Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Ganty posted:

I've tried so many times to get this to work properly on Windows 7. I'll always get really close and then one single thing will gently caress up and the Grim Fandango house of cards comes crashing down.
Have you tried running it with this? I managed to get it working though I'm on Vista. http://quickandeasysoftware.net/software/grim-fandango-setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Dicky B posted:

Have you tried running it with this? I managed to get it working though I'm on Vista. http://quickandeasysoftware.net/software/grim-fandango-setup

There is also ResidualVM, from the makers of ScummVM. I used it a few weeks ago for Grim on Win7 and it was super smooth. Even the conveyor belt wasn't a problem.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

bigperm posted:

Kind of a vaugue request, but I have been really super into Game of Thrones recently. Is there an RPG out there that... scratches the same kind of itch that the books/HBO series do? Not really interesting the actual game of thrones game, but was wondering if anyone suggest a game that follows lines that that.

I haven't played many RPGs so if there is an obvious one out there I probably haven't played it.

Dragon Age: Origins is really great and takes a lot of inspiration from ASoIaF.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

bigperm posted:

Kind of a vaugue request, but I have been really super into Game of Thrones recently. Is there an RPG out there that... scratches the same kind of itch that the books/HBO series do? Not really interesting the actual game of thrones game, but was wondering if anyone suggest a game that follows lines that that.

I haven't played many RPGs so if there is an obvious one out there I probably haven't played it.

You might enjoy Final Fantasy Tactics, if you've got a PSP or an old PS1 lying around. It's not gonna be a perfect match, but there's a lot of political intrigue if you pay attention to the plot at all.

Laughing_Stock
Jun 19, 2008

Drakenel posted:

So, goons. I feel like playing for the highest bidder. Play the relationships of factions and nations against each other. I want a game where I can be a mercenary. (That isn't any of the above mentioned titles)

Drox Operative made by Soldak is literally word for word what you're describing. Form the website:

Soldak posted:

In the new space race, the major races are scouting, colonizing, and expanding, trying to take over the galaxy by diplomacy, technology, war, or any other means their scheming minds can contemplate.

As a Drox Operative it's NOT your job to manage all of those annoying people, build thousands of buildings, play nice with your enemies, or balance the budget. It IS your job to pick the winning side and maybe even help them conquer the galaxy if you're being nice, more importantly though is to rake in as many credits as possible, well that and build the coolest, deadliest ship in the known universe. Not many screw with an Operative captaining a Dreadnaught!

You can download a demo here: http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/demo.html

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Make sure to vote for Drox Operative on Steam Greenlight, too.

Are there any good pc local multiplayer games I'm missing from the list below? I have an Xbox wireless receiver, 4 controllers, and a giant plasma and holy poo poo couch multiplayer is fun again.

Local multiplayer games I have:
Monaco (this game is awesome)
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Jamestown
Rayman Origins
Trine 1/2
Magicka
Lego Lord of the Rings
Resident Evil 5 (haven't tried this but I heard you can hack it)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead 2

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Are there any good pc local multiplayer games I'm missing from the list below? I have an Xbox wireless receiver, 4 controllers, and a giant plasma and holy poo poo couch multiplayer is fun again.

Local multiplayer games I have:
Monaco (this game is awesome)
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Jamestown
Rayman Origins
Trine 1/2
Magicka
Lego Lord of the Rings
Resident Evil 5 (haven't tried this but I heard you can hack it)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead 2

How's Magicka with a controller?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

To be honest, I haven't played that one much yet, but seems pretty solid from the short time I've played. You do these little quarter circle hadokens with the stick to charge up elements, and it seems pretty intuitive. Haven't gone near the mouse and kb with Magicka so no idea how it really compares, though.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Drakenel posted:

So, goons. I feel like playing for the highest bidder. Play the relationships of factions and nations against each other. I want a game where I can be a mercenary. (That isn't any of the above mentioned titles)

In Sid Meier's Pirates! you could make the entire Caribbean belong to the faction/s of your choice, or gain fame and rank with one nation by sinking the ships and plundering the towns of their enemies.

Accordion Man posted:

Witcher 2 sounds like the best example you're looking for, its more fantastical than Game of Thrones, but there's a fair share of backstabbing and political machinations going on.

You forgot the overabundance of naked ladies, although I may be thinking about the first one.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Vampire: Bloodlines might fit the bill of both being a mercenary/pawn in a struggle between different factions and evoking some of the intrigue of Game of Thrones. If you haven't played that yet, I'm super jealous.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Serious Sam Classic
Shank 2
Renegade Ops
Streets of Rage Remake

I'm not sure if all of those will do 4-player with Xbox controls though.

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."

Midrena posted:

Are there any recent or somewhat-recent village/city building and management type games where I start with a small group of people or creatures and begin slowly building up a lovely village, with various industries and trade? It would be great if the game made it easier to care about individuals (give them names and feelings and whatnot), but that's not necessary. If I had a choice, I'd go for fantasy/medieval/historical rather than modern day settings, but that's also not a requirement. Recently, I enjoyed Gnomoria and also spent a ton of time playing Pharaoh and Zeus back in the day.

This is from a few pages ago, but I didn't see anyone recommend King of Dragon Pass. It's not exactly a city builder, it's more of a semi-fantasy dark ages tribal society simulator. But it absolutely fulfills the requirement of following a small group of people, each of whom have individual traits, and building a society. There really are no directly comparable games, but it sounds like something that would be right up your alley.

There's an iOS version available, and you can get a port of the (very old) PC version off of GOG.com.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Lewd Mangabey posted:

King of Dragon Pass
There's an iOS version available, and you can get a port of the (very old) PC version off of GOG.com.

Hey that sounds great, thank you for the recommendation! Going to definitely get that. The description really piqued my interest.

Midrena fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 6, 2013

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Midrena posted:

Hey that sounds great, thank you for the recommendation! Going to definitely get that. The description really piqued my interest.
It's definitely very good and worth getting, but keep in mind that it plays more like a very complicated Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book. The real meat of the game is in the absolutely flabbergasting amount of events and choices, some of which take years of game time to resolve. The village management is, comparatively speaking, not much of anything.

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."

Cardiovorax posted:

It's definitely very good and worth getting, but keep in mind that it plays more like a very complicated Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book. The real meat of the game is in the absolutely flabbergasting amount of events and choices, some of which take years of game time to resolve. The village management is, comparatively speaking, not much of anything.

Choose-Your-Own-Adventure -- with cattle raiding! :black101:

But yeah, it's a second cousin of city builders rather than a close relative, but it's as close as you can get to a unique experience in gaming in my opinion.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Looking for a game which gives me the ability to name and customise (through appearance and ideally an in-depth skill / stat system) not only one 'hero' or main character but a couple of others, i.e hero and one or two companions/units/subordinates/well-wishers,etc.

Genre is flexible but I'd prefer rpg, fantasy/tech is irrelevant. A comprehensive item-finding system would be awesome (ideally randomly generated content ala Diablo)
Would also go with town management, depending on suggestion(s)

Meanie
Jul 2, 2007
Well, hello!
I'm looking for some suggestions.

What I'm looking for are a) subtitled games b) where it only progresses when prompted by the player, at least as much as possible.
I've learned english mainly playing videogames, starting on the PSX era.
FFVII onwards, I've played hundreds of games both on consoles and the PC.

I've been always fond of adventure games, the now defunct Lucas Arts games hold a dear place on my heart.

Well, MY GF wants to improve her english and since I've introduced gaming to her with a very good reception, we both think she could use her gaming time to try and improve her english while having fun...

I've searched high and low for subtitled games but nowadays it seems that most don't really wait for you to prompt it before the next line of dialogue comes.
I bought the Walking Dead series and only later discovered that even some native english speakers have a little trouble to choose their dialogue lines when prompted to do so with a very short timer, just for a quick example of not having enough time™.

Well, since her english isn't anywhere near a native speaker, she really need to be able to take in the dialogue and have whatever time it takes her to go over it before fully understanding the phrase and then taking in the next one. So, that's why I need the kinda convoluted b) requirement taken into account.

Yes, I realize that I could introduce her to all those old time games I've used back in the day but I would prefer to have something a little bit more modern if possible.
When you're introduced to games in full HD and stuff, it seems that pixel hunting in Full Throttle and similar games is way too hard for those poor souls.

The adventure games portion isn't so strict. I just think that adventure games are about perfect for this purpose since they present (or used to) perfect english pronunciation, spelling and waited for your input before feeding new information.

So help me goons.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Meanie posted:

Well, hello!

What I'm looking for are a) subtitled games b) where it only progresses when prompted by the player, at least as much as possible.

I've been always fond of adventure games, the now defunct Lucas Arts games hold a dear place on my heart.

I can't think of any adventure games that prompt you at every line; conversations tend to go at a normal pace. The classic style adventure games do let you wait for as long as you want to make a choice, though. And you can replay most (though not all) conversations by just talking to the person about the same thing again, or looking at the same object again.

Anyway, if you're looking for oldschool Lucasart-style adventure games, there are three I can recommend.

Syberia is a very calm, subdued, beautiful game about a mystery that starts in a quiet little village.
The four Blackwell games are supernatural detective stories. Kind of like Sherlock Holmes, but with ghosts. Good writing, good puzzles.
The Broken Sword games are also detective stories, but they're more "realistic", and take place in the modern day.

I've also heard good things about The Longest Journey (strange journeys of a girl stranded in another dimension,) but I haven't gotten around to playing it.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Innerguard posted:

Looking for a game which gives me the ability to name and customise (through appearance and ideally an in-depth skill / stat system) not only one 'hero' or main character but a couple of others, i.e hero and one or two companions/units/subordinates/well-wishers,etc.

Genre is flexible but I'd prefer rpg, fantasy/tech is irrelevant. A comprehensive item-finding system would be awesome (ideally randomly generated content ala Diablo)

I'm sure there are better answers, but I think it's pretty fun to play through the Etrian Odyssey games with my family and dog, giving them classes which sort of match their personalities. There is definitely an in-depth skill system, you can choose from multiple male/female costume looks for each class. It's not exactly what you're looking for, perhaps, but it's what your question made me think of.

Etrian Odyssey 4 is the newest one, and the most accessible to a newcomer.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Meanie posted:

"a)" shouldn't be too hard, aside from a brief period of mind numbing idiocy in the early 2000s where games started to introduce voice acting without subtitles because deaf people don't play games :v:. Luckily most devs have pulled their heads out of their asses and started putting subtitles back in. Most of Bioware's old PC rpgs should do pretty well by you, especially KotoR but even Dragon Age: Origins should pretty easy to follow. If you're willing to go way back to the 90s, Fallout 1 and 2 are both extraordinary games with a lot of dialogue. Costume Quest is more silly, but it's certainly a fun ride, even if the controls are a bit wonky.

Innerguard posted:

The UI's dated as all hell, but Geneforge might scratch that itch. Visual customization is limited to a single color palette, but it's got an old-school point buy system, and the entire series is built around the idea of forging obedient creatures out of the ether to aid you.

On the more Diablo side of things, Divinity 2 gives you limited visual customization options and the ability to change your visual appearance mid game, has a fairly flexible skill/stat system and gives you a customizable zombie familiar (in the sense that you swap out body parts as you would otherwise do in a mech game). It's a third person behind-the-back action RPG, and uses a randomized loot generation system that you shouldn't have too much trouble getting used to.

Edit:

SheepNameKiller posted:

Costume quest is really fun but I'd actually suggest you play it closer to the holidays represented in game, it seems like playing this in summer would be like watching A Charlie Brown Christmas in April.

Definitely a good point; keep that one on the back burner for Halloween. It's only five months away anyway.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 6, 2013

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

Costume Quest is more silly, but it's certainly a fun ride, even if the controls are a bit wonky.

Costume quest is really fun but I'd actually suggest you play it closer to the holidays represented in game, it seems like playing this in summer would be like watching A Charlie Brown Christmas in April.

Herobotic
Oct 9, 2007

You know, we've had a lot of fun here today, but there's nothing funny about people who pretend to throw a ball without actually throwing a ball.
I'm looking for something Metroidvania style that I can play on PC, preferably with a controller. I've just finished Fez, and it failed to scratch the itch to play something like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Something that has a good story? Thanks.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Herobotic posted:

I'm looking for something Metroidvania style that I can play on PC, preferably with a controller. I've just finished Fez, and it failed to scratch the itch to play something like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Something that has a good story? Thanks.

Dark Souls is probably the premiere 3d Metroidvania of any platform right now, and you kind of have to play with a controller on PC. It doesn't have so much a story as an extremely interesting setting that conveys the history of its world and characters more through background details than dialogue. The recent La-Mulana remake is a great 2d one, but you have to be fine with keeping a walkthrough in another window. Iji and Cave Story are the classic PC story metroidvanias, and are two games that you have to play before you die. Hero Core isn't anywhere near as good the above examples, and is very light on story, but it is well worth it if you want to spend an afternoon mindlessly.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 6, 2013

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ashenai posted:

Syberia is a very calm, subdued, beautiful game about a mystery that starts in a quiet little village.
The four Blackwell games are supernatural detective stories. Kind of like Sherlock Holmes, but with ghosts. Good writing, good puzzles.
The Broken Sword games are also detective stories, but they're more "realistic", and take place in the modern day.

I've also heard good things about The Longest Journey (strange journeys of a girl stranded in another dimension,) but I haven't gotten around to playing it.

All good recommendations, but I'd also add Primordia to this list. It's published by the same guys as Blackwell, but is very much its own thing.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I was playing Darkout (a quasi-Terraria clone) and having a decent enough time until a patch came out that broke everything, now it's unplayable and I need a base-building, resource hunting game until they fix it. Terraria and Minecraft are played out, Starbound isn't until forever, any other ideas?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Third-World banana republics are turning down my requests for cultural exchanges in Shadow President. Are there any more recent geopolitical simulators that will give me an even more exhilerating high as I punish these haughty rulers with my nuclear arms?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Caufman posted:

Third-World banana republics are turning down my requests for cultural exchanges in Shadow President. Are there any more recent geopolitical simulators that will give me an even more exhilerating high as I punish these haughty rulers with my nuclear arms?

The closest thing I can think of in the last ten years is Supreme Ruler 2020. I'm not going to recommend it - I haven't played it, and the game it is a sequel to (SR2010) was horribly broken and unfun. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime, but you should see if it fits your bill.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Caufman posted:

Fate of the World. There's an achievement for causing global thermonuclear war :allears:

Oh, and don't be fooled by the trailer mostly being about global warming and the energy crisis. Here are some of the actions available to you if you research them: Covert Sterilisation, Gene-Plague Alpha, Regime Change, Fund Insurgency Campaign, Security AI.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 7, 2013

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

This is a bit more of a 'help me remember this game's name!' post but;

I used to play maybe 4-6 years ago a browser based car-tuning game where you would buy parts for your car, tune it's air fuel ratio, probably some other stuff, and then pit it against other people's cars in drag races (you wouldn't see the race, only get a result with how you did). It was a ton of fun and I recently remembered it and would love to find it again.

I haven't been able to locate it with google-fu and was hoping someone more skilled might be able to.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Ashenai posted:

Fate of the World. There's an achievement for causing global thermonuclear war :allears:

A word of advice: the game is punishingly difficult, unless yuor aim is to cackle madly over a radioactive wasteland, where survivors fight each other for resources. That one is easy to accomplish, most of the time without trying.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Hey again, I've been really getting a lot of use out of this thread now I've been forcefully downgraded to the laptop for the time being.

I've been enjoying a lot of your recommendations and I'm gonna get onto some more of them when I get paid, but now I have a new itch, it's a bit strange, so bear with me.

I was just watching the 1973 Wickerman and I really found the vibe of a guy being alone on an island full of not overtly hostile but strange and uncooperative natives fascinating, it also made me want to do some investigating and puzzle solving! Are there not so recent point and clicks that might scratch that itch?

Really I'd be into almost any cool point and click, I've already played a lot of the more famous and comedic adventure games (Sam n Max, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, etc.). If it's free or abandonware, that's a bonus, but if it's not recommend it anyway because I get paid friday!

I've also taken into account Ashenzai's recommendations, in particular Sherlock Holmes with ghosts sounds appealing to me so I'll definitely hav to see if it'll run on the laptop.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Meanie posted:

Well, hello!

Well, MY GF wants to improve her english and since I've introduced gaming to her with a very good reception, we both think she could use her gaming time to try and improve her english while having fun...

I've searched high and low for subtitled games but nowadays it seems that most don't really wait for you to prompt it before the next line of dialogue comes.
I bought the Walking Dead series and only later discovered that even some native english speakers have a little trouble to choose their dialogue lines when prompted to do so with a very short timer, just for a quick example of not having enough time™.

Well, since her english isn't anywhere near a native speaker, she really need to be able to take in the dialogue and have whatever time it takes her to go over it before fully understanding the phrase and then taking in the next one. So, that's why I need the kinda convoluted b) requirement taken into account.

Yes, I realize that I could introduce her to all those old time games I've used back in the day but I would prefer to have something a little bit more modern if possible.
When you're introduced to games in full HD and stuff, it seems that pixel hunting in Full Throttle and similar games is way too hard for those poor souls.

The adventure games portion isn't so strict. I just think that adventure games are about perfect for this purpose since they present (or used to) perfect english pronunciation, spelling and waited for your input before feeding new information.

So help me goons.

While it's not adventure game, you might want to check out out Costume Quest. It is written as a kids first RPG, so most of the dialogue is written at about the the same level as a seven-year old's writing and reading comprehension.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 7, 2013

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

pigdog posted:

Why not the actual Game of Thrones RPG game? It's rough around the edges, which drove the review scores down, but it's actually a surprisingly good RPG.

I agree. I really really loved the GoT RPG and it saddened me that hardly any one played it. The story was excellent and once you get a few cool skills and stuff combat is quite exciting. I even went on their official forum and told them how much I enjoyed it but there's pretty much no activity there, sadly :( It was far from perfect but It seems to be the only Game of Thrones game we're getting...

I actually came here with a similar request though, I'm looking for cool ps3 rpgs that have a bit of a 'mature' vibe (not anime stuff) anything like Dragons Dogma or something like that, with orcs and swords and kings and stuff. :) I have played Skyrim and Dark/Demon Souls. I like collectings items, exploring places and also I like fantasy games with a cool backstory and mythology. Basically just nerdy d&d stuff. Any recommendations? I fear I've probably played all the stuff that'd pique my interest but you never know! :)

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
So this is more of a general recommendation, but I'm playing Metro 2033 right now and I cannot say enough good things about this goddamned game. The combat's a little weak and stealth is pretty meh, but the story's strong enough and the atmosphere is simply impeccable. If you're at all a fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or even Fallout, to a lesser extent, you owe it to yourself to play it.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Fat Samurai posted:

A word of advice: the game is punishingly difficult, unless yuor aim is to cackle madly over a radioactive wasteland, where survivors fight each other for resources. That one is easy to accomplish, most of the time without trying.

True story: I lost the game on the third turn (2030) because Russia decided it was nuclear war time since I was ignoring them. drat bro, I JUST got an agent there that turn :saddowns:

dahkren
Jan 11, 2006
Hello games goons!

I'm looking for suggestions for co-op games I can play with my girlfriend that can be played online and can run on a crappy Gen2 Core i3(mobile) with HD 3000 graphics.

Age of the game doesn't matter, and genre isn't too important as long as it isn't dull/grindy/slow. Before the summer break we mostly played sonic allstars and minecraft. We tried dungeon defenders but a lot of enemies on the screen bring her machine to a crawl (although still playable). She liked all these kinds but I'm struggling to find other stuff that isn't F2P mmos.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

dahkren posted:

Hello games goons!

I'm looking for suggestions for co-op games I can play with my girlfriend that can be played online and can run on a crappy Gen2 Core i3(mobile) with HD 3000 graphics.

Age of the game doesn't matter, and genre isn't too important as long as it isn't dull/grindy/slow. Before the summer break we mostly played sonic allstars and minecraft. We tried dungeon defenders but a lot of enemies on the screen bring her machine to a crawl (although still playable). She liked all these kinds but I'm struggling to find other stuff that isn't F2P mmos.

Terraria! Very fun coop game, and if you guys enjoyed Minecraft it's a safe bet you'll like it.

Ganty
Jan 8, 2005
Because we want to! Because we want to!

dahkren posted:

Hello games goons!

Get a SNES emulator and play Kirby Super Star. You can play online using ZSNES. I had a lot of fun playing that. Monaco is also great and will probably run pretty well.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
A long time ago when I was a kid I rented a SNES game where I'm pretty sure you played a guy with a white hat that he threw at enemies. He may have had a cape? It might have been from a top-down perspective but maybe not. It's really hard to remember any more details than that but this is bugging the hell outta me cause I think I thought it was pretty cool back then. Anybody know what game this was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

ChairMaster posted:

A long time ago when I was a kid I rented a SNES game where I'm pretty sure you played a guy with a white hat that he threw at enemies. He may have had a cape? It might have been from a top-down perspective but maybe not. It's really hard to remember any more details than that but this is bugging the hell outta me cause I think I thought it was pretty cool back then. Anybody know what game this was?

Spike McFang maybe? The hat is blue, but otherwise it fits perfectly.