Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
I like Camera Awesome for the separate lock/exposure points but can't say how it compares to Camera+, which apparently has the same feature.

My favorite "stunt" camera is 1-Bit Camera, which uses Atkinson Dithering to make everything look like it was digitized on a first-generation Macintosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
By the way, is there any point in enabling HDR on the iPad, or was it disabled for a reason?

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

The best photo editing apps are Snapseed and Photoforge2. If you want an app to replace the default Camera app, I'd recommend KitCam over Camera+.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got Snapseed, and Hueless. I'm liking the pics i'm getting with it:

Still looking at the other apps like Camera +

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hypersleep posted:

If you want an app to replace the default Camera app, I'd recommend KitCam over Camera+.
Currently on sale for $0.99, sold. I'm a sucker for new camera apps, and the KitCam website looks pretty pro.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm looking for an app that puts something interesting on an ipad for me to look at in the corner of my eye while working. I'm thinking relaxing pictures, webcams (but not creepy ones of people, like ones of beaches or iceland or whatever), active maps, something like that, although any other suggestions are appreciated.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Rick posted:

I'm looking for an app that puts something interesting on an ipad for me to look at in the corner of my eye while working. I'm thinking relaxing pictures, webcams (but not creepy ones of people, like ones of beaches or iceland or whatever), active maps, something like that, although any other suggestions are appreciated.
While you're working on the iPad, or working on something else? Because if it's the former I doubt such a thing exists short of jailbreak apps, and even then.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kenny Logins posted:

While you're working on the iPad, or working on something else? Because if it's the former I doubt such a thing exists short of jailbreak apps, and even then.

Working on something else on another computer/monitor. It's plugged in so batteries are not a problem.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Rick posted:

Working on something else on another computer/monitor. It's plugged in so batteries are not a problem.
I don't know of any apps specifically for you, but in the meantime you could just get a bunch of pictures you like, make an album in Photos.app, and use the native digital picture frame slideshow functionality and enjoy it that way until you find the app you're seeking.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

I don't know of any apps specifically for you, but in the meantime you could just get a bunch of pictures you like, make an album in Photos.app, and use the native digital picture frame slideshow functionality and enjoy it that way until you find the app you're seeking.

Interesting! I will do this, thank you.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Rick posted:

Interesting! I will do this, thank you.
No problem. Everyone forgets that every iPad comes stock with that option, which is why I mentioned it just in case.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
So Amazon release their cloud drive photos app for IOS today. It gives you 5Gb free to start with.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-cloud-drive-photos/id621574163?mt=8

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

hypersleep posted:

If you want an app to replace the default Camera app, I'd recommend KitCam over Camera+.

I had purchased and tried every camera app mentioned here except KitCam, so I gave it a shot and this has now replaced what I previously considered the best stock-camera replacement app (ProCamera). It's really a fantastic app with tons of well-implemented features.

It's a shame Camera+ still gets recommended due to it's name recognition, as it's been bested by dozens of other apps at this point. There are free alternatives that are much better.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Rick posted:

I'm looking for an app that puts something interesting on an ipad for me to look at in the corner of my eye while working.

I use http://www.livingearthapp.com/ for exactly this purpose.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Is there an app like Spotify, but for music videos? Like paying a flat fee and you can watch whatever you search for.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Don Tacorleone posted:

Is there an app like Spotify, but for music videos? Like paying a flat fee and you can watch whatever you search for.

YouTube :v:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

and Vevo.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Is there a consensus best RSS reader app for the iPhone? I checked the OP but didn't see any. It has to sync with google reader.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Biodome posted:

Is there a consensus best RSS reader app for the iPhone? I checked the OP but didn't see any. It has to sync with google reader.

Google Reader is dead and going away. Might as well cut your ties now.

I currently use Newsblur and their app is pretty good. It does cost money though. $12/year I think. There are plenty of other options though like Feedly.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Feedly is great on its own and the iOS app is also great.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
drat, feedly rules. Thanks!

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Feedly is great, I love it. My only complaint is marking things read/unread is a PITA. It's not as bad as the desktop version where you can delete an item forever with no way to restore it of you aren't careful. Other than those minor concerns I highly recommend it for all your Google Reader replacement needs.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Rick posted:

FlickrStackrXP can do slideshows of Flickr accounts or just grab latest random pictures

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Biodome posted:

Reeder.

It works with Google Reader, and even when that dies, it won't matter because it syncs with Fever and Feedbin, plus it now works as a standalone reader.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

vtlock posted:

I use http://www.livingearthapp.com/ for exactly this purpose.

jeff8472 posted:

FlickrStackrXP can do slideshows of Flickr accounts or just grab latest random pictures

These are both pretty cool, thanks!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Reeder + FeedBin is my choice

I mean after Google Reader I can't say I'm exactly comfortable using a free service at this point

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Just updated Facebook. New icon is terrible.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI

Boris Galerkin posted:

Agreed.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Boris Galerkin posted:

It's like a blueprint of your life you see...

At least I want to think that's how the redesign was pitched...

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

They made this mistake before. It looks like it's the dev icon that they forgot to swap out again. Probably next update it'll go to the old one.

I'm looking for an app to stream mkv files to my iPhone. After researching I found Air Video. Anyone use it or recommend something better?

edit: I mean they did this with the FB Messenger app by mistake: http://www.imore.com/facebook-messenger-updated-new-naming-gesture-and-search-features

Housh fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 14, 2013

lox
Apr 24, 2006

coffin party
How is the icon different? Mine looks exactly the same

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
They just sent out a new build with the regular icon. The developer one apparently has a white border around it.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Housh posted:

I'm looking for an app to stream mkv files to my iPhone. After researching I found Air Video. Anyone use it or recommend something better?

I'm a big fan of Plex. Supports virtually every platform I throw it at using either the client or web browser.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

lox posted:

How is the icon different? Mine looks exactly the same

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

slomomofo posted:

I'm a big fan of Plex. Supports virtually every platform I throw it at using either the client or web browser.

Ok so with this can both my sister and I stream media from my iMac to our individual iPhones and iPads simultaneously?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Housh posted:

Ok so with this can both my sister and I stream media from my iMac to our individual iPhones and iPads simultaneously?

Should be no problem. Locally or remotely, you can connect directly to the server or share it out to another myplex user https://my.plexapp.com/

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Boris Galerkin posted:

6.1.1 just came out and changes it back. :psyduck:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

6.1.1 just came out and changes it back. :psyduck:

I've been ignoring the update since a lot of people panned it. Not that I use or care about it much but I'm just letting the appstore's little red and white '1' stand because my fear of change is stronger than my urge to click on it.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Dev icon came out for facebook messenger one update then a few hours later it updated again just to swap it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

syscall girl posted:

I've been ignoring the update since a lot of people panned it. Not that I use or care about it much but I'm just letting the appstore's little red and white '1' stand because my fear of change is stronger than my urge to click on it.

It's been out for like 30 minutes how many people have had it long enough to form an opinion and pan it?

• Locked thread