Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

SaviourX posted:

E: Post it in a few days after the eptalk.

B-Rock Don-drat-Son fought the hound, Dany has begun her quickened march into irrelevance, and we've seen Ygritte's tits and heard the line.

So now the most fascinating thing about this terrible show, other than Robb's death, is what you posted.

And they totally telegraphed the red wedding, so basically any "edit: nevermind" on the internet is far more interesting than what the show has to offer at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

AFFC+ADWD is not 4 seasons of material.

Seeing as we're a good six years away from TWOW, there had better be five seasons of material in AFFC+ADWD.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

You're wrong.

AFFC+ADWD is not 4 seasons of material.

I haven't been paying too close attention to it. I expect them to write in a significant quantity of extra material to pad out the seasons because I don't think anyone at HBO is expecting the series to be done in a timely fashion, and since they can't do a 2-3 year hiatus they'll end up just writing their own ending.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

pentyne posted:

they'll end up just writing their own ending.
Does anyone really have a problem with that?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
2014 will be the second half of ASOS.

2015 will be the first halves of AFFC/ADWD.

2016 will be the second.

So 2017 will be TWOW, probably before GRRM publishes, and...

2018 will be ADOS, long after GRRM is in horrible pedophile absolute fucker hell.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I don't even know how they are going to make two seasons from ADWD+AFFC without making the show incredibly boring and losing half their viewership because it doesn't go anywhere.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ZShakespeare posted:

I don't even know how they are going to make two seasons from ADWD+AFFC without making the show incredibly boring and losing half their viewership because it doesn't go anywhere.

WARNING: Nudity

*fade in on Emilia Clarke undressing and unleashing a torrent of poo poo water from her anus*

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Still sticking by this if I was in TV production (and I most certainly am not):

S4 - Swords Part 2 Beric Boogaloo.

S5 - FeastDance Part 1

S6 - FeastDance Part 2, now featuring plot climaxes and stuff from Winds.

S7 - ALL NEW WHAT IS GOING ON based on Grumian 'notes'.

S8?? - Finale of stuff, since what in the hell could even be going on for 8 seasons, just wrap this poo poo up, remember when we no one watched Deadwood and Carnivale and we canceled them, good times good times.

Note: As a reminder, True Blood is entering its 7th season and it's dumb as gently caress.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think I've been infected with the gurm because I was sort of disappointed that Jaime didn't move to try and cover his groin when Brienne stood up to disguise the boner he gets in the books.

Kill me before the gurm gets worse.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

SaviourX posted:

S5 - FeastDance Part 1

S6 - FeastDance Part 2, now featuring plot climaxes and stuff from Winds.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There's probably enough in A Feast with Dragons for two seasons provided they include the conclusions of the North and Meereen stories.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Aurain posted:

I think I've been infected with the gurm because I was sort of disappointed that Jaime didn't move to try and cover his groin when Brienne stood up to disguise the boner he gets in the books.

Kill me before the gurm gets worse.

I think the boner was implied by his facial expression. Yeah.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Junkenstein posted:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. There's probably enough in A Feast with Dragons for two seasons provided they include the conclusions of the North and Meereen stories.

I'm hoping they go with Gurm's original plan and do a jump forward in time, they probably can't do five years, but they could get away with two or three I think. Do the rest of SoS next season, along with wrapping up any dangling plotlines from it and anything from AFFC and ADWD that is absolutely essential. Proceed to time jump in the fifth season and they can do whatever they want without worrying about what Gurm's writing.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
I can't wait until the show takes over the books. Then we will be the babby thread, and I get to complain to rarity about showwatchers posting Rozzy lemoncake spoilers. :smug:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Krinkle posted:

Have you seen a maid, of three and ten would be a full season right there

It's too bad they already killed off Sean Bean in this series or he could wander silently around the hills looking for his daughter. "Have you seen a little girl? Tall, auburn hair? About ten and three years old?"

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

As a lurker in this thread I thought I would leave this quote here.

"In today's crowded fantasy market Robin Hobb's books are like diamonds in a sea of zircons"
George R. R. Martin

Printed on the back of Robin Hobb's latest book "Blood of Dragons".

Wonder what that says about his writing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

"Looks like everything else to the point where nobody will be able to pick them out of the lot without studying the subject with great intensity."

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cardiac posted:

"like diamonds in a sea of zircons"

I don't know what that means. I mean I know diamonds are great and zircons are brown minerals but there has to have been a better way to word that. Is he a diamond in the rough? Is he a needle in a haystack? Is GURM a zircon too?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Shoehead posted:

I don't know what that means. I mean I know diamonds are great and zircons are brown minerals but there has to have been a better way to word that. Is he a diamond in the rough? Is he a needle in a haystack? Is GURM a zircon too?

I think he means that they all have the same intrinsic value but we have been duped into believing one of them is better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"I know the author in real life"
- George R. R. Martin.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

am0kgonzo posted:

Only the most subtle of boners for the babby thread. They can't handle the shameful truth.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Why the gently caress did Selsye have literally baby fetuses in her room in Dragonstone in the TV show? I preferred it when she was just a bit of an uggo with a moustache.

I mean Stannis is just looking weak as poo poo and vocally self doubting himself on screen which is pretty much precisely not what The Mannis is about.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Millions posted:

Only the most subtle of boners for the babby thread. They can't handle the shameful truth.

Jaime returns to King's Landing, swordfights Pod. Boners for all!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

If there's one thing you can say about GURM, it's that he's not adding to the problem of today's fantasy market being crowded, so well done him.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Does anyone really have a problem with that?

The scenes invented out of whole cloth for the show so far have been very hit (e.g. Olenna and Ramsay's) and miss (e.g. Dany, Theon and Catelyn's), so the show writers writing an ending to the series without having ADOS to adapt it from could turn out either okay or a disaster. I'd rather GRRM just finish it himself.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The drooling babby thread is now crying about spoilers in the form of goons commenting too early because some cable providers are a bit slower than others.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Apparently the Jets cut Tebow. How is the GRRM going to react?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Apparently the Jets cut Tebow. How is the GRRM going to react?

He'll burst in joy and finish TWOW

lol.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

295 votes for Dany, Queen of Girl Power is pretty awesome. I just wonder when they will start to realize she isn't gonna do anything but poo poo water on the sand.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Joramun posted:

The scenes invented out of whole cloth for the show so far have been very hit (e.g. Olenna and Ramsay's) and miss (e.g. Dany, Theon and Catelyn's), so the show writers writing an ending to the series without having ADOS to adapt it from could turn out either okay or a disaster. I'd rather GRRM just finish it himself.

Ramsay and Theon are in the same scenes, how are they hitting and missing at the same time? :psyduck:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The drooling babby thread is now crying about spoilers in the form of goons commenting too early because some cable providers are a bit slower than others.

It was just one guy who was a minute ahead of everyone else. It's not worth complaining about but it was a little annoying.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rarity posted:

It was just one guy who was a minute ahead of everyone else. It's not worth complaining about but it was a little annoying.

Incidentally, this is why live-posting about tv shows is loving stupid. I like discussing shows I enjoy, but I'll just log in later in the night or something and skip the 30+ posts of "OH MY GOD, HOLY poo poo" and "YESSSSS :unsmigghh:" so I can get to the actually good part of the thread.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Incidentally, this is why live-posting about tv shows is loving stupid. I like discussing shows I enjoy, but I'll just log in later in the night or something and skip the 30+ posts of "OH MY GOD, HOLY poo poo" and "YESSSSS :unsmigghh:" so I can get to the actually good part of the thread.

What's the good part of the baby thread

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I don't read the TVIV threads. They are the most thoroughly bad thing I have witnessed in my score and seven years.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

The part where they misspell every name and argue about whether LC Mormont is a horrible monster or not, also arguing about how English people are smug about accents until you want to kill yourself.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

alg posted:

What's the good part of the baby thread

Rarity's OPs, no seriously, and finding out what overgrown children think a spoiler is - lemoncakes, character names, dragon names and suggesting that a TV show might be subject to actor availability.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Rarity posted:

Ramsay and Theon are in the same scenes, how are they hitting and missing at the same time? :psyduck:
I wasn't just talking about season 3.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

A football avatar man is declaring that there is "literally zero chance" that Frey is going to side with the lannisters.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

am0kgonzo posted:

I'm actually shocked that I came into this thread today and there wasn't an animated gif of his quick look down. Definite shameful boner moment writ large by the budget of HBO.

The Riddle of Feel
Feb 2, 2013

equity posted:

The part where they misspell every name and argue about whether LC Mormont is a horrible monster or not, also arguing about how English people are smug about accents until you want to kill yourself.

As of the current thread, show is now a spoiler for itself. That's pretty Zen.

If you're analyzing smilies posted a minute in advance, how can you even watch the show?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

The Riddle of Feel posted:

As of the current thread, show is now a spoiler for itself. That's pretty Zen.

The first rule of the Game of Throne thread is that you don't talk about Game of Thrones.

The second rule of the Game of Throne thread is lemon cake lemon cake lemon cake

The Riddle of Feel posted:

If you're analyzing smilies posted a minute in advance, how can you even watch the show?

They've been watching a show about a book for three years without reading the books, don't you think they can read a thread without watching the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNakedFantastic
Sep 22, 2006

LITERAL WHITE SUPREMACIST
Is it ever hinted at why Varys is so obsessed with having the Targaryens in power? I assume it's part of some prophecy but at this point he just looks like a psycho.