Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Sky Shadowing posted:

The fact they threw explosives out of the car during the chase, for one thing.

TubeStank posted:

Other than the gunfights? Unless I'm mistaken the FBI also has footage of them dropping the backpacks.

I don't think y'all got the meaning of my question. Evidence that they had a particular political motive or message, making the act terroristic, rather than a Holmes or Columbine style act of weird masculine destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008

Sky Shadowing posted:

The fact they threw explosives out of the car during the chase, for one thing.

And how they ALLEGEDLY dropped bombs in a crowd of civilians. Committing a crime without a motive for revenge or personal gain, but instead to cause chaos...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

mcsquared posted:

Is there a single piece of evidence yet that these two were terrorists? Because I see it thrown around a bunch and I haven't seen anything to indicate their motive or message.
They actually admitted they did it to the driver that they carjacked during the police chase.

The FBI also recently admitted that there was an investigation into the older brother and his ties to extremist groups years ago.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 20, 2013

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

I am so proud of BPD for not shooting him to death. We get to finally have a trial for one of these assholes.

Have you completely forgotten about the D.C. snipers?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

OatmealRaisin posted:

Fanart of the Boston Marathon bomber manhunt. The Internet, ladies and gentlemen.

Its not really that unbelievable since the false flag stuff is literally fanfic

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Uh, I think the lot of you guys are misunderstanding the difference between terrorism and mass murder.

e: beaten to the punch by mcsquared

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

LongDarkNight posted:

Let us cheer the neutrality of justice.

I am neither excited nor not excited. This may or may not be a great thing. :geno:

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

When you spend the better part of 24 hours chasing down people who are armed and more than ready to use those arms against anyone, you're goddamn right you deserve a fuckin parade. At the very least.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Super Deuce posted:

That has to do with the criminal. Fanfare for justice is a bad thing.

The people outside my window right now are cheering "BPD" not "hang him high" and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and I say that as a victim.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mcsquared posted:

I don't think y'all got the meaning of my question. Evidence that they had a particular political motive or message, making the act terroristic, rather than a Holmes or Columbine style act of weird masculine destruction.

That is not required for the classification of terrorism. Obama even mentioned it in his latest update.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Sort of like the humane way he treated his victims, right?

Yes let's treat criminals according to the way they treated their victims.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Misogynist posted:

Uh, I think the lot of you guys are misunderstanding the difference between terrorism and mass murder.

Ah yes, this is always interesting to read. Not.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011

cletepurcel posted:

What not guilty defense could he possibly make? Insanity type stuff doesn't fly anymore right?

Something with the older brother's influence forcing him to act. It doesn't have wings and it certainly won't fly.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
The little tidbit about the Dunkin Donuts being the most secure place makes me imagine some guy just sitting there for two days, watching the mayhem unfold with donuts and coffee.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

BondGamer posted:

Just made a quick map to put everything in perspective:

Red Line - The main search zone, by 5AM there were a dozen officers for every hundred yards of streets.
Blue Dot - The shootout from 1:30AM, where the first suspect was killed
Green Dot - The boat where the second suspect was found
Orange Dot - Command center where you saw the press conferences from
Purple Dot - 4 robots 1 man
Brown Circles - Dunkin Donuts, the most secure locations in the entire area

*Updated*

I am colorblind.

This is great, thank you. I know where to get doughnuts next time I am in Boston.

Kidding. Its a great map to better understand where all this went down.

And lots of former wrestling teammates/former neighbors are surprised.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Accordion Man posted:

They actually admitted they did it to the driver that they carjacked during the police chase.

This guys will testify and say some very interesting things, i bet.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Super Deuce posted:

That has to do with the criminal. Fanfare for justice is a bad thing.

Living in the affected area, and watching people go in and carry out justice, while one of their own is barely even cold and dead is something to appreciate.

I call it appreciation of a job well done in a dangerous environment. Justice, sure, on top of that.

Are you just obtuse or a oval office?

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Misogynist posted:

Extremist Muslim's blowing poo poo up and killing people on American soil is basically the definition of terrorism for most Americans.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mcsquared posted:

It doesn't have to be politically motivated for it to be terrorism.

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008
So how long before this is all part of a Jewish/Israeli (same thing, amiright?) conspiracy? I'm sure some people that believe in Reptilians are already talking about it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ravel posted:

Yes let's treat criminals according to the way they treated their victims.

I don't think we should do that, actually.

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010

T. Finninho posted:

Video and still footage of them bombing the marathon, yes

Terrorism is, by definition, politically motivated or for the purpose of furthering a political goal. They check all the other "terrorism" boxes: non-state actors, targeting civilians, violent/intimidating - but we do not yet have proof that they weren't just psychopaths with bombs.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
Just wanted to say thanks for that mods for banning that one guy constantly making GBS threads up the thread.

Bro Enlai posted:

Is something like this what you're looking for?

So I missed the part of the day that involved an old dude and some EOD robots. Can someone give me some context?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Isn't the definition of terrorism that it basically causes terror on a wide scale??

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

mcsquared posted:

"Anytime bombs are used to kill civilians, it is terrorism" -Barack Obama

It's paraphrased, but that's basically what he said like 2-3 days ago.

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

raditts posted:

I always thought it was. How else could we define it?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Breaky posted:

Living in the affected area, and watching people go in and carry out justice, while one of their own is barely even cold and dead is something to appreciate.

I call it appreciation of a job well done in a dangerous environment. Justice, sure, on top of that.

Are you just obtuse or a oval office?

Being obtuse is thinking that cheering for a criminal being apprehended or killed is a good thing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

got dat wmd posted:

The people outside my window right now are cheering "BPD" not "hang him high" and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and I say that as a victim.

Super Deuce posted:

Being obtuse is thinking that cheering for a criminal being apprehended or killed is a good thing.

gently caress you.

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN

OMG BYZANTIUM posted:

So how long before this is all part of a Jewish/Israeli (same thing, amiright?) conspiracy? I'm sure some people that believe in Reptilians are already talking about it.

Can we stop doing the whole "omg what will Alex Jones and company" think of this event?

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

BondGamer posted:

Just made a quick map to put everything in perspective:

Red Line - The main search zone, by 5AM there were a dozen officers for every hundred yards of streets.
Blue Dot - The shootout from 1:30AM, where the first suspect was killed
Green Dot - The boat where the second suspect was found
Orange Dot - Command center where you saw the press conferences from
Purple Dot - 4 robots 1 man
Brown Circles - Dunkin Donuts, the most secure locations in the entire area

*Updated*

I am colorblind.

Do you know where he ditched the stolen car after ramming the police barricade? Just wondering how far he made it on foot.

krazysigmarite
Jun 18, 2011

Grimdark.
Are posters really criticizing people in MA for partying and cheering for the police? Jesus christ if you live anywhere near the GBA we've been on lockdown since 1 AM last night, it's been loving scary and nerve-wracking. Surely this isn't horrible?

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

This

BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking 10m

At least 100 people dead or injured after earthquake in #China's Sichuan province, state media report

Did they ever report on the casualties for the Iranian Earthquake?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What are the blurs in the older brothers death picture covering?

I am considering this terrorism, I think there will be some evidence that they were trained and connected to something more advanced than just these two.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

raditts posted:

Tshirt Ninja posted:

Terrorism is, by definition, politically motivated or for the purpose of furthering a political goal. They check all the other "terrorism" boxes: non-state actors, targeting civilians, violent/intimidating - but we do not yet have proof that they weren't just psychopaths with bombs.

Which is it???

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012

PROUD SHIT STAIN

Super Deuce posted:

So oval office then?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Wildlife Analysis posted:

While I would like to see him spend a loooong time in prison, I wish it was in a more humane setting.

Ultimately, I like what was done with Breivik. He's not mistreated, he's not being tortured, he's just going to be justly and humanely imprisoned for the better part (at least) of his life for the crimes he committed. I don't want people to be killed or tortured even for the worst crimes, since then we can't maintain that we are, as a society, superior to those being punished. We are better than that. We mustn't lower ourselves to the level of unthinking animals who cry for blood and torture.

I hope the suspect is treated with human dignity, so he can spend a long time with his own tortured thoughts, thinking of what he did, and realizing that the good people of the world can look at his actions, and punish him as he ought to be, without mistreating or abusing him. I would like him to serve his (severe) sentence, always knowing that he, himself, is the architect of every bad thing that happens to him, without anyone else to blame for inhuman treatment or torture. Sure, it may not satisfy the bloodlust, but I think it's a much healthier thing to aim for as a society.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Tshirt Ninja posted:

Terrorism is, by definition, politically motivated or for the purpose of furthering a political goal.

This is literally just an opinion not a fact.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

NewtGoongrich posted:

So oval office then?

Or wise. Either one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mcsquared posted:

I always thought it was. How else could we define it?

Start here: http://web.mit.edu/ssp/seminars/wed_archives08spring/richardson.htm

• Locked thread