to get eShop credits that do not involve a credit card? I'm planning on opening a SAmart thread to buy codes but I want to be exactly sure of what I want before doing something dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stink Terios posted:

Could anyone give me a rundown of ways to get eShop credits that do not involve a credit card? I'm planning on opening a SAmart thread to buy codes but I want to be exactly sure of what I want before doing something dumb.

Why cant you just go buy the cards? They work on both the 3DS and WiiU eShops, and the Wii Shop Channel (I think).

• Locked thread