Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
G-rank giggis drop Broth 20% of the time and Essences 30% of the time, compared to HR giggis that drop Fluid 15% of the time and Broth only 10% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wasn't aware of that part. Though when I asked in IRC the way to determine your range was the size of the impact graphics--big means on target, medium means close, and small means way out to lunch with respect to range. I was getting big and medium-sized ones the vast majority of the time.

Worggi S has Normal Up, by the way. Didn't make a difference if I drained all my Normal 3s and 2s first though.

On another note entirely, I just went after Agnaktor HR, and unlocked the Agnaktor S helm, arms, and waist... but not the legs and chest. :psyduck: How does that work?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, the size of the impact is a decent way to judge your range, but that can be kind of subjective at times.

edit: So I looked up Lagiacrus' shot type resistances, and it looks like it's pretty resistant to shot type in a lot of places. Its face and chest take a fair amount of raw damage (not great damage, but good/decent damage), and everywhere else is pretty resistant. He also seems fairly resistant to elemental damage, so I guess it's not the best monster to gun unless you're always hitting the head/chest. On the other hand, Ivory Lagiacrus seems to be a good target for gunning since its entire body, save for the head and front legs, seems to take a good amount of shot damage.

I'm guessing it's because you happened to be missing some particular part. Each armor piece shows up when you collect the "key" materials to make the armor piece, so you might be missing something like a fin, pleura, claw, etc. It might also be a material that isn't from the monster itself, like a Uroktor scale, or some bug/ore/plant/etc.

Nahxela fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 29, 2013

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Play Gunlance, block every attack, shell at every opening. Lagi won't know what hit him. The imperial swornlance line is pretty cheap and decent, only needing ores, and the shield can block everything Lagi throws at you with minimal to no shave damage

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So long story short, I picked a really loving lousy monster to try to make my first attempt at gunning on. Typical :sigh:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I'm closing in on my GS set and need new things to go for. Question time...

Hammers: Svarog Starsmasher, Archambra Resurgence or something else?

HBG: I have no idea what to go for here. I've been through the gamefaqs list but it seems like a Pick Two choice with loaded shots, damage and deviation. Am I missing a good all-around damage gun?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Ciapas do you have access to online? Bows and bowguns sort of traded their solo viability for being excellent in multiplayer. Even with resistance to shots, a good paralyze or sleep can start fights off right.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
New gamer to the Monster Hunter series - been playing MH3U on my 3DS for about a week.

I've put about 10 hours into the game so far, having crafted the Jaggi armor and using a War Hammer which I'm enjoying...but I'm having some difficulty trying to figure out "what to do next" in the early game.

Right now, I'm stuck on the "Accident Investigation" village quest to hunt a Gobul. I enjoyed the Jaggi and Peco fights, but I feel like I've hit a wall in this game.

I guess I'm looking for tips from other players. Looking at this game, it seems like I'll be limited to solo play for the foreseeable future. Can anyone give me a general idea of how they progressed from the early game to where they are now? Breaking off G. Jaggi frills with impact damage is pretty gratifying, but what did the rest of you guys do to keep things fresh when you hit a wall in the game?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

TalonDemonKing posted:

Ciapas do you have access to online? Bows and bowguns sort of traded their solo viability for being excellent in multiplayer. Even with resistance to shots, a good paralyze or sleep can start fights off right.

I do, I'm just trying to find the weapon type(s) that suits me best. Looks like it's hammer, now that I've tried them all, but it feels so dang one dimensional. (I know, I know, 'bring the weapon suited to the monster'. I don't like that policy because I'm too stupid to figure that out.)

Then again, I guess ALL the weapons are pretty one dimensional at the end of the day, except maybe Gunlance. :shrug:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dammit, grinding the parts for the frigging Agnaktor armor is gonna drive me nuts. Half an hour of shredding and capping G. Wroggis and not a single claw. :argh:

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Right now, I'm stuck on the "Accident Investigation" village quest to hunt a Gobul. I enjoyed the Jaggi and Peco fights, but I feel like I've hit a wall in this game.

Order a Circle Pad Pro. Trust me, they make underwater combat a lot less aggravating.

Unfortunately, Gobul is one of those "bucket of hit point" monsters. Bring a thunder weapon if you have one, he's weak to that. You can also fish him out of the water with a frog.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mailer posted:

Archambra Resurgence is the go-to, Svarog Starsmasher's also very good if you (understandably) don't want to farm Duramboros and has arguably the sweetest name in the game. Other than that, Nero's Chaos is OK if you've got Sharpness+1 and Grongigas isn't bad if you can deal with the negative affinity.

e2: Skimming the list again, looks like Sharpness+1 is basically mandatory to get purple on any of these. Archambra probably wins just for having the most purple.

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 29, 2013

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

The frog -> beat down -> pit fall -> beat down will give you a great advantage in the opening plays against goboul. You can drop down bombs during the pitfall trap and pretty much nope his lantern clean off. Hammers are great since his face is so wide, so you can get a stun in after the opening plays.

Monster hunter isn't an RPG where your character levels up, but where you as a player levels up. Just keep at it, and when it clicks, it'll be smooth sailing till your next wall.

Also try other weapons, a lance is pretty good against golboul since you can attack upwards and smash the lantern, as well as being pretty strong at under water combat.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Ciaphas posted:

I do, I'm just trying to find the weapon type(s) that suits me best. Looks like it's hammer, now that I've tried them all, but it feels so dang one dimensional. (I know, I know, 'bring the weapon suited to the monster'. I don't like that policy because I'm too stupid to figure that out.)

Then again, I guess ALL the weapons are pretty one dimensional at the end of the day, except maybe Gunlance. :shrug:
As TalonDemonKing mentioned, bowguns really shine when it comes to multiplayer. No other weapon compares to bowguns in how effective they are in dealing status damage. You can hit a monster with your paralysis melee weapon or fire arrows with status coating for several minutes, or you can land half a dozen para shots in a short period of time with a bowgun. The B. Giggi LBG is particulaly good at applying paralysis, too. If I recall correctly, it rapid fires para shots. Getting off several applications of paralysis is an absolute boon for a full team of hunters. And when you've applied a paralysis or are out of shots, you can still continue to provide good damage through your damaging shots or other support shots, like Exhaust/Crag for KOs, Slime for easy flinches, Poison for free damage, or Sleep for a period of recuperation and some sleep bombing/GS Level 3 charging, etc.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

New gamer to the Monster Hunter series - been playing MH3U on my 3DS for about a week.

I've put about 10 hours into the game so far, having crafted the Jaggi armor and using a War Hammer which I'm enjoying...but I'm having some difficulty trying to figure out "what to do next" in the early game.

I guess I'm looking for tips from other players. Looking at this game, it seems like I'll be limited to solo play for the foreseeable future. Can anyone give me a general idea of how they progressed from the early game to where they are now? Breaking off G. Jaggi frills with impact damage is pretty gratifying, but what did the rest of you guys do to keep things fresh when you hit a wall in the game?
TalonDemonKing offered some good insight on how progression in the game works. It's mostly on you, as a player, recognizing more about fights, like what the monster can do, what openings they leave, what attacks you should avoid, etc. As a result, it's necessary that you approach the fight and learn about the fight itself, as well as get some tips you might not normally know. For instance, if you gather a frog (i.e. from the bush in Area 2, right before the exit to Area 4), you can use that to fish out Gobul in Area 4 if it hasn't noticed you yet. I'd say keep trying to fight Gobul and try to learn more about how it fights. As a hammer user, try to focus on landing hits on the head to get those wonderful KOs, and if you can, focus your damage on the Lantern, since that's a major weakspot of Gobul.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Mailer posted:

I use Grongigas. It's got a 15% chance to do 75% damage, but that's only a drop of 4% overall. That still means it's 50 points higher than Archambra or Svarog in raw. It gets purple sharpness with sharp+1. It is small but usable if you favor super pounds over triple pounds. Awakening gives it slime, and I prefer to make a slime and status weapon of each type before I worry about elemental, like Svarog or Archambra, so I can use any weapon without worrying about resistances. I go back and make elemental weapons later.
I hate fighting Duramboros. That might affect my judgment.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

rhoga posted:

I use Grongigas. It's got a 15% chance to do 75% damage, but that's only a drop of 4% overall. That still means it's 50 points higher than Archambra or Svarog in raw. It gets purple sharpness with sharp+1. It is small but usable if you favor super pounds over triple pounds. Awakening gives it slime, and I prefer to make a slime and status weapon of each type before I worry about elemental, like Svarog or Archambra, so I can use any weapon without worrying about resistances. I go back and make elemental weapons later.
I hate fighting Duramboros. That might affect my judgment.

Archambra and Svarog are both worse than Grongigas or Nero's anyway

Grongigas is the best hammer for its raw potential (it gets 1450 raw after applying its negative 15% affinity, while Nero's gets 1440 after applying its positive 10% affinity). With 104 extra raw from Mega Demondrug or Attack Up (L) from food, you end up with Grongigas at 1550 and Nero's at 1546. So as you can see, they're both REALLY close, but Grongigas wins. It also gets 25 defense and awakening gives it 400 slime, which is a very nice bonus. For sets where you can't get Sharpness+1, Midnight Aeternum is pretty much the best all-around hammer.

Does anyone know if Adrenaline and Fury stack? I was looking at trying to make a Vangis suit with Adrenaline+1 and Evasion+1 (or, if the charm gods ever agree with me, adrenaline+2 and evasion+1). A 60% boost to damage when under 40% health, along with a 100ish defense boost would be loving amazing. But if they don't stack then it won't really matter.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I'm fairly certain their buffs don't stack, and just count as the same thing, much like how Heroics and Adrenaline/Fury don't stack. Though, I admittedly have not tried to stack them.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
New Monster Hunter players are equal parts adorable and aggravating to watch.

The part 1/2 video had them gettin' whooped by Arzuros. In this one, the minute the dude paused to sharpen before ever leaving base camp is when I knew this was going to be a magical journey of discovery. If they were flying solo, it would be terrible, but the fact that it's a couple buddies workin' poo poo out as they go somehow makes it really charming, even if it is comically frustrating. :3:

Also, they go from failing against Arzuros straight to Qurupeco. If this is the first one in LR, and he screams for Rathian, I might need to make popcorn.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Mark of the Hero
The Brilliant Darkness

Really should be renamed to:
LIGHTNING SPAM
LIGHTNING SPAM 2: THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Why do all the cool sets have negative lightning resist :negative:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TalonDemonKing posted:

Mark of the Hero
The Brilliant Darkness

Really should be renamed to:
LIGHTNING SPAM
LIGHTNING SPAM 2: THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Why do all the cool sets have negative lightning resist :negative:

I think a better question is 'Why does the set made out of metal have lightning resist?'

Farmed up Ingot X for Stygian Zinogre (Woo Allfire Stone hunting...) and man is it ugly. Why a walking tin can gets that much lightning resist is beyond me. Gonna farm me up a Zinogre Lance and upgrade it as far as possible, then take on his subspecies. Little low on the defensive side, but that's alright. It isn't as important on shielded gear. I gemmed Partbreaker into it, but would I be better served gemming the Thunder Attack +2 to +3 instead?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

A little late on the Ancient Shard bowgun talk, but would removing the limiter be worth it? It has a huge breadth of ammo types available to load but is that better than rapid fire Normal 2/Crag 1? Assuming with Rapid Fire Up.

Note: I don't know anything about bowguns.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
I got MHP3rd lately because i have a PSP and getting a wii in my country is not really an option (500$)
I played MHFU for a few hundred hours but 3rd is kinda loving with everything i know. Like 100-150 damage for a hammer? What the gently caress is that? Where are my big numbers?
I guess this means monsters have a lot less hitpoints but i'm kinda lost on what does most damage or what is viable for each level.

Also, is upgrading weapons for damage a good thing? I don't know if 20 damage increase will change something...

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, fixed hitboxes/hurtboxes are awesome also, this game is piss easy compared to MHFU.

RADmadness
Feb 17, 2011
I think P3rd is giving you your actual damage values instead of multiplying them by some arbitrary constant that gets divided off in the damage equation anyway.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Does anyone have any proof that monsters heal when they sleep? I have mentioned it before, but when I used cheats to show monster HP they never healed while resting, even after 5+ minutes.

Hexempaler
Sep 13, 2010

I know what you're thinking.
Did he fire sixty-six shots or only sixty-five?
Question is, do I feel lucky?
Well, do ya, punk?

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Does anyone have any proof that monsters heal when they sleep? I have mentioned it before, but when I used cheats to show monster HP they never healed while resting, even after 5+ minutes.
With the Capture Guru skill, you can observe that sleeping monsters can move from a capturable to an uncapturable state.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

RuBisCO posted:

A little late on the Ancient Shard bowgun talk, but would removing the limiter be worth it? It has a huge breadth of ammo types available to load but is that better than rapid fire Normal 2/Crag 1? Assuming with Rapid Fire Up.

Disclaimer: This may have changed in 3G. Someone will probably tell me I'm an idiot.

Rapid fire is kind of crap outside of Frontier. It holds you in place and IF you hit with every shot in the salvo it gives you a nice damage boost per bullet. Since each shot in a rapid fire sequence is weaker than normal it's a damage/status decrease unless you hit with all of them. If you're running out of ammo and can hit with every shot then rapid fire is good, but otherwise it's much better in a LBG to be able to flick from sleep to para to crag without reloading.

That's sleep->bombs->para->lots of damage from team->crag KO->even more team damage plus pierce. You can do all of this without stopping to reload and it's pretty awesome. After that you can shoulder your gun to combine more sleep/para or just normal/pierce until the thing dies. You're not going to be pounding the monster like you will with a HBG but the damage from your team is huge.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Hexempaler posted:

With the Capture Guru skill, you can observe that sleeping monsters can move from a capturable to an uncapturable state.

It's normally just about enough to make them uncapturable, but if you slap it to wake it up that's enough to make it capturable again. I say that's enough but it's only happened to me 3 times and I capture 99% of the time.

Today I broke a Brachydios' wrist with the second tranq bomb I threw on him. Eat it explosion idiot.

I'm loving the high rank Agnaktor fight, I think it's better than the LR one for me because he doesn't body slam all the time and make me wish I had Tremor Res.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I still haven't managed the non urgent Jhen village. Giga Galefrost, broke his weak spots, both tusks with dragonbombs, both legs, dragonator twice, used all the ballista ammo, still lose around 25 minutes.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 29, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

For some reason I screw up when it comes time to Binder/Gong Jhen, as I'm guessing that never missing a chance to cancel a big hit is the only real way a non-twinked-out solo player can prevent him from blowing up the ship.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

For some reason I screw up when it comes time to Binder/Gong Jhen, as I'm guessing that never missing a chance to cancel a big hit is the only real way a non-twinked-out solo player can prevent him from blowing up the ship.

The fight is actually pretty lenient with how many attacks you need to interrupt. The first time I did it, I didn't even know the binder existed, and I won with under 10 minutes on the clock. I would guess that you only need to block maybe 3 attacks total in the first phase, and then dragonate him in phase 2 if he gets too close to the ship.

Also the cannon/ballista/dragonator do enough damage that you don't really need to be twinked out. Just wear a set with speed gatherer and try to get felyne bombardier (meat and dairy).

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!
You didn't mention blocking his attacks with the horn or the binder. Also you can dragonate him once when he's in front of the boat to block more damage.

Adrian Finol
Sep 5, 2004
Any idea why companions sometimes join multiplayer hunts and sometimes they are missing?

Is it a number of players thing? During lunch we play 3 of us hunt and we randomly either get one minion or none.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking
Just started playing 3U a couple days ago, and I just built a Jaggi set for my dude. Is there any advantage to doing moga quests? I wanna hop online soon and play with others, but I assume you can't do moga quests from the online lobby. Any enlightenment on that front would be helpful.

I assume I should keep playing the village stuff to get my followers. How far in is that?

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
Still newish to the game, and switched back to SnS after that actually kills things faster than longswords and greatswords :downs: The Barroth SnS has the best damage I can get right now, but the affinity is -30%. Is that a huge dealbreaker, or is it worth farming for? I've got the tusk sword currently.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Mailer posted:

Since each shot in a rapid fire sequence is weaker than normal it's a damage/status decrease unless you hit with all of them. If you're running out of ammo and can hit with every shot then rapid fire is good, but otherwise it's much better in a LBG to be able to flick from sleep to para to crag without reloading.

On the other hand, rapid-fire status shots allow you to apply their status more quickly. Assuming you hit every shot, it also effectively grants a 5% damage increase: 3x70% = 210%, compared to 2x100% = 200% normal shots. But you're right: there are definitely times when rapid-fire is counterproductive. So it's something you have to get a feel for, and learn to judge based on the situation. That's another thing I love about this game: it leaves room for finesse.

LBG users have it lucky. Back in the day, rapid-fire was base 60%, so you were doing 3x60% = 180%. This meant it decreased your damage over time for things like Elemental shots, which have no recoil (therefore it was faster to fire two regular shots). My head hurts.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

thetrin posted:

Just started playing 3U a couple days ago, and I just built a Jaggi set for my dude. Is there any advantage to doing moga quests? I wanna hop online soon and play with others, but I assume you can't do moga quests from the online lobby. Any enlightenment on that front would be helpful.

I assume I should keep playing the village stuff to get my followers. How far in is that?

Cha-cha is pretty quick in, but kayamba will take a bit. My recommendation is to hop on and do online as soon as you can, you can always come back for Moga quests, which to unlock things like the kitchen, farm, and ships

Personally online is the best thing about monster hunter, so there isn't any reason to delay it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Adrian Finol posted:

Any idea why companions sometimes join multiplayer hunts and sometimes they are missing?

Is it a number of players thing? During lunch we play 3 of us hunt and we randomly either get one minion or none.
You can only bring minions with you if there's only one other human player with you. If you have a team of three, you won't be able to bring your Shakalakas.

Mailer posted:

Disclaimer: This may have changed in 3G. Someone will probably tell me I'm an idiot.

Rapid fire is kind of crap outside of Frontier. It holds you in place and IF you hit with every shot in the salvo it gives you a nice damage boost per bullet. Since each shot in a rapid fire sequence is weaker than normal it's a damage/status decrease unless you hit with all of them. If you're running out of ammo and can hit with every shot then rapid fire is good, but otherwise it's much better in a LBG to be able to flick from sleep to para to crag without reloading.

That's sleep->bombs->para->lots of damage from team->crag KO->even more team damage plus pierce. You can do all of this without stopping to reload and it's pretty awesome. After that you can shoulder your gun to combine more sleep/para or just normal/pierce until the thing dies. You're not going to be pounding the monster like you will with a HBG but the damage from your team is huge.

RuBisCO posted:

Note: I don't know anything about bowguns.
While rapid firing certainly isn't as great as it is in Frontier, I wouldn't sell it so short. I don't think status/ko damage is actually reduced considerably, if at all, so having those options for rapid firing is actually pretty great. As a result, rapid firing those things, including crag, and especially with bonus shot, things get pretty great. But I do agree that the Ancient LBG has a lot of great shot options, so the multi-reload can be quite beneficial. If you have a set up that benefits from rapid firing, keep the limiter on, but if you don't or are more interested in reloading all your shots at once, I would go for that.

Mister Blueberry posted:

I got MHP3rd lately because i have a PSP and getting a wii in my country is not really an option (500$)
I played MHFU for a few hundred hours but 3rd is kinda loving with everything i know. Like 100-150 damage for a hammer? What the gently caress is that? Where are my big numbers?
I guess this means monsters have a lot less hitpoints but i'm kinda lost on what does most damage or what is viable for each level.

Also, is upgrading weapons for damage a good thing? I don't know if 20 damage increase will change something...

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, fixed hitboxes/hurtboxes are awesome also, this game is piss easy compared to MHFU.
As someone else already mentioned, a number of MH games have values called weapon dividers, which are just arbitrary numbers that puff up the damage values. Each weapon has their own, and they're divided out when calculating damage, so the damage actually normalizes. I've always thought their inclusion was kind of stupid. They don't really offer anything useful.

Yeah, the temporary upgrade/armor sphere upgrade is cool. It only applies for the current upgrade, so you have to reapply it when you get to the next part of the upgrade branch, but it's extra damage that comes at a pretty cheap price.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

TalonDemonKing posted:

Cha-cha is pretty quick in, but kayamba will take a bit. My recommendation is to hop on and do online as soon as you can, you can always come back for Moga quests, which to unlock things like the kitchen, farm, and ships

Personally online is the best thing about monster hunter, so there isn't any reason to delay it.

Yeah, that's what I've always loved about MonHun, but I'll get my cha-cha before I hop online.

Is it after you finish 2 star quests that you get cha-cha?

EDIT: Oh, it's after the 2 star urgent. Nevermind!

thetrin fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 29, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What does the Rapid Fire armor skill offer? Just allow you to rapid fire more shot types than your LBG would normally have?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Nahxela posted:

There's a high rank Tanzia quest that involves you killing something like 30 sharqskins in the arena, with a Royal Ludroth at the start. It's still tedious as gently caress, but at least you have a large pool of Sharqs to harpoon, and you can get some more chances for sharqskin from the rewards.

It's not high rank, it's g-rank. Man this sucks. Oh well gonna do it to get that sweet rear end sharq sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

thetrin posted:

Yeah, that's what I've always loved about MonHun, but I'll get my cha-cha before I hop online.

Is it after you finish 2 star quests that you get cha-cha?

Be sure to get the DLC that's been released so far. Most of the quests will be out of reach, but you get 5000 resource points for farming, sending the ships out, etc. Catch a Godbug, farm'em and sell'em for some decent early $.

Resource points are easier to come by later, but that boost at the beginning helps. Also, the weapons you can craft from completing the Streaking with Bullfangos DLC quest (Lance and a Gunlance) are really good through LR stuff.

• Locked thread