Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

The car selection is even better too. Forza 4 has the best car selection of any racing game.
But...but...Horizon has the Escalade ESV AND the Mercedes G-Wagen!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I got some mspoints as a present and I realy regret using them on the season pack for horizon. :negative: Not that it was a bad game, it just has literaly 0 replay value compared to FM4.

The rally expansion was pretty good but it would have suited being in FM4 way better imho.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It has the Ferrari F12, which I have a huge boner for. But we get Forza Motorsport 5 this year, so it's all good.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

I'm actually not sure if we will see FM5 this year now, given the growing abundance of rumors regarding PGR5 being developed as a launch title for the next Xbox by Lucid Games and Rare. I can't see Microsoft having both PGR and Forza as launch titles since two first party racing games releasing alongside the console would be pretty silly when you think about it.

Who knows though? The franchise has operated on a two year release schedule since it started so history dictates that they'll have the game out this year, unless Turn 10 takes an extra year of development time to compensate for transitioning to new hardware? Or maybe they'll release it for the Xbox 360 to take advantage of the larger install base (this is rumored to be Sony's tactic with Gran Turismo 6) and Microsoft will be cool enough to make the next Xbox backwards compatible?

I'm sure we'll find out next month when Microsoft officially unveil the next Xbox.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is FM5 a launch title for the next xbox?

Because if so, I would predict it'll be pretty similar to FM4. They'll probably throw in some eye candy stuff, maybe the weather that everyone has a raging hardon for (for some dumb reason I can never understand), but given it'll be a new platform the real magic probably won't have shown up yet.

FM6 is the one that will blow our pants off.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

xzzy posted:

Is FM5 a launch title for the next xbox?

No one knows for sure, but Turn 10 said they're doing a new FM game every two years, so late 2013 would be when the next one hits. Given all the stuff Turn 10 was wanting to include (weather, day-night cycles) but couldn't due to hardware limitations and the 60 fps they shoot for, it would be doing FM5 a disservice to do another one on the 360 as it seems they've pushed the hardware pretty close to the limits already. A 720 release would be the next logical step, and the timing would put it pretty close to the 720's supposed launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like Turn-10 is a bunch of silly gooses sometimes. They have two rival events today to celebrate the 12 hours of Sebring. The thing is the events run from the moment the race starts until it ends. Well I want to watch the race, I'm not going to be focused on wanting to play Forza today. T10 should have really considered making it a week long thing.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

xzzy posted:

the weather that everyone has a raging hardon for (for some dumb reason I can never understand)

Pick up PGR4, do the Maserati 250F Nürburgring snow challenge, and tell me you didn't have fun with a straight face.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Kilonum posted:

Pick up PGR4, do the Maserati 250F Nürburgring snow challenge, and tell me you didn't have fun with a straight face.

that event was very unexpected so early in the game, but it was so much fun.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So I just picked up a 360 earlier this month with the forza/skyrim bundle. Just joined up with the AUGR group but if any other goons would like to get some racing going, hit me up. Gamertag is Wise Prey!

When you are in public lobbies, are you trolling or are you trying to race? I am Bentron, I've seen you around.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

burtonos posted:

When you are in public lobbies, are you trolling or are you trying to race? I am Bentron, I've seen you around.

I pretty much try to race, but sometimes I bump people... but it's not too often that I even brake late and take someone out anymore. The only time I come close to trolling is when people wreck me, sometimes I bump them back. Don't get to much joy out of trolling people randomly.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

Cool, you should think about plugging your mic in and talking to people. It makes for less hurt feelings, and often people are more than happy to talk about tuning cars, or boys, or how terrible that guy is.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

burtonos posted:

Cool, you should think about plugging your mic in and talking to people. It makes for less hurt feelings, and often people are more than happy to talk about tuning cars, or boys, or how terrible that guy is.

And where that guy is on the track so he can either be avoided, or so that loving him over can become a team sport.

Jizznastics
Apr 1, 2012
irritating
That's dumb. Whenever I start talking on the mic I immedialtly hate everyone in the lobby and bring out a Vandurra with penis painted all over it.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I just don't wear the headset on xbox live unless I'm playing with friends. I can't deal with the general population of that service.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Hey look! We still race and stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kEkKLDP7vY

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Haha how did the spoiler stay on?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Man, what is with pubbies and just driving straight into people? It's motorsport, people :negative:

Beastruction
Feb 16, 2005

StabMasterArson posted:

Man, what is with pubbies and just driving straight into people? It's motorsport, people :negative:

Demolition derby is motorsport!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

StabMasterArson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSUCHUEotwY
Seems close enough!

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

Ok, Bentron dropping mother fuckin knowledge: THE CONE OF DEATH

You are driving into a corner, you know there are retards behind you and they can't drive their cars, here's what you do: As you are driving into the corner imagine two lines, one where the car behind you just goes straight off and another where you think the car is going to break loose in the corner. I call the area between these two lines is the cone of death. It doesn't matter which side of the cone you are on, just so long as you are not in it. It takes a bit more patience to stay on the outside, but it's worth it to watch them dive off the track. If you are on the inside of the corner, he's just going to slide off behind you.

Now, this isn't foolproof, and you may not have the option to go where you want to in heavy traffic, but keep it in mind and it'll help get you through some of the messes on the track.

burtonos fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 24, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When driving with Bentron, it's important to always take the inside line, even if you are going too fast.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
When driving with Bentron, it's important to get out of his way before the red rage descends over his vision.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

Well why don't you girls just write a loving book?

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Does this count as an example?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUVzB6bAxFM

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I love that part of the track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr8Y1v4FWOI

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I sent a request to AUGR with the gamertag Arctic Operator. I'm really bad at this game, though, so sorry in advance if I cause you to crash a lot.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Is there any active F, E, or D class series going on lately?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
When driving with Bentron, it's important to mute Bentron.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I finally bit the bullet and bought a CSR wheel with the "XL" bundle. Anyone know how Fanatec's ship times are these days?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Where do you live?

Their US distribution center is in Beverly Hills. I usually get things 1 or 2 days after I order since I live 5 miles away, so they're fairly quick about getting things outbound if they have the products in stock. They use either UPS 3 Day Select or Ground, (possibly?) depending on weight.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Yeah, I was concerned based on previous stories of horrible delays, but I've already received a tracking number and should have it next week apparently. Whatever issues they had in the past must have been resolved.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, previous issues were mostly down to demand far outstripping supply, and delays in production of new designs that had been pre-sold months and months previously - and then needing to wait 6 weeks for boats to arrive from China etc. All of that should not be an issue at this stage.

They are a much smaller company than their presence might lead one to believe, as far as I can tell they've got about 10 employees in total.

Enjoy your new wheel! And remember you're going to feel extremely awkward with it for at least the first 3 hours - needing to coordinate 4 limbs where before you only needed a couple opposable thumbs takes some getting used to. Pick a slower car in D or E and re-learn to drive and get your head around the new input device before jumping into faster stuff or you'll just be frustrated.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I currently have a MS wheel with a homebrew cockpit, so there won't be too much relearning going on, just better FFB, 900, and clutch actually being useful rather than just cheating it with that lovely button clutch feature.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

wolrah posted:

I currently have a MS wheel with a homebrew cockpit, so there won't be too much relearning going on, just better FFB, 900, and clutch actually being useful rather than just cheating it with that lovely button clutch feature.

You'll be disappointed with the clutch. Even with the pedal its either on or off.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Pretty sure this is GTCC in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_18ojBR_0

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That was not only humorous, but also served as affirmation that I was right in not spending any money on Horizon. All of that poo poo is in that game? Really?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

That was not only humorous, but also served as affirmation that I was right in not spending any money on Horizon. All of that poo poo is in that game? Really?

You mean the super bro-heavy scenes, the douchebags, attractive woman in skimpy clothing running the whole operation, dubstep, and cheesy cutscenes? Yes.

That woman's voice will constantly harangue you on doing races.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ringo Star Get posted:

You mean the super bro-heavy scenes, the douchebags, attractive woman in skimpy clothing running the whole operation, dubstep, and cheesy cutscenes? Yes.

I'd be able to look past all of this if the game had any sort of replayability. It was a really, really fun game for about a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Ringo Star Get posted:

Yeah, its constant and very annoying. After amassing over about 10 million credits, I finally decided to spend it all to see if it would make her stop asking me to "spend some of that money I've paid you at the dealership." So now I'm broke, driving around doing who knows what, and yep, same message.

gently caress that game. It was fun for a couple weeks but like CFS said, it has no replayability. I'm just glad I got $35 back from it from Gamestop when I traded it in.

• Locked thread