Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Xenaero posted:

This thing is kinda insane.

[pic]

Just about long range confrontations and anything mid/close range is melted. Proof:

[pic]

I like the way you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daman
Oct 28, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Just about long range confrontations and anything mid/close range is melted. Proof:

[pic]

I dunno, looks like you were carried by those two furry Brazilians.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Switch! Switchblade! You gave me suggestions for an AK! It might be good but it is even MORE of an abomination than my previous gun.

Behold what you have wrought! I have a scope AND iron sights! And like a big stick box thingy on top of a thin end of a barrel!

Anyways, this is good, yeah? I'm still getting blinded and it kicks even more like a mule now so there you go.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

Switch! Switchblade! You gave me suggestions for an AK! It might be good but it is even MORE of an abomination than my previous gun.

Behold what you have wrought! I have a scope AND iron sights! And like a big stick box thingy on top of a thin end of a barrel!

Anyways, this is good, yeah? I'm still getting blinded and it kicks even more like a mule now so there you go.

Perfection. :frogc00l:

I know you said you don't like closed scopes but just rent the CONS Elo-Tech or the EON-F1 and see if they don't change your mind.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Perfection. :frogc00l:

I know you said you don't like closed scopes but just rent the CONS Elo-Tech or the EON-F1 and see if they don't change your mind.

Huh. 2.5x and 3x zoom, huh? Wouldn't that cripple ADSing in close-medium range?

Edit: ........oh right. VVVV :(

Artificer fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 28, 2013

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

You don't ADS in close-medium range unless you're sitting behind a crate or peeking up a run of stairs.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Pulled the CONS Elo-Tech from the level 12 Reward Pack. Loving it so far.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I like the way you think.

I've found that the ArmCom Elite / BRS Tactical pair seems to work really well together. That's what I use on my general-purpose gun, albeit as an HAR.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Does anyone have any experience with the V2 folding CQC/B on the AK? It pumps the recoil pretty high so I'm wondering if it will be good for a running/midrange rifle.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Mae posted:

Does anyone have any experience with the V2 folding CQC/B on the AK? It pumps the recoil pretty high so I'm wondering if it will be good for a running/midrange rifle.

The AK doesn't perform too well with high recoil. I'd suggest the Dual Mount stock. That one is very fast, has the best recoil of the +speed stocks but worsens your spread.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Is there any difference between the Overwatch Impact CQT and the Allied Warzone oX9? Considering a heavy armor purchase and those look good, but appear completely identical.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
No difference other than the looks, from everything I've seen and heard.

Note that both of them have that big puffy-neck thing, which your helmet will clip right through, and it looks like arse. So you might want to rent each before deciding which one to perm, to make sure that your preferred helmet looks OK.

Frag Man
Sep 2, 2011
Just chimming in to thank Kelmomas for inviting me to the Euro-GOONs. A shame theres only 14 of us. No vitriol from pubbies for the GOON-tag here at least. Just the usual Hardsuit and tryhard-whining.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Sounds lame. The anti-GOON vitriol keeps me going.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I'm working on kitting out my AK, and I just perma'd the Cons ELO scope. I looked at the Rhino barrel for a second, and it gives me like 4 damage with only a runspeed negative? Pretty awesome. I want like 56 damage (with weapon tag) so now I can look at some recoil/spread parts.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Frag Man posted:

Just chimming in to thank Kelmomas for inviting me to the Euro-GOONs. A shame theres only 14 of us. No vitriol from pubbies for the GOON-tag here at least. Just the usual Hardsuit and tryhard-whining.

I've had a few comments in the EU but nothing like the US goons get.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

I've had a few comments in the EU but nothing like the US goons get.

As much as I enjoy laughing at all the GOON-hate it is a clear indicator of the quality differences between the US and EU user base.

Edit: I think 24/7 Metro is my new favorite way to play this game.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 29, 2013

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Is anyone unable to connect to the servers right now? It lets me through to see my name and experience but I have no mail, GP and can't access customization or see any servers.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Got a 7 day token for the LMG-R. I slapped these parts on it and ran around like a crazy person: Rift, GX Heavy, Elo-Tech, Collapsible. Any alternative build suggestions?

e:

Mae posted:

Is anyone unable to connect to the servers right now? It lets me through to see my name and experience but I have no mail, GP and can't access customization or see any servers.

I'm not home to test. Sorry. It wouldn't surpise me though. They take the servers offline randomly during the day sometimes without warning or notice. PWE.txt

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 29, 2013

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Got a 7 day token for the LMG-R. I slapped these parts on it and ran around like a crazy person: Rift, GX Heavy, Elo-Tech, Collapsible. Any alternative build suggestions?
Aim for 60 damage + Daylight tag for the 61st point, then build for high accuracy. You can get an insanely tight move spread, like SMG-level tight, which is the one thing you can't do with a HAR or AR or AK. Well, that and holding LMB down for ten seconds consecutively.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

As much as I enjoy laughing at all the GOON-hate it is a clear indicator of the quality differences between the US and EU user base.
Yeah, I like logging in to the US now and then because of playing with Goons and actually using the XP I earn, but then I'm driven away by the hordes of 250ms South American users and by the general inability / unwillingness to votekick even the most obvious hackers :psyduck:

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Oh my god. I just perma'd the Tomahawk. Best investment ever: amazing for defensive, heavy builds for its remote mine function, and allows me to consolidate an explosive and melee weapon for fast builds into one slot. poo poo is absolute bonkers.

Now I just need to perma the shurikens. :getin:

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

This is my Onslaught gun:

Outside of OS, I switch to the Copperhead muzzle and quick magazine.
The LMG-R used to be so much better for general play before the recoil patch though :(

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

What is so special about 61 damage? I was thinking 63 would be the magic number.

Lima posted:

This is my Onslaught gun:

Pretty! I love the way that Two-Step/Jurisdiction combo looks.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 29, 2013

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The most recent comment I got in the EU was a guy mentioning how he doesn't see many of us in Europe and then trying to add me as a friend :-)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
This is what I've been playing with AK-wise lately.

While I've been doing pretty well with it, I'm pretty sure it could be much better. Thoughts?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Yeah I'd also like some AK build tips. The whole gun maths is daunting as hell at first.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Edit: this post was terrible and had to be purged. Just listen to Lima bellow.

\/\/\/\/\/\/

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 29, 2013

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The first you should consider with any weapon is it's damage, as you'll want to be able to kill the most popular builds in as few shots as possible. Currently, most seem have have 214 or 224 health. Those who wears heavier armor usually go for a 240/242/250 hp build - few stay in the 230-range.

The AK can easily hit 56 damage, which will 4-shot most you'll go up against. To reach that, you can use the following parts:

Without +dmg tag:
Muzzle: Ras-6, Snuff, Two-step
Barrel: LBiV, Rhino

With +dmg tag:
Stalker barrel, SPR1/Rift/Copperhead muzzle
GX3 barrel, SRM01 muzzle

As for the stock, you'll want one that helps you with both spread and recoil. I'd recommend these:
BRS Tactical, ACP Mod 0, S14 Stabilized, JLM.5 Advanced, ACP-3 Collapsible.
The amount of recoil reduction you want depends on what you're comfy with. The longer you use the gun and learn it's pattern the more you can sacrifice it for other stats.

Scope and magazine are also personal preference.

This is my preferred AK build:

The health max weapon tag I'm using brings my health up to 217, which protects me from being 4-shot by 54 damage weapons.
Otherwise it's built to reduce spread as much as possible, and recoil a tiny bit, while keeping damage at 56.

Lima fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 30, 2013

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Some friends and I are trying this out for the first time tonight, anything important we should know outside the OP?

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

The worst submarine posted:

Some friends and I are trying this out for the first time tonight, anything important we should know outside the OP?

play on proving grounds or with GOONS. Pick up dead people's guns especially if they are in GOON. Other than that not much. Don't buy anything until after level 10.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The worst submarine posted:

I can't remember if it's included in the lengthy OP (:v:), but

- Always assume that someone knows where you are, and that they're moving towards you
- Use HRV a lot so you know where your enemies are, and so you can move towards them

Most objections toward the game from newcomers are about the HRV, so learn to use it fast.

e: Sign up at raptr.com and let it track your gametime for free stuff! Details in post two of the OP.
You can get a free one-day Bullpup Full Auto in the Weekly Weapon bundle (under Mini-Mart -> Packs). It's not super great with stock parts, but hey it's free. There's a bug that when you recieve the pack, your GP resets to 0, but that's only a visual error. Relog to fix it.

Lima fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 30, 2013

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

If you want to play together, inviting your friends to join a party will let you all stick around as you move from server to server, and give you your own chat channel (/p). However, public servers will not put you all on the same team for pubstomping purposes (you can still try and change teams).

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Man, I really waver between doing pretty well to doing ATROCIOUSLY badly. :(

And being on the receiving end of a 4-GOON curbstomping is not terribly fun. :v:

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Artificer posted:

Man, I really waver between doing pretty well to doing ATROCIOUSLY badly. :(

And being on the receiving end of a 4-GOON curbstomping is not terribly fun. :v:

It was all fun and games :v:

(except the murderization of that Tracer dude!)

e: I won a Burst SMG from a quiz in Global chat. Anyone wants it?

Lima fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 30, 2013

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Artificer posted:

What to do in this situation: single out the goons in groups and take them and only them out before you die. Bonus points for style.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Is anyone else having trouble with the patch? I can't get the patcher/launcher to connect to the servers, and the manual patch didn't work either.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Hey everyone I like to play this game even though I can't seem to do more than a few kills a game.
My steam id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/haiku83/

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK
Man, when venturing past the level 10 capped servers I do really bad! I'm not sure what it is. If its equipment or weapons or what, but I just cant seem to get anything to connect and die really quick.

Oldboy
Sep 16, 2010

Lima posted:

It was all fun and games :v:

(except the murderization of that Tracer dude!)

e: I won a Burst SMG from a quiz in Global chat. Anyone wants it?

me please :D (zakone)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

How do I equip weapons? I feel lost in the empty vastness of the menus.

• Locked thread