Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Yeah, I ended up with 2 spare AKs. Since they are giving out the top tier weapon, I wonder if new guns are in the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
I got two AKs and two bonebreakers :v:

Guess I can trade the AK at some point if the market isn't ruined by this bug.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I was playing today in games where literally everyone had an AK. Kinda funny, but counterproductive, considering PWE seems to be desperate to make money on BLR now.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Lima posted:

The camos are 30 days, the rest are permanent.

I'm so confused why they would perm everything except the camo.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm so confused why they would perm everything except the camo.

I imagine it's the PS2 school of thought where people will willingly pay for cosmetics without complaining but not equipment. Yes it's still incredibly silly, but maybe it actually has a higher conversion/turnover.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

oh

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I imagine it's the PS2 school of thought where people will willingly pay for cosmetics without complaining but not equipment. Yes it's still incredibly silly, but maybe it actually has a higher conversion/turnover.

But you can't buy this camo, at least I don't think you can buy it.

Edit: Yes you can apparently.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 25, 2013

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

I still feel like a sucker for buying the pink camo when what I wanted was apparently the pink Hardsuit Pilot. I didn't know that it applied to regular non-hardsuit armor.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

You can buy the weapon camo. You can't buy the body camo.

Not that it matters because it's pretty underwhelming:

For comparison:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I like that the Winged Skull tag is the one you get for the mid-tier reward because that's exactly the tag my last levelup chance pack spat out. Is the machine pistol a decent secondary?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

You can buy the weapon camo. You can't buy the body camo.

Not that it matters because it's pretty underwhelming:

[pic]

For comparison:

[pic]

WOW! I wouldn't call that metallic. It’s more of a mustard vomit color than metallic. What's the gun version look like side by side to the veteran?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Reiley posted:

I like that the Winged Skull tag is the one you get for the mid-tier reward because that's exactly the tag my last levelup chance pack spat out. Is the machine pistol a decent secondary?

Depends on who you ask. I hate the thing and think it's trash but a lot of people love it. I think the recoil patch made it a lot less viable than the shotgun and revolver. You own it now, though, so give it a go and see what you think.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

It's been suspended until they can fix this bug giving everyone 2 AKs.

edit:

Hmm can't seem to long into the European servers :(

Never mind, got in after 5 minutes trying.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 25, 2013

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Reiley posted:

I think the machine pistol is great for a backup on combat rifle or BAR if you don't like using a shotgun. The extended mag is a must if you are going to use it though.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Elite pack is working again.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Morshu posted:

I got two AKs and two bonebreakers :v:

Guess I can trade the AK at some point if the market isn't ruined by this bug.

Where exactly does all the trading happen?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Geekslinger posted:

I think the machine pistol is great for a backup on combat rifle or BAR if you don't like using a shotgun. The extended mag is a must if you are going to use it though.

Yeah, and just remember to be holding hands with the person you want to kill.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

So just to make sure I have this right, a heavy primary weapon won't slow me down when I'm using a secondary, right? And vice versa? And melee weapons (that aren't the katana) use my base armor speed stat?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

pandaK posted:

Where exactly does all the trading happen?

Through the official forum mostly. There's a topic with trades, and another with trusted traders and known scammers.

Skyscraper posted:

So just to make sure I have this right, a heavy primary weapon won't slow me down when I'm using a secondary, right? And vice versa? And melee weapons (that aren't the katana) use my base armor speed stat?

Yep, yep and I think so yep :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Well, I'm glad I decided to reinstall and log on today. There was only 1 day left before my Veteran pack would've expired :v:

I also got 3 AKs and 2 Bonebreakers.

*Edit* Ahahaha, nope, I got 6 Bonebreakers!

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 25, 2013

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Lima posted:

Yep, yep and I think so yep :v:

Cool, thanks. I permed a burstfire pistol because I didn't want to be slowed down, and boy, do I feel dumb.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SwitchbladeKult posted:

WOW! I wouldn't call that metallic. It’s more of a mustard vomit color than metallic. What's the gun version look like side by side to the veteran?

Metallic Gold (Raptr Pack)

Veteran Gold

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Skyscraper posted:

Cool, thanks. I permed a burstfire pistol because I didn't want to be slowed down, and boy, do I feel dumb.

It's not a bad gun. It does the same damage as the revolver per burst and can be spammed without losing accuracy. It greatly outranges the MP, but is in turn outranged by the revolver.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

So apparently you MUST run the dumbass desktop program? gently caress you too Raptr I use steam.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Azzanadra posted:

So apparently you MUST run the dumbass desktop program? gently caress you too Raptr I use steam.

It is a promotion run by raptr...

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Lima posted:

It's not a bad gun. It does the same damage as the revolver per burst and can be spammed without losing accuracy. It greatly outranges the MP, but is in turn outranged by the revolver.

It's isn't a bad gun exactly, but I much prefer the MP or shotgun (or the snub, when I can kill someone who has one). I just chose the BFP because it has similar speed stats to the light pistol. Now I have a free MP, and I don't have to use the BFP again.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Azzanadra posted:

Run it once, then uninstall it.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Yeah, I did that, but it just feels so gross. I can see using it for those who can't figure out how to track hours through the interwebs, but pimping it out just rubs me the wrong way.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Skyscraper posted:

It's isn't a bad gun exactly, but I much prefer the MP or shotgun (or the snub, when I can kill someone who has one). I just chose the BFP because it has similar speed stats to the light pistol. Now I have a free MP, and I don't have to use the BFP again.

You might be able to get it refunded if you bought it recently, then.
Try your luck here: https://support.perfectworld.com/

Claiming stupidity worked for me previously :shobon:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Lima posted:

You might be able to get it refunded if you bought it recently, then.
Try your luck here: https://support.perfectworld.com/

Claiming stupidity worked for me previously :shobon:

Sadly, I've been using it for a couple weeks now. I only figured out the whole speed thing from reading some of the comments in this thread. It might be good to put that kind of information in the OP.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Skyscraper posted:

I'd LOVE to use a snub with a precision mag for that sweet 50 range, and I've tried it many times, but the lack of a scope mount kills it for me :(

Skyscraper posted:

Sadly, I've been using it for a couple weeks now. I only figured out the whole speed thing from reading some of the comments in this thread. It might be good to put that kind of information in the OP.
I made the same mistake too in the beginning so it used to be there, but when they fixed the UI so that each weapon lists the actual speed it gives you (eg 8.32), rather than a modifier (eg -0.14), I figured it wouldn't be a matter of confusion anymore.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 26, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Hmmm... I spammed the redeem page until it accepted my codes but didn't log in to see what I got. Now I'm curious whether or not I got multiples too.

I got one or two extras...

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

I am loving the poo poo out of the shotgun.

While I'm here, why are there so many Pure HeloDeck servers, or rather why do people gravitate to these servers? The map is awful.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I......I haven't got any parts for the Shotgun because I'm a low level newbie. I've actually gone back to the Metal Storm one. :negative:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mega Comrade posted:

I am loving the poo poo out of the shotgun.

While I'm here, why are there so many Pure HeloDeck servers, or rather why do people gravitate to these servers? The map is awful.

It's tiny so you can toss a grenade anywhere and get kills.

It's such an awful clusterfuck with more than 8 people.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

The problem is that there are some items above level 30 that either:

a) no single player needs to have to be competitive, but a team should really have access to (Firewall pack, possibly HRV Cloak)
Or, say, a Revive Pack, which can really help a lot in KOTH, and is a huge advantage in the one-life modes (S+D and LTS).

quote:

I like the variety and I think if those are problems it's better to just ban/restrict a few items than to kill the whole customisation, but where do you draw the line?
I think I agree with Kult that the real problem items are the depot stuff, and that if it were restricted to health/normal-ammo refills that would probably handle most of the gear-related problems.

NihilCredo posted:

The [raptr promo] shotgun is actually the receiver, not the Metal Storm premade. (It's good because you can put the damage barrel on it now.)
But I could have just *bought* the shotgun. I wanted the Metal Storm because I'm turning into a hoarder with this game. :(

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

There's an elegant fix for depot items spam: set the CP gain mutator to 25% (and optionally the starting CP to something like 200).

I tried it a couple of times and it's great: you can't just camp a depot (node) constantly throwing explosives at anything that comes close then immediately refilling / healing, and you need to earn that airstrike or Swarm rocket. And the hardsuit is even harder to get, but on the plus side the enemy team won't have endless Stinger rockets with which to come at you, so you're potentially a lot more dangerous.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Had a couple good games with some goons tonight, though sadly no one in the server was raging. I'm DoctorFiesta in game. Despite my best efforts I did not manage to tag SwitchbladeKult with a Breech-loaded grenade. Next time, perhaps! I will speak to his effectiveness with the M4X, though, dude makes it work for 'im.

Want to hurry up and get to forty so I can get some parts for the Snub-Nosed revolver. It's not particularly effective, no, but it lets me pretend I'm a cowboy and you just can't put a price tag on that.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

CapitanGarlic posted:

Had a couple good games with some goons tonight, though sadly no one in the server was raging. I'm DoctorFiesta in game. Despite my best efforts I did not manage to tag SwitchbladeKult with a Breech-loaded grenade. Next time, perhaps! I will speak to his effectiveness with the M4X, though, dude makes it work for 'im.

Want to hurry up and get to forty so I can get some parts for the Snub-Nosed revolver. It's not particularly effective, no, but it lets me pretend I'm a cowboy and you just can't put a price tag on that.

So YOU were the guy with the Snub 260. I was hoping I could shoot you in the face when you had it out and take it for a spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

The Jumpoff posted:

So YOU were the guy with the Snub 260. I was hoping I could shoot you in the face when you had it out and take it for a spin.

It's a weird gun. I haven't had much success ADS-ing with it because it seems to lower the fire rate (or maybe I have a tumor and I'm making that up, but it certainly handles differently) - so aiming I only do to get one, maybe two shots off on someone at medium range. Generally I prefer to hip fire it at close range, where it behaves somewhere between the regular Revolver and the Shotgun. It's got a fast enough fire rate that if you're hugging the other guy you can just unload, but if you pace your shots it's not too awful hard to land a few headshots in a row.

Besides, "[player] shot [player2] dead +Snub260" Is probably my favorite kill notification to date.

• Locked thread