Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mahazuhul
Feb 15, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

The most recent comment I got in the EU was a guy mentioning how he doesn't see many of us in Europe and then trying to add me as a friend :-)

Yeah, that was me. :D Haven't been active in the thread for a while. Good to see new people in the EU GOON clan!

mahazuhul fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

mahazuhul posted:

Yeah, that was me. :D Haven't been active in the thread for a while. Good to see new people in the EU GOON clan!

Ha!

It would probably help if the clan system didn't feel like it was from a game made 5 years ago.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

From...

quote:

Uhh....Sorry to be kinda broad about this, but....Aren't a lot of GOON [in all games] hackers? I get not everyone does, but a good number of the people I see with GOON tags in games are either trolling hard or hacking....To the point that I was trolled by them in three different games [though one may be because I pissed off people].

Is there jsut a new GOON guild out there, or.....are you guys saying you're Civil on BLR? <w<

edit: Also, hacking is becoming wide spread on BLR, and PWE is taking the same approch a lot of premium pay games [games that are a step below P2W, so you guys don't get butthurt on the term] do, and won't ban until it's a big issue, because, hey, they may hack, but they need speciic items to do it with well, so they may pay us monnez

quote:

I didn't know there were any goons playing BLR. I thought most of you guys were out in nullsec playing chicken with titans and getting CCP to bend to your will (allegedly), or whatever it is you do out there. You guys have a lot of power in that game and that is scary, especially with Mittani at the helm.

I also am down for Blacklight Constables. #BLRFUZZ2013

I could read stuff like this all day :allears:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Artificer posted:

I think I can wait. I'll get exmags on the AK and HE grenades before I'll do anything. That'll give me some time to think about it.

Edit: So I guess what you guys recommend the most is waiting for the Fox+Cat/BreakGuard/Colossus combo and instead just spend the GP on souping up my AK, shotgun, and other toys? Did you guys go for intermediaries or did you stick with a 208/210 build until you hit the levels required for those armor bits?

Yeah, if you want to go ahead and pick up the WarmongerL1 chest if you want to get something right now. I’m still getting used to GP falling out of the sky like candy and the armor costing half what it used to. You used to have to play 75 to 85 games to get enough GP to unlock a single piece of armor. Now you can do it in half that if not a quarter. Hell, I'll probably buy it too just to have all the 2 slot items.

Lima posted:

From...

:words: :furcry: :pcgaming:

I could read stuff like this all day :allears:

100% pure gold. Besides our lust for pubbie tears in game it probably doesn't help that I'm the only person with anything GOON related in their signature (that I've seen) on the :furcry: forums and I am a complete rear end in a top hat. Unlike those deep cover GOONs who are nice and actually try to be helpful. I'm looking at you "fleapants".

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 2, 2013

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Sometimes I see players who don't have tactical gear backpacks. Is there a speed bonus to be had by not equipping one?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skyscraper posted:

Sometimes I see players who don't have tactical gear backpacks. Is there a speed bonus to be had by not equipping one?

Some people just don't want to spend the GP on a backpack.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Skyscraper posted:

They are really expensive, basically. You could buy like two whole guns for the price of one backpack.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

They are really expensive, basically. You could buy like two whole guns for the price of one backpack.

I really wish they had dropped the GP price of the tactical gear to match the armor. Oh well. At least it's much easier to come by 11,000 funbucks these days.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Missions also drop 7-day tactical backpacks like candy, you will usually always have some good one available (since only the HRV Ping and the ammo pod are really crap), so I think they are now much less of a purchasing priority. Though that makes it stranger to still see people without one.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Yeah, the first purchase of a revive pack broke the bank for me, and it's taking weeks to save up for a medic kit too, but it's crazy to think that people would forego an entire (really important) gear slot just for more guns. Especially when, for instance, the medic and engineer kits are themselves capable of dealing damage when all your other guns are empty.

I tried out the ammo pod and it really was terrible. It might have been OK if it actually recharged like the medic kit, but it didn't seem to.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Unlike those deep cover GOONs who are nice and actually try to be helpful. I'm looking at you "fleapants".

I'm deep undercover to steal their secrets and destroy their fleets! Because that's what goons do, right? :regd09:

VV - Yep, OS can be pretty good for GP/XP. The hardest part is getting three others who doesn't run around in circles.

Lima fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 2, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy cow. It seems like even medium difficulty OS is great for both GP and XP. Or does it only seem like it because each match goes on for so long?

XL Mags on AK 470 perm'ed.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

the GP is pretty much just time based, but the xp on medium is probably improved markedly by the sheer number of bronze tokens dropped left and right by regular zombies. It's a shame nobody seems to play it, even on easy.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hell, I might get in on that more after I complete a few daily missions that I go for, generally. If there are goons on that are willing to join me, the more the merrier.

I did a medium OS today where I had 2.5x the kills of the player in 2nd place. We lost. I can only carry so hard against AI. :(

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Azzanadra posted:

the GP is pretty much just time based, but the xp on medium is probably improved markedly by the sheer number of bronze tokens dropped left and right by regular zombies. It's a shame nobody seems to play it, even on easy.

I don't play it because they don't allow mid-game joining. If a server has players, it's usually not in intermission. Which is too bad, I'd totally play half a game of that, even if the first few waves are the best in terms of effort for funbux.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I haven't played OS in forever either, someone remind me - can you get any gold tokens at all on Medium, or do they only begin to appear on Hard?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

I haven't played OS in forever either, someone remind me - can you get any gold tokens at all on Medium, or do they only begin to appear on Hard?

They do drop on Medium yeah, but not a lot.

e: VV Gold gives 500gp tokens, silver 100gp tokens and bronze 2000xp.

Lima fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 3, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I got a few, yeah. Not many though. Gold is GP, silver is....what? Bronze is xp I'm pretty sure.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I would be totally in for some Onslaught some time, because pubbies are awful.

Also add me in on this GOONS nonsense, my name is Maeski in game.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009

Skyscraper posted:

I tried out the ammo pod and it really was terrible. It might have been OK if it actually recharged like the medic kit, but it didn't seem to.
What I don't get is why it doesn't just give you more ammo. That would seem to be the appropriate thing. Especially since the model has a freaking Swarm rocket on it!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Do you get more exp for your time in onslaught than you do playing normal games?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Mae posted:

I would be totally in for some Onslaught some time, because pubbies are awful.

Also add me in on this GOONS nonsense, my name is Maeski in game.

Fire me a friend request and an in game mail. Mention the thread, who you are, and favorite Bond film. I'll add you next time we are both on at the same time. (seriously no idea why they do it that way)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

How popular are the ArmCom Piranha legs? They add decent health for less run/stamina penalties than the Diamondback. Thinking of combining it with the Warmonger chest piece if it's something I might also end up using in other builds in the future.

Edit: VVV Well, I certainly enjoy being special. :downs: I'll pass.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 3, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Artificer posted:

How popular are the ArmCom Piranha legs? They add decent health for less run/stamina penalties than the Diamondback. Thinking of combining it with the Warmonger chest piece if it's something I might also end up using in other builds in the future.

Not very. The Colossus legs give the same HP and slots but with better stamina. That said, you can buy them now and not wait. Depends on your priorities. That and you could be a unique snow flake at the price of a little stamina.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The Frag does 400 damage over 10 meters, and the HE does 500 damage over 6.5 meters. Why is the HE considered better? Both numbers are higher than the health pool of any player.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Artificer posted:

The Frag does 400 damage over 10 meters, and the HE does 500 damage over 6.5 meters. Why is the HE considered better? Both numbers are higher than the health pool of any player.

The damage drop-off from the center of the blast is pretty significant. With a tighter blast-radius, you get a smaller drop-off. Coupled with the higher damage output of the HE grenade, and you tend to do more damage with it, if not outright kill someone.

Generally, your grenades are either going to be used to simply flush someone out of an area without really damaging them, or they're going to kill them before they can react. In my experience, there's very little in-between.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So, yesterday I ran into a clan stack.

After that game they started vote-kicking people out, including me after the first round of S+D.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

So, yesterday I ran into a clan stack.

After that game they started vote-kicking people out, including me after the first round of S+D.

And they think GOONs are Brazilian tier? Ha! Clearly we still have a lot to learn.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
When you just can't seem to carry your team:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Hmm second night I've gone to play and second night EU servers are down :(

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

Hmm second night I've gone to play and second night EU servers are down :(

Yeah, there's a new cashcow on the field and it's getting all PWE's attention.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

SCS1XPW - free 1-day Striker premade Heavy Assault Rifle

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I really wish there was a way for me to get a perm'd Katana somehow. I got a 7 day from a mission pack and ran around with it on Onslaught and it was some of the most fun I've had in this game. :(

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It's not possible to get a 0 aim spread HAR anymore is it?

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Mine is 0.25 and I think that is the lowest you can get,

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

^ You can get a bit lower than that :v:

Using Two-Step/Jurisdiction/ACP-3 Collapsible:
SMG: 0.72
M4: 0.20
AR: 0.50
BPFA: 0.40 (TechBar, A4-BS)
BFR: 0.00 (A4-BS)
AK: 0.20
HAR: 0.06
LMG: 0.57
LMG-R: 0.11

You can use a few other parts than those I listed; V2 Folding stock, Leatherneck barrel, ZXi Nexus/r36 Spectrum/Brake 9 muzzles.

Lima fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 7, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Okay, if I wanted to go for a 250 health build because I am a bad and am bad at exploiting soft stats like speed because I am incapable of thinking tactically and flanking, what sort of armor bits should I be looking at? I still want a 4 tactical slot build if possible. HRV recharge would be the icing on top, of course.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Artificer posted:

Okay, if I wanted to go for a 250 health build because I am a bad and am bad at exploiting soft stats like speed because I am incapable of thinking tactically and flanking, what sort of armor bits should I be looking at? I still want a 4 tactical slot build if possible. HRV recharge would be the icing on top, of course.

You can only achieve 250 HP with the second- and third-last body pieces (the heavy ones), the Diamondback legs, and either the Slant (lower HRV recharge, higher armor) or Fox+Cat (higher HRV recharge, lower armor) helmet. There might be a 248-hp build that you can toss in an HP+ weapon tag with but I wouldn't know what it is.

Personally I roll with:
-Third-last body
-Colossus legs
-Hunter helmet

I think this gets me 240 HP and serves me well enough as a heavy build.

All of the above configurations will give you four slots.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Artificer posted:

Fox+Cat helmet, X2 tactical/Impact CQT chests and Diamondback legs will give you 250 health, 4 slots and the second highest recharge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Sweet. Obviously that isn't the most viable thing since the 224 built is all the rage nowadays, but hopefully I can use it's relatively simple playstyle to my advantage. Thanks, goons.

Edit: Can't get the Fox/Cat and I can't get the third to last chest yet. I've got a feeling I'll be playing a lot of Onslaught in the near future. That's good for xp and gp as well, right? Pretty relaxing and non-rage inducing, too. Should be good.

• Locked thread