Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

quote:

Miami (pron.: /maɪˈæmi/ or /maɪˈæmə/) is a city located on the Atlantic coast in southeastern Florida and the county seat of the South Florida Metroplex. The 23rd largest city proper in the United States, with a population of 2,470,599, it is the principal, central, and most populous city of the South Florida Metroplex, and the most populous metropolis in the Southeastern United States. According to the N.E.G. Census Bureau, the South Florida Metroplex is the sixth most populous and third-largest urban area in the United States and the eleventh-largest in the APTO region, with a population of around 19.5 million.

quote:

nin·ja [nin-juh]
noun, plural nin·ja, nin·jas. ( often initial capital letter )
a member of a feudal Japanese society of mercenary agents, highly trained in martial arts and stealth (ninjutsu) who were hired for covert purposes ranging from espionage to sabotage and assassination.

Friday February 10 2119, 2:58PM EST

Aspects: Isolated From Society, Meeting Space

Hakurei Industries has a lot of traditions - fireworks festivals, begging for money - but the one where they put a shrine somewhere in every major headquarters they have is pretty great. They don't spend a lot of money on the shrine so it's a little run-down, but it's pretty enough that a lot of executives like cutting their deals here.

Or hiring mercenaries!

That's probably why you're here. Hakurei has a problem - the kind you talk about in secluded shrines instead of over the phone - and you're supposed to meet here at 3PM to talk to some executive named Miyazaki about it.

Two minutes until they're late. That's more than enough time to say something cool while looking out dramatically towards the trees. The usual Miami sounds of cars and shouting in the distance only ruin the scene a little.

. . .

Sup guys! Please post your character sheets here for quick reference later. Just the stats, I can read the OOC thread for the fluff. Rolls can be done in #redhandofdoom if you have witnesses OR by rolling Fudge dice in Orokos if you don't want to IRC it up (use the campaign name Transeldritch).

It's up to you exactly why you're here! Introduce yourselves, etc.

NyarlathoTech OOC thread: Here!

Adventures So Far:

Chapter 0: Miami Ninja! The Bad Dudes
Chapter 1: Weekly Hyperborean Jump Magazine
Chapter 2: Thanks, Obama

Ettin fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana

The peaceful surroundings of the Hakurei shrine were almost enough to make Juliana forget her irritation over being in Miami in the first place.

Two months now since Dubai and she'd spent that time stuck in corporate limbo and listening to a procession of people tell her that "things were being taken care of" and of course she still had her job, don't be ridiculous, these things just take time to sort out is all. When she wasn't being asked to provide fire support for high-value protection details gone awry or getting caught up in feuds between weapons manufacturers, that is.

And then she'd been transferred to Miami.

She might have said a few things that, under different circumstances, would ordinarily have led to her employment with AEI being terminated, but they had anticipated her reaction and countered with a well-rehearsed and insufferably irrefutable series of counter-arguments, primary among them that while she had managed to root out a major security leak in AEI's Dubai Headquarters there were six other major branches of AEI around the world. In light of the Dubai Incident, Husam ibn Farouq al-Din was concerned about other similar breaches in security, and the one person he knew he could turn to whose trustworthiness was beyond reproach was her. It had been flattering to hear that, of course, and she would be lying if she said that the prospect of finding more of those bastards from Dubai to punch wasn't appealing...but it still meant accepting a transfer to Miami.

So here she was, halfway around the world in a city that resembled a neon fever dream, ostensibly reporting to the head of AEI Miami's Special Projects Division, which meant that in addition to conducting her own personal evaluation of the Miami Branch's security to make sure that they weren't about to have a repeat of Dubai on their hands she was also responsible for handling assignments like this. Another "favor" for Hakurei, who judging by how often they needed favors like this could use a security audit themselves.

Still, it wasn't all bad, she thought to herself as everyone milled about in the shrine waiting for the Hakurai representative to finally arrive. At least she knew some of the people here. "Well hello. It's Espinoza, right?," she said, extending her hand towards the dark-haired man with a smile. "We met back in Dubai. Well I'm glad to see you made it through all that in one piece, though I can't say I was expecting to see you here."

quote:

Juliana Morgan

High Concept: Six Million Dollar Woman (Adjusting for Inflation)

Trouble: I Never Asked For This

Backstory: Type A Personality

Yomikiri: Brain In a Jar

Volume Three: Absolutely, Positively Will Not Stop

OVA: A Cut-Glass Accent and a Gun Will Get You Further Than a Gun Alone

Omake Aspect: Corporate Knight-Errant

Skills:
+5 Alertness, Physique
+4 Xenodiplomatic Security Service, Guns
+3 Will, Athletics
+2 Rapport, Provoke
+1 Driving, Systems

Powers:
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Supernatural Toughness (Catch: high-voltage electricity & cyberwarfare attacks +1, common knowledge +2) [-1]
Supernatural Senses [-1] (thermal, ultrasound, and X-ray vision modes)

Stunts:
Panzerfaust: Can use Physique instead of Fists for brawling.

Stress:
Physical ()()()()()()()() +1 Mild Consequence
Mental ()()()()
Social ()()()

Gear: Handgun, Submachine Gun, Official AEI identification badge

Refresh: 1/8

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Sep 2, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Storms

Arlington raises his AR glasses and extends his hand. "Holee sheyit! Julia, right? Its been awhile since the thing. I'd ask how you've been but I'm not sure if I'd want to know or you'd want to say. But yeah, Espinoza, Storms, Arlington, "Hey, You!" Any of those work."

"Truth be told, I wasn't expecting to be back here either. I kinda got into this line of work to get out of this town." He sighs. "Its only gotten pinker and more touristy than when I left. I was kinda hoping Hurricane Hatsuko would've rolled the Ball into the Gulf, but no such luck...nice bit of kitch with the shrine here, though. I'm glad to see tacky done in someone else's culture." Storms leans on one of the posts of the wooden bridge going over the fake stream. "They mention who else was showing up? Usually I get a bit concerned when there's a freelancer call, means they don't want it to end up in someone's files..."

quote:

Arlington Espinoza-Storms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TA-QJ2d3kk

Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Mental: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Social: [ ] [ ]

High Concept: Unkillable Cannon Fodder
Trouble: Florida Man
Backstory: War Crimes are the Best Crimes!
Yomikiri: Tier II Operator:
Volume Three:Afrikanized Killer Water
OVA: I Love Brainy Women
Omake:Janitor of the Human Soul

Skills:
4: Guns, Alertness, Mercenary Attitude*
3: Craft, Resources, Will
2: Stealth, Athletics , Physique
1: Scholarship, Provoke, Drive
*Mercenary Attitude substitutes for survival, can be used as Connections so long as they are of the criminal/(para)military sort needed to do his job, and adds physical stress boxes as if it were the appropriate skill.

Stunts:
-Recon drones and SOTA HUD: When successfully rolling Alertness passively to pick up on details, gain an additional 2 shifts. This reflects the ability to pick up on more pieces of information, but it does not improve the depth of that information
-Lightning Reflexes (Alertness): Substitute Alertness for Athletics for the purposes of avoiding damage.
-Blood Money(Resources): Gains a +2 to Resources whenever using it for illicit purposes
-Hand-Eye Coordination (Guns): You may use the Guns skill instead of Weapons to throw manual projectiles
-Demolitions Training (Craftsmanship)
-Percussive Hacking:
use Craftsmanship for the hacking aspect of Systems, so long as he can access a physical part of the target.

Current Gear: Ballcap, black t-shirt, cargopants, and shitkickers. Probably a +2 handgun hidden somewhere. SUV parked a few blocks away.
Fate Points/Total Refresh: 4/4

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 17, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana

Ronwayne posted:

Arlington raises his AR glasses and extends his hand. "Holee sheyit! Julia, right? Its been awhile since the thing. I'd ask how you've been but I'm not sure if I'd want to know or you'd want to say. But yeah, Espinoza, Storms, Arlington, "Hey, You!" Any of those work."

"Juliana," she corrected without any rancor, "and I'm afraid I've been up to more of the same, but I've been well, thank you. I'll stick with Espinoza for now," she said with a chuckle. "It's good to see you though. I can finally make good on that drink I owe you."

Ronwayne posted:

"Truth be told, I wasn't expecting to be back here either. I kinda got into this line of work to get out of this town." He sighs. "Its only gotten pinker and more touristy than when I left. I was kinda hoping Hurricane Hatsuko would've rolled the Ball into the Gulf, but no such luck...nice bit of kitch with the shrine here, though. I'm glad to see tacky done in someone else's culture." Storms leans on one of the posts of the wooden bridge going over the fake stream. "They mention who else was showing up? Usually I get a bit concerned when there's a freelancer call, means they don't want it to end up in someone's files..."

"Oh, so you're from here? Well it's very..." Juliana cast around for something polite to say about Miami, then finally gave up after a moment. "Anyway no, sorry, all I was told is that I'd be working alongside several 'consultants' and that Hakurei would provide more details once I was onsite...though if they've called in the both of us I can hazard a guess as to what sort of mess they have on their hands this time," she said dryly. "Whatever arrangement AEI has with Hakurei it's all very hush-hush, apparently above my paygrade, but if it's anything like the last little crisis of theirs I had to help 'mediate' I hope you still have some of that C-12 left."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Murasaki Shiro FP: 1

Shiro didn't much like the little shrine because it reminded her of home in that cardboard movie prop way so many things did in Miami. All of it was fake. The trees weren't real, the mist on the cool breeze was just coming out of a fan someplace, even the stones in the stream were just painted plastic. The only thing that brought a smile to her face were the little robotic koi fish. There'd been some trouble after she fish-napped one, (not that anyone suspected her, but the manager was in a fury...) But duplicating and improving on the design was a simple matter. When she replaced the missing fish with two better ones a few days later all the complaints vanished. She could see them now, bright orange and white, standing apart from the other fish because they almost looked real.

The sound of people talking distracted her from the fishbot watching. Time to meet the mission team. When she realized she knew some of them, she smiled.

"Storms!" she called, waving enthusiastically as she dashed (arms held behind her in true ninja fashion) over to him and caught him up in a feet-off-the-ground-hug. "I didn't know they would be asking my good-luck charm along. It's nice to see you again." She put the man down and bowed solemnly to Juliana. "You as well, Morgan-san. I wasn't told what the mission would be, but Hakurei is Hakurei." She shrugged, as if that explained something. "I wonder what they're sending us to kill today?"

Murasaki Shiro posted:

High Concept: Ex-Shinigami Cyborg

Trouble: High Maintenance Girl

Backstory: Revenge Is A Way of Life

Yomikiri: Ueru’s Respect

Volume 3: Spell-sword Sellsword

OVA: Doku Kurawaba Sara Made (If you've eaten poison, lick the plate)

Omake: Law of Inverse Ninja Strength

Skills:
+5 Weapons, Will
+4 Lore, Robotics
+3 Stealth, Physique
+2 Investigate, Athletics
+1 Resources, Alertness, Rapport

Passion: Robotics -used instead of crafts for self repairs and for temporary advantages like pain inhibition or overriding safeties on cyborg bits. Also a love for Giant Robots. And regular sized robots. And even little bitty nano-robots.

Stress:
Physical: ()()()()
Mental: ()()()() +1 Mild Consequence

Refresh: 8-6 = 2

Stunts:
Magic Swordsman: [-1] Use Weapons instead of Spellcasting for Evocation. Magic zone attacks don't hurt you if you're in the same zone.

Powers:
Soul Relic: Ueru, the Cursed Blade [-3] (-5+2)
-Evocation [-3] (Fire, Water, Spirit, spec: Spirit Offensive)
-Inhuman Speed [-2]

Zen Direction: [-1] be where you're needed, sub will for another roll
Sora no Kokei: [–1] ninja vanish from mortals
Shinigami Taishitsu: [-0] Halted aging process

Gear:
Cursed Blade Ueru- Weapon:3, 2-handed katana.

Paper Talismans- 3 Potion slots. (Base Strength of 4.) Can store evocations.

Shield Arm- Enchanted Item, 4 shift spirit shield with 1 use. The metal under the false skin of Shiro's left arm is engraved with defensive runes, letting her focus her will to call forth a shield of spirit energy to deflect attacks.

Changelog:
+1 Investigate.
Swapped Investigate and Rapport. (+1/+2)

mistaya fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 19, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana FP: 1

mistaya posted:

"Storms!" she called, waving enthusiastically as she dashed (arms held behind her in true ninja fashion) over to him and caught him up in a feet-off-the-ground-hug. "I didn't know they would be asking my good-luck charm along. It's nice to see you again." She put the man down and bowed solemnly to Juliana. "You as well, Morgan-san. I wasn't told what the mission would be, but Hakurei is Hakurei." She shrugged, as if that explained something. "I wonder what they're sending us to kill today?"

Juliana's eyes widened as Espinoza was suddenly hefted bodily off the ground by yet another familiar face from Dubai. "Ah, yes, it's good to see you too...Shiro, was it?," she said, returning the bow gratefully, not just because she wasn't really one for a whole lot of touchy-feely stuff but because she was still getting used to her new body and didn't want to accidentally crack any of other woman's ribs should she try to hug her as well. "Well this is turning into a regular reunion, isn't it? And that settles it...if they're bringing all three of us in on this then something must have gone pear shaped."

"By the way," she added a bit awkwardly, "sorry for, ah, trying to hit you earlier. In Dubai, I mean. I was having a bit of a difficult day."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria Santore - FP: 2

Even back home in Italy, Maria never really bought into whole religious fervor everyone else did when the Xanthic Storm came along. Did she fear God? Yeah! In the sense that He's probably gonna smite her someday for throwing her lot with all this occult Faustian poo poo she's in. Safe to say though, she knows there's plenty of things out there to be more afraid of.

So these Shinto shrines probably mean something to her corporate overlords. But to her, they just serve as another means to doing business. It usually goes like this: Maria stands in front of the shrine, she throws a few coppers into the donation box (because drat all these places need it) and some tweed-suited agent literally jumps out of the bushes to talk to her. They give "Santore-san" the terms, half the money in down payment, and the contact to sign. Before she knows it, she gets shipped in a box to a distant warzone so she can blow up some Duvalle facilities.

She's uh, not exactly looking forward to another episode of that. In fact, Maria tried to sleep in for once in her goddamn time here in Miami. But Hikomaro kept sending messages and alerts to her last night and this morning and oh God, fine, yes she's gonna wake up and go there, geez, shut up stupid computer.

Maria rides into the shrine loud on her Eldrtichbike, rock music blasting on her earphones in case the Beast wants to bug her today. She spots a few figures in the distance and probably ruins the mood of the place for them. No tweed suits yet, though. Did she make it on time for once? Awesome.

"Yo, Shiro!" Maria spins to the left and slides to a stop, her bike facing the small group of contracts. "How you doing today? I didn't know this is gonna be a tea-" She looks at the others, and takes out her headphones. "Oh, wow. Florida Man and Gunslinger Girl. My two favorite superheroes."

quote:

Maria Santore

High Concept: Occult Troubleshooter on Wheels

Trouble: Maria Stole The Precious Thing

Backstory: Thirty Minutes or Less

Yomikiri: The Eldritchbike, Vessel of the Beast

Volume 3: Akuryou Taisan, Akuryou Taisan!

OVA: "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Omake: Not Paid Enough For This

Skills:
+4 Motorcycle Maniac, Lore, Guns
+3 Rapport, Will, Casting
+2 Provoke, Contacts, Investigation
+1 Alertness, Athletics, Physique

Refresh: 1/8

Stress:
Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Mental: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Social: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Powers:
Thaumaturgy (Specialization: Wards/Control) [-3]
Channeling (Youkai Extermination) [-2]
Item of Power: The Eldritchbike (Weapon: 3)
- Supernatural Speed [-4]
- One-Time Discount [+2]
Mikonstitution [-0]

Gear:
Focus Item: Corporate-Issued Masterwork Gohei (+1 complexity to Wards)
Enchanted Item: Corporate-Issued OfudaPad Sealing Talisman (4 shift to create advantage "Spirit Sign: Fantasy Seal")
Enchanted Item: Corporate-Issued OfudaPad Purifying Talisman (Weapon: 4 spirit attack)
Potions: Magic Technicolor Grenade Belt (4 potion slots)
Sawed-off Shotgun and Twin Pistols (both are Weapon: 2)

Mitama fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 24, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms

"Hnnngh!" Arlington winces as Shiro almost manages to snap a rib, but fortunately its held in place by a piece of shrapnel, that itself is braced by a titanium vertebrae. "Hey there. Didn't think I'd see you after Chicago. First thought: no prob Juliana, I think I'd be more upset if someone DIDN'T try to kill me in a place like that. Second thought: someone did their background checks before sending invites. Third thought-" *VRRRRRRRRROOOM VROooooOM* "OH GOD-DAMMIT"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

TurninTrix posted:

Maria rides into the shrine loud on her Eldrtichbike, rock music blasting on her earphones in case the Beast wants to bug her today. She spots a few figures in the distance and probably ruins the mood of the place for them. No tweed suits yet, though. Did she make it on time for once? Awesome.

"Yo, Shiro!" Maria spins to the left and slides to a stop, her bike facing the small group of contracts. "How you doing today? I didn't know this is gonna be a tea-" She looks at the others, and takes out her headphones. "Oh, wow. Florida Man and Gunslinger Girl. My two favorite superheroes."

"Excuse me?" Juliana arched an eyebrow at the nickname she'd apparently just been given as she took in the sight of the latest arrival. "Wait a second, hang on." A girl on a motorbike...was that...? "The Hakurei facility in Tokyo, about three weeks back. That was you? Sorry, I didn't exactly get a chance to introduce myself at the time, I was a little indisposed. So you two know each other then?," she asked, looking between the new arrival and Shiro.

She blinked at Espinoza's expression as he watched the girl on the bike pull up in front of them. "Wait, do you know her too? Oh Espinoza," she said with a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, "don't tell me you've been busy too."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Wonderful, he remembers her. And of course, the girl from Tokyo remembers her too. Huh. Was that really just a few weeks ago? All that globe-trotting the past weeks must have knocked Maria's sense of time somewhat. Well, whatever.

"Yeah, that was me." She says to the other blonde with a grin. "I'm Maria. I work for Hakurei and I ride a bike. Nice to meet you." After which she halfheartedly raises a finger towards Storms. "And yeah, I met this guy in a warzone some time back. Totally saved his rear end, too."

Mitama fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 20, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

TurninTrix posted:

"Yeah, that was me. I'm Maria. I work for Hakurei and I ride a bike. Nice to meet you." She says to the other blonde with a grin. After which she halfheartedly raises a finger towards Storms. "And yeah, I met this guy in a warzone some time back. Totally saved his rear end, too."

"Is that right?," Juliana said with a chuckle as she glanced over at Espinoza. "Yes, that does sound like him...the warzone part, I mean. Anyway, Juliana Morgan, Algol Extraterran Interests. Apparently I'm on loan for the duration."

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Moriyuki Ando

At the exact stroke of 3pm, and not a moment either side, a familiar looking suit steps into the shrine. He glances at his watch before looking around the room. He hastily shoves what looks like a series of notes on Hakurei's internal layout and security procedures into a side pocket of his briefcase.

"Ah, Sir! Various Madams! It is indeed good to be reunited with some of my most favoured clients. And those of you I have yet to convince, of course..."

He takes a moment to mentally draw himself a flowchart of conversation.

"Ah, so Sir and Madam are already acquainted? And Madam and Madam? And..." he trails off as he takes in the group as a whole. "Our partners at Hakurei appear to be soliciting a sizable sum of shooting and/or stabbing this afternoon. Most pleasing. I may have to procure a clearance for some additional supplies."

quote:

Moriyuki Ando

High Concept: Penny-Pinching Pencil Pusher
Trouble: Slow, Salaried Suicide

Aspects: I Am The Least Of Your Problems; The Kawaii-Industrial Complex; Banzai, Ando-san!; Lord of War; This Offer Is Unrepeatable

Stunts
Blend In (-1)

Powers
Sponsored Magic [ExoCute Bureaucromancy] (-4)
----Refinement (Extra Item Slots) (-1)
Wizard's Salaryman's Constitution (0)

Gear
Focus Item: Genuine ExoCute "Heijunka" briefcase (+1 Craft: Frequency) [1 Focus Slot]
Prototype Prototyper: [Can produce and hand out Weapon 6 guns 4 times per session] [2 Focus Slots]
Form 18F: Application to Leverage Preliminary Outliers in Invigilating the Breakdown of Silos in Creative Solutions: [Block: 5, 4 times per session] [1 Focus Slot]

Four potion slots undeclared!

Skills

+5 Lore, Bureaucracy
+4 Will, Contacts
+3 Resources, Deceit
+2 Stealth, Guns
+1 Physique, Athletics, Rapport

Stress

Physical: [ ][ ][ ]
Mental: [ ][ ][ ][ ]

Destrado fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 2, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Destrado posted:

"Ah, Sir! Various Madams! It is indeed good to be reunited with some of my most favoured clients. And those of you I have yet to convince, of course..."

He takes a moment to mentally draw himself a flowchart of conversation.

"Ah, so Sir and Madam are already acquainted? And Madam and Madam? And..." he trails off as he takes in the group as a whole. "Our partners at Hakurei appear to be soliciting a sizable sum of shooting and/or stabbing this afternoon. Most pleasing. I may have to procure a clearance for some additional supplies."

"Oh come on now," Juliana thought to herself as yet another person joined their group...just how many people had Hakurei brought on board for this assignment anyway? This one, at least, she was definitely familiar with. "Ando, it's good to see you're still in one piece too, though I can't say I was expecting to see you here. And I told you before, Juliana is fine. Honestly, we shot up half of the Tokyo Defense Show together, I think that entitles you to use my name."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria Santore- FP: 2

"Whoa!" Maria leans back and almost falls out of her bike. "It's... Weird Sales Guy!" Yeah, she didn't have much on him. Except he looked sketchy, came up in all sorts of strange places, and apparently knew everyone else here. But at least he didn't come out from the bushes? "They called in ExoCute too, huh?" She doesn't like what this implies. How many favors are they pulling for this job?

Mitama fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 19, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms FP: 4/4

Storms stares at the sarariman. "Huh. I guess you weren't a near-death hallucination. Yeah, the pieces you gave me worked fine, until I found out that there was no way to reload them due to being "samples". They stopped giving me an AR feedback form after I used them to smash someone's head in 3 or 5 times." He pauses. "But my commentary on the .577 is that it despite being semi-auto the feed mechanism might as well be bolt action. Because the bolt is my shoulder and the action is putting it back into its socket after each shot."

I WAS going to make a declaration re: exocute guns but...
!r fudge+4
<+Krysmbot> , ----+4 = 0

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 13, 2014

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Moriyuki Ando FP 3/3

"Madam Juliana is most kind. Indeed, a paragon of grace and kindness. Also of punching people." He simpers slightly. Juliana heard a lot of this around the time he was grovelling on his knees following her around after the Kirisame incident. He shakes his head to clear it after a moment and produces a small notebook.

"Sir's comments are valued beyond measure. Unfortunately the Bullet Rights Management system was an artifact of our dealings with Duvalle. Sir will not have to deal with it in future transactions...much. The shoulder issue matches the focus grouping we've been conducting with the Bōkun, though. We're considering packaging them with a line of aesthetically-pleasing cybernetic shoulders."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Murasaki Shiro FP:1

"Ah, but it was I who swung first." Shiro said to Juliana. She didn't sound sorry, merely stating a fact. "No harm was done. And now we are allies again! A fated meeting, perhaps?"

As Maria pulled up Shiro gave her a friendly nod. Ever since their first mission together it seemed like Hakurei paired them off whenever possible. That was fine with Shiro, as both her sword and Maria's bike got along exceedingly (perhaps worrisomely?) well which meant they left the two women to their work most of the time as they were too busy taunting each other to bother their handlers.

Ueru wasted no time greeting the Eldrtichbike in the most insulting way possible. It returned fire with a gleeful laugh. Shiro ignored this because the ExoCute man was walking up. Her eyes got as big as an anime girl's.

"Kyaaaa! Moriyuki-san! Anata wa, atarashî katarogu o motte imasu ka??!"
(Ahhh! Ando! Do you have the new catalog yet?!) Google translate don't fail me now!

One of Shiro's most prized possessions was the Chibi-Neko-Miao! cell phone strap(slash-garotte) that even now was proudly hanging from her old-but-servicable model. Spending money was mostly a pipe dream for the Shinigami but what she had tended to go towards the cutest, deadliest, budget items in the ExoCute catalog.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 18, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Anna Asagiri 1 FP

Anna had only arrived two minutes late. That was a personal best for Fridays, since Thursday was her recovery day. Recovery from being sober, upright and professional. Professionalism was the only thing keeping her a cut above the other two-bit private dicks, her flotsam in a sea of malt liquor. Her head would go under now and again; she fought it less and less. The urge to drown was an eight hundred pound gorilla on her chest; her left inside breast pocket to be on the nose. Right where her heart would be.

She'd need to keep her head up today; Hakurei expected better. They had to: they were small, desperate and hungry. A good place to be and a good place to work for. Their generous, no questions asked payment plan was gravy. Meant it was tax free more often than not; Anna wouldn't live long enough to take advantage of tax benefits anyway.

She checked her face in the rearview mirror: ratty, slept on hair, bloodshot eyes, bags like a tanuki. Perfect. Her mouth was a gin sugar sewer, so she gargled with uncut Everclear and spat on the sidewalk. She double checked the essentials, let her fingers linger on the handle of her golden Yagami SuperS, and got out of the car; her too warm jacket wrapped around a too cold body.

quote:

Anna Asagiri

High Concept: Magical Girl Private Eye
Trouble: Little Miss Loose Cannon
Other Aspects: SEIGI NO MIKATA~, Vice Gripped, Black Cat Strut, The Zone, Work Time Fun

Stunts:
Quick Eye
Pin Them Down

Powers:
Sponsored Magic [Dreamlands]
Supernatural Recovery {Catch: Not wearing the Black Cat's Eye}

Phys: OO
Mind: OOOO
Soc: OO
Refresh: 1
FP: 1

Inventory
Black Cat's Eye
Golden .50 Yagami SuperS
Flask
Winter Coat
Attitude

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria Santore- FP: 2

Maria parks her bike in front of the shrine and hops off. "Hey, Asagiri." She calls over to the girl at the distance. Wonder if that's everyone? Six folks sounds like a party to her. A party of explosions. Yeah, Hakurei really wants something dead today.

She doesn't want to fawn over the ExoCute guy, so probably best to get the executive's attention. Maria walks up to the shrine's donation box to offer some change. When her phone detects an AR marker, she puts on her glasses and spots the marker hovering over the box. A picture of a shrine maiden holding up a box with the caption "DONATIONS PLEASE! (Choose method of payment.)".

Cute. Okay, fine, you can have some bitcoins too. Not like they're worth much.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana: 1 FP

Juliana was distracted from the rather unexpected sight of Shiro suddenly acting like an excited fangirl at Ando's arrival by the appearance of what she assumed was yet another member of their merry little group...only this one was enough to make her do a double-take as she watched the young, very young girl make her way over to join them.

She had been a bit busy dealing with the Green Fury to notice much of what else had happened at the Hakurai Tokyo facility, and one bit of furious gunfire tended to blend into all the rest after a while, so she was completely unprepared for the sight of the incongruously hard-bitten teenager casually strolling up to the rest of them, the telltale bulge of a sizable handgun visible through the winter jacket bundled around her (which was startling enough in its own right given Miami's climate). "Oh Hakurei can't be serious. Is this someone's idea of a joke? They can't send her into harm's way, she's all of sixteen if she's a day!"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms FP 4/4

Arlington contemplates life with an exo-cute themed prosthetic and files the idea under "one working arm, one gun, and one bullet." He winces visibly when the girl shows up. "Holy poo poo, kid, last time I saw you, you were dead." He looks her condition over. "I'm not sure this is an improvement."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Wow, it's like none of you have met a magical girl before." As far as Maria's concerned, anyone who jumps in and helps blast away a mass of nasty stuff is good enough to roll with this group. "You do look pretty beat up though, Asagiri."

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

Anna gave Maria a half wave and lit up a cigarette as she walked towards the group. The sunlight burned her eyes; she left her rear end in a top hat aviators in the apartment. The two adults she didn't know looked at her like poo poo; she gave them the same look back. Wasn't hard, in her condition.

"Yeah, I'm a magical girl. Transform and everything." she gave Juliana a dirty look, exhaling so cigarette smoke poured from her mouth. "Best deal with it if you don't want to 'transform' into a cripple."

Her hard look turned into one of confusion at Storms' empathy. "Do I know you?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 4/4

"There was the period between where your heart exploded and Miz Pink got ahold of you. She subcontracted. Yeah, the dude is dead. You're welcome."

"...by the by, that is some serious dark mojo in that thing she told me to give you. That replacement heart and other organs you're trying to poison mostly came from pieces of other dudes. It...improvised"

Storms pauses.

"That probably didn't make your day any better, did it?"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

MadRhetoric posted:

"Yeah, I'm a magical girl. Transform and everything." she gave Juliana a dirty look, exhaling so cigarette smoke poured from her mouth. "Best deal with it if you don't want to 'transform' into a cripple."

Confusion and concern over the prospect of bringing a young girl into what was almost certainly going to be an active warzone gave way to surprise followed quickly by indignation as the "cripple" remark cut deep. "You cheeky bitch. I'd slap the taste out of your mouth if it wouldn't break your bloody jaw."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 4/4

"Hey, guys...ladies...women? Females? People; look, shooting each other before the meeting starts is what lovely gangers do. Miami is full of those. I PRESUME they wanted some folks who are a little more controlled. So can we save the heated tension that ultimately blossoms into a storm of collateral damage culminating in respect (causing onlookers and lovely internet people to ship both of you in their fanfic) until we're actually on mission?"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ronwayne posted:

"Hey, guys...ladies...women? Females? People; look, shooting each other before the meeting starts is what lovely gangers do. Miami is full of those. I PRESUME they wanted some folks who are a little more controlled. So can we save the heated tension that ultimately blossoms into a storm of collateral damage culminating in respect (causing onlookers and lovely internet people to ship both of you in their fanfic) until we're actually on mission?"

Juliana grudgingly relented, giving Espinoza a strange look at the mention of "shipping," whatever that was all about. "Fine then. Try and show a little concern and see what it gets you," she muttered, glancing around the wooded shrine and wondering how much longer the Hakurai representative was going to be. Magical girls...honestly.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

"Not really, no." Anna was way too sober for this poo poo, "But thanks? I owe you a drink or something." She'd always wondered why some nights it felt her insides were trying to claw their way out. She assumed it was the puking, but the Eye was a good second guess. She'd have to investigate Pinkie; if she managed to set up a tail without Anna knowing, she could have done all sorts of things.

She cracked something that could generously be caused a smile at Juliana, her hands up in mock surrender. "Hey, if the B'rrbi Doll wants to eat a Brilliant Blossom Bullet, that's on her. I won't do it here because I'm a professional."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
What was definitely more than two minutes of chatter is interrupted by a Hakurei employee walking down the stone path towards you.

Tsukiko Miyazaki

"Good afternoon! Sorry I'm late." She bows. "Tsukiko Miyazaki. It's a pleasure to meet you. Shall we begin?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria leans against the donation box, while she takes a bite out of a chocolate wafer bar. She offers Shiro one of the bars too, just in case she's hungry.

"There you are." She gives a slight wave at the executive. "Just when it was gonna get interesting."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 4/4

Head-to-toe Leer. "...yeeeaah. I'd say so."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

MadRhetoric posted:

She cracked something that could generously be caused a smile at Juliana, her hands up in mock surrender. "Hey, if the B'rrbi Doll wants to eat a Brilliant Blossom Bullet, that's on her. I won't do it here because I'm a professional."

"Yeah?," Juliana said, aiming a dirty look over her sunglasses at the supposedly magical girl. "Professional what?"

Whatever else she might have had to say got set aside for later as the Hakurai representative, looking rather young herself, finally arrived. "God, am I really the oldest one here? Well that's a bit depressing." Schooling her features, she switched the black briefcase she was carrying to her left hand and extended her right. "Miss Miyazaki. It's all right, we weren't waiting long and the scenery's more pleasant than the rest of the city, anyway. And yes, let's."

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

Anna mumbled something unkind towards Juliana as the Hakurei rep walked up.

She turned to the rep and smiled, pretty and plastic like the rest of this city. "The pleasure is ours," Anna said to her, voice an octave higher and with less of a whiskey rumble. Her look didn't match her voice, but for a moment you could almost see her as a regular magical girl.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Tsukiko Miyazaki

Miyazaki taps her augmented reality glasses and they project a storm of screens and images. Most of them feature the Yatagarasu Facility.

"We've had a problem at our Yatagarasu Facility. The short version... we've been working on a new line of powered armour, the Moon Rabbit." A very mobile-looking armoured suit appears next to the Facility. "It's due to be demonstrated tonight. You can probably guess where this is going... the suit we printed was stolen out of Yatagarasu last night. We can print off another one, but we can't let the first printing fall into the wrong hands."

"Its tracking system has been disabled. All we have are footage of the thieves and this symbol they left behind..."

"... We believe they call themselves the Shining Eye ninja clan."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 4/4

"Ninjas? Gonna get heatstroke out here wearing all that black. Can I take a look at that?" Storms does download the footage into his own goggles, which are a lot bigger and bulkier than Tsukiko's, and skims through the footage. Figures are highlighted, motion paths calculated (Enhance! ENHANCE!)

Storms squints.(Declaration:) "Yeah ah, I may have had some interaction with these folks in the past."

Awareness
!r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> , +//++4 = 6

+2 more shifts from SOTA HUD

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Aug 13, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

With her AR eyeglasses on, Maria reaches for the spiraly-eye symbol and spins it around a few times. "Haha, a ninja calling card." She grins. "That's awesome."

Oh right. "I'm uh, sorry for your loss." She forces out. Just because Hakurei technically can't fire her doesn't mean she can always slack off. "We'll look into this right away. Right now, actually." She swipes around a few AR prompts to access the security footage along with Storms. Maybe there's something else they left behind other than a logo. Sure, ninjas don't accidentally leave clues, but these guys come from Miami.

Rolling Investigation: ++++ +2 = 6 Hooray.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

As the Hakurai representative called up a collage of AR images and readouts, Juliana grabbed hold of the signal with a quick mental prompt and patched it through her own internal heads-up display for a closer look. Unlike the others, her sunglasses were merely that...one of the perks of having a top of the line robotic body was never having to worry about losing your AR glasses.

Her brow furrowed and she opened her mouth to say something as the representative brought up ninjas...first "magical girls" and now ninjas, this was all starting to sound fairly ridiculous...but she closed it as she remembered how her own little adventure in Dubai had involved a mysterious white-haired swordswoman appearing out of nowhere and people transforming into monsters, so she supposed "ridiculous" was relative.

"Right then, these 'ninjas,' do you have any idea how they broke into your facility?," she asked, mentally flipping through the footage for anything relevant. "I'd like access to the security logs when we visit the facility if you don't mind. Any information Hakurei has on this group would be helpful as well...known associates, means and motives, that sort of thing. And also any relevant technical specifications of the power suit in question...assuming these people have it and know how to use it, I'd like to know how to stop it."

Rolling Xenodiplomatic Security Service to help secure Hakurei's full cooperation for this investigation without any disingenuity or "sorry that's classified" shenanigans.

Rolling +//+ +4 = 6

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

Moriyuki Ando

Ando ignores the arriving representative for a few moments as he passes Shiro a selection of pamphlets for this season's ExoCute releases.

"Shirō-sama, watashi wa anata ga hitsuyō to suru subete no katarogu desu." (Madam Shiro, I am all the catalog you require...)oh god we're going to be doing this a lot, aren't we

He points to a few items of interest. He has priorities, you see. Once he's done with his pitch he turns to the Hakurei representative.

"What did the demonstration involve? Have our esteemed friends at Hakurei made any particular advances with this armour that would make its re-acquisition... difficult?" A pen and pad appear in his hands instantaneously, poised to take down any juicy corporate secrets.

"The most pressing question is if they intend to make use of it, or trade it for its inherent fiscal and intelligence value. If its the latter, I can make some discreet enquiries with traders that I certainly have no involvement with. If the former..." he looks around the talents on display, "... I expect you're anticipating the assembled just blowing it up?"

Destrado fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 19, 2013

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
First, some background and common info!

quote:

The Shining Eye clan are an ancient ninja cult which revere the Chinese dragons Shenlong and Fucanglong. They were finally forced out of Japan in the 2080s and fled across the sea to Miami, where they have been recruiting a new generation of Americans and Cubans since. They are led by a reclusive figure known only as Snake Eyes. The precise location of their dojo-temple is unknown but believed to be in the Everglades.

Ronwayne posted:

Awareness
<Ranbar_> !r fudge+4
<Krysmbot> Ranbar_, +//++4 = 6

+2 more shifts from SOTA HUD

TurninTrix posted:

Rolling Investigation: ++++ +2 = 6 Hooray.

Storms has fought the Shining Eye before! He knows that most of the ninja he sees are low-ranking, because they only wear black, but he spots a higher-ranking one who supervises them as they break into the powered armour's room and hijack it - he can tell, because a) he gets a straw hat and a bit of colour in his ninja garb and b) he has an amazing moustache. Seriously, it is fantastic. It is the kind of moustache you'd vote for President. No way is this dude not the leader.

Storms locates the leader and assesses his most identifiable aspect: Fantastic Moustache.

Meanwhile, Maria focuses on the operation itself. The tag was painted on a wall - not bad for a quick job. They totally left their calling card on purpose to taunt Hakurei. What starts to bug her about it is the way it's done - the ninja doing the tagging are confident and pumped, and given how easily they just walked into Yatagarasu it seems almost too easy. The local AI doesn't seem to notice, they pass less guards than they should have... Digging deeper reveals it was down to some "technical faults" that the ninja were clearly expecting.

Also one of them dropped his keys because that always happens.

Maria works out how they got in - Technician On The Inside. She also spots Keys.

Kai Tave posted:

Rolling Xenodiplomatic Security Service to help secure Hakurei's full cooperation for this investigation without any disingenuity or "sorry that's classified" shenanigans.

Rolling +//+ +4 = 6

Tsukiko Miyazaki

"Yes, you may have those. I'm afraid we don't know why they attacked, but they certainly wanted us to know..."

Miyazaki blinks at certain points on her glasses to call up the Moon Rabbit's technical specs.

"Most of the hardware is existing public tech. We've just found a way to fit it all into one suit without going bankrupt." Tsukiko smiles. "An impossible request, I know. It's designed to operate in difficult extraterrestrial terrain. I won't bore you with the details, but you can study the specs if you wish."

Miyazaki reveals the powered armour's systems! Someone inside the Moon Rabbit gains the aspect I Can Breathe In Space and the following stunts:

Five-Colored Shots: The Moon Rabbit sports charge cannons which can launch pulses of destructive energy at multiple targets in the same zone.
Rabbit Movement: The Moon Rabbit has an effective Athletics of Great (+4).
Jump Pods: Except for absolute barriers like solid walls, the Moon Rabbit ignores all situation aspects that impede movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"Thank you," Juliana said with a nod as the representative sent the specs over. Difficult extraterrestrial terrain? Now that was interesting. Was that why AEI and Hakurei seemed so chummy lately? Though what could Algol want with militarized, space-capable power suits? Relations with the Migou weren't exactly warm, per se, but the company tended to have more of a rapport with them than the NEG did, and regardless things definitely weren't strained enough to warrant arming up like this. As far as she knew, anyway. "'Curiouser and curiouser' as the story goes. And speaking of rabbits..."

She looked over the rest of the design specifications as they came up...she was no engineer, but during her time both at MI5 and AEI she'd picked up enough about common military- and security-grade power suits (particularly the sorts likely to be employed by terrorists like the Green Fury) to give her an idea of the prototype's overall capabilities. She had to hand it to Hakurei, it was a fairly impressive bit of design if she was understanding these specs right.

"Here, take a look at this," she said to Espinoza, copying the readouts over to his display with a flick of her head. "Fully space capable, which means it'll have environmental seals and its own air supply. And check out the maneuverability readouts...this thing's fast and those jump pods are no slouch either. It's going to be a nightmare trying to keep up with it in any sort of urban terrain."

• Locked thread