Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sao
Sep 29, 2008
Haven't seen anything posted here yet so if you are on the fence about picking up the new Terror, get off the fence and go jam it. It's ridiculously good. Definitely head and shoulders above the last couple releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Firecube posted:

If you loved Stay On My Side Tonight, You'll probably love Futures too. Most of the songs on Stay On My Side Tonight are just Futures-era demos. Futures is my favorite JEW album and I highly recommend checking it out. While you're at it, give Bleed American another shot.

I listened to them both again, and I think I know what's up now. I really love when their guitarist flexes his mad skills, (poo poo like, "Futures", "Your New Aesthetic" and "Sweetness") but I'm not super big on their slower tracks. I would say I like them enough to listen to any given album all the way through, and some of them, like "A Praise Chorus" are really great. I kind of wish that they would just record an album that has stuff like the new single all the way through, because their lead guitarist writes really great stuff, and the rhythm and lead always have great harmonies going on, but I assume it'll probably stick to the structure most of the albums I've heard have.

In any case, thanks for reminding me about Futures, it's a great album, and I'll probably be listening to it a lot more in the future.

On a completely different note, I wish I had gotten into CELESTE earlier, because all of their stuff totally kills.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Is this the right place to talk about Frank Turner? Cause his new album is amazing.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
http://tighttothenail.bandcamp.com/
Hardcore/punk/metal sampler that two bands on my label are on. It's pretty good outside of those two bands, as well.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
86 Mentality reunion on Saturday night was loving insane. Cülo getting heckled so much they stopped playing after 3 or 4 songs in Richmond last night was pretty awesome too.

Dr. Video Games 0041
Sep 15, 2007

He's watching you!

answersyouseek posted:

86 Mentality reunion on Saturday night was loving insane. Cülo getting heckled so much they stopped playing after 3 or 4 songs in Richmond last night was pretty awesome too.

Shame too, the rest of the show last night was pretty killer. I don't know what the hell was going on with Cülo. The heckling was hilarious though.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Cülo is playing here tonight. What are they?

edit: I mean, why did they get heckled.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Dr. Video Games 0041 posted:

Shame too, the rest of the show last night was pretty killer. I don't know what the hell was going on with Cülo. The heckling was hilarious though.

Who are you?

Dr. Video Games 0041
Sep 15, 2007

He's watching you!

Name is Rich, I was staggering around last night wearing a shirt with a corgi jumping through an inverted cross. That was actually the first time I've been to that spot that hasn't ended with the cops busting it up.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Dr. Video Games 0041 posted:

Name is Rich, I was staggering around last night wearing a shirt with a corgi jumping through an inverted cross. That was actually the first time I've been to that spot that hasn't ended with the cops busting it up.

I'm Kevin I play guitar in unholy thoughts and devils hand. Come say hello next time

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

nomapple posted:

Well it looks like CTTS will be at Fluff. I hope they've rebooked Code Orange Kids as well!

Holy shitttttt this rules :woop: :woop:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The new Octaves record is pretty kewl

http://www.noisecreep.com/2013/04/16/octaves-which-way-the-wind-blows-album-stream/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Code Orange Kids track off the new 4 way split is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQmkBKSDWFY

these kids are doin' a great job.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm not too into Code Orange Kids, but I really like that track.

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"
Record Store Day gave us another new Jimmy Eat World song. I'm definitely feeling the first song more than this one, but it's still pretty good. It looks like they're going for an older vibe throughout, which is nice. I liked the last two albums, but they just don't hold up compared to classic JEW.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

If you have the chance to see Landbridge on tour right now, take it. They are super nice folks and they are absolutely killer live.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
It took me forever to get to but the new F4AF is loving great. I'm not even a huge pop-punk fan nowadays but their album delivers exactly what I expected from them and it's really good.

Does this make me a bad person?

Firecube
Feb 15, 2012

"What do you mean we usually just play dead? Are you telling me I've been doing this whole opossum thing wrong for 20 years??!!!"

Klaus Kinski posted:

It took me forever to get to but the new F4AF is loving great. I'm not even a huge pop-punk fan nowadays but their album delivers exactly what I expected from them and it's really good.

Does this make me a bad person?

Not at all. It's fantastic. It doesn't top Casually Dressed for me, but I don't think any other release of theirs ever will.

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010

answersyouseek posted:

I'm Kevin I play guitar in unholy thoughts and devils hand. Come say hello next time

Holy poo poo! I cannot stop listening to The Attic, it's been on repeat for at least a week. I saw you guys in the fall but I didn't understand just how good that album is until now. Please play more DC shows when I'm back in September, TIA.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.
edit: nevermind

Megiddo fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 29, 2013

Speewah
May 28, 2011

cf posted:

http://tighttothenail.bandcamp.com/
Hardcore/punk/metal sampler that two bands on my label are on. It's pretty good outside of those two bands, as well.

Slowly making my way through this, some cool stuff.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Tshirt Ninja posted:

Holy poo poo! I cannot stop listening to The Attic, it's been on repeat for at least a week. I saw you guys in the fall but I didn't understand just how good that album is until now. Please play more DC shows when I'm back in September, TIA.

Awesome I'm glad you like it. We will try to get back up there in the fall. I think that's when we are aiming to do some touring so that should work out

Hidden Mother
Nov 12, 2012
Anyone in the UK planning on going to the last ever Texas Is The Reason show in London? They pretty much got me into emo so I feel I kind of have to.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Would Ted Leo chat be part of this thread?

I just told over the story of how he got his rear end kicked after sucker punching Robert Pollard in the Guided by Voices thread and I realized I haven't listened to his records in a while.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

No, but Chris Leo chat definitely would.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

While I'm in the thread, there's a slight chance I might be doing an emo show on my local college radio station soon.

The catch is that I am staff at the university and part of my job is doing engineering for the station, so I decided I should run it by my boss thinking there was no way he'd say anything other than "sure, go for it" - but instead he's going to think about whether he'll let me do it. It's a student-run station and the student staff have all approved it, but I get the feeling he doesn't want me to do it.

If that ends up being the case, I'm thinking I might start up an emo/screamo/skramz internet radio station. As far as I know, there really aren't any out there. Unless you count this one:

quote:

Screamo-Emo - ROCKRADIO.COM
Recently played: Paramore - Careful

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Hidden Mother posted:

Anyone in the UK planning on going to the last ever Texas Is The Reason show in London? They pretty much got me into emo so I feel I kind of have to.

The idea that TITR wouldn't play their last show in Texas is unreasonably upsetting.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Megiddo posted:

While I'm in the thread, there's a slight chance I might be doing an emo show on my local college radio station soon.

The catch is that I am staff at the university and part of my job is doing engineering for the station, so I decided I should run it by my boss thinking there was no way he'd say anything other than "sure, go for it" - but instead he's going to think about whether he'll let me do it. It's a student-run station and the student staff have all approved it, but I get the feeling he doesn't want me to do it.

If that ends up being the case, I'm thinking I might start up an emo/screamo/skramz internet radio station. As far as I know, there really aren't any out there. Unless you count this one:

Geez, why is this something he has to think about it? My college station was always cool with anyone in the university doing a show and was also student-run. And in the summer it's open to the public, so I'll be returning with my own punk/emo/hardcore/whatever show on Wednesdays from 3-5 on WPTS Pittsburgh if anyone is interested.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

new Night Birds EP is out

http://night-birds.bandcamp.com/album/maimed-for-the-masses

rips as usual

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Fluff Fest lineup preview is up: https://www.facebook.com/events/172f487039542398/

quote:

Agent Attitude (swe)
Arabrot (nor)
As We Were (us)
Between Earth And Sky (us)
Bernay's Propaganda (mac)
Birds In Row (fra)
The Black Heart Rebellion (bel)
Catharsis (us)
Circle Takes The Square (us)
Citizens Patrol (ned)
Clear View (bra)
Code Orange Kids (us)
Coke Bust (us)
Coliseum (us)
Dangers (us)
Deathrite (ger)
Defiance, Ohio (us)
Die! Die! Die! (ned)
Downfall Of Gaia (ger)
Drom (cze)
En Mi Defensa (chi)
Enough (us)
Esa z lesa (cze)
Full Of Hell (us)
Geraniüm (bel)
Goodtime Boys (uk)
Government Flu (pol)
Gride (cze)
Grinding Halt (ned)
Harm's Way (us)
Hessian (bel)
Holy (ita)
Hounds Of Hate (us)
Kain (aut)
Martyrdod (swe)
Mnmnts (ger)
Mouth Of The Architect (us)
██████ (cze)
No Guts No Glory (fra)
No Weather Talks (ger)
Nothing (ger)
Oathbreaker (bel)
Overthrown (mal)
Painted Wolves (swe)
Reason To Care (ger)
Remission (chi)
Risk It (ger)
Sectarian Violence (swe)
Sheeva Yoga (cze)
Strike Anywhere (us)
Violant Reaction (uk)
Vitamin X (ned)
We Came Out Like Tigers (uk)
Wolf Down (ger)
Xaxaxa (mac)
Xerxes (us)
...more bands to be announced over next few weeks.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
RE: Fluff lineup: MARTYRDOD!!!!

Also the Code Orange Kids/TWIABPAIANATD/Tigers Jaw/Self Defence Family split is really good. Also, everyone listen to the Tel Fyr / Todos Caerán Split LP if you like the more "epic" variety or screamo. Although I hate the description of "progressive black metal influenced screamo", I won't lie, it sounds awesome.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

nomapple posted:

Also the Code Orange Kids/TWIABPAIANATD/Tigers Jaw/Self Defence Family split is really good. Also, everyone listen to the Tel Fyr / Todos Caerán Split LP if you like the more "epic" variety or screamo. Although I hate the description of "progressive black metal influenced screamo", I won't lie, it sounds awesome.

This is kewl and I wish the pre-order were up because I'm gonna forget about it by the time it's on the NA label's (Pint Sized Records?) site.

carnassials
Jan 5, 2013

nomapple posted:

Morrowind screamo? I never would have imagined.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
This cover is endlessly entertaining for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj2SXg7jmZU

I also loving love that painting.

EDIT: And I'm pumped as hell for DFA1979 with hosed Up in June.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 2, 2013

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
^^^ A lot of people seemed to miss that on RSD, and Deathwish has the rest of the pressing (thought none of the RSD-exclusive red) up on their webstore here. Figured I'd share, just ordered mine in pink.

Hidden Mother
Nov 12, 2012
Black Flag release a new one: http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/05/black-flag-release-new-song-comment-on-flag/

Christ, this is bad.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
Yes little boy, This is a bunch of Colt 45, and yes that is a Down With Nothing shirt i am wearing. I know it's covered in X's, now please kindly gently caress off and dont come back till you can sepperate good music from a sometimes somewhat pretentious ideology. Also you look like your 14, call me when you hit drinking age. And have bills.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

AcidRonin posted:

Yes little boy, This is a bunch of Colt 45, and yes that is a Down With Nothing shirt i am wearing. I know it's covered in X's, now please kindly gently caress off and dont come back till you can sepperate good music from a sometimes somewhat pretentious ideology. Also you look like your 14, call me when you hit drinking age. And have bills.

*Peels away from the venue in mom's old 1998 Volvo Station Wagon*

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

AcidRonin posted:

Down With Nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Picked up my Ybor Pre-Fest tickets! :toot: