Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Opals25 posted:

Man, when venturing past the level 10 capped servers I do really bad! I'm not sure what it is. If its equipment or weapons or what, but I just cant seem to get anything to connect and die really quick.

It's okay. It takes a lot of getting used to the new equipment available. Not to worry though, it doesn't take too long to learn the tricks and eventually you'll be packing those toys too.

The worst submarine posted:

How do I equip weapons? I feel lost in the empty vastness of the menus.

Look for the Customization tab, and then Weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I am now officially a skidmark on the underpants of GOON! Yay!

Now, from nearly ten pages back:

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The more I research this the more reports of driver related silliness with that NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 I find. Try this:

• Update to the latest drivers
  • Change BLR to run in “Fullscreen Boarderless”
  • Turn OFF v-sync
  • Uninstall NVIDIA HD Audio support

Updated to the latest drivers after completely uninstalling the old ones. Didn't install 3D Vision support or HD audio this time around. Bordlerless made the main menu run at about 2FPS so I went back to fullscreen. I haven't had vsync on since I started having performance issues.

That said, I maxed the game sans DX11 and textures and had LESS hitching, but still hitching. I turned off a lot of UE3 poo poo (motion blur, DoF, shafts, volumetrics, etc) and I have yet to try it out at reduced "middle" detail, but so far it seems to have helped in some very mild way but I'm still not running well. It is, however, "playable" in some regard. Just not as regard as I'd hoped. :(

Dear computer,

gently caress you.

Sincerely,
The User

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It kind of sucks getting that partial second of a freeze when you come out of HRV on higher settings. Hell if I know what causes it. Seems to be texture quality.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I turned off a lot of UE3 poo poo (motion blur, DoF, shafts, volumetrics, etc)
Christ, you were actually trying to *play* with that stuff on? It's practically a reflex act for me to turn that all off now.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Christ, you were actually trying to *play* with that stuff on? It's practically a reflex act for me to turn that all off now.

If you don't get blinded by lens flares on half the maps, you're playing it wrong :colbert:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Goons in force.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
Of that 20 deaths I think at least 12 were from random nade spam, and the others were from garbage blindfiring. That was a very frustrating round.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Only to run updated drivers through their paces. Scaling it back for my next incursion. Still, doesn't look like it's going to work out fine, just okay. :(

But yeah, the one or two matches I played with all of that enabled were definitely a mess of effects. It was almost like one of those "I don't care what you think I painted this and glued a street sign on it!" art pieces.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I am now officially a skidmark on the underpants of GOON! Yay!

Bordlerless made the main menu run at about 2FPS so I went back to fullscreen.

Dear computer,

gently caress you.

Sincerely,
The User

That shouldn't happen, ever. :stare: Something is seriously hosed up with your PC if it chugs in the menus and you should probably turn to the hardware at this point. Boarderless adds a bit of strain on the PC but not so much that it should slow down to 2 FPS. That's madness.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 30, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
And this is how I have computed for nearly a year too...

To be fair, switching it back was also 2fps until I closed in five seconds later, but I assumed it was left over. Maybe just maybe it was a strain from switching and I didn't wait long enough to let it right itself but... I'm more inclined to believe I'm bad at computers and something on a level I don't control poo poo the bed.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Of that 20 deaths I think at least 12 were from random nade spam, and the others were from garbage blindfiring. That was a very frustrating round.

Haha yeah, Metro is just crazy. People are using grenades more as a whole though, I think.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Xenaero posted:

Haha yeah, Metro is just crazy. People are using grenades more as a whole though, I think.

Metro is insane and I love it. It's the only map I've gotten a clean sweep on, and that was a KOTH game where I threw a nade at the point and killed the entire enemy team.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
As I bought an AK very recently I thought I'd throw an email to customer support enquiring about a possible refund because of the Raptr packs. They've refunded me the Zen no problem :-)

Top notch customer support.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

Metro is insane and I love it. It's the only map I've gotten a clean sweep on, and that was a KOTH game where I threw a nade at the point and killed the entire enemy team.

Yeah... my butt is still hurt about that game.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Playing with goons makes this game so much more fun. Especially when there are ragers from Austria going insane before our eyes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Ragdolls are great.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

As I bought an AK very recently I thought I'd throw an email to customer support enquiring about a possible refund because of the Raptr packs. They've refunded me the Zen no problem :-)

Top notch customer support.

Save Blizzard I have literally never heard of customer support this amazing.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Save Blizzard I have literally never heard of customer support this amazing.

Oddly enough Blizzard has given me some weird problems regarding customer service once. My friend got hacked and couldn't access his account one time so he asked me to send them a ticket. After explaining to them in massive detail that HE HIMSELF COULD NOT LOG IN and giving them his username and email address plus the supposed password, they then replied back that he had to send them a support ticket himself from his own account :downs:.

Getting back on topic, I'm glad they actually gave you not only a speedy response, but a refund to boot.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Ooh we got a hacking impersonator!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4l5vkAtGNY

Who made someone mad recently? :v:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Lima posted:

This is the best thing I've seen in a while.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Lima posted:

Wow! Mission accomplished, GOONs. You know you are doing it right when people start impersonating you.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Wow! Mission accomplished, GOONs. You know you are doing it right when people start impersonating you.
Maybe it's Manly Man or whatever his name was.

WE PUSHED HIM TOO FAR!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

real_scud posted:

Maybe it's Manly Man or whatever his name was.

WE PUSHED HIM TOO FAR!

Could be. We've pushed a lot of people. Actually, last time "barcode" came on they actually said "Sup GOONS" before launching into their Fifty Shades nonsense. I'm seriously thrilled by this. Out of all the clans they chose us. :smug:

I found a thread about it on the :furcry: forums. I wanted to say it was Tauxie but I didn't want to get another one of these:

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 1, 2013

RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009

Lima posted:

I ran into this guy last night

he started spamming erotic mlp fanfiction in the chat in addition to the blatant aimbot

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

RocketSurgery posted:

I ran into this guy last night

he started spamming erotic mlp fanfiction in the chat in addition to the blatant aimbot

I actually saw that too and just assumed he was one of us who didn't post in the thread. Is he actually in g00n or some kind of letter game like that?

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Skyscraper posted:

I actually saw that too and just assumed he was one of us who didn't post in the thread. Is he actually in g00n or some kind of letter game like that?

He's not in GOON, no. He just set up his name to look like it. Instead of just yiffybrony, it's yiffybrony|GOON.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

He's not in GOON, no. He just set up his name to look like it. Instead of just yiffybrony, it's yiffybrony|GOON.

Oh, they just let people use | as a character? That's dumb.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Skyscraper posted:

Oh, they just let people use | as a character? That's dumb.

It's not a pipe it's a lower case 'L'.

E: Speaking of which...

http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=641521

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 1, 2013

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

How do mission chance packs work? It says they've been automaticly applied, but how do I tell what I got?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

You need to stick around the results screen that normally tallies your gp and xp, however even then you don't know how long you have it until you look in your inventory.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Right now I have the following on my "to invite" list:
  • StrictlyButts
  • DJFlomax
  • DoctorFiesta (yeah I justed added you to the list because reasons)
  • Nacho117214 (edit)

If there is anyone else I'm missing let me know.

Edit: added to list

Whoops sorry, I have a bunch of exams coming up in the next 5 weeks so I don't have the time to play games much anymore now. Feel free to forget about the invite (StrictlyButts; I probably would have gotten banned for breaking the EULA at some point anyway).

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Sent an invite request to Switch. Also, how do I take a shot of my weapon to post here?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

FrancoFish posted:

Sent an invite request to Switch. Also, how do I take a shot of my weapon to post here?
F12 to take a Steam screenshot? The game also has a screenshot key but I can't remember which off the top of my head.

(My personal super secret tech is to turn off fullscreen (F11 in this game) then press Ctrl-PrtSc. ShareX will then capture a rectangular region, save it to disk, upload it to Imgur, and put the URL in your clipboard. Stupidly efficient.])

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

NihilCredo posted:

F12 to take a Steam screenshot?

Thanks.

This machine is a thing of beauty holy poo poo.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Lookit dis proscope right here. :smug:

Edit: Also, for posterity:

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 2, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Permed that scope I was talking about earlier. Good gaming with you goons. :)

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

FrancoFish posted:

Thanks.

This machine is a thing of beauty holy poo poo.

Classy! Put a damage tag on it if you are like me and obsessed with finding the perfect damage numbers.

We should all collaborate on raiding a server wearing the same armor, camo, and taunts since three of us use the almost exact same M4X. The pubbie tears would be many!

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 2, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Switch, after I get HE grenades and the Diamondback legs, are there any intermediate heavy chest armors I should look into before, you know, waiting all the way til Breakguard?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

If you can't wait until you unlock the Impact (level 25), then the Warmonger chest is a fine choice if you need that extra slot.

I'd actually recommend you buy it BEFORE the Diamondback legs, because those are generally worse than the L30 Colossus (slightly bigger health bonus but way bigger stamina penalty), while the Warmonger is balanced relative to the L25 Impact (half the health bonus, less than half the stamina penalty).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I think I can wait. I'll get exmags on the AK and HE grenades before I'll do anything. That'll give me some time to think about it.

Edit: So I guess what you guys recommend the most is waiting for the Fox+Cat/BreakGuard/Colossus combo and instead just spend the GP on souping up my AK, shotgun, and other toys? Did you guys go for intermediaries or did you stick with a 208/210 build until you hit the levels required for those armor bits?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 2, 2013

• Locked thread