Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

:siren::siren::siren:Tournaments::siren::siren::siren:
Xbox: TBA
PS3: TBA
PC: TBA
XBONE: TBA
PS4: TBA

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is coming to the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, and Vita on Nov. 12th for NA. The console versions will be $59.99. The PC version will be $49.99. The Vita iteration will retail for $39.99. All from this article - https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/07/injustice-gods-among-us-coming-to-vita-next-month.aspx

I AM CARVALLO posted:

INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us is a new 2.5D fighting game from Netherrealm studios. The main premise for the story is that a new regime made up of some of the members of the Justice League, led by Superman, have found humanity lacking in its ability to govern itself and now use their powers and a large army to placate the masses in the name of keeping order. Batman is on the other side of this conflict leading an insurgency against Superman. It looks like the Joker is also a big part of the story.

Gameplay-wise, INJUSTICE is moving past the MK9 formula. There are light, medium, and strong attacks, the block button has been excised and instead you hold back to block. There is also a "gimmick" button that is unique to each character. One of the most interesting parts of the gameplay is a dedicated button for interacting with the environment. This video has so far shown one of the most interesting uses of the environment. You can also punch Batman through a skyscraper. There's a more detailed mechanics write up further down this OP.

INJUSTICE is set to release on April 16, 2013 on XBOX, PS3, and WiiU. Releases to PC November 12.

Characters
Ares
Aquaman
Bane
Batman
Black Adam
Catwoman
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Doomsday
The Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Harley Quinn
Hawkgirl
The Joker
Killer Frost
Lex Luthor
Nightwing
Raven
Shazam!
Sinestro
Solomon Grundy
Superman
Wonder Woman

DLC Characters
Lobo - released 5/7/13
Batgirl - released 5/21/13
Scorpion - released 6/11/13
Zod - released 7/2/13
Martian Manhunter - released 7/30/13
Zatanna - released 8/13/13

Mechanics

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

-Six-button game: 1/2/3/gimmick, plus a button for stage interactions and a button for burning meter
-Each character has two health bars, a silver-ish 'shield' and a red health bar
-Inputs are MK-style tapped motions as default but you can switch 'em to SF-style motions in the options
-Back-to-block rather than a block button
-SF-style universals - D1 for poke, D2 forlauncher, D3 for sweep, B3 for wall bounce, F3 for ground bounce
-Unique air/ground normals and jump arcs for every character
-Strings and combos are all similar to MK, ie dialed strings and quasi-3D juggle combos
-Throws are a two-button input a la MK, Throw breaks are done by pressing the same type of throw, IE f+throw
-On/off toggle for negative edge

-4 bars of meter which can be earned by hitting, getting hit, getting blocked, or doing supermoves.
-Meter burn costs 1 bar; you can burn meter to add extra hits/properties to specials or to rapid cancel out of particular animations/strings.
-2 bars of meter lets you cancel any string into a pop-up or wall bounce
-Super moves cost 4 bars
-Once your first life bar (the shield) is gone you'll be able to initiate a clash (combo breaker); you can "wager" meter to regain health during a clash, or to deal damage to the clasher if you're the one being clashed

-Stages are much wider than MK and characters have more movement options in general so there are less corner issues
-Stage transitions are initiated by using the B3 bounce at the edges of the screen
-Characters are split into three classes - "Power" "Gadget" and "Acrobatic" - that determine how they interact with stage objects; a power character might throw a car whereas a gadget character might put a bomb on it, for example
-Stage interactions can happen as many times in a match and can be combo'd into
-There's an option to disable stage gimmicks entirely if you really hate them

Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6lQvgfs2Ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBLBl-zOHM8

FAQs

I see numbers being posted as combos, what does it all mean?

Parallax Scroll posted:

1, 2, and 3 are the buttons you hit. 1=light attack, 2=medium attack, 3=heavy attack. The letters before each button indicate what direction to be pressing when you hit that button, or whether you should be jumping.

j.d+3 = (while jumping) down + heavy
b+2,3 = back + medium, then push heavy
qcb,f+3 = quarter circle back, then forward and heavy. or down, back, forward, heavy
XX just means cancel the previous move into the next move.

I hear people telling me to cancel my combos, what's that all about?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Canceling in general is doing something to cut off the recovery frames of one move and go immediately into the startup frames of another. In Injustice this comes up most often when canceling from a normal or a string of normals into a special. The thing about Injustice is, most of the time you don't have to time the input of the special move like you would in a game like Super Street Fighter 4. You literally just do it as if it were another input of a dial-a-combo string.

The important thing to know about the Injustice engine is that, if you have any excess button presses in your strings, you lose the ability to special cancel. For instance, if you wanted to do 113 XX bf1 with Bane and you hit 1133 XX bf1, the string will come out fine but you won't be able to cancel into his Raging Charge (or anything else) at all.

Is there anyone to play this game with?

The Midniter posted:

We have a Metatag for the 360!

InjusticeGoons

To accept friend requests:

E-mail - huhheehee@hotmail.com
Password - lljk1234

Sphinx posted:

For people who haven't posted their PSN or XBL GTs yet, please post it here as well as in this thread. It should have everyone from the chart, including people who posted after it, up until this post. Let me know if anything is wrong!

edit: Also don't worry about Alphabetical order!

I've already made us a Steam Group so we can play together.

Aren't there unlocks for an iOS App?
Aphrodite and KGBAgent185 have all your WBID Unlocks here

Anything new about this game since release?
Lobo enters the fray as DLC: Video Here.
Barbara Gordon Batgirl announced as DLC: Video Here.
Scorpion appears with a vengence as DLC: Video Here.
Zod sets his sights on Earth as DLC: Video Here.
Martian Manhunter morphs in as DLC: Video Here.
Zatanna mumbles the magic words of war as DLC: Video Here.
As well as plenty of DLC Skin Packs for you to choose from.

Stat Tracking?

I heard goons are good at this game. Mind sharing some knowledge?
EvilCanadian did a wonderful Superman Video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH3xCXqa124
Bane has gotten great write-ups from: Shadow Ninja 64, Megaman's Jockstrap, and an Oki Option List from Jmcrofts.
Shadow Ninja 64 Also did a fantastic Green Lantern Combo Compendium.
Shadow Ninja 64 Continues to enlighten us with some Zod Knowledge here and here
If you would like me to add your guide, let me know

Don't know much about Comics or Superheroes?
Gavok has been giving pretty good run-downs of the characters. It can be found here.

HELP! MY XBOX CRASHES ON GAME START!!!
Don't worry, it's all going to be ok. Netherealm Studios uses a 'backdoor' patching system for minor balances tweaks. This does however cause a pretty bad issue. All you have to do is delete your System Cache and launch. You might need to repatch, but it will work again. For those who don't know, the System Cache is located in Settings > Memory > Device Options (Y) > Clear System Cache.

What does the Season Pass get me?
The season pass gets you the first 4 DLC characters: Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, and Zod. Normally that would net you $20 for all of them, but instead they offer it for $15.

What's a good place to read about Strats and Theoretical Resources?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Testyourmight seems to be the main fan-site for this game, so I'd check that out for more in-depth character discussions and such.

Game runs like crap on my PC, anything I can do?
Launch the launcher and make sure you're using your GPU to output. Sometimes this game defaults to the Motherboard's GPU.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
superman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a2Tv2sWTrQ

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I didn't see if you wanted me to repost that Bane stuff in this thread now or wait until it falls into archives or what.

Also, I might be online in an hour or so looking for someone to run sets with. My PSN is ShadowNinja64.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I didn't see if you wanted me to repost that Bane stuff in this thread now or wait until it falls into archives or what.

Also, I might be online in an hour or so looking for someone to run sets with. My PSN is ShadowNinja64.

I'll be on at 10 PM EST then!

E: OP, You also typo'd the thread title! Should be 'among'.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

gannyGrabber posted:

I'll be on at 10 PM EST then!

E: OP, You also typo'd the thread title! Should be 'among'.

OH MY GOD! :negative:

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think it would be better to do it now, then I'll just change the link.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also, I'm pretty sure Killer Frost and Ares are in this game, too! You should add them to the character list, as they are -very- important to the story and it'd be weird to leave them out.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Let's talk about Bane for a bit again (this is a repost from last thread for linking purposes with a couple minor edits or additions).

Bane is probably not very good. However, he is pretty fun to play, and he has some intimidating pressure tools, several of which are safe (or mostly safe) on block. He also has his Venom trait that boosts damage but more importantly gives armor to most of his specials (sorry Ring Slam). Specifically, these are which moves get armor at which levels:

Venom level 1 and 2: dbf3 (the grab), bf1 (the running charge), bf2 (the overhead punch), db2 (his silly leaping uppercut)
Venom level 3: all those moves plus f2 and f2d. Apparently these also get armor-breaking properties which I honestly did not know at the time I posted this the first time.

Each level of Venom adds another hit of armor to each of those moves, but the more Venom you pump, the less Venom time you get, the more withdrawal time you get, and the worse the speed and damage debuff during withdrawal. I'm not going to go into detail because a poster on TestYourMight named Doombawkz has covered the math behind his Venom in super fine detail already, but suffice to say that most of the time you want to only be in Venom level 1, with exceptions being A) if you can guarantee a round win and have landed a hit-confirmable combo starter or B) you just need a crazy hail mary anyway. Oh yeah, he also apparently gains less meter from combos the higher his Venom level is at the time, so that's another strike against juicing to the max.

The nice thing about Bane is that Venom management is pretty much the only complicated thing you have to worry about with him. The rest of his game comes from basic but scary and generally safe pressure and hit-confirming into combos that for the most part are really easy to do. Let's talk about his pressure tools real quick:

d1 - 11 frames is slow, but this move makes up for it with being both a low (many other chars have mid-hitting d1) and having great range. Safe on block, and on hit you can continue pressuring with 113, b112, or b23 with only small gaps for the opponent to try and escape/interrupt pressure. You can also cancel into the bf2 Double Punch either way since it is also safe on block. It is also worth noting that a blocked d1 into command grab (not canceled, just do the command grab after the d1 recovers) is a strong option, especially with a level of Venom up to eat a hit from anyone getting antsy and pressing buttons to attempt to escape your pressure.

113 - First hit high stinks, but the last hit is overhead, and the string is safe.

b112 - A slowish starter but it's two lows and a mid, and again it's safe whether you stop at b11 or complete. Easily hitconfirmable into dbf3. b11 is punished by Superman super but b112 is not.

b21 and b23 - 18 frame low, both strings are plus on block, b23 leads to good damage whereas b21 is low then overhead. Some characters with really fast and/or invincible reversals can interrupt between the b2 and the next move, though (at least, Superman super definitely can).

f2d - 11 frame overhead, even on block, special cancelable. It has string additions (f2d2 and f2d3) but you pretty much never want to use them, instead just letting the f2d rock on block, cancelling into bf2 on block, or cancelling into dbf3 on hit. Execution note: If you know you want to cancel the overhead into dbf3 or the dbMB bounce cancel, do the overhead as f2~d/f. The down-forward is enough to make Bane do the overhead, then you can just roll through down to back, then hit forward and 3 for the grab. If you did f2d going straight to down, you would then have to return to neutral, then hit dbf3 for the grab because Injustice's input buffer is weird.

b3 - Absolutely huge range, puts you at plus frames on block, and can be meter burned for armor. This is a strong tool when outside of your d1 range or against opponent jump-in attempts.

jumping d3 - The Body Splash is big and slow but has a strong hitbox that can be hard for opponents to deal with on crossup, even on wakeup. You can then just key in one of Bane's safe string options and confirm from there whether it all comboed or was blocked.

Double Punch (bf2) - -5 on block, meaning that it's safe in most situations. It's also an overhead, so that's pretty cool. Gets armor when Venomed up, making it a strong tool against an opponent's wakeup, and puts you into position to mixup on their wakeup again.

Body Press (dbf3) - Command grab, gets armor when Venomed, another strong tool against an opponent's wakeup and again leads into another wakeup mixup. Meter burn adds more damage but throws them further away. However, the MB version lets you pick which way you throw them, so it can be useful if you land it while Bane is cornered, leading into scary corner pressure for you.

Raging Charge (bf1) - This is Bane's only movement gimmick, and it needs to be used wisely to get in. Smart opponents will time a backwards jump to go over the Charge and punish with a full combo if you just throw it out, so you have to be sure they're doing something before you go for it. It's also worth noting that bf1~MB does like 32% damage on its own in Venom level 3, so if someone's not respecting the threat of it and going nuts with projectiles, you can make them suffer.

Ring Slam (db1) - 3 of the 4 versions mostly suck because they throw the opponent way far away. The fourth, however, is guaranteed to happen in certain combos and leaves the opponent just outside d1 range (see below).

Venom Uppercut (db2) - Venomed up db2 is strong anti-air. Meter burning adds a drop kick that pushes the opponent to full screen, which generally isn't great for Bane, but sometimes the push toward the corner is good, and in the corner it can lead to almost inescapable command grab on their wakeup.

Break the Bat (super) - One of the coolest supers in the game, and you should almost never use it. It's unfortunate, but Bane has too many other things he should be using meter on instead, including:

- b3 (and f3 is you're feeling it in mixup pressure)
- Meter burning interactibles to make sure you get to throw that poo poo at the opponent without getting knocked out of it
- bf1 in certain combo situations where the MB version will cause the elbow drop to cross back over, leaving Bane right next to the opponent on wakeup
- The occasional db2 or even bf2 MB versions for slightly more damage and more push toward the corner
- dbf3 when you need the damage or to throw them back into the corner
- Bounce cancels (dbMB or bbMB) which add respectable damage to certain Bane starter strings
- Clash. Everyone loves Clash.

Of course, Bane's super still has its uses, as confirming a b23 has hit, quickly mashing out Venom level 3, then doing super is 51%. You can actually do b23 444 123 XX super as well, but that gives the opponent the opportunity to recognize you pumped up the juice and Clash out.

This is already more words than I planned on typing, so I'll finish by dumping my modest notepad file of combos, organized by combo starter and then by meter spent. Each combo has damage listed both without and with the jumping d3 Body Splash leading into it, and some of them make special note of the distance Bane is left from the knocked down opponent in a midscreen situation:

High starter:
113 XX dbf3 (25%, 33% with jumping d3 opener, leaves close)
113 XX bf1~MB (30%, 37%, leaves close EXCEPT near corner)
113 XX dbMB j2 123 XX db1 (38%, 45%, leaves just outside d1 range)
113 XX super (41%, 48%, leaves midscreen)
^^ Note: third hit of string is overhead

Mid starter:
b3 j2 123 XX db1 (32%)

Low starters:
d1 XX bf2 (8%)
(blocked d1) XX dbf3 (16%)

b112 XX dbf3 (24%, 32%)
b11 XX dbMB j2 123 XX db1 (33%, 40%)
b112 XX super (41%, 48%)

b23 123 XX dbf3 (29%, 37%)
b23 XX dbMB j2 123 XX db1 (34%, 41%)
b23 123 XX super (40%, 47%)

Overhead starters:
f2d XX bf2 (13%, 21%)
f2d XX dbf3 (21%, 29%)
f2d XX bf1~MB (26%, 34%, leaves close)
f2d XX dbMB j2 123 XX db1 (36%, 43%)
^^ Note, as mentioned earlier, do the f2d as f2~d/f, then roll through down to back and hit MB for the bounce cancel.
f2d XX super (39%, 46%)

f3 j2 123 XX db1 (32%)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

gannyGrabber posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure Killer Frost and Ares are in this game, too! You should add them to the character list, as they are -very- important to the story and it'd be weird to leave them out.

How do I keep missing so much important stuff?

On-topic: Does anyone know if the WiiU had a different date for the DLC?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Unbound posted:

The InjusticeGame twitter said they're pushing for summer. I think it depends on Nintendo playing nice with them, though.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Unbound posted:

Summer for Wii U Dlc.

Also, you may want a better definition of canceling, instead of how to do it with one combo for one character.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Canceling in general is doing something to cut off the recovery frames of one move and go immediately into the startup frames of another. In Injustice this comes up most often when canceling from a normal or a string of normals into a special. The thing about Injustice is, most of the time you don't have to time the input of the special move like you would in a game like Super Street Fighter 4. You literally just do it as if it were another input of a dial-a-combo string.

The important thing to know about the Injustice engine is that, if you have any excess button presses in your strings, you lose the ability to special cancel. For instance, if you wanted to do 113 XX bf1 with Bane and you hit 1133 XX bf1, the string will come out fine but you won't be able to cancel into his Raging Charge (or anything else) at all.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 10, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This is a far better explanation than what I had, and I even learned something from it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yeah, that thing about extra button presses messing up your ability to special cancel is a big deal for some characters. For instance, Raven's f222 string is hugely important to her both as a tool in the neutral game and as a string to use in combos, but if you mash it out and get f2222 instead, combo over.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Alright PS3havers, I am gonna make the PSN Injustice:goonsamongus room, please do come join me!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Good games Shnucka. Your Catwoman is good, and our connection was just rough enough that I couldn't block MB Cat Dash from 3/4s screen on reaction.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Me and sonmoot have been practicing joker for a bit and while we find him rather fun, we can't seem to figure out any combo's. Anybody got any tips?

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Stark160 here. I didn't realize how bad I was till I played with goons. :magical:

That catwoman is terrifying Shnucka, and DrBannana, pretty sure you nearly perfected me in most of those matches.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I try so hard. Sorry about lag sn64. Though tbh I wasnt feeling it. Maybe I had host advantage?

Aleg
Jul 21, 2007
I ended up picking up a fight stick(barely used wireless Hori Tekken 6 bundle) on Craigslist for 25$ today and it's much easier to put combos in now. Hopefully I can get in with some of you PS3 goons tomorrow evening for some Lobo practice against actual people!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

gannyGrabber posted:

I try so hard. Sorry about lag sn64. Though tbh I wasnt feeling it. Maybe I had host advantage?

It honestly was very playable. Blocking the MB Cat Dash on reaction was the only thing I was having problems with, and I probably would've gotten more used to it (or just played more careful), but I also wasn't feeling like sitting through 5 matches to try again.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Amung?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So this is only tangentially related to Injustice but I finally got around to watching Under the Red Hood and it was really drat good. There's a reason Batman gets so much more respect than pretty much any other DC property.

More related, I was watching a stream of a KotH room and criticizing one of the player's strategies in chat, and the guy actually got on chat and whined at me for being an rear end in a top hat. Never thought I'd get salt over Twitch, people are so silly about their fighting games :rolleye:.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Fibby Boy posted:

Me and sonmoot have been practicing joker for a bit and while we find him rather fun, we can't seem to figure out any combo's. Anybody got any tips?

Try any string that cancels into his gas kick special and land a b3 off of that. Rest is up to you.

I've made a huge mistake.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 10, 2013

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

Try any string that cancels into his gas kick special and land a b3 off of that. Rest is up to you.

We were trying to work that gas can in.

Best we got was 32 xx bbMB,323

Joker's parry blocks overhead attacks including the armored version of b3 or f3.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the games, Fibby!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Unbound posted:

You can always ask one of the mods to fix the title and close the old thread if you can.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Joker's parry blocks overhead attacks including the armored version of b3 or f3.

You too. We ended up figuring out that his trait counters everything but projectiles and grabs. Didn't try it on any supers though.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

KungFu Grip posted:

You can always ask one of the mods to fix the title and close the old thread if you can.

I would, but I don't have PMs. If a mod reads this would you mind fixing my typo in the title. "Amung" should be "Among."

Soonmot posted:

Yeah, I try to MB all of those gas cans because they are all great on MB. Try 32xx Kick-gasMB j2 32xxflower. Should be a pretty decent damage and you might be able to MB that flower. If that doesn't work end it with a MBCrowbar or pistol.

And a bit of Ares knowledge to throw out, his j1 catches most air based moves. If you find yourself in the air at the same time, just press 1 and get ready to catch them before they hit the ground. An intercepting j1 112xxb4 is a great combo to go invisible, MB God Smack, or Teleport from. Similarly, j1 112xxb4,d can be combo'd out of if your fast enough with a dashing 112xx4, putting you at roughly mid-screen. Pretty much another perfect set-up for going invisible, God Smacking, or teleporting.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

Yeah, I try to MB all of those gas cans because they are all great on MB. Try 32xx Kick-gasMB j2 32xxflower. Should be a pretty decent damage and you might be able to MB that flower. If that doesn't work end it with a MBCrowbar or pistol.

Can't meter burn flower or gun sadly.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Fibby Boy posted:

Can't meter burn flower or gun sadly.

Then hitting them with the crowbar might be the best choice. MBing that might also be good, but that's 2 bars. Maybe in like a finishing-the-fight kind of moment.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Really good games all. After 3 hours of continuous Injustice I started to get a bit crazy there...

I've noticed that about half of you were playing Grundy. Was that just to spite me, or is Grundy just really popular these days?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

I would, but I don't have PMs. If a mod reads this would you mind fixing my typo in the title. "Amung" should be "Among."

And a bit of Ares knowledge to throw out, his j1 catches most air based moves. If you find yourself in the air at the same time, just press 1 and get ready to catch them before they hit the ground. An intercepting j1 112xxb4 is a great combo to go invisible, MB God Smack, or Teleport from. Similarly, j1 112xxb4,d can be combo'd out of if your fast enough with a dashing 112xx4, putting you at roughly mid-screen. Pretty much another perfect set-up for going invisible, God Smacking, or teleporting.

Something we noticed when I was practicing Ares was that his God Smack can get intercepted really easily. Fibby's Joker was knocking me out of the air left and right.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Soonmot posted:

Something we noticed when I was practicing Ares was that his God Smack can get intercepted really easily. Fibby's Joker was knocking me out of the air left and right.

Glad to know this! Lex Luther is the same, I learned this the hard way. Best best it to try and bait them out with a teleport or some form of projectile. His b4, 4, and df1 all work amazing as little things to pick your opponents with. Imagine it like a game of ranged 50/50. Either you're going to Smack, or our going to projectile. They have to choose right or take some damage.

ed: Or go invisible and have some fun.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 10, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

It's probably weird to say this after reposting a big old wall of text about the guy, but I think I'm done with Bane now. I've fallen into the trap before of picking the "interesting but not very good grappler" character early in other games' lives and I think I gotta stop.

Besides, Superman has the advantage of being fun and also being good.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's probably weird to say this after reposting a big old wall of text about the guy, but I think I'm done with Bane now. I've fallen into the trap before of picking the "interesting but not very good grappler" character early in other games' lives and I think I gotta stop.

I had the same general feel about Bane. But a patch may change that and I'd like to be able to fall right into him if that happens. He's a total blast to play battle in though. Just luchador super-people around and shoot yourself full of drugs.

I fell into Grundy myself, though that's just because I dislike Superman with a passion. He's all the greatness of throwing people around and spreading Communistic Doom across the stage.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

More bane for me :getin:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

God, I picked a bad week to get my stupid rear end probated. Anyway, stuff I missed!

Lobo: Tons of fun. Lots of great dial-a-combos. Special moves have great utility. Trait is a bit "meh" but it has a ton of uses. I'm probably not going to main him, but he's a great addition.

Batgirl: Looks great. I see MK style teleports. Hundred hand slap move. A projectile that stuns. A shoryuken. She is going to be a strong character for sure. Would be cool to see her in May, but I think first week June is more likely.

New OP: looks good. Can't wait to start more goon rooms on PS3.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Unbound posted:

I'll PM a mod for you, no worries. :unsmith:

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

McSpanky posted:

I'll PM a mod for you, no worries. :unsmith:

You should also ask to switch out Atlantis for a stage that doesn't suck so hard. :colbert:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Any Xbox360 Goons down for a room of Injostice: Goons Amung Us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

CaptCommy posted:

You should also ask to switch out Atlantis for a stage that doesn't suck so hard. :colbert:

Also to go with "Comic Nerds and Fighting Spergs" because it's only one anybody voted on. :colbert:

• Locked thread