Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Aphrodite posted:

Free Bane costume in next week's compatibility patch.

I'm not a Spanish expert but I think his shirt says Hard Penis.

It means hard rock or cliff.

EDIT: I'm Spanish didn't think it was a contextualized definition, my bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I forget where these guys are from but ConsoleCombat is streaming Injustice matches: http://www.twitch.tv/consolecombat

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ack Krad/Gasti you gave me a good thrashing. I'm giving up on Raven, I just can't put up with her poo poo!

For everyone else: How do you have the patience to play characters with slow lead-ups? I'm trying desperately to shift away from Catwoman but I just get really frustrated when my attacks have crap priority and I get put in the corner and smashed to pieces that I just go crawling on back. I think I have battered wife syndrome.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Ack Krad/Gasti you gave me a good thrashing. I'm giving up on Raven, I just can't put up with her poo poo!

For everyone else: How do you have the patience to play characters with slow lead-ups? I'm trying desperately to shift away from Catwoman but I just get really frustrated when my attacks have crap priority and I get put in the corner and smashed to pieces that I just go crawling on back. I think I have battered wife syndrome.

Sounds like you should give Doomsday a try. Still a brawler, can push back like no one else.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I forget where these guys are from but ConsoleCombat is streaming Injustice matches: http://www.twitch.tv/consolecombat

These guys are about to start a smallish tournament, it seems.

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more
I guess it's a bit unfair to say Art hasn't embraced the game, he actually does a lot to hype it up. I was just surprised to see his Sinestro combos but I suppose you can't really blame him because sometimes the latency in this game is pretty bad.

I switched over from Sinestro to Superman (thanks EC for the video) and took him online getting a 12 game streak in ranked. Fun character, if he struggles against anybody it's (for me anyway) catwoman and other pure rushdown types and his wakeup isn't great but overall he's really solid. F23 xx breath so good.

Does anybody know if Alex Valle's GT is calipower? because I bodied a Harley with that name and he was from the US. Probably not him but fun to imagine my scrub rear end beating an OG like him.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

JohnnyBigPotatoes posted:

Does anybody know if Alex Valle's GT is calipower? because I bodied a Harley with that name and he was from the US. Probably not him but fun to imagine my scrub rear end beating an OG like him.

He is calipower on Xbox but I've only ever seen him playing Flash or Joker, so I would guess that maybe someone else was playing with his login at Super Arcade or something.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

Sounds like you should give Doomsday a try. Still a brawler, can push back like no one else.

I really should, but I'm afraid I'll actually like him. I don't like picking super heavy dudes like that because I get stuck in a rut with them. Tager ruined blazblue for me, for instance.

I'll just take a break for a couple of days and bet my future on Babs.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

gannyGrabber posted:

I really should, but I'm afraid I'll actually like him. I don't like picking super heavy dudes like that because I get stuck in a rut with them. Tager ruined blazblue for me, for instance.

Just play what you like, man.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

gannyGrabber posted:

I'll just take a break for a couple of days and bet my future on Babs.

Doomsday really doesn't play much like a heavy, in the sense that he can get in fairly easily between trait and his amazing forward dash, as well as MB Supernova if you're careful. Also, unlike most heavy characters, one of his biggest problems is that he doesn't have the best damage output, but he makes up for it by being able to bully people all over the map.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Goon Room?

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

JohnnyBigPotatoes posted:

I was watching his stream the other day and he was training Flash in ranked when he accidentally picked Harley one game and got blown up for it, so that might have been him. I don't think he'd ever played the character before.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

XBL? sure.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Room up as GOONZ. Gonna be back in 5-10 min.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

GGs to everyone in the room. I forgot how bad Superman blows up Doomsday's trait :downs:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Did I miss all the XBL super fun?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I picked up a really hilarious way to gently caress with people who hide their character select cursor on reddit. Once you get to the stage select screen back out real quick and start moving from character to character. They'll move from their character thinking they were picking a stage and wont be able to hear the clicks as they move from one character to another. Kind of a dick move but I had a guy quit on me as a result so I'm calling it a success.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

PantsBandit posted:

So I picked up a really hilarious way to gently caress with people who hide their character select cursor on reddit. Once you get to the stage select screen back out real quick and start moving from character to character. They'll move from their character thinking they were picking a stage and wont be able to hear the clicks as they move from one character to another. Kind of a dick move but I had a guy quit on me as a result so I'm calling it a success.

You know you get a loss for quits, right?

Also you're an rear end in a top hat.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Lurdiak posted:

You know you get a loss for quits, right?

Also you're an rear end in a top hat.

Yep, and yep I probably am. It's mostly harmless though since they can just show their cursor again and get their bearings.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

Man I'd rather have a dude do hidden select than obviously wait for me to pick first.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

sponsz posted:

Man I'd rather have a dude do hidden select than obviously wait for me to pick first.

I think I'm going to start doing hidden select just because I'm so sick of people doing that.

Play a character you like, rear end in a top hat, don't just try to counterpick me with characters you don't even know how to play. :mad:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

sponsz posted:

I hate this "metagame" type poo poo. Players who immediately jerk the cursor to Deathstroke, then click click click along all the characters in the same row for thirty or forty seconds, then LOL RANDOM go all the way over to Shazam and sit on him for ten seconds, only to roll back to Deathstroke with two seconds left on the timer... OOOOHHHH MIND GAMES!

I can understand in a tourney situation when players know each other's styles and matchups really closely and personally, and often have pocket characters that they can pull out and do crazy things with, but online? Give me a break. I'll probably never play the same Ranked user twice...

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I used to do hidden character select. I main'd Bane and a lot of people simply did not know how to deal with him. If the person didn't quit after the first match, for the second match I would pick my second character - Black Adam - and destroy their gimmick Deathstroke (it was ALWAYS Deathstroke). After that, if they stayed, we tended to have decent matches. Unless their TrueSkill was above 25 - this was the magic number that meant I was going to be destroyed.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I'm also guilty of using hidden select on occasion. Playing a lame rear end zoning Superman is fun, but hidden select into lame rear end zoning Superman just feels better!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm a badass that does hidden cursor and random select. :c00lbert:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

strangemusic posted:

I hate this "metagame" type poo poo. Players who immediately jerk the cursor to Deathstroke, then click click click along all the characters in the same row for thirty or forty seconds, then LOL RANDOM go all the way over to Shazam and sit on him for ten seconds, only to roll back to Deathstroke with two seconds left on the timer... OOOOHHHH MIND GAMES!

I've seen this happen in other fighting games, and it never makes much sense to me. It's like, I picked my character almost immediately, who are you trying to fool with making it look like you're going to pick someone else?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Question, what's the point of ranked matches if my rank keeps going up and down with every player match I play? At least that's what I see whenever I'm in a room and can see my wins and losses.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've seen this happen in other fighting games, and it never makes much sense to me. It's like, I picked my character almost immediately, who are you trying to fool with making it look like you're going to pick someone else?

All of you guys are posting reasons I almost never get into ranked games. The main reason is that I would say half the time their connection is absolute dogshit and makes the game unplayable, the other reason is that playing some dude once teaches me absolutely nothing and most of the people playing ranked I can beat because half of them don't even block, which is supremely boring. Playing with goons is 5000x better, the other time is spent noodling around in practice or doing arcade mode or something.

I did do a player match KotH and get 8 wins in a row as Raven, though, it's really funny to see people start to drop out when you have 2 wins in a row, then basically everyone disappeared once I was at 4 wins, only one guy remained to play a few games.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Krad posted:

Question, what's the point of ranked matches if my rank keeps going up and down with every player match I play? At least that's what I see whenever I'm in a room and can see my wins and losses.

Player match, ranked, survivor, and koth rankings are all separate.

IronMcHardSteel fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 17, 2013

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Player match, ranked, survivor, and koth rankings are all separate.

That's stupid. I prefer Capcom's way of doing things in this regard. Whenever I fight someone, I have no idea if they're actually good players or not, not to mention that I have zero sense of progression by fighting in ranked if there are no tiers to speak of. :eng99:

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
You can look up other people's stats by gamertags here https://www.injustice.com/en/auth/login . SF4 points never meant anyone was good either though. You just have to fight someone and find out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've fought more guys in ranked who were 2-2 and good than people who were 2000-500 and were good. Rankings really are a poor indicator, just ignore 'em.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I was thinking of marvel actually. I liked the different ranks and that it could say different things if you were overly defensive, offensive, etc.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If you go to the Leaderboards and sort by Friends or categories you can see how each mode has it's own Ranking system. This would be so hosed up and stupid if they were all merged.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

I was thinking of marvel actually. I liked the different ranks and that it could say different things if you were overly defensive, offensive, etc.

I think you can tell who is defensive, offensive, etc purely by the character they play. Marvel is a bit different with the 3 man team thing but in this as soon as you hit the character select you know what you're up against.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

If anyone's up for a goon room on XBLA, now is the moment.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

AndyElusive posted:

If you go to the Leaderboards and sort by Friends or categories you can see how each mode has it's own Ranking system. This would be so hosed up and stupid if they were all merged.

Why would it be stupid? It's simple: ranked games count toward ranks, player games don't. There, simple.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2013/may/13/poll-results-injustice-gods-among-us-dlc-showing-lowest-voted-character/
Ed Boon updated that poll image from a few days ago. Dr. Fate came in second-to-last, with Blue Beetle coming in last place (for those that missed it).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ugh, Jason Todd is gonna come in first, isn't he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Let's not vote for the 2 characters with literally unlimited potential for cool moves.

• Locked thread