Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

heiden posted:

Finally breaking down and trying this good game with possibly the least appealing graphics around.

Do it! After a couple rounds you'll probably stop noticing the graphics completely (as I did) and get sucked into the game. Protip: protect your chick as much as possible, focus her Power (in the char status screen) and spam lightning bolt constantly. Every round she's off the field is a round you're not frying fools. If you equip her right she'll soon regen the SP cost of lightning bolt every round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Trustworthy posted:

For those of you at have been disappointed with STST, have you just been playing pubbies or something? And if so, why would you do that?

I had so many games break from server problems I just uninstalled it. I was actually really enjoying it when it was working.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Well i'm having fun with pubbies anyway...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shwqa posted:

There may never be a Card against humanity game for the iOS, but Pretend you're Xzzy works just fine.
http://pyz.socialgamer.net/game.jsp

Edit: Oh no they put a ton of MLP cards in there now :(

When I loaded the thread this post literally broke my brain for a minute. I had no idea what was going on. :smith:

Pitnicker
Apr 6, 2004

I'm so glad people are finally playing Kingturn! :neckbeard: I played through the whole campaign last month and it's definitely my favorite strategy game on iOS. Here are a few starting tips:

• Watch the tutorial video! Yes, I know it's twelve minutes long and boring as hell, but there's a lot to this game and it does not hold your hand at all, so RTFM.

• Character Focus. When you're in a character's stat screen, you'll notice that one of the statistics (usually the HP one in the top left) has a green box around it and is highlighted. This is the character's "Focus," and is essentially your ability to improve one of the character's statistics. You can move it around to any stat you want. One really handy thing is that this can even be changed in battle, so when you're at the barracks and about to recruit someone you can change it on the fly. Say you need your character to go grab a barracks you could change it over to Movement so that they could get there quicker.

• Itemize based on character's abilities: When you're deciding who to equip with what items, it can be tempting to just throw magey items on magic users and fightery items on fighter characters, but this can be a mistake. Make sure you take a look at their skills and see which statistics determine their abilities' effectiveness–sometimes what seems like a "spell" might actually use the attack statistic and vice versa. So pay attention when you're kitting out your dudes with loot.

• Hold on to powerful items you don't have a use for. Obviously there's no use for obsolete items, but mid-to-late in the campaign you start unlocking the ability to hire a ton of new mercenary classes to fill out your ranks. If you haven't held on to any of your old loot it will take a lot of time and money to equip them that you'd rather be spending on training them.

• Training tips: The highest rank to which a soldier can be trained isn't based on "class" like you might expect, but the type of weapon and armor a character can use. For example, the Mage and Priest both use staves and robes, so if your Mage is level 7 your Priest can be trained up to that level. This incentivizes you to always roll into battle with the same character of each weapon/armor class so that you can maximize your ability to train your other soldiers outside of combat. Additionally, heals and buffs grant you experience so it's worth your while to be healing characters who are barely injured if your Priest doesn't have anything better to do.

• Battle tips: The enemy can't recruit from a barracks if they already have a soldier standing on top of it. When you're trying to capture a barracks, a useful strategy is to surround it with your own troops to prevent the enemy from reinforcing it. Also, pay attention to your enemy's defenses–later in certain enemy types will be almost impervious to certain types of damage so you should field appropriate classes accordingly. Finally: stun stun stun! Classes like the Trickster become incredibly powerful later in the game with their abilities to stun. A stunned enemy is a wasted enemy, and sometimes a single stun (such as an enemy soldier standing on your opponent's barracks) can change the entire tide of a battle.

Anyway, Kingturn is fantastic and if the prologue campaign appeals to you at all you're in for a real treat with the main campaign. Oh, one last thing the game didn't make clear when I bought it: you actually have to exit from the prologue campaign back to the main menu, go to start new campaign and choose Knights of Andaria. I thought my purchase had bugged out and actually replayed the entire last prologue battle before figuring out that I had to go back to the main menu to start the game proper.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am a huge dumb. Nevermind.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I am a huge dumb. Nevermind.

Wait, what?

I am having fun with dumb ways to die. It's free. Go play it. It's like a stupid wario-ware.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
How do I play the daily levels on RUA2? I keep playing the same level over and over, regardless of whether or not I'm online.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Add me on gamecentre or whatever you have to do to play this words game so pubbies can stop quitting after one round on me. Waldorfsixpence

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Having to hit the "this counts" button when both words are identical down to the letter is a little lame.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat, hit a bug in Ace Patrol and lost all of my progress. I destroyed a train and rather than fighting to finish the map I flew a guy to the edge of the screen to escape. This brought up a combination of the the victory screen (wide shot where your planes fly away) plus the current pilot portraits, minus the portait of the guy who flew away. I could click on the portraits for my one pilot left on the field and the two enemy pilots, and see their moves, etc, but I couldn't click anywhere or move to the post-game. Force-quitting and "resume last game" brought me back to the split-second before the guy flies off the map and the thing locks up again. Nothing left to but start a new campaign. Oh well.

It's a pretty fun game regardless though.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Voodoo posted:

drat, hit a bug in Ace Patrol and lost all of my progress. I destroyed a train and rather than fighting to finish the map I flew a guy to the edge of the screen to escape. This brought up a combination of the the victory screen (wide shot where your planes fly away) plus the current pilot portraits, minus the portait of the guy who flew away. I could click on the portraits for my one pilot left on the field and the two enemy pilots, and see their moves, etc, but I couldn't click anywhere or move to the post-game. Force-quitting and "resume last game" brought me back to the split-second before the guy flies off the map and the thing locks up again. Nothing left to but start a new campaign. Oh well.

It's a pretty fun game regardless though.

This happened to me last night during the final mission of the campaign :(

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Have any SpaceAgency people earned a gold medal for mission 21 yet? I've got a silver for the mission, and it's easy enough to do (basically a moon-landing mission, but on Mars), but I was over 2 minutes below the gold medal time.

I'm thinking the fuel limits are generous enough to do massive burns to/from the moon and Mars, and that the 2 minutes could be made up in transit. Does that sound right?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

bobfather posted:

Have any SpaceAgency people earned a gold medal for mission 21 yet? I've got a silver for the mission, and it's easy enough to do (basically a moon-landing mission, but on Mars), but I was over 2 minutes below the gold medal time.

I'm thinking the fuel limits are generous enough to do massive burns to/from the moon and Mars, and that the 2 minutes could be made up in transit. Does that sound right?
I'm still working on completing it successfully but you can definitely do the initial docking procedure while en route to the moon at high speed, and as long as you pass through the moon's orbit (at high speed while only slightly altering your trajectory) you'll trip the objective for that too.

You may even be able to do the lander docking while en route from the moon to mars, which would let you get the most out of your third-stage engine's fuel and give you the wiggle room to do a high-speed burn to mars to shave off some time. Haven't tested doing the objectives out of order, though.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

I'm still working on completing it successfully but you can definitely do the initial docking procedure while en route to the moon at high speed, and as long as you pass through the moon's orbit (at high speed while only slightly altering your trajectory) you'll trip the objective for that too.

You may even be able to do the lander docking while en route from the moon to mars, which would let you get the most out of your third-stage engine's fuel and give you the wiggle room to do a high-speed burn to mars to shave off some time. Haven't tested doing the objectives out of order, though.

Huh, good point on that first one. I had always slowed down enough to orbit LUN, then burned out of orbit to get to RED. I guess you're saying, point at LUN but don't bother slowing down, just course correct once you get past LUN. That's a great idea!

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Try out Loststar Tactics.

I honestly read that as lobster tactics and was immediately disappointed on a reread.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I'd also suggest going straight back to HOM after exiting mars. Though you've probably implemented this already, since I just did it and still got a silver.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I'd also suggest going straight back to HOM after exiting mars. Though you've probably implemented this already, since I just did it and still got a silver.

Actually that's also a good idea. I actually went from RED-LUN-HOM on my silver medal run, but I don't recall having seen the HOM waypoint from RED. Are you playing on an iPhone or iPad?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
iPhone. I just totally guessed where it would be and ended up being almost dead-on. Just aim like a reticle and a quarter's space to the right of LUN's reticle and adjust as necessary while underway.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Have any of you used the pull down nav system in Space Agency? I have no idea how that calculator thing works.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Bummey posted:

Have any of you used the pull down nav system in Space Agency? I have no idea how that calculator thing works.
You can cycle through the pre-set waypoints by hitting up or down. Sometimes if you switch from your vehicle to another (like a space station module) all your waypoints disappear but you can go to the nav system, reboot it and pull up the waypoints that way.

It seems to have been included mostly for detail though.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

So I now have it to where I can make it from HOM to RED in about 5 minutes. I can see Gold in Mission 21 in sight.

But messing up and crashing into RED is so much fun. I got Space Agency for free, but I would gladly pay a few bucks for a sequel.

In my dreams I imagine that the last mission in SA 2 is a timed mission. Your job? To lift off from HOM and dock with ISS to refuel. Then burn towards LUN to intercept an asteroid the size of Texas that is headed straight for HOM, land on it, drop one of those nuke bombs into its core, fly away, and detonate it. Then land safely while dodging pieces of broken-up asteroid on descent.

Also, the game would have a random mission generator with arbitrary goals and restrictions of money.

Edit: regarding the NAV computer, they need to make it fail every once in a while just to add another layer of "oh no" to space travel.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I would love some sort of apollo 13 recreation mission. That would be hell with all the thrusters goin' everywhere, and then having to use the descent stage rocket to adjust course.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Palpek posted:

What are some good ports of big games for iphone?

I enjoyed Walking Dead, GTA 3/VC, Final Fantasy, Ghost Trick/Phoenix Wright, Bastion and some pinball games. Are there some other decent recommendations?
There is Lunar, which was worked on by several goons, myself included.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Small White Dragon posted:

There is Lunar, which was worked on by several goons, myself included.

Speaking of a Small White Dragon, Little White Bear's fabulous TriZen is :siren:free:siren: again. Tangrams are neat. Download it. And the rest of their catalog. They make good, simple puzzle games.

http://appshopper.com/games/trizen

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Is there a way to delete an app's iCloud-stored data?

I bought the new 1Password 4 and imported my settings from Dropbox, but it pulled the master password from the Windows beta software I was using a long time ago (which now won't run because the beta license has long since expired) rather than 1Password 3 on my phone, and gently caress me sideways with a gutter rake but I can't remember what that other master password was; I've tried everything I can think of.

No problem, right? Just delete, reinstall and go through the set up and import process again. Nope. It pulls the previous settings from iCloud and I can't do anything with it.

Help? :( I can just continue to use 1Password 3 because it honestly does everything I need... it's just that 4 looks prettier and has a better, more organized interface. And it cost me $20.

E: Wrong thread whatevs.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 14, 2013

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

So wait, you're saying you had your 1Password 4 database on DropBox? In that case, your master password should be the same as the master password for the database on DropBox.

Do this:

1. Download 1P4 on your iDevice.
2. Go to Settings -> Sync and uncheck iCloud, Dropbox, and File Sharing
3. Go to Settings -> Advanced and hit Erase Data
4. Go back to Settings -> Sync and only check DropBox. Feed it your DropBox credentials if it asks for them again.

That should get you operating with ONLY your DropBox 1Pass data.

Personally, I've never used iCloud to sync my 1Pass data, only DropBox. Reason being, syncing across multiple services is bound to cause a problem.

Edit: If the above absolutely doesn't work, you can most likely go to 1Pass3 on your iDevice and use the file sync method to download your 1Pass3 data onto another computer, then use 1Pass4's file sync method to get that 1Pass3 data into 1Pass4.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Star Command was updated with a slew of modifications/ improvements.

quote:

A beginners mode for new cadets! Tutorials to help you get started! Interface tweaks! And tons of bug fixes! You can't say no.

- Added beginner difficulty level
- Engineering lagging devices fixed
- Unlock larger ships and heavy difficulty
- Tips for Minigames
- Added missing countdown for a few random “yellow” missions
- Grol split period reduced, but increases 2x with every split
- Allow touch larger area to grab token
- Ammo button now disabled if no more tokens allowed
- Assign buttons disabled if room is full
- Weapon UI improvements
- 3 additional tokens (15 total) given on new game
- Max crew increased to match number of rooms
- Various other UX tweaks
- Other various bugs and adjustments to make the game more

The easier levels make the minigames much easier and less annoying.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

theblackw0lf posted:

Star Command was updated with a slew of modifications/ improvements.

The easier levels make the minigames much easier and less annoying.

Now I'm considering grabbin' it. Is it worth it at this point?

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Bummey posted:

Cycling through the presets can let you do ridiculous long distance shots when things are more than 999 away and so don't show up at the edge of the screen. There's a little compass in the top left for the currently selected thingy.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Teddybear posted:

Don't know about others but I've rather enjoyed it.
It has moments of crazy amounts of ship-wide destruction bracketed by slow methodical crew placement, repairs and ammo manufacturing. It's fairly laid back for the majority of the time. Repetitive, but considering what gets haled as good on ios, that doesn't exactly mean much.
It's nothing close to as massive as they claimed it was going to be but it's a far cry from the shitstorm some might insist it is.
Also it looks like features are going to be patched (they're in as "coming soon") in at some point.
I'm hoping for diplomatic options, more alternate room types, the ability to invade their ships and large ships (kind of expect this considering they label the large ships right now as 'medium')

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
It sold pretty decently its first week, so they've got a chunk of change to invest in further development. One reason they're hiring a writer.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
Just finished the Kingturn free prologue campaign, goddamn this game is good but also really expensive (4,49€ iirc). You really stop caring about the graphics about 10 minutes into the game because it's so much fun. Could only finish the first two battles on the hardest difficulty, so the gameplay is really challenging, too. Guess I'll pick up an appstore giftcard tomorrow to buy it!

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Teddybear posted:

I would wait for more content. It's really boring after the first run.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Blitz Brigade is pretty awesome. Even though it's a shameless TF2 copy. It looks and plays great. It's just a shame most of the games i've played, players quit, or just stand there.

Also, Survivalcraft seems to be better than Minecraft PE. Even though it's missing a few things like farming, it has its own unique features, but the main thing is that the world is infinite. The world in Minecraft PE is too small.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

bobfather posted:

So wait, you're saying you had your 1Password 4 database on DropBox? In that case, your master password should be the same as the master password for the database on DropBox.

Do this:

1. Download 1P4 on your iDevice.
2. Go to Settings -> Sync and uncheck iCloud, Dropbox, and File Sharing
3. Go to Settings -> Advanced and hit Erase Data
4. Go back to Settings -> Sync and only check DropBox. Feed it your DropBox credentials if it asks for them again.

That should get you operating with ONLY your DropBox 1Pass data.

Personally, I've never used iCloud to sync my 1Pass data, only DropBox. Reason being, syncing across multiple services is bound to cause a problem.

Edit: If the above absolutely doesn't work, you can most likely go to 1Pass3 on your iDevice and use the file sync method to download your 1Pass3 data onto another computer, then use 1Pass4's file sync method to get that 1Pass3 data into 1Pass4.

I had my ios app 1Password 3 database in Dropbox. I had previously used 1Password's Windows beta software as well, and apparently I used a different master password on the PC than I did on the phone. After installing 1Password 4 on my phone and importing my data from Dropbox, iCloud took over and is, for some reason, using the now defunct and forgotten PC version's master password. Deleting and reinstalling does nothing because iCloud automatically loads the data upon running and I don't know the password.

I can't do step 1 because I'm presented with a password prompt that I can not bypass, thanks to iCloud.

I want to delete the iCloud stored data for 1Password 4 so I can either try importing again or straight up readd all my accounts as a new database.

E: or I could turn on airplane mode so it can't access iCloud. Durrrr. I'll try that.

That did it! Durrr

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 14, 2013

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Teddybear posted:

This pretty much sums up my feelings about it. I picked it up, and didn't really enjoy it all that much. I'm hoping they will continue development on it.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Corridor posted:

Motherfuckin' Baroque is on the iOS, portable Baroque gently caress yeah! :black101:

...except it has absolutely the worst controls I've played on this system, ever. :(

I've never played the original but I'm treating it like Dark Souls and enjoying the hell out if it.
I think the main problem is the camera is way too close. You could play it in first person. It still is a very clever and unique game and I'm surprised more people aren't playing it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Whoa, what the gently caress? And it came out in December? I remember hearing about it when it came out on consoles and it sounded up my alley. Nice that its free to try out (ouch, $18 IAP to unlock the full game though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headfake
Aug 6, 2011

You can also delete iCloud data under Settings - General - Usage - iCloud - Manage Storage (select app and there is an Edit button in the upper right).

• Locked thread