Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Gadvac posted:

To be fair, if they had tried to spread it out over Chapter 1 it would've been obvious and, considering he's not exactly the kind of person to spill out his life story, kind of odd.

DR1's had a couple of fakeouts with the whole 'exposition means death' thing, such as Fukawa's two mothers thing. If we're going by that though, Kuzuryuu and Nidai might be in trouble (Kuzuryuu talking about his sister and Nidai's insistence on the whole 'I'm just a coach' thing).

I don't think both Owari and Nidai are going to survive till the endgame, which makes me sad, but it might make for some heart-wrenching moments ("You promised... we'd fight again...").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I have to stop myself from guessing. The remaining cast from DR2 either looks too obvious so my gut reaction is they'll never die, or they just have end game survivor written all over them. And when I go back and look at the cast of DR1 even with posterior knowledge everyone looks like they're going to die besides sakura. I'm clearly terrible at this I'm just going to stop thinking and be surprised when it happens.

Seriously I could see any of these DR2 guys going the distance.

Apollo Justice
Apr 28, 2013

Believe me, any comic relief I may provide is entirely unintentional.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I don't think both Owari and Nidai are going to survive till the endgame, which makes me sad, but it might make for some heart-wrenching moments ("You promised... we'd fight again...").

I agree, though one of them better survive. They're both such awesome characters. I'm guessing that Owari will probably live if only one of them does, because she has more room for character development in my opinion.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Apollo Justice posted:

because she has more room for character development in my opinion.

Is that what they're calling it these days?

edit: No, seriously though. Why do you feel that? I don't think we've seen enough of either to say anything about their character development.

Stroth fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 13, 2013

Apollo Justice
Apr 28, 2013

Stroth posted:

Is that what they're calling it these days?

edit: No, seriously though. Why do you feel that? I don't think we've seen enough of either to say anything about their character development.

Based on their fight and her overall parts in the story thus far, she oscillates between kinda lazy and laid-back and very intense and reckless. Nidai, while certainly not what I'd call level headed, is still seemingly a lot more grounded than she is currently. However she has a lot of potential, as he himself notes (which I believe to translate to her character as well as physical capabilities). We don't have that much to work with at the moment it's true, but that's just how I feel based on what we have seen so far. I don't claim it to be the truth, just a hunch or gut feeling.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Also, Nidai is a super high school level coach - he's literally a mentor figure. If he doesn't inspire someone to great success, he doesn't live up to his title, and it looks like Owari is going to be his pupil.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I've been assuming all along that Owari should make it to the end just because of her name.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

I've been assuming all along that Owari should make it to the end just because of her name.

What's so special about her name?

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...

DaveWoo posted:

What's so special about her name?

Owari can mean 'The End'.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Madoushi posted:

Yeah, when I realized that, I started wondering if she has some kind of connection to our protagonist that we're as yet unaware of, since "Hajime" means "Beginning."

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Madoushi posted:

I was thinking it was a possible reference to Oda Nobunaga's home province: I've been thinking of our Akane as "The Fool of Owari" in homage to Nobunaga. Am I off base here? (Maybe they're spelled differently in Japanese)

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, when I realized that, I started wondering if she has some kind of connection to our protagonist that we're as yet unaware of, since "Hajime" means "Beginning."
If "beginning" is the opposite of "end", is it a hint that Owari will be a foil to Hinata...? :tinfoil:

My gut instinct says no (Owari is too :effort: to do all the mastermind stuff and does not seem to be good underling material), but it is an interesting thought.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Apollo Justice posted:

Based on their fight and her overall parts in the story thus far, she oscillates between kinda lazy and laid-back and very intense and reckless. Nidai, while certainly not what I'd call level headed, is still seemingly a lot more grounded than she is currently. However she has a lot of potential, as he himself notes (which I believe to translate to her character as well as physical capabilities). We don't have that much to work with at the moment it's true, but that's just how I feel based on what we have seen so far. I don't claim it to be the truth, just a hunch or gut feeling.

Makes the most sense, really. The mentor surviving until the end instead of the pupil would be a massive subversion of usual storytelling.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Madoushi posted:

Really? Interesting.

Also, I just read over in the 999 thread that the names "Akane" and "Aoi" mean "Red" and "Blue", respectively, so I guess there's that possible connection as well. Don't know if any of it really means anything, though.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

DaveWoo posted:

Really? Interesting.

Also, I just read over in the 999 thread that the names "Akane" and "Aoi" mean "Red" and "Blue", respectively, so I guess there's that possible connection as well. Don't know if any of it really means anything, though.

Clearly this means Owari is Asahina in disguise. :tinfoil:
No, but seriously I think there is a connection, between Asahina and Owari, at least in a thematic and design sense. Both of them are enormous gluttons, but Asahina tries hard, trusts people, and is generally sweet, whereas Owari is lazy, aggressive, and hotheaded. And they vaguely look like they could be sisters.

Apollo Justice
Apr 28, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Makes the most sense, really. The mentor surviving until the end instead of the pupil would be a massive subversion of usual storytelling.

Though since this is Dangan Ronpa, I guess that makes it a possibility. Twists you never expect.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hagakure had nothing but jokes going for him and he survived till the end. She could be the surviving comic relief character.
See to me, Sonia feels like she'd full this comic relief survivor role than Ibuki would.

TroubleHalved
May 10, 2013
If Sonia doesn't end up being evil, I'll be pretty surprised. Or at least a cheerful usurper. But that might make her too much like Junko?
I'm mostly curious about all the Nirvana references. I really hope that's not just a random tribute someone put in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hope Sonia survives through to the end because of her calm professionalism imparted by a lifetime of practicing to be a government figurehead and diplomat, as befitting her status as a heir to the throne of a small European state. Sort of like Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday, except with a murderous bear.

Come on, nobody would see that coming.

Also I really think Mikan needs to start treating Ibuki's rabies if it isn't too late already :ohdear:

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 13, 2013

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
Finally caught up with the thread, and it's lovably irritating how you can learn so much and have even more questions than before, but I won't try to repeat too much from the ten pages I had to read through. Except that even if Togami's presence in both games wrecks the idea that DR1 is happening inside those ruins as DR2 goes on, it would be loving amazing if the vault door opened midway through this game and a confused Naegi wonders who the nutjob cosplaying as himself is...

But anyway, onto my real point: something's been bothering me with Souda and the current theory that Nagito's locked in that bathroom. If that's where they were keeping the bastard, wouldn't Souda have been more determined to keep Hinata away from the beach house and less eager to have other people essentially hang around and party/frollick/swim/whatever? Neither Souda nor Nekomaru are clever enough to try hiding someone under the noses of everyone else. If they threw Nagito into a makeshift hoosegow, the last thing they'd do is be inviting and ready to party with the next person who came along.

ProxyPawaa
May 11, 2013
I reached it. The summit of Dangan Ronpa.

And now to cry because I'm at curreennnnntttttt. I guess this is a good thing, seeing as I have like all the homework due day after tomorrow.

I'd just like to mention something to the thread here, to illustrate how painfully stupid the thread can be.... The general consensus at the beginning of the original Dangan Ronpa was that Togami would be the first to be offed. Then, after the first trial, the next. Reading that was so painful that I had to stop reading the comments inbetween posts, not because I had been spoiled, but just because the forum speculation was horrible. XD So, noting that, I'll try my best to refrain from shooting out dumb comments on who's the obvious next victim.

Anyways, I only hope that Saionji isn't involved with this one. Just being positioned to the far left of the people surviving wall makes me feel as if her death is inevitable, but I wanna see more of her cruelty before she goes. :P

Idk why, I just enjoy her character. Sort of like she's the new Celes of this game for me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
So far she seems a lot smarter than Celes though. If she ends up killing someone, it'll be far less obvious, and way less stupid.

ProxyPawaa
May 11, 2013
Yeah. I honestly saw that entire murder happening way before the arc even happened. Just watching Celes and that one guy she used interact told me he'd help her somehow. Tbh, her needing a rivalry to convince him to do it was the part that surprised me. I wouldn't have seen it as OOC if he just did it because she told him too.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I honestly haven't been able to check the last 200 something pages to check if this has come up before, so I apologize if it has, but speaking of Saionji, has it been brought up that besides Sonia and her giant dress, hers is the only official art to not pretty much match up how she appears in game.

And how her hair only has one whatever you call that hair decoration, and not the two she appears with in game.

It's nothing huge, but at the same time, this is Dangan Ronpa, and something as small as facial features and the like have been enough to have meaning before.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

Crawfish posted:

I honestly haven't been able to check the last 200 something pages to check if this has come up before, so I apologize if it has, but speaking of Saionji, has it been brought up that besides Sonia and her giant dress, hers is the only official art to not pretty much match up how she appears in game.

And how her hair only has one whatever you call that hair decoration, and not the two she appears with in game.

It's nothing huge, but at the same time, this is Dangan Ronpa, and something as small as facial features and the like have been enough to have meaning before.
Aoi's artwork featured her wearing a swimsuit, and that never ever mattered, so I wouldn't think too much about that.

Spatula City posted:

So far she seems a lot smarter than Celes though. If she ends up killing someone, it'll be far less obvious, and way less stupid.
To tell the truth, Celes seemed to be pretty smart, too... right until her murder. You knew that she's going to do it, but expected it to be one of the most difficult cases to solve, and it wasn't.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

SingerOfW posted:

To tell the truth, Celes seemed to be pretty smart, too... right until her murder. You knew that she's going to do it, but expected it to be one of the most difficult cases to solve, and it wasn't.

Case 3 was the one and only case where there was no outside interference. Everything went exactly as Celes planned it. Which is why it was so easy to solve - it didn't have any of the inconsistencies of the other cases, inconsistencies caused by multiple people working at cross-purposes. Once you grasped the concept behind the murder, everything fell into place at once.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It also helped that Celes went suspiciously silent for a long period of time once they started closing in on the truth.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Finally glad I can catch up to this thread after reading all of Dangan Ronpa 1.

But anyway, that mini game with Monomi seems like a better version of Pokemon Rangers. You say the mini game is badly program but, if I could do some of the thing that Monomi did in Rangers, that game would be ten times better.

Also after seeing this update I starting to think that Hope's Peak Private Academy may have wanted to make a abroad campus on a island close to Hawaii or some other islands that was controlled by some English speaking country.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

I just wanted to share some fan art I drew of Ibuki today.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
That's pretty fantastic, I think.

TroubleHalved
May 10, 2013
That's really cute! Ibuki is the objectively the best.
...Let us form a prayer circle for her. :ohdear:

BigDB
Mar 21, 2013
That's pretty good! The More Ibuki appreciation the better.
...I shall join this Ibuki payer circle. :ohdear:

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Beautiful Ruin

What is this...? What is such a huge building doing here?

It is completely weathered down... It seems much like an old ruin, does it not?

I don’t think it’s “much like” an old ruin... I think it is an old ruin.

Um... Does anyone else think it kinda looks like... a school?

Music stops

A school...?

Now that she said it... it's true. There's certainly something school-like about it.

Re: Despair-Syndrome

In fact, it looks a lot like...

Like... Hope's Peak Academy...

Beautiful Ruin

But... was there really anything special about that school building? There are bound to be other buildings all over the world that look like it...

It’s just a coincidence...

...right?

So, what’d ya find, Nanami? You... did find something, right?

If it's something boring, I'm gonna kill you...

Hey, what are you even doing here?

That girl can be very persistent... I came just to shut her up.

Could it be that she's already found a way off the island?

No, that's not it.

What else could be so important? I'd much rather play in the bathtub with big sis Koizumi!

So... what is it that you found?

Whatever she found, she called us all here to show us... What could it be?

Before we find out, there's that usual procedure of speaking to everyone.

Chiaki-chan sure was keen on investigating these ruins! Ya think she's a ruins fanatic or something?

Uyu... I'm sorry...
W...What are you apologizing for?

I...I got so absorbed in the pharmacy... that I forgot to look for ways off the island...!

...She probably couldn't think of anything other than giving people shots.

Was there at least anything useful at the pharmacy?

I'm not sure if it's useful or not... but there's lots of medicine... Hee hee hee... shot after shot after shot...
Yep... you’re all about those shots.

I...I'm sorryyyyyyy!

I searched all over the library, but I couldn't find any way off the island.

But I read the latest issue of my favorite occult magazine! That was a great discovery!

I think you're the only one happy about that...

I didn't find anything to do with escaping the island at the beach...
It would be great if there's something here...

Heh heh... Ol' man Nidai sure is strong...

I'll definitely beat him before we escape this place!

I wish you'd help with finding a way to escape first...

Hmhmhm... A new, uncharted isle, scoured in search of something “helpful”...

But there was none such to be found! Only grief! But that, too, can prove amusing!

In other words, he didn’t find anything useful here either.

Hey, after we’re done with these ruins...
Let's invite Sonia-san and go for a swim at the private beach!

Sorry, sorry! I meant to say, we're gonna invite everyone! Ya with me?

Yep. As easygoing as ever.

For all the fuss she made, this had better be good... or else.

Let’s get on with it, already! I want to play with big sis Koizumi in the bath some more!

By the way... did you find Komaeda anywhere?
No... I haven't seen him...

Hmmm...

For heaven's sake... First Kuzuryuu and now him too? You men need to get a hold of yourselves!

I asked everyone. No one seems to have seen Komaeda.

But... Souda and Nidai were both clearly shaking again. They are likely hiding something...

So, did you find something here, Nanami?
If it's not something that can help us off the island... does it have to do with the island's secret?

Hmmm... I am not so sure about that myself.

...What do you mean?

There is something... unbalanced about this building. Something that's clearly unnatural.

It's like... taking a manga about baseball and making a side-scrolling action game based on it...
It's that level of unnaturalness.
...I'm not sure I follow.

Here. Take a look at that door.

Door...?

Let's take a closer look at that door.

This thing is so dusty I can't make any details... Is this the door?

Yeah. That seems to be the door to these ruins.

So, what’s so special about it? Can we go inside?

Before we try going inside...
First, let's try sweeping all the dust off.
If we do that... you'll see what I meant when I said this place is "unnatural"... I think.

I don't really get you... but whadda we got to lose?
Y...Yeah...

We did as Nanami told us, and cleaned the dust and vegetation off the door with our hands.

Then...

Ocean Breeze Dead End

What the...? This door doesn't look like it belongs in a ruin at all...!
It looks like... something out of a science fiction movie, doesn't it? She’s right, it does seem out of balance...
That's not all... what’s that mark on the door?
Hmmm... It appears to be letters of some sort...
Ah! He's right!
U...Um... I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but...
I think the word that's written here is "Future"...

...Future?

I try to avoid linguistic commentary of any kind, but this time it's unavoidable. That mark does indeed look like the word 未来 "mirai", which means "future".

Oi, who cares about what's written on that door?!
Instead of worrying about that, we should look for a way to open it! We have to see what's inside, don't we?!

I think that's an LCD panel next to the door... Maybe that has something to do with it?

Yeah, that's it! That has to be the key!
I'm sure if we type in a password or something, the door will open!

Yeah, yeah, you’re a genius. But, so what?
We don't have a single hint. It would be impossible to figure out the password.

Or are you saying that what's impossible for the average person is easy with your Yakuza superpowers? Impressive!

S...Shut up... We can at least try guessing... Who knows, we might hit the jackpot.

Ah. I think it's better to wait. Doesn't that look dangerous?

Aa? What the hell do you mean?

I mean... doesn't that thing next to the panel look like a gun?
...That is, it is a gun, isn't it?
A... gun...?
What?! That's a gun?!
If it is... this might be dangerous.
It's possible we'll get shot if we type in the wrong password... right?

Keh...!
S...Seems like we're out of options... We have to give up... for now.

Pffft... Gotten scared?

I told you to shut up! Or maybe you'd prefer to try it yourself?!

But... for such a ruins-like building to be sealed with a door straight out of science fiction...
As I said, it's unnatural. I’m sure this place is special.

The question is... what’s special about it?

Miss Monomi's Practice Lesson

Um...

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

Um...

...No comment out of either of you?

You two must know all about this building! Go on, spill!

No... I know absolutely nothing about it...

Me too... I have no clue...

Anyway... You should all go gathering Hope Shards now...

Are you kidding?! The two of you? Know nothing? You really think we’re gonna buy that?!

This door was even hidden under a thick layer of dust... That was also your work, wasn't it?

Do you mean they hid it on purpose? That does make sense...

Will you do me a favor and stop talking back like an equal? Know your place, trash-girl.

Hiii! I...I'm sorry!

Apologize, right now!

I...I just did, didn't I?! I said I'm sorry...!

Beautiful Ruin

Perhaps... the fact that the island's residents aren't around has to do with this heavily armored door?
Could this place be, in essence, a shelter where the residents are hiding?

Did something really happen here that requires a shelter? In that case... aren't we in danger as well?

Hmmm... Lots of possibilities are crossing my mind...

But, it doesn't seem we'll be able to confirm them right now. This door is incredibly sturdy, you see.
I don't mean that just in the physical sense. Its very essence is the same.

...Huh? What are you saying?

You see... Me and Monomi may have the power to appear and disappear at will, but we can't go inside this door.

Eh? You can't enter it either? That means that just like me...

Re: Mr. Monobear's Extracurricular Lesson

Hey! Enough careless remarks out of you!!
Ugyaaaaaaaaaa!
Being hit by a faster-than-sound meteor attack is weally bad for my health!

Well, then. Now that I've silenced my little sister with my fantastic Pegasus Fist, let's continue...
This is Jabberwock's mystery, you see. A mystery even me and Monomi can't solve.

Which is why I have high expectations from you bastards! I fully expect you to overcome this hurdle yourselves!

Oh? We can easily do that, you know.
All we have to do is ask. Remember what that black and white raccoon told us a couple of days ago?

Re: DISTRUST

There are sixteen of you bastards here, right?
But, there were only supposed to be fifteen Hope’s Peak Academy students coming to this island! Isn’t that weird?
I've got it! It means one of you is a traitor, whose identity is unknown even to me!
...Or something.

There is a "traitor" among us. That's what that mess of a raccoon said.

Ahahaha! You may call me a mess or a raccoon, but I won't get depressed!!

You sure look like you did!

That "traitor" must know, right? They have to know how to open this door...
I'm sure there's a boat or some way to communicate with the outside world hidden behind it.

Or perhaps... that's where whoever is operating Monobear and Monomi are hiding!

B...But... do we really have a traitor among us?

Of course we do! Who is it? Come out and reveal yourself right now!

T...There is no twaitor... No one here is a twaitor!

Hey, Monobear! How about it? It was you who told us about it in the first place...

Upupupupupu...

...Is something funny?

By the way, are you bastards aware of the organization known as the World Destroyers?
...The World Destroyers?

H...Hey, we're asking the questions here. Don't just change the subject!

I understand why you want to avoid it... That's such an embarrassing title, "World Destroyers".
That's not even something you'd come up with in elementary school. It's like a kindergarten kid made up that name!

But they really exist, so there's nothing we can do about it! There really is such an organization!

And what is this... organization?

Just like their name says...

Music stops

They destroyed the world!

Ocean Breeze Dead End

D...Destroyed the world?!!

This is not an exagerration or a metaphor. These guys really did destroy the world.
So that title, "World Destroyers", is actually very appropriate, don't you think?
Then these people are... terrorists of some kind?

Terrorists, huh...? I guess you could call them that.
But, "terrorists" is the title given to the losers. Once they win, they become known as "heroes".

And so... I guess these guys are heroes.
They're heroes who destroyed the world!

S...Stop being so incomprehensible! What are you trying to say?
Are you saying they’re the ones who put us in this situation?

"World Destroyers"? What the hell? Doesn't that make Monobear and Monomi also members of that organization?

Who knows? I can only say one thing...
Both the true identity of the traitor, and whoever brought you bastards to this island...

It's all part of the World Destroyers’ plan.

W...What the hell did we do to be targeted by such a scary organization?!

Don’t fall for this! This is just like that nonsense about our supposed missing memories. A bluff, to try and back us into a corner.
There is a limit to foolishness, and "the World Destroyers" crosses it...
There is no such organization... and no traitor!

Monobear. I will listen to your jests later, as I smoke a cigar standing over your corpse.

Sigh... I did my best to tell you all that, and you're calling me a liar?!

Grr... When I'm treated like that, strange things happen to all sorts of regions in my body!

Anyway, it's the truth! The World Destroyers are this island's final boss!
And in addition, one of their members has managed to sneak into your group!
That's why you must find out who it is... and kill them!

W...Wait! If you don't stop now...!

You're being too loud again, Monomi! Punishment awaits little sisters who don't obey their brothers!

Noooo!! Don't pull my ears! Y...You're going to tear them off!!

Beautiful Ruin

Monobear and Monomi disappeared, leaving us in an unprecedented state of confusion.

W...What was that all about?

Anyone here get any of that...?

Not one bit.

Yaaaaaaawn...

Anyway... it's getting late. How about we go back for today?
We'll get nowhere if we try to think about it too hard... I think.
I...I guess you're right, but...

Well, it will get dark soon, so it probably is best to quit for today.
...So, see you guys tomorrow.

Music fades out

We explored the new island thoroughly, and all we found...

...were more mysteries.

As that depressing thought sank into my head, I returned to my cottage.

Re: Welcome Despair Academy

I'm exhausted. Too much walking around...

Besides... all these incomprehensible mysteries are making my head hurt.
Strange ruins and a strange door... and a traitor...

And then there's this... "World Destroyers" organization...

I don't get any of it. It's just making me restless.

I guess I should just go to bed...

I lay my tired body on the bed, and closed my eyes.

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

Monobear Theater

The food I hate most is, undoubtedly, crab.
Next, I also hate things like shrimps and apples and tomatoes and cod roe.
I hate red food, you see.
All red food has crab mixed into it. That's why it's red.
It's all part of the crab industry's conspiracy to make me overcome crab!
Do they really think I'd fall for that?!
I firmly refuse to eat red food!
Much like that, there are many conspiracies lurking in our society. Even right there where you live.
Stay vigilant, everyone!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Okay, so wild guess, but maybe all of them are part of the World Destroyers, except for the 'traitor'.

I really like how savvy this cast is - they picked up right away it looked like a school, possibly even Hope's Peak.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hmm, assuming this is a true sequel, maybe the World Destroyers are the survivors from DR1?

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

orenronen posted:

Monobear. I will listen to your jests later, as I smoke a cigar standing over your corpse.

I love Gundam so much.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

orenronen posted:

Re: Mr. Monobear's Extracurricular Lesson

Hey! Enough careless remarks out of you!!
Ugyaaaaaaaaaa!
Being hit by a faster-than-sound meteor attack is weally bad for my health!

Well, then. Now that I've silenced my little sister with my fantastic Pegasus Fist, let's continue...

Oh my god, I did not expect a Saint Seiya reference like that out of Monobear.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

orenronen posted:

Chiaki-chan sure was keen on investigating these ruins! Ya think she's a ruins fanatic or something?

Chiaki Nanami: Tomb Raider, anyone?

quote:

Anyone willing to draw this?

Anyway, I'm curious as to why neither Monomi or Monobear can't enter the ruins, or what Monomi was going to say, that they're both controlled perhaps? Also, I'm betting that the gun next to the door doesn't work, and is just there to intimidate people.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
Indeed.

Good thing that this was something that is found out early in the game, and not another case of the LP format accidentally making subtle hints more obvious. Well, it really was, but nothing that might've destroyed speculation right away.

And it feels weird to not have voiced dialogue for Monobear's martial arts demonstration. But at least we got a new expression for Kuzuryuu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you're not clicking the music links, at least listen to DISTRUST. Good god that track is great.

• Locked thread