Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren: Thanks to Unruly Amoeba we have this awesome guide for newbies! :siren:
I've removed pretty much everything from the OP because it's all handled better and in more depth there.

What is Dust 514?
Dust 514 is a train wreck terrible average fun free-to-play PlayStation 3 first person shooter directly connected to the EVE Universe. The game is the next step in CCP's vision of a universe of corporations and empires at war; where mercenary armies of cloned space marines and armadas of immortal spaceship pilots fight for economic and territorial control on one single shard server. Developed by CCP over the better part of five years, Dust has had an interesting history. Designed terribly and implemented even worse, the game was in such a bad state that CCP threw a Hail-Mary and hired a few high-positioned people to get the game in a playable state. The result? In little over a year the development team has managed to turn the abomination of a game into a relatively deep and fun experience worthy of praise.

If you're looking for something easy with instant gratification you should probably go back to Call of Duty. Dust is not an easy game. Fundamentally designed like EVE, the two games share many common traits and complexities; Both games use a similar skill-point system that allows for personal specialization, and an extremely deep fitting system which allows customization in ways no other genre has before. Every battle in Dust takes place on a real planet in EVE, and EVE ships can bombard your enemies from orbit. When you die, the equipment you were carrying is lost forever. You feel the loss, and more importantly, so will your enemy.

Free to Play
Dust is free to play with micro-transactions available; None of the equipment gives you an unfair advantage, but it does make it that much sweeter knowing the pubbie you just facesomped was bankrolled by his mom's credit card. There are also items that increase the amount of active SP & passive SP you receive, they are nice but not required. Did we mention that you don’t have to pay for using voice comms anymore?

Don’t have a PS3? First, ask yourself what’s wrong with you. Secondly, there’s a thriving secondary-market for PS3s. If you don’t mind having one without a working laser you could probably get one fairly cheaply. Since you don’t need the lasers to play DUST this works out well for you. Also, don’t worry about it being outdated when the next generation consoles are released. DUST is confirmed for the PS4.

What is Goonfeet?

Beren Hurin posted:

No but really...why do this?

Deep down inside you have to answer why it gives you pleasure to not only kill a person, see their deaths rise, then revive and kill them again....

You are not getting pleasure from 'the contest'; the procedural correction of weaknesses toward a more precise mastery of a tool.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't even a productive tool. The game is only a tool insofar as it exists to entertain. It is a banal tool in that respect... If you think that you have mastered this tool in its ability to entertain by your 'original' behavior, future forms of addiction have another thing to teach you about mastery.

The reality that you must face is that at best you and your ilk are a Troll. Not the workaday cynic, bored, forum wh*re kind of troll. But the truly warped psyche that charges people an arbitrary and hope-killing tax on enjoying life. You are like the online version of why milk needs an expiration date. You are Rot -- digitally incarnated.

If this warms you on the inside...if this strikes you as quaint and incites feelings of personal satisfaction, connection, and existential enthusiasm, you very well just might be the pathological anti-hero that the video-game critics want so very badly to exist. You very well just might be some kind of twisted sadist. However, it is a tragically supressed sadism. It is one for which you truly need help.

You are very likely neurochemically trapped by the need to exploit, to reduce, and to destroy. Be warned...the dopamine receptors that are feeding this high will deaden. What you get from this habit, lust, and addiction that you may think is creative, or authentic will taper and be found wanting.

Goonfeet is a collection of EVE goons, non-EVE players from SomethingAwful, and blues from the CFC. We range from hardcore FPS gamers to casual EVE players looking to do something in their free time. We have competitive gamers, guys who do nothing but grief teammates (we're notorious for this) while discovering cool bugs like the infinite orbital bombardment exploit that we unleashed on the universe. Unlike the former corporation 'Immobile Infantry', Goonfeet is officially backed as a GoonSwarm Federation entity. We are currently working to make the integration as painless as possible. If you're still in II you're bad and you need to get in Goonfeet yesterday.

When to Squad Up
Fighting with goons is ALWAYS better than fighting alone. For that reason we have people who have promised to run squads at predictable times so you nerds will never need to be alone.

:siren:Monday - Friday:siren:
USTZ: 08:30 p.m. EST (01:30 p.m. GMT) - Paradoxical Nature (Our CEO)
EUTZ: 04:00 p.m. GMT (11:00 a.m. EST) - Jotuun

To join the squad speak up in Dust.CFC ingame. If you don't see anyone on you have my permission raise a stink on Jabber and in the IRC.

How to join

First off, the entry requirements have changed. We are only accepting SA members in good standing that have had an ACTIVE account for at least 3 months. So J4G shitlords can :frogout:

1. Connect your PSN account to Dust 514 using one of the handy recruiter links provided below. Signing up this way gets your fellow goons a couple of free items.
2. Download Dust 514 from the PlayStation network store to your PS3.
3. Apply to the in-game corporation "Goonfeet" in-game. :siren:FEET! No L you god drat sons of bitches!:siren: If you keep timing out, add "CEO Mark Zuckerberg" to your contacts list and apply that way. Please include your PSN_ID with the in game app to save our auth guys some time.
4. Post in this thread with your character name and one of the directors will hit accept on the application.
5. Once accepted into the corp, join the in-game channel dust.CFC

Recruiter Links
Paradoxical Nature AKA Unruly Amoeba (Head of the Education Department, Chief Newbee Wrangler)
Moronic Farce
Sammus
Present
If you click on one of these links feel free to track down the guy who's name is attached to it and badger him with all the annoying questions you want. If they aren't a good mentor tell me and I'll pull their link.

Don’t forget to get into our IRC channel at irc.synirc.net #ImmobileInfantry where we answer questions and coordinate squads and events.

---- FAQ ----
1: I am a member of the PC Gaming Master Race! I like the concept, but I hate D-Pads!
A: Not really a question, but, you are able to use your precious Keyboard and Mouse natively with DUST 514.

2: Does your starting Race and Bloodline Matter?
A: Nope. You can train whatever suit you desire, without consequence. The only thing it’ll set is what system your apartment is in at the start, your portrait, the appearance of your living quarters (each race has their own) and your starting NPC Corp.

3: My mouse sensitivity is made of tar and rear end, how do I fix it?
A:

Soarer posted:

Yeah, things to check are aim assist OFF, mouse smoothing OFF, dead zone on the move to ZERO, and also make sure the controller X/Y sensitivities are equal. I play at 80 on the mouse sensitivity setting. Not sure what I have my controller sensitivities to though.

Samahiel fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

CEO Update 1-1-2014

Paradoxical Nature posted:

CEO Update for Jan ‘14
It has been some year, hasn’t it? As a corporation, we have undertaken a mass exodus, bad patches, really bad patches, and our own burn-out with a game that seems to move forward at a snail’s pace.

Yet, we are still here and we aren’t going anywhere.

Today, Uprising 1.7 is live and has breathed new life into a stale game. DUST 514 is still not the game that we want it to be, but this patch has shown us the direction it is going. It was enough of a signal to make us sit up, wipe away the cheeto dust, and take notice.

This update is about where we came from, the road ahead, and how you can help build our future.

For our players who are on walk-about or those who are curious about DUST 514 and the experience with Goons, to steal a phrase from our sister game,

“There has never been a better time.”

The Road Ahead
The road ahead is strangely optimistic for our terrible game. Faction Warfare 2 has proven to be interesting and even fun. The second iteration to Planetary Conquest might follow in the footsteps blazed by Faction Warfare; breathing new life into that as well. There’s also a Fanfest on the horizon, which might hold more genuinely good surprises. But, we need you back, squading up, and helping us harvest the tears which are ours by birthright.

Now is the time to get on and playing and I’ll go over some of the reasons to do so.

Back in Black: SPERG Alliance & the Red-Headed Stepchildren Coalition
After we wiped the cheeto-dust from our chests we realized we wanted to take a more active role in leading ourselves. To that end, we’ve left TopMen alliance and rejoined our first home, Special Planetary Emergency Response Group <SPERG>.

This allows us greater autonomy and flexibility in these fluid times. Joining us in <SPERG> is Enlightened Infantries [ENL-D], a corp spun off from Enlightened Industries [ENL-I] a corp in Goonswarm Federation <CONDI>. They are a new corp, so everyone is encouraged to show them the ropes offer them a hand, and help them shoot the pubbie menace.

We still enjoy a strong relationship with our friends in TopMen and have formed an informal (well as informal as an informal arrangement is) coalition with them, that I’ve nicknamed the Red-Headed Stepchildren Coalition. TopMen invites us to assist them in Planetary Conquest matches and general bike riding. In addition, we still retain our services at dust-gents.com. In exchange, they are still welcomed in our squads and any shenanigans we might get into in the future.

Faction Warfare
Some of you who are playing have noticed that we’ve been working with our CFC FW friends, I Whip My Slaves Back and Forth <J4LP> and running Amarr FW with them in the skies. We will be continuing to do that and I want more of you jerks showing up to help. It’s a lot of fun seeing the enemy team slump when they realize you have OB support and they don’t.

Yes, that means officially the SPERG Alliance is Amarr FW.

This does not mean that you are not allowed to go do Gallente, Caldari, or Minmatar. If you want to grind out the LP for your shinies, you will do so knowing that you will not receive air support and it will not be our initial focus when forming up.

J4LP and SPERG will be setting more standard times for Pilots to hook up with Mercs on the field, potentially around our US prime.

Introducing the Black Ops SIG
Those of you familiar with Goonfleet’s structure will know about Special Interest Groups. For those who aren’t a quick word about them. These are coteries of individuals focused on a specific mission that you can come and go as you please. The Black Ops SIG will be responsible for figuring out the best methods and practices for griefing, awoxing, and general all around tear-production that puts bugs in the pants of e-honorable console pubbies.

I’ve tapped Breakin’ Stuff and Sammus 420 to head it up and they’ll be heading squads and doing their thing. Get in touch with them if you want to join their holy mission.

Education Ministry
The Education Ministry is still recruiting writers, editors, and designers for the Newbie Guide. In the future, I’d like to see the publications released to expand to a quarterly Bitter Vet guide. We’re also looking to recruit and train new Squad Leaders and get the general goon used to ordering their fellow goons around.

8:30 PM EST/EDT Squad
I run a squad every night starting at around 8:30 PM EST. Show up, get in, and let’s go ride bikes. Consider it a standing operation where we do whatever strikes our fancy that mostly ends in people getting their faces smashed in.

World of Tanks 514
Get your asses in a Tank. In 1.7, in an attempt to give vehicles more of a defined role, vehicles got buffed. In true :ccp: fashion, they went too far in doing it while at the same time nerfing Anti-Vehicle equipment and weapons into the ground. It is up to us Goons to abuse this until CCP fixes it.

You can have a tank with 0 SP. Here’s how you should fit it:

Anti-Tank Sniper (0 SP)

Sica (MLT) (77K ISK)

MLT Rail Gun Mod
MLT Rail Gun Mod

MLT Light Repair

MLT 120mm armor railgun

Soma (MLT)
Railgun Damage Mod
Railgun Damage Mod

CPU Extender
CPU Extender

Railgun

One More Thing
I’d like to take this moment to thanks Dex for his work as CEO for our little corporation that could. His extraordinary insight and his general knowledge of both games have gone far in our growth. He has stepped down as CEO to pursue other interests, agreeing to remain active as the Alliance and Corporation Executor. He has our thanks and everyone should follow his twitter @HVACRepairman

I’m taking his place as CEO while Samahiel handles Corporation Management from his EvE Character since DUST characters do not have the tools necessary. So, if we screw up, it’s my fault -- for real this time.

Goonfeet Structure:
Alliance Executor: CEO Mark Zuckerberg / Dexter Peabody / Lovefromabove (SA: Spazzhole)

Leadership
CEO: Paradoxical Nature (SA: Unruly Amoeba)
Consigliere: Samahiel Noban (SA: Samahiel)
Auth Director: Soarer (SA: Soarer)
Director: Fuzzy Jello (SA: Fuzzy Jello)

SIG Leaders
Black Ops: Sammus 420 (SA: Sammus 420)
Black Ops: Breakin’ Stuff (SA: Lost in the Sauce)

Hangers On
Mascot: Eltra Ardell (SA: PerrineClostermann)

Chat Channels:
dust.cfc: semi-public channel and general water cooler for all of the CFC. This includes: Goonswarm Federation, TopMen., and J4LP. Not uncommon for a squad to run their voice chat through here and requests to OB or for more bodies for a PC match go here also.

dirtnglitter: public channel for Dirt N’ Glitter, a member corp in J4LP (Amarr FW)

ENL-D: public channel for alliance mates Enlightened Infantries, the DUST arm of ENL-I in Goonswarm Federation.

iWhip: public channel for the J4LP Alliance (Amarr FW) and member of the CFC.

TopMen.Pub: public channel for the TopMen. alliance. and member alliance in the Red Headed Stepchildren Coalition.

Samahiel fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 10, 2014

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just a note, it's more important to have a decent fit than a decent weapon. I've been doing very well in my Proto Medium Frame with only AR Operation 1. You honestly only "need" to go to Advanced level, which isn't much of an SP investment...unless you're new.

e: I should probably post my info sheet.

code:
Passive SP:
24k/day unboosted
36k/day boosted
168k/week unboosted
252k/week boosted

Active SP:
190k/week unboosted
285k/week boosted

Boosted:
537k/week

Unboosted:
358k/week

Time for:
500k - 2 Weeks Unboosted, 1 Week Boosted
1m - 3 Weeks Unboosted, 2 Weeks Boosted
3m - 6 Weeks Boosted
6m - 12 Weeks Boosted

Passive Booster:
7k Aur, 7 days
Month cost: 28k Aur
Two Month cost: 56k Aur
Quarter cost: 84k Aur

1 Month Passive Boosted: 1008k SP
1 Month Passive Unboosted: 672k SP
1 Month Boost Gain: 336k SP

336k SP/Month for 28k Aur

1 Month Active Boosted: 1140k SP
1 Month Active Unboosted: 760k SP
1 Month Boost Gain: 380k SP

380k SP/Month for 28k Aur (If buying from store; Merc Pack provides 30 day Active for 20 USD. 20 USD = 40k Aur.)

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 12, 2013

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

Just a note, it's more important to have a decent fit than a decent weapon. I've been doing very well in my Proto Medium Frame with only AR Operation 1. You honestly only "need" to go to Advanced level, which isn't much of an SP investment...unless you're new.

I typically run with the EXO-5 mass driver myself, It's only when I'm up against stiff resistance or a really persistent opponent that I pull out the proto "Freedom" mass driver. The difference is noticeable, and can tip the scales in your favor. But, you definitely care more when you lose a couple to being dumb.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, I'm not trying to discount better weapons. They're better for a reason. It's just that with my Exile (which, admittedly, is basically a less-damaging GEK), I often fight and kill Protosuits without much of an issue.

Also, the T1 Swarm Launcher is pretty good now. If you need AV, drop 12k SP into Swarms and pick up Hacked EX-0 AV Grenades, which require no skills.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

Oh, I'm not trying to discount better weapons. They're better for a reason. It's just that with my Exile (which, admittedly, is basically a less-damaging GEK), I often fight and kill Protosuits without much of an issue.

Also, the T1 Swarm Launcher is pretty good now. If you need AV, drop 12k SP into Swarms and pick up Hacked EX-0 AV Grenades, which require no skills.

T1 Swarms are awesome, I was using one the other day to absolutely ruin the hopes and dreams of the enemy. We had them bottle necked and they kept calling in milita LAVs to try to break out. My swarm launcher didn't even let those trucks reach ground.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samahiel posted:

T1 Swarms are awesome, I was using one the other day to absolutely ruin the hopes and dreams of the enemy. We had them bottle necked and they kept calling in milita LAVs to try to break out. My swarm launcher didn't even let those trucks reach ground.

That's always delicious. If you time it right, you can nail those jeeps just as they hop in, scoring a kill as well.

Also, ramming a dropship with an LAV is a great way to kill it. I blew up a blue dropship that way, dude was pissed. I was pleased.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Applied yesterday evening as Lune Solitaire in case my post was missed in the last topic.

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013
I've been looking at the DUST forums (which is painful by the way) and I keep seeing talk of an optional respec coming. Is this an actual thing or a pipe dream of some random player that has gotten out of control?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
PSA time:

Dust forums tryhard posted:

8.8m SP into tanks, just over 5800 shield HP and 5 milita AV nades kill me. This is not including my shield booster...active hardeners only last 10 seconds which enough time to absorbe a 1-2 shots before shutting down.

Spec into AV grenades and make really lovely tankers sad.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GoonFeet Logo

GoonFeet Emblem (will look into making it a sticker or some poo poo, I don't know)

TardedPanda posted:

I've been looking at the DUST forums (which is painful by the way) and I keep seeing talk of an optional respec coming. Is this an actual thing or a pipe dream of some random player that has gotten out of control?

That is an actual thing.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=75594&find=unread

quote:

Skill point progression: Based on your feedback we will be doing further adjustments to skill point requirements for specializations, which received a massive rework in Uprising along with the new node based visualization of the tech tree. Our plan is to address this by tweaking skill point requirements – and in that process reimburse you with the skill points that you’ve spent back to your unused skill pool. Additionally, we are planning an optional skill point respec of skill points to players via petitioning our game masters after this change occurs, in case some of you may not be completely satisfied with your original choices. We also believe that this will solve some dropsuit requirements that were changed in Uprising, giving you easier access to those items again. Details about changes to the skill point progress will be forthcoming when available, and we’ll provide an updated spreadsheet in advance of that (the previous one provided) here.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 12, 2013

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whoops, double post.

krael
Feb 4, 2009
For some reason I just love the whole Shredder thingie.

I don't know who came up with the idea of Goonfeet, but the "foot clan" is just such a drat perfect and ironic analogy.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Good fittings can help you loads. My Advanced Caldari Logistics fit costs me about 35k per fitting, has nearly 400 eHP (90 Armor, rest shields), with a crazy high recharge rate and crazy low recharge delays. It doesn't always hold up in a fight (especially with my godawful aiming skills), but being able to disengage from a fight and recharge can give me a huge edge in a fight. It's very nice. It's also worth noting that in Uprising it feels like they've lowered the power level on a lot of things. While it's offputting because so many people are in Prototype suits, a lot of the gear feels weaker. Nanohives in particular got hit hard, and suck rear end until you get to advance stage.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

krael posted:

I don't know who came up with the idea of Goonfeet, but the "foot clan" is just such a drat perfect and ironic analogy.

Bunch of us were hanging out at Fanfest and someone throught it up. Someone registered the domain right then too.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
OK, so I'm thinking of getting for a respec on my vehicle alt and turning her into an anti-vehicle specialist. Swarms are heavy weapons, right?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Huh, this game is only 1.3 gigs? Is there a lot of big patches? I'm thinking of signing up soon.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

PSA time:

Spec into AV grenades and make really lovely tankers sad.

I didn't know there were Militia AV grenades now. Still, it's probably better to grab some of those ones that require no skills and only cost two-thousand-something ISK (and are probably supposed to cost AUR, but whoops).

Also I put somewhere around 2 mil SP into tank stuff and I have a fairly effective (at least in relation to my ability to pilot it) Gunnlogi with over 6000 shields and an active hardener, pubbies can't fit for poo poo.

SpookyLizard posted:

Nanohives in particular got hit hard, and suck rear end until you get to advance stage.

I'm starting to suspect that restocking from your own Nanohive uses it up way faster than if it just restocks teammates. The other day when I dropped one of the Advanced ones (the non-triaging one) and kept getting WP from it for almost the rest of the match, and I was surprised because when I drop them for myself they seem to run out around the time I'm fully restocked.

Exioce posted:

OK, so I'm thinking of getting for a respec on my vehicle alt and turning her into an anti-vehicle specialist. Swarms are heavy weapons, right?

Nope, Swarm Launchers are Light. If you can hold an AR, you can use a Swarm.

sleeptalker fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 12, 2013

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

This looks cool. Just signed up, gonna go update my ps3 and download the game now.

I'm probably going to suck at this.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

krael posted:

The Shredder/TMNT/Foot Clan thing wasn't intentionally thought out. Hans Jagerblitzen (of EVE CSM7 fame) tweeted me the image congratulating us getting the GoonFeet name and it replaced the one we were going to use.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Just applied to Goonfeet, my ign is Goku McSkrillex.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I don't think that happens. The K-2's have 72 charges that restore like, 30% of your gear I think? So a grenade ends up eating three or four, your guns eat up a shitload, and some other poo poo. But it also removes a charge whenever it fills you up at all, so getting 1 bullet is the same as the max it will restore per charge. SO if you're standing on it and shooting it, it'll eat right the gently caress through it.

Doing some maths with Mass Drivers, btw, makes me think that the K-2's restore 1/6th of your max ammo per tick. My Exo-5 gets three rounds per tick, and I can carry a max of eighteen (six + twelve).

Nalk
Jul 13, 2009

I heard about you!
Applied to Goonfeet with Nalk Dankington

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
There are totally KB/M tooltips now. it's under mouse and keyboard controls in the options.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Uba Stij posted:

GoonFeet Logo

GoonFeet Emblem (will look into making it a sticker or some poo poo, I don't know)

That is an actual thing.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=75594&find=unread

I need bumper stickers of these.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I need to play more, been busy with League of Legends. Its a good game. Still has a few issues and certainly isn't the best FPS ever, but the fact that its tied into EVE and the sci-fi feel help set it apart. It can only get better from here, too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

krael posted:

It was a few of us on IRC, foot clan just seemed a better nickname than little ants since Cerebral was highly unlikely to relinquish that name.

Edit - thats not to say it wasnt planned out, just the posters and propaganda I've been making has been influenced by the IRC chat. I didn't even know people were talking about Goons in Dust at Fanfest other than Soarer and I.

Edit #2 - I will try to do a better banner ad but for now I made this one.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 13, 2013

DontFearTheReefer
Dec 7, 2006
Applied as Dontfear. I didn't play Eve so I'm hoping this isn't going to be one big circle jerk

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
A lot of us don't play EVE either, but it's still one big circlejerk all the same. Once you get accepted into the corp just group up with some other goons (never ever play solo) and get acclimated to how the game plays.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shoren posted:

A lot of us don't play EVE either, but it's still one big circlejerk all the same. Once you get accepted into the corp just group up with some other goons (never ever play solo) and get acclimated to how the game plays.

Its pretty mixed from what I can tell, which is a good thing as that means there will be EVE vets who can help new guys to DUST/New Eden figure things out and possibly provide some sort of support once DUST gets NullSec added.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

DontFearTheReefer posted:

Applied as Dontfear. I didn't play Eve so I'm hoping this isn't going to be one big circle jerk

It's actually mostly nerds arguing about Stargate.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpookyLizard posted:

It's actually mostly nerds arguing about Stargate.

SG-1 was only good when it was on Showtime, when they went to SciFi it just became trash.

Also can someone give me a rundown on what to expect for the "launch" tomorrow? I know Scrambler Rifle is in there somewhere, but a bunch of links are blocked at work.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

krael posted:

I am glad people appreciate it. It wasn't my idea but that Shredder is Uncle Sam poster is fabulous.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Uba Stij posted:

SG-1 was only good when it was on Showtime, when they went to SciFi it just became trash.

Also can someone give me a rundown on what to expect for the "launch" tomorrow? I know Scrambler Rifle is in there somewhere, but a bunch of links are blocked at work.

You just couldn't put up with a season without Daniel Jackson.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Uba Stij posted:

So we're getting new weapons tomorrow:
-Scrambler Rifle
-Flaylock Pistol
-Plasma Cannon

Then we're getting Planetary Conquest, which looks pretty cool.

Also hopefully we're getting more bug fixes, buffs, and nerfs. And we can petition for a skill point change if we so desire.

I think that's all.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fuzzyjello posted:

I am glad people appreciate it. It wasn't my idea but that Shredder is Uncle Sam poster is fabulous.

Yeah its one of the first things you find if you search "Foot Clan" in Google Images. I know I did an altered version with GoonFeet in it but it was decided the original was far better.

The image I suggested as a patch/sticker or whatever is also a TMNT Foot Clan logo/propaganda piece.

SpookyLizard posted:

You just couldn't put up with a season without Daniel Jackson.

I couldn't put up with most of the series towards the end. The Orai weren't horrible but they seriously rushed that story arch.

IronSaber posted:

So we're getting new weapons tomorrow:
-Scrambler Rifle
-Flaylock Pistol
-Plasma Cannon

Then we're getting Planetary Conquest, which looks pretty cool.

Also hopefully we're getting more bug fixes, buffs, and nerfs. And we can petition for a skill point change if we so desire.

I think that's all.

Is the Flaylock the hand cannon/grenade launcher CCPJian was overly excited about during his keynotes?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Honestly, I haven't really watched the last two seasons. I couldn't bring myself to continue after we lost RDA.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Uba Stij posted:

Is the Flaylock the hand cannon/grenade launcher CCPJian was overly excited about during his keynotes?

Yep. The people who played at FF reckoned it was a bit OP, so it might not be as amazing when we finally get it tomorrow. If it's amazing, I'll probably have one as my standard sidearm.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaerael posted:

Yep. The people who played at FF reckoned it was a bit OP, so it might not be as amazing when we finally get it tomorrow. If it's amazing, I'll probably have one as my standard sidearm.

I played Uprising at Fanfest, but gently caress if I remember that gun.

Edit - If you're a Medic nerd like me you'll find this very helpful

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=74229&find=unread

quote:

On the Nanite Injector, we're aware of the location mismatch between the "corpse" and the location you need to use the injector and it's on our list of things to work on.

Technically, the problem is that the "rag doll" plays individually on each client, it's not enforced into a specific location by the server. This saves some processing and network time and makes the rag doll behave better when falling against walls and other objects on your machine. Thus, the server only knows the death location, but at the same time it's only the server that is allowed to confirm that you've successfully revived someone. Nevertheless, we should be able to make this behave better.

Cheers,
CCP Draco

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

Edit - If you're a Medic nerd like me you'll find this very helpful

This is awesome. I never use the needle because I get tired of trying to figure out where the hell the dude actually died. This usually turns into me getting blasted while I run around looking at the ground like a jackass.

Also, for you triage guys, I learned last night that if you're actively repping a dude that is under fire you get the triage war points and war points for guardian.

• Locked thread