Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

PoptartsNinja posted:

One of these days we should show the layouts for each of the Starships. I'm pretty sure the trooper's got the weirdest internal layout of them all.

I'll get into my ship's layout in my next update, but a comparison of every ship in the game would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, every class gets their own ship? There's no Force/non-Force split, it's eight different models?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

Oh, every class gets their own ship? There's no Force/non-Force split, it's eight different models?

Nah. There's only six different ships. The Jedi both get those cute Corellian mini-corvette things and the Sith both get the Fury-class whatever the gently caress the Fury is (assault transports?), the Agent gets an SR-71, the Bounty Hunter gets a flying garbage pile with an awesome name, the Smuggler gets the Not Quite the Ebon Hawk Millennium Falcon back and the Trooper gets a fake B-Wing that's really awkward and janky to use in space battles due to the weirdly positioned lasers.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nah. There's only six different ships. The Jedi both get those cute Corellian mini-corvette things and the Sith both get the Fury-class whatever the gently caress the Fury is (assault transports?), the Agent gets an SR-71, the Bounty Hunter gets a flying garbage pile with an awesome name, the Smuggler gets the Not Quite the Ebon Hawk Millennium Falcon back and the Trooper gets a fake B-Wing that's really awkward and janky to use in space battles due to the weirdly positioned lasers.
Man, I know this is off-topic but I'd love to see a sci-fi/space opera RPG where managing your ship is as important as your ground crew.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Sylphosaurus posted:

Man, I know this is off-topic but I'd love to see a sci-fi/space opera RPG where managing your ship is as important as your ground crew.
Star Trek Online is probably the closest you'll find to that.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain's log: #017
Stardate: A perfect ten moment.

The only good thing about the Works is security assumes nobody's stupid enough to want to go down there. Who'd want to? There's nothing there except interesting ways to fill out an obituary.

First off, all the maintenance droids are crazy. They're armed and extremely dangerous, and for some reason they want everything soft and squishy dead – and they're the least of your problems.

Then there's the Cthon. I don't know why they're even down there, do you? Is there a xenobiologist in the house? It doesn't matter why they're down there, though, they'll still rip your face off for a light lunch.

And if you get past all of that, in the deep, dark tunnels, the Empire's waiting. Jiik was right, somehow. More than ten years after the sack, and there are Imperial soldiers hiding out on Coruscant.

Even with all that in our way, Skavak couldn't hide forever. Following the trail of Imp bodies lead me down a dead-end service shaft. I could hear a familiar voice up ahead. Time to settle the secore.

Recommended for finally catching up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAf2V_uuopA

quote:

Commander Kasstroff: Watch your tone, Skavak. My agent is standing by at the spaceport, ready to deliver the item. You have someone ready to receive it?

Skavak: There's a twitchy little starship merchant named Fabizan in my docking bay. He'll accept my payment.

Commander Kasstroff: Lieutenant, transmit the signal. I don't know what you want with that grotesque trophy, Skavak, but it's all yours now.

Skavak: You need any other priceless relics, Commander, just let me know.

Nailed it!

quote:

Commander Kasstroff: Skavak, is this some sort of trick?

Skavak: Captain. Seriously, I admire your persistence, but this is ridiculous.

Commander Kasstroff: How do you know this man, Skavak?

Skavak: He's an acquaintance who just can't take a joke.

quote:

Skavak: Corso, heard about your job. Don't let unemployment make you bitter, all right?

Skavak: You the one who fouled up my identity record and sent half the galaxy chasing me? That wasn't very nice, Captain.

Quinine: It's the least I could do for you, old pal.

Skavak: You know, holding on to anger like that will give you health problems.

Skavak: I can't believe you kept that Sullustan lawman alive. If it wasn't for the Justicars, the little runt might've actually caught me.

quote:

Commander Kasstroff: Enough of this. The Captain is your problem, Skavak. Deal with it.

Just like that, Skavak bolts. I'd have given almost anything to shoot him in the back, but the Imps had their blasters trained right on us.

quote:

Quinine: Do you enjoy being Skavak's maid, commander?

Commander Kasstroff: No, and I'm afraid you won't be leaving either. We'll give you a very nice unmarked grave.

I was hoping he might catch Skavak while he made his getaway, but the Murustavan Ruby is what Skavak stole from Sullust in the first place. Getting it back was probably top priority.

quote:

Commander Kastroff: Who do you think you are giving me orders? You're as good as dead, you alien filth.

Quinine: Boy am I happy to see you.

Miel Muwn: Imperials, you are guilty of smuggling and crimes too numerous to mention. Do not make things harder on yourselves by resisting arrest!

Miel Muwn: I have already disabled your comlinks and cut you off from any reinforcements! Drop your weapons now!

Miel Muwn's no street-fighter – he's a constable, he's used to fighting with support and by the rules. Corso and I duck before the Commander finishes his order.

Miel doesn't.

When we pop back up, we unload on Kasstroff and his men. They're not street-fighters either, they're soldiers. They're not used to bringing rifles to bear on a target close enough to reach out and touch them.

I make sure to get in plenty of that.

Once we brought Kasstroff and his men down we turned to Miel, but... well...

quote:

Quinine: Hold still, we can get you a medpack.

Miel Muwn: It is too late for that.

Miel Muwn: I am unable to maintain my pursuit of Skavak. You must go on without me. I have something that will help you.

It was a docking bay number. He'd found my ship. Dying in a Coruscant gutter, and he gives me the key to beating Skavak and taking back what's mine.

quote:

Corso: Poor little guy. He didn't deserve to go out like this.

Goodnight Miel. You were one in a million, and one more friend Skavak's killed. Another swift kick in the head when I catch the guy, right after Viidu's.

Now it was a race. Skavak didn't want to give me a fair fight, especially after me and Corso just wiped out Kasstroff's whole unit, but if he made it back to my ship first he'd take off with it – and with a whole galaxy to get lost in, I wouldn't be finding him again any time soon.

Too bad for him beating others to the punch is my speciality. Okay, running through the spaceport with my blaster out wasn't the safest course of action, but finally my luck was turning and I made it to the docking bay ahead of Skavak.

There wasn't much chance of Skavak coming at me head-on, but we still had his security to deal with. A Bith starship dealer named Fabizan and a couple of thugs were the last obstacle between me and my ship.

quote:

Fabizan: In case it wasn't clear by the security door you just sliced, this is a private docking bay. Beat it.

quote:

Fabizan: Skavak said there might be a troublemaker dropping by. He paid extra for security to take care of it.

Fabizan: Boys, like the man says, the customer's always right. You know what to do.

Fabizan... now, for a “twitchy little starship merchant”, he put up more of a fight than that whole Imperial squad. The guy had incendiaries packed up both sleeves and ate blaster bolts like they were tickles. Too bad for him I've been burned enough already – hardly even felt it.

His security went down hard and the fight went out of him pretty soon after that. I figured I should try again.

Highly recommended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACXVt7oznZo

quote:

Fabizan: That mean machine Skavak brought to Coruscant? I've been taking really good care of it.

Fabizan: Listen, your ship's in great shape. All the cargo is still on board. Even had it detailed. No harm done, right?

You're learning, Corso. We'll make a smuggler of you yet.

quote:

Fabizan: I could give you a nice ship upgrade and charge it to Skavak's account. Interested?

Quinine: What are my options?

Fabizan: I carry the finest starship upgrades. You won't find a better deal on Coruscant, or my name's not Fabizan.

He had some good stuff, too. Blaster upgrades, reinforced armor bulkheads, shield emitters, the works. In the end though, I took some new engine parts – it's my bread and butter, after all – a replacement dejarik table and the deluxe Captain's quarters bed. Hey, memory foam doesn't come cheap!

quote:

Fabizan: Do I work fast or what? All your cargo's accounted for and waiting in the hold, even the special stuff.

Fabizan: You're going to let Fabizan scoot along now, right? I've got other business far, far away from here.

Quinine: I think we're done here.

Fabizan: May this ship bring you many fine years of service. If you encounter any problems, please contact the manufacturer.

Fabizan: I'm out of here. Thanks for not killing me!

And then, I saw her.

Hey babe.

I promise, I'll never leave you again.

Soon as I walked up the ramp everything felt right with the galaxy again. I still haven't gone inside though – it looks like Skavak messed up the transponder. Probably scrambled it so I couldn't track her. Clever, but it didn't help him. Once I unscramble it, I'll have to punch the ship's name back in.

##End Log##

[And what, you might ask, is the name of our illustrious Captain Quinine's ship? Since if you left it up to me you'd get something lame like “the Q-ship” (get it? It's a kind of naval warship as well as a reference to tonic water!), I leave it up to the thread to come up with one and vote for it.]

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

The Gin Rummy.
The Legitimate Business.
The Quillennium Falcon.
The Bar Destroyer.
The Wife.

I forgot Miel dies at the end of the Coruscant arc. Poor little guy.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
The Centennial Cuckoo

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Wikipedia posted:

Though it has been synthesized in the laboratory, quinine occurs naturally in the bark of the cinchona tree.

Therefore, I think The Cinchona would be appropriate.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Dooky Dingo posted:

Though it has been synthesized in the laboratory, quinine occurs naturally in the bark of the cinchona tree. Therefore, I think The Cinchona would be appropriate.

Sounds good, I vote The Cinchona.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
The Time Bird.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A fancy ship for the man who can be a smuggler and a patriotic idealist at the same time? It's named The Qubit.

Changed my vote.

my dad fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 1, 2013

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Coq au Nandos posted:

The Time Bird.

Echoing this (even if it did make me think of the TARDIS before I got the reference..)

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

The way the smuggler gets his ship is the most satisfying way out of any of them. You really feel like you've earned that drat thing.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Because I came here right after reading the other thread, I vote we name the ship the Bloodshot Rancor. Just because it made me laugh, although that may be more a side effect of reading the thread at 4:30 am than any actual humor.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Am I the only one who sees the :manning: face on the front of the NotEbon Hawk?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Am I the only one who sees the :manning: face on the front of the NotEbon Hawk?

Not any more you're not!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Call your ship the Miel Muwn- one way or another, the little guy is going to finish the job :black101:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Well drat, I was kinda hoping that Quinine was gonna have to make do with a shuttle or something. Everyone else getting their nice shiny ships, but the smuggler having to wait til like the third planet or something would have been funny. Incredibly infuriating probably, but funny.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's not a matter of patience, just a genetic predisposition for smashing your head against the largest rock you can find for hours on end.

One of these days we should show the layouts for each of the Starships. I'm pretty sure the trooper's got the weirdest internal layout of them all.

I think the bounty hunter takes that particular prize, personally.

As for names of the ship, why not the Ecru Eagle

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Ugh, the Works is my second least favourite part of the Coruscant. Most least being the entire planet. Way too big.

I was so glad when added when they added level 1 sprint and the ability to use speeders in the space port.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

CommissarMega posted:

Call your ship the Miel Muwn- one way or another, the little guy is going to finish the job :black101:

Second this one; just wish you could actually name your ship in-game. Sure, most folks would never see it, but it's not like having one extra bit of text would be much of a burden on the server (especially if you just stored it local and had the client kick it up when you boarded; apart from the rare occasions when you invite somebody on your ship you wouldn't have to transfer the info to another client).

Oh, and nice excuse for the Trooper to hit the Temple, Brainamp (as folks probably noticed, only the Jedi have class quests there. Sure you can go there for the couple of planetary quests, but WHY?).

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

I think you should name it the Blue Beetle.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

CommissarMega posted:

Changing my vote to this.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My vote's with the Legitimate Business.

mecharick
Nov 4, 2009
The Error: Ship not Found , a little meta perhaps, but maybe Smugglers would roll that way

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

My vote's with the Legitimate Business.

Because I am a sucker for Culture-style naming, I say this. Nothing to see here, move along......

Gymer
May 30, 2012
The Century Albatross

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

The Epoch Hawk. :awesomelon:

Or one of the others that's less dumb.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

CommissarMega posted:

This is cute. I like it. Miel Muwn for ship name!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Given my previous comment about Miel I say call it the [b]Paladin's Dilemma[/i]. Because nothing's better for a smuggler's ship than saying "I am probably up to something shady."

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

##Begin Log##

Captain's log: #018
Stardate: Back in the saddle.

I figured it was time for a change. I wouldn't even be here right now if that little Sullustan constable hadn't stuck his neck out for me, he deserves to be there when I finally make Skavak pay as much as anybody. I keyed in Miel Muwn into the ship's transponder.

Once we stepped inside Corso decided to get acquainted with the place. It might've been a while but I still remember every detail of my baby inside and out. What I don't remember is having a brand-new protocol droid waiting for me at the boarding ramp. Did Skavak buy it?

quote:

Quinine: Glad to have you aboard. Tell me your functions, Seetoo.

C2-N2: C2-series droids represent the latest advance in everything from starship technical maintenance to nutritional advice tailored to your specific organic needs.

Not a bad parting gift from Skavak. I always wanted my own droid butler to iron shirts and fix up breakfast.

I didn't really need the tour of my own ship, but the droid really seemed into it. Didn't want to break his stride.

quote:

Quinine: Prep the ship for flight, we're leaving shortly.

C2-N2: The ship is fueled and ready, master. There are just a few final points we should review first...

C2-N2: As you can see, I am not equipped for physical danger. My function is to maintain your starship as your home away from home.

Fine with me. I could use somebody to clean this place up a bit – scrubbing out Skavak's stink is gonna be a full-time job.

quote:

Quinine: What do you consider a “non-hazardous” task?

C2-N2: I am programmed to modify other technology. I can also perform long-range surveillance and diplomacy. I'm quite useful, I assure you.

C2-N2: Whenever you are ready to depart, consult the galaxy map on the bridge. The ship's computers will handle the rest.

I was hoping for a big pallet of blasters, right where I left them – I still hadn't heard of Skavak selling them, after all. Maybe if they were there, I could still make Rogun's delivery and just eat a late fee instead of a never-ending conga-line of bounty hunters.

The blasters are gone. Instead, I find a weird collection of junk and a mysterious woman working away on a console like she didn't even hear me come in. Call me paranoid, but I kept my hand on my blaster. I didn't need another of Skavak's girlfriends causing me trouble.

Recommended for a mysterious lady Tara Strong!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zzz5mIjXqY

quote:

Quinine: Funny. I don't remember leaving a beautiful woman in my cargo hold. Must be my lucky day.

Risha: Depends on your definition of “lucky”.

quote:

Risha: He and I had a deal to deliver the things you see here.

Quinine: Now I'm all ears. Keep talking.

quote:

Quinine: Let's hear your offer, and we'll see.

Risha: My offer is simple: I make you filthy rich. It's a pretty straightforward business model.

Risha: What do you know... that's Skavak on the ship's holo. This should be an interesting conversation.

quote:

Skavak: Congratulations, Captain. You're officially number one on my list of people to kill.

Skavak: When I get my hands on you, you'll wish you'd never left Ord Mantell.

Quinine: Can't kill what you can't catch, Skavak. And you don't have a ship.

Skavak: Plenty of ships to steal on Coruscant. I'm sure I'll find something fast and deadly.

I'm not afraid of Skavak. Rogun, on the other hand... well, I knew I wasn't going to like what came next.

quote:

Skavak: I sold all those blasters you were supposed to deliver for him on Ord Mantell. Can't imagine he'll be happy you lost them.

Quinine: I'll make sure Rogun hears who really fouled things up for him.

Skavak: I'm sure you'll have lots to say while Rogun tortures you to death.

Looks like I better start sizing myself up for a butchering. Getting a galactic crime lord off your tail when he's set to bring you down isn't easy, even for me.

quote:

Risha: Are you done posturing, Skavak? The captain and I have cargo to deliver.

Skavak: Don't even think about cutting me out of this deal, Risha!

Risha: “Finders keepers.” Isn't that what you always say? Not my fault the captain here beat you to the big prize.

Taunting Skavak and making money? She certainly knows what buttons to push.

quote:

Risha: The items here are pieces to a key – a key that unlocks the lost treasure of a very rich dead man named Nok Drayen.

Quinine: Who's Nok Drayen?

Risha: Please tell me you're joking. The man was a criminal legend.

quote:

Risha: When he died ten years ago, Nok had more wealth than some Outer Rim worlds. Even the Hutts were jealous.

Quinine: Nok sounds like my kind of guy.

Ehhh, okay, maybe not my kind of guy exactly. Then again, I bet his risk of being butchered was pretty low.

quote:

Risha: Nok hid his fortune right before he died. For ten years, treasure hunters across the galaxy have searched for it in vain – until now.

Risha: You see, I've finally figured out how to get the lost riches of Nok Drayen.

Quinine: Sounds like you could use a professional.

Risha: Working with a professional would be refreshing.

Risha: Whoever gets Nok's riches will become an underworld legend. Skavak had his chance and blew it. Now it's your turn.

Risha: Help me deliver these things in your cargo hold, and Nok Drayen's wealth will be all yours.

It sounds like a pretty good deal, but with the situation I'm in and the amount of times I've been fooled, call me slow to trust.

quote:

Risha: That's fine, but if you want to be rich, you'll let me work for you.

Risha: I'm the only one who can help you trade these items to get Nok Drayen's treasure, but I won't tell you everything up front.

quote:

Quinine: You had me at riches.

Not like I've got much else to do at the moment anyway, especially with a price on my head – and it'll burn Skavak up knowing I'm scooping the deal he wanted so bad.

quote:

Risha: Then let's hit the hyperlanes.

Risha: We have deals set up on Taris and Nar Shaddaa. I'll make the arrangements and introductions for you on both planets.

Risha: Until then, I'll be in my bunk. That caged beast there isn't much good for conversation, so come visit if you feel like chatting.

quote:

Risha: That's a comfort.

Well well, looks like I might have to bring my A-game for this one.

So that's Risha. Whew. I can say a lot about Skavak, but I can't say he's got bad taste.

Whatever deal Risha cut with Skavak, it must be worth something. He was steamed when she ditched him. I get the feeling he's a guy who's not used to getting dumped.

Even if it is, though, I can tell there's something else going on here. She kept talking about how I'm going to be filthy rich, but she never said what she was getting out of the deal. A share of the treasure? Fame? Something she's not telling me? Maybe she told Skavak too much, and is playing it safe with me. Or, maybe she's just ready to ditch me the same way she ditched Skavak at the first sign of trouble.

It's not like I can afford to turn her down, though. I've got barely enough credits to keep my ship running, and I've got a lot of running to do these days. Plus if I'm ever going to get revenge on Skavak, chasing the treasure he wants so bad is the best way to draw him out.

I can worry about all that stuff later. First thing's first, I called Corso over from admiring the liquor cabinet and asked if he wanted to see what all our work was for.

Recommended for the open sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYY1YK1gmrE

drat it, Skavak messed up my playlist.

##End Log##

Albis09
Apr 30, 2013

Dead yeti-gain
Gotta say, Quinine has a good taste for music xD

Also, great pirate...criminal who hid a fortune somewhere on an island...I mean planet on the grand line....*hust* galaxy...
Where have I heard this one before?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
So, PTN made the videos of the Imperial space missions, who will take on the republic space missions?

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

I like the smuggler ship; it really looks like the old beater it's supposed to be, with those 70s-esque orange stripes on the bulkheads and the loose cable ducts snaking everywhere. It's also the only ship with a cocktail bar onboard.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Inferior posted:

It's also the only ship with a cocktail bar onboard.

The Agent's ship has one, too, if I remember right.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Inferior posted:

It's also the only ship with a cocktail bar onboard.

The Agent's ship has one, too, if I remember right.

The reason these two are clearly the best character classes in the game right there.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Servetus posted:

So, PTN made the videos of the Imperial space missions, who will take on the republic space missions?

I can if you really want to see them, though most of them are the roughly same IIRC.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 2, 2013

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I was planning on doing a few. You go through all that effort getting a starship, you want to show it off a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They're identical and you receive them in the same order, the only difference is the placement of the guns on the enemy capital ships (I find the Republic's small ships much easier to defang than the Imperial ones).

• Locked thread