Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

JT Jag posted:

Protip: never google anything from this LP ever, you are at constant risk of endgame spoilers if you google even the most innocuous-seeming things.

It honestly surprises me that people don't behave this way for everything that they don't want spoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

HelloWinter posted:

Uhh, please don't google it, silly.

For the record, searching Kirakira is almost certainly not going to bring up terms related to Danganronpa.

Edit: People can be really touchy about unrelated things so I guess I'll edit this out to be safe.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Harvey Gundam attorney at law?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Anatharon posted:

For the record, searching Kirakira is almost certainly not going to bring up terms related to Danganronpa.

It doesn't. It brings up an American young adult book and a completely unrelated visual novel. Absolutely nothing to do with this game at all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HelloWinter posted:

Uhh, please don't google it, silly.

That goes for TVTropes, too. They have two pages for this game.

One following this thread, and another with spoilers for the whole game.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
I just want to take this time to mention that I really, really hope that if Kirakira appears in the game they won't be a walking Death Note reference and instead be someone wearing the gaudiest glitteriest suit known to man. Because that's seriously all I can think of after reading that name a million times.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Miss Kalle posted:

I just want to take this time to mention that I really, really hope that if Kirakira appears in the game they won't be a walking Death Note reference and instead be someone wearing the gaudiest glitteriest suit known to man. Because that's seriously all I can think of after reading that name a million times.

Yeah Kirakira is an actual word.

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

ID: ththththt
PASS: hthththth
I would rather not have a Syo Mk.2 character in DR2, but Peko does seems suspicious.

After all, her voice actor was specifically requested right? The voice actor who is best known for Sailor Moon, the sparkly (kirakira) Soldier of Love and Justice. Of course this is just baseless speculation. But if Monobear's voice actor was the only other specifically requested voice actor, it might be important in being a reference to another role.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

saihate posted:

I would rather not have a Syo Mk.2 character in DR2, but Peko does seems suspicious.

After all, her voice actor was specifically requested right? The voice actor who is best known for Sailor Moon, the sparkly (kirakira) Soldier of Love and Justice. Of course this is just baseless speculation. But if Monobear's voice actor was the only other specifically requested voice actor, it might be important in being a reference to another role.

Sonia's was also specifically requested. It may or may not mean anything, though my guess is they'll last at least till next chapter.

I'm still suspicious of Nanami - she seems almost too competent, and with her shooing us away from the ruins will most likely be important down the road.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah, this is a fantastic tip. I'd been ardently following it, since the first LP when one day I stupidly googled a DR2 character's name. Google's first recommended search was "[REDACTED] execution" :suicide:

The only reason I'd be half willing to dismiss that is that I suspect lots of people would just be searching for executions of every character, whether they actually happen or not.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

Kirakira's true identity is clearly going to be Kiraman.

taniada
Feb 19, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

It's like how Ted Bundy got love letters while in jail. People like that really exist.

I guess it's an interesting twist, but I'm not sure how I feel about it on the whole. It seems that at this point the protagonist is almost the only one who's psychologically normal.

Pretty much. It's not all that uncommon for serial killers to have groupies and people sending them love letters and such. It's not like it's all that prevalent, but it's prevalent enough that there's actually a name for it (hybristophilia) and it's considered a type of paraphilia.

Richard Ramirez married one of his admirers when he was in jail: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/ramirez/terror_1.html

But anyway -- Sonia just got creepy, haha. It's a shame Souda wasn't there, his reaction might've been interesting.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

orenronen posted:

Before we begin the update proper, I’d like to present a special extra video, featuring special guest Slowbeef. Enjoy!

Extra 1 (Youtube via Polsy)

It's....it's Thin Ice! :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSzlnJYgzpE

It seems to lack the tricky gameplay element of, 'if the targets touch your outlines, your lines disappear and you have to re-loop them.' Unless there's an enemy-type in later levels/higher difficulties that do that?

Did I miss something, or was Monomi completely unable to bounce on the monobeast while in Usami mode? Is she supposed to just circle the boss when invincible instead of headstomp or summin? You said that you only do that when the beast is stunned, but with Usami doing nothing, I was just curious.

Falling Stars
Mar 22, 2013

When I think about helping everyone, I feel brave!
What a cute extra video!! It was interesting to hear Orenronen and Slowbeef, and to see Monomi's game.
It seems Hinata sort of has a soft spot for Nanami though, with the way he was saying she had her ("annoying") angelic smile? I don't know that might just be me.

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

I wonder if the fact that Sonia can read so many languages while the others (or at least Hinata) can't is going to play a role later. From Fedule's translation it seems like she didn't make anything up about the pamphlet, but she could easily "read" something to Hinata and have it be completely false information.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Coco Bear posted:

I wonder if both games actually take place at the same time. It's possible the school is just in ruins on the outside, and it looks like the valve door is closed, so maybe the kids from the first game are still inside. The machinegun fire they heard may have been from when the monobeast killed Usami.
I mean, probably not, especially considering Togami is part of both groups, but I figured I might as well bring it up.

I was thinking the same thing. The building on this new island seems the same as Hope's Peak Academy and the front doors are barricaded in the same way, which if it was only a replica of the school it wouldn't need. At the end of Dangan Rompa 1 we saw the doors open from the inside of the school, but didn't get a look outside, so they could have been walking out onto Jabberwock Island. If the school we are seeing now is the setting of Dangan Rompa 1 then we are probably seeing it before the doors were unsealed to let the survivors from the first game out.

Also if the two games are happening simultaneously then it could be Junko controlling both Monobears since they would be pretty close in proximity to each other. For the Togami thing, I have been thinking since I saw he was a cast member in this that one of the Byakuya Togamis was actually a Super High School Level Con Artist which would explain why their weights were different.

Dereich
Feb 20, 2013

logger posted:

I was thinking the same thing. The building on this new island seems the same as Hope's Peak Academy and the front doors are barricaded in the same way, which if it was only a replica of the school it wouldn't need. At the end of Dangan Rompa 1 we saw the doors open from the inside of the school, but didn't get a look outside, so they could have been walking out onto Jabberwock Island. If the school we are seeing now is the setting of Dangan Rompa 1 then we are probably seeing it before the doors were unsealed to let the survivors from the first game out.

Also if the two games are happening simultaneously then it could be Junko controlling both Monobears since they would be pretty close in proximity to each other. For the Togami thing, I have been thinking since I saw he was a cast member in this that one of the Byakuya Togamis was actually a Super High School Level Con Artist which would explain why their weights were different.

Doesn't really make sense. Not unless the city where Hope's Peak was located was transformed into a tropical island by the Monoworld events or Junko somehow managed to move it there without damaging the building it can't be the same place at the same time. And didn't Monobear or Junko mentioned that there were groups of people trying to break down the door and free the DR1 students? I think I remember them hearing something at the door at one point.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Considering the insane, almost unimaginable resources the school has, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a secondary branch of the academy.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Neeksy posted:

Considering the insane, almost unimaginable resources the school has, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a secondary branch of the academy.

Complete with bank vault style blast door?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stroth posted:

Complete with bank vault style blast door?

No expense spared to protect our youth. :911:

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Dereich posted:

Doesn't really make sense. Not unless the city where Hope's Peak was located was transformed into a tropical island by the Monoworld events or Junko somehow managed to move it there without damaging the building it can't be the same place at the same time. And didn't Monobear or Junko mentioned that there were groups of people trying to break down the door and free the DR1 students? I think I remember them hearing something at the door at one point.

Like the post I quoted said, the machine gun fire could have been from when Usumi got killed by the monobeasts, the building was right across from the bridge where the Jabberwock statue was. There was no guarantee that Junko was telling the truth when she said people were trying to rescue the first class.

What reason do we have that Dangan Rompa 1 even took place at the site of the school in the opening? The Hope's Peak Academy we saw had all that space carved out under it for the executions and the courtroom, plus it had a giant trash pit underneath. Moving a school to an island doesn't sound as implausible as installing a giant conveyor belt and a mechanical press underneath a school without damaging the foundation. If the school is on a man-made island now they could have could pre-built the elevator to the courtroom and also the stages for the executions before moving the school onto the site.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
It has been a bit of a long time since I read it but didn't DR Zero imply that the first game took place in a old not used school building? Like the one we see in the opening shots of both game isn't even the exact place where DR1 takes place.
I remember at least the novel mentioning that there was once just a building with classrooms, library, labs etc all together(like in DR1) but then they built special school buildings for each thing....like a building for science and one for literature and the old building isn't used anymore.

I think that was in the chapter dedicated to Ryouko talking about the school.

EDIt: Ok I just checked and Ryouko does mention that new buildings are being built and that there many ones that focus only on some things but I didn't see anything about a old school building so it's on another part of the novel...or I just got confused with the preparatory school that is mentioned in the same chapter...ok never mind, maybe the building we see is the original school bulding but they built all the other ones around it and the headmaster decided to use the biggest and oldest one to lock the students.

IceBorg fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 6, 2013

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

IceBorg posted:

It has been a bit of a long time since I read it but didn't DR Zero imply that the first game took place in a old not used school building? Like the one we see in the opening shots of both game isn't even the exact place where DR1 takes place.
I remember at least the novel mentioning that there was once just a building with classrooms, library, labs etc all together(like in DR1) but then they built special school buildings for each thing....like a building for science and one for literature and the old building isn't used anymore.

I think that was in the chapter dedicated to Ryouko talking about the school.

EDIt: Ok I just checked and Ryouko does mention that new buildings are being built and that there many ones that focus only on some things but I didn't see anything about a old school building so it's on another part of the novel...or I just got confused with the preparatory school that is mentioned in the same chapter...ok never mind, maybe the building we see is the original school bulding but they built all the other ones around it and the headmaster decided to use the biggest and oldest one to lock the students.

I found what you're thinking of. It's in chapter 5:

orenronen posted:

According to my map, Hope’s Peak Academy’s campus is shaped like a large diamond. It’s divided into four quarters - East, West, South and North, each the size of a full-scale regular high-school. The East quarter - through which I walked now - was the heart of the academy, where the buildings and facilities used by the main school are located. Many of its buildings were still under construction, but there were also several magnificent, envy-inducing research buildings for various fields, much like Matsuda-kun’s Biology Building. In addition, it seems this quarter is also home to the staff building, which students are forbidden to enter.

Then there’s the west quarter. It seems the buildings and facilities for the preparatory school are located there, but I don’t think I’ve ever visited it. Unfortunately, there isn’t much written in my notebook about it.

The south quarter is where Hope’s Peak Academy’s student dormitories are. In addition, it seems there’s a convenience store, a bookstore, and various other shops where necessary supplies can be bought. By the way, it seems only students belonging to the main school are allowed to live in the dorms, and that it’s a special perk that doesn’t even cost money.

Then there’s the north quarter, which is apparently currently vacant. The only thing left there is the old school building, which was still in use until just recently. For the time being it seems it’s been left neglected, so naturally entrance is forbidden. In other words, there isn’t much to say about it.

Finally, at the very center of the campus, surrounded by the four quarters, is the “central plaza” - a large park-like space overgrown with trees. It’s often used as a relaxation area for the students, but it appears entry is forbidden between 10 at night and 7 in the morning. Well, I don’t plan on walking around in the middle of the night, so it seems it has nothing to do with me.

Hope's Peak having more than one building is a bit of a retcon from the first game, and they actually changed what the overhead shot the school looks like in DR2 to imply the campus is larger than just the one building:

DR1:

DR2:

actually looking at it, that road in the upper left looks like poo poo

I think the implications from DR0 are supposed to be that the incident where Kamukura slaughtered 13 kids took place in the old school building, and it closed down because of the cover-up. Then DR1 took place in that building, and so the kids found the murder-room, which was the scene of Kamukura's crime. That it's the "old building" and the only building on that part of campus is the retcon-explanation for why it seemed like the only building on campus in DR1.

This hasn't been explicitly spelled out though, so I could be totally off base. I think it's what we're being led to think, though.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
This is loving ridiculous now. I've been spoiled for every single murder and for a murderer because some people don't seem to realise that the anticipation is part of the game.
If you see anything DR2 related, be it on Tumblr or here or even some little lovely forum, just leave the website, because chances are you'll be spoilt.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Roro posted:

This is loving ridiculous now. I've been spoiled for every single murder and for a murderer because some people don't seem to realise that the anticipation is part of the game.
If you see anything DR2 related, be it on Tumblr or here or even some little lovely forum, just leave the website, because chances are you'll be spoilt.

Welcome to the internet, where everything about everything is spoiled minutes after release, or even before release. If you wanted to remain unspoiled, you shouldn't have gone searching.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Brony Hunter posted:

Welcome to the internet, where everything about everything is spoiled minutes after release, or even before release. If you wanted to remain unspoiled, you shouldn't have gone searching.

The worst part is, I wasn't looking!
Just scrolled down a page and bam! Pictures of murder scenes and the name of a murderer.

BottledBacon
Sep 4, 2011

The same great taste with none of the chewing!

Roro posted:

The worst part is, I wasn't looking!
Just scrolled down a page and bam! Pictures of murder scenes and the name of a murderer.

I think looking up anything to do with the game apart from this specific thread is considered 'Looking for Spoilers' this is the only page on the internet (Apart from that one TV Tropes page based on the thread) where this exact point forward is spoilers.

It's been said a million times in this thread by everyone involved, if you don't want to be spoiled don't search the game, at all. Simple as that.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

BottledBacon posted:

I think looking up anything to do with the game apart from this specific thread is considered 'Looking for Spoilers' this is the only page on the internet (Apart from that one TV Tropes page based on the thread) where this exact point forward is spoilers.

It's been said a million times in this thread by everyone involved, if you don't want to be spoiled don't search the game, at all. Simple as that.

I wouldn't even go on that TVTropes page, given anyone can edit that site and all it takes is one "funny" jackass editing spoilers in at the exact moment you read the page...

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm honestly surprised nobody's just flat out trolled either thread and posted all the spoilers in gigantic flaming text yet.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

BottledBacon posted:

I don't think you get it. I was on an unrelated page, scrolled down, and got spoilers.
The only warning I got was a brief flash of a gif saying "Super Dangan Ronpa 2!"
THis is on a forum that is about a farming game, I think I'm justified in not expecting spoilers there.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Roro posted:

I don't think you get it. I was on an unrelated page, scrolled down, and got spoilers.
The only warning I got was a brief flash of a gif saying "Super Dangan Ronpa 2!"
THis is on a forum that is about a farming game, I think I'm justified in not expecting spoilers there.

:raise: I'm kinda finding this a little hard to believe, but maybe you should have stopped reading? Stopped looking at the pictures? Stopped scrolling down? I would have just closed my eyes at the first pic, gone "NOPE" and flung my mouse in the general direction of the Close Tab button.

I'm just trying to figure out what loving led you to stumble upon a trove of SDR2 spoilers on, quote, an "unrelated page" on a forum "about a farming game".

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Color Printer posted:

:raise: I'm kinda finding this a little hard to believe, but maybe you should have stopped reading? Stopped looking at the pictures? Stopped scrolling down? I would have just closed my eyes at the first pic, gone "NOPE" and flung my mouse in the general direction of the Close Tab button.

I'm just trying to figure out what loving led you to stumble upon a trove of SDR2 spoilers on, quote, an "unrelated page" on a forum "about a farming game".

They have a nonfarming games section. I went on it and someone had posted gifs. Didn't notice that the gifs showed the murder scenes.

But whatever, I'm just a dumbass I guess. Serves me right and all that.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Color Printer posted:

See I would have gone one step further:

Can't be too careful.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Requested_Username posted:

I'm honestly surprised nobody's just flat out trolled either thread and posted all the spoilers in gigantic flaming text yet.

That'd be the quickest permaban anyone has ever seen. For content: I wonder what the next death/murderer combo will be.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

numerrik posted:

That'd be the quickest permaban anyone has ever seen. For content: I wonder what the next death/murderer combo will be.

Nidai gives himself a fatal stroke shouting at Komaeda.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The girl with bananahair kills one of the animal breeders pets, he flips out and kills her in return. Alternatively, he only threatens her then someone else (mechanic?) kills him and frames her for it.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
It's really been said time and again, this is the only safe spot for a non-spoiler walkthrough of the game.

You really can't look up innocuous things. It's stupid, but hey, Internet.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I'm going to guess the next murder will involve the serial killer we just heard about, as was discussed a couple of pages ago. Either a genuine victim, or a fakeout like last game. You don't usually bring something like that up without using it, so the odds of him/her being Chekhov's Serial Killer are quite high.

Thing is, this serial killer only kills villains. So who in our cast qualifies as a villain?

* Komaeda, obviously.
* Gundam goes out of his way to sound like a villain, but never does anything villainous. Maybe a partial?
* Kuzuryuu is an honest-to-god gangster and is probably a prime target.
* Sonia idolizes serial killers but we don't know that she has done anything wrong herself.
* Saionji is clearly some kind of psychopath. On the other hand, also a little girl.

I don't think any of the others have much to recommend them as villains, exactly. And if one of the students is the vigilante, who could it be?

* Hinata, although probably it's too soon to be messing with him.
* Komaeda is crazy enough, but based on how he acted in the last case it would be unlikely that he'd go around killing bad guys.
* Souda looks menacing but is actually kind of cowardly.
* Gundam talks the crazy comic talk but his specialty is hamster training. Unless the victims were all nibbled to death it seems unlikely.
* Mikan might be a clever cover but, if so, that is one hell of a cover.
* Nidai is a good candidate here. Certainly seems strong enough, likes to go overboard and act rashly. Could see him deciding that bad guys weren't living up to the ideals of BEING A MAAAAAN.
* Kuzuryuu could be some kind of double-agent but nah.
* Peko is a good candidate too, since she's clearly a martial artist and seems like she might be in the same old-fashioned mold as Sakura (although not exactly). Plus she was interested in Sonia talking about her.
* Sonia is almost certainly not, despite bringing her up. It doesn't fit.
* Akane is, oddly, another good candidate. She's in excellent shape, also impulsive, and she knows what blood smells like and seems to have some weirdly acute senses. She could pull off Daredevil.

I don't think any of the others are even worth considering.

So, looking at the lists, I think the most likely options would be either Komaeda or Kuzuryuu murdered by Nidai, Peko, or Akane. (And one of these days I'll figure out whether to call people by their first or last names.)

Skyla
Apr 29, 2013
My guess for the next death will be that photographer girl, Mahiru. Just the whole set up with her and Saionji just leads me to believe either one of them will be the focus of the next trial.

It just seems more likely it's going to be her than Saionji.

Saionji has a bit of character left to be discovered, and let's face it Mahiru is pretty bland.

If it's the other way around and Saionji dies, I'd be a little shocked that they'd kill off such an entertaining character so soon.

But we'll see soon won't we?

Also...Nidai sure is subtle isn't he? CLEARLY something happened to Komaeda and he was involved. XD

That scream and crash was probably caused by Nidai. (Or maybe even souda.)

I bet Nidai punched Komaeda across the room and then Souda rolled him into some duct tape "katamari-style". lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

idonotlikepeas posted:

* Saionji is clearly some kind of psychopath. On the other hand, also a little girl.

Do we actually know how old she is? Like, did she skip a couple of classes due to her super high school level ability, or is she just a midget who likes to play at being younger than she is?

• Locked thread