Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
If I make my resume public on Dice.com where should I mention that I am only looking for positions in X area? It gets extremely annoying when local recruiters call me daily (while at work). Maybe I should just remove my phone number from the public resume.

Don Mega fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

mustermark posted:

Speaking of recruiters, I just got this

While it's really flattering to get recruitment spam as a junior, this reads like some kind of parody. It's one step away from this. Is it common practice for these cold-call recruiters to be this ambiguous?
None of those is individually that bad, but put together it sounds super generic. I have no idea what this company actually does, or what the intern would be expected to do.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

mustermark posted:

Speaking of recruiters, I just got this

While it's really flattering to get recruitment spam as a junior, this reads like some kind of parody. It's one step away from this. Is it common practice for these cold-call recruiters to be this ambiguous?

That's a little on the extreme side, but I think it's pretty common for third party recruiters to intentionally make it difficult to identify the company in question: they don't want you to apply for the job directly with the company and cut them out of the deal.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Sab669 posted:

Got any openings for a junior dev? :v:

The MS career search is loving LOADED. Difficult to skim through it all.
One route into Microsoft is through a staffing agency. The agencies are contractually restricted from identifying Microsoft as the client, so they often use "wink" phrases like "software giant" or "large Redmond software company". As an agency employee you would be limited to at most one year in the position, during which you would have to impress your manager and colleagues and pursue direct-hire jobs. If you're considering a move to Seattle, be aware that it has about 60 sunny days per year.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 16, 2013

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

rufius posted:

headhunters versus recruiters.

How are you defining the difference between the two? External vs works for the company?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

pr0zac posted:

How are you defining the difference between the two? External vs works for the company?

rufius posted:

They are paid per head

Headhunters get a flat $ per person, so their incentive is to throw warm bodies at the wall as fast as possible without regard for much else.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

I always thought that headhunters recruited for higher level (c-suite) positions. I guess that term has been more widely applied now.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Xguard86 posted:

Headhunters get a flat $ per person, so their incentive is to throw warm bodies at the wall as fast as possible without regard for much else.

Not really, most headhunters actually get paid a percentage of the candidate's annual salary by the employer.
As a hiring manager, I've seen it being between 20-40%.

I've used a headhunter in the past and they were very effective in cutting through HR/application bullshit and picking up interesting positions.
The coolest thing was seeing an employer offer me a 25% pay increase over my previous job, and the headhunter telling me to ask for 50% more - which worked.

It's in the interest of half-competent headhunters to build a life-long relationship with good candidates from the perspective of a) they have a better portfolio of candidates to display to employers, and b) they will make more money long-term by placing candidates through their career.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

shrike82 posted:

As a hiring manager, I've seen it being between 20-40%.
:stare: That's kind of crazy. That means a headhunter only needs to successfully place like 5 people a year to have a comfortable salary. Although I'm guessing it's a lot harder than it sounds. Devs are fickle.

slush
Jun 23, 2006
Thank you for calling....
I started doing a degree in Human Resources. Most people I know doing head hunting ("executive search" / "professional search") make anywhere from 10-25% of the salary of person they place. It's often times pretty difficult a task, and usually comes with a retention clause (employee must stay for 1 year to get the full amount, etc). It's also a super tough job to get people to move from one company to another - especially since the companies who usually use these services are looking for top talent from similar companies where compensation is often on par.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I just got accepted to a Master's in CS program that starts in the fall. I have a limited background in CS - I took 2 programming classes, and several other computer related classes, in undergrad, and have used codecademy.com a bit. I have a job now working on an iPad app, but I'm not doing programming. We are mostly using Adobe InDesign to prepare .pdf files for the app. But this job is a finite project, and it's ending soon.

I want (need?) to work while I'm in school. Can anyone tell me about internships? How soon can I start applying for them - is it even worth it before I start grad school? I figure I may as well try, right? What is the pay generally like for internships? How long do they tend to last?

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Doghouse posted:

:words:

I want (need?) to work while I'm in school. Can anyone tell me about internships? How soon can I start applying for them - is it even worth it before I start grad school? I figure I may as well try, right? What is the pay generally like for internships? How long do they tend to last?

About Internships

application
If your school is fairly large and active, bigger software companies like Microsoft may already be recruiting at your career fairs. If they're not, you can always apply through company's websites (also known as, a blackhole). Knowing someone is usually easier than going through the company's website.

Is it even worth it before I start grad school?
Maybe, depends on how much programming experience you have. One issue I've seen in the past with Master's students in your situation is that we often expect them to have better skills than the undergrads we're interviewing. This isn't fair, but it happens.

If you aren't confident in your programming abilities (data structures, solid skills in one/two programming languages, grasp of the domain you're applying for), then I would say hold off on applying for an internship unless you simply want the interviewing experience.

pay
Unlike the rest of the corporate world, internships at major software companies are usually quite lucrative. At startups, not quite as good but still getting experience. Generally speaking, the bigger companies pay about 2/3 the monthly salary of an entry level engineer per month. At Microsoft, that'd probably equate to around $5500 a month.

duration
Usually about 3-3.5 months. Most people start right after the school year ends and finish right before the school year starts. There are co-ops which can be longer term and sometimes part-time and those may last as long as a year.

Cosmic Horror
Feb 2, 2009

DON'T BRING A GUN TO A SHELBY FIGHT MOTHER FUCKER, THAT'S RIGHT YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT
At what point should I cut my losses and start looking for a new job?

I just started at a junior developer position about two months ago. I've since realized that there's nothing long term for me here. The code itself is a mess because of a few :raise: design choices early on that have been perpetuated throughout the system. The work flow so far seems to be "fix problems as clients notice them. Since we're always on a timeline set by sales and others, worry about fixing niche cases later if somebody notices." Most of the other developers are married with kids and have been here for 5+ years, so I don't see any of them pushing for big changes with regards to coding practices (things like having project managers who follow a process, code reviews prior to checking it into version control, and having well defined specs before we start coding instead of knowing kinda what the client wants and hoping for the best).

I had another job for the two years before this that involved small amounts of programming, so I think that should make the 2 months at this job look not as bad, but I'm wondering what employers looking at my resume will think.

thepedestrian
Dec 13, 2004
hey lady, you call him dr. jones!

Doghouse posted:

I just got accepted to a Master's in CS program that starts in the fall. I have a limited background in CS - I took 2 programming classes, and several other computer related classes, in undergrad, and have used codecademy.com a bit. I have a job now working on an iPad app, but I'm not doing programming. We are mostly using Adobe InDesign to prepare .pdf files for the app. But this job is a finite project, and it's ending soon.

You don't have the on-paper or actual experience necessary to get an internship with a large company like Microsoft, etc. You might be able to swing something with a small local firm. If you really need to work during school your best bet is finding contract work.

You'd be better off working on some sort of project, learning new skills and getting practical experience. Are there not any prerequisites you need to go through before starting this masters program? I don't know much about CS masters programs, but I assume they don't have you do upper division undergrad courses over again.

Your chances for an internship will be much greater applying in the spring of your first year in grad school.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

thepedestrian posted:

Your chances for an internship will be much greater applying in the spring of your first year in grad school.

While I agree with this, I would say to look pretty much when the school year starts. Sometimes there are job fairs in the fall where companies are recruiting for internships the following summer.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Cosmic Horror posted:

At what point should I cut my losses and start looking for a new job?

I just started at a junior developer position about two months ago. I've since realized that there's nothing long term for me here. The code itself is a mess because of a few :raise: design choices early on that have been perpetuated throughout the system. The work flow so far seems to be "fix problems as clients notice them. Since we're always on a timeline set by sales and others, worry about fixing niche cases later if somebody notices." Most of the other developers are married with kids and have been here for 5+ years, so I don't see any of them pushing for big changes with regards to coding practices (things like having project managers who follow a process, code reviews prior to checking it into version control, and having well defined specs before we start coding instead of knowing kinda what the client wants and hoping for the best).

I had another job for the two years before this that involved small amounts of programming, so I think that should make the 2 months at this job look not as bad, but I'm wondering what employers looking at my resume will think.
I don't know what the small amounts of programming you did before were, but in this post I'll assume it wasn't part of your main job description and that you're still somewhat green.

You'd be surprised at the number of places that run just like that. 2 months is a rather short time to get accustomed to entire systems and how they work. Problems that come from early design choices are the norm -- they're a sign of someone not planning things correctly or (and it is equally likely) changes to the system and its requirements over time. The latter form is somewhat inevitable and the more time you'll spend programming, the more often you'll see it.

I'd tell you to stick it for a while longer, at least a couple of months. In the worst case, you'll learn via counter-examples, which can be very valuable. Ask the older programmers about why things are the way they are in a particular area of the system when you've got to work on it, and you'll possibly have a very understandable reason to remember for the future (or "we were tight on the budget"). Your coworkers likely know that the code is bad, fixing it is possibly just harder than you expect it for plenty of reasons.

If you want to do code reviews, ask for someone to review the code, and review other people's code on the side ("hey I was looking at the latest commit and wondered why you did X and Y?"). It doesn't need to be reviewed before being checked in (especially with branches and whatnot), but reviews are generally good to have.

In any case, if you think people should review code, ask for reviews. If you think the code needs tests, add them when you modify it -- then later you can ask people to run the suite and add tests if they play in the stuff you wrote. Slowly create the habit, rather than asking for it in a meeting.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, even at big places you can have poor design decisions. I'm just finishing up a major refactoring of one our app's systems that's been a pain point for at least a couple years. I guess that's not a huge amount of time but our app has only been around for a few years. And the thing is, at the time the design choice probably looked pretty reasonable, especially considering deadlines. It's only as our requirements grew with the number of features and content that things became unmanageable.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
So I'm in a weird situation Re: internships. I'm a freshman, so I don't have much experience off the bat, but I managed to get an interview with a big defense contractor in February, and they decided to bring me along for the summer which is pretty cool given that I probably at the very bottom of the intern pile at pretty much everywhere. The position was in Colorado Springs, and they offered a housing stipend, got me a secret clearance, and have been pretty good at keeping me in the loop until a few weeks ago when they just flat out cut me from the Colorado Springs position because of sequestration. They said that a position was still open in Phoenix (I live in Pittsburgh for reference), and that they would be glad to have me over there, which I of course said yes to while trying to not sound totally desperate. The problem is I that still have basically zero information regarding it. Evey time I've asked them hey what's up, they said to look for an updated offer either the next day or the day after, and then when that doesn't happen they just say the same thing again. The HR person that I have been in contact with has been super nice and I don't really doubt her sincerity or anything, but the situation is still pretty worrying given that I'm out of school, summer has started, and the position is all the way in Phoenix and I haven't heard anything.

Anyway, I got an email from a recruiter at another big defense contractor that I applied to way long ago, saying that they wanted to set up a phone interview for a position in the Baltimore area. I'm really tempted to bite on this but I'm not sure how to bring up the fact that I'm in flux with this other company -- I'd really like to do some kind of software this summer but given how shaky company #1 has been I would be a little concerned if I just sat waiting on them. Any suggestions moving forward?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

GenJoe posted:

So I'm in a weird situation Re: internships. I'm a freshman, so I don't have much experience off the bat, but I managed to get an interview with a big defense contractor in February, and they decided to bring me along for the summer which is pretty cool given that I probably at the very bottom of the intern pile at pretty much everywhere. The position was in Colorado Springs, and they offered a housing stipend, got me a secret clearance, and have been pretty good at keeping me in the loop until a few weeks ago when they just flat out cut me from the Colorado Springs position because of sequestration. They said that a position was still open in Phoenix (I live in Pittsburgh for reference), and that they would be glad to have me over there, which I of course said yes to while trying to not sound totally desperate. The problem is I that still have basically zero information regarding it. Evey time I've asked them hey what's up, they said to look for an updated offer either the next day or the day after, and then when that doesn't happen they just say the same thing again. The HR person that I have been in contact with has been super nice and I don't really doubt her sincerity or anything, but the situation is still pretty worrying given that I'm out of school, summer has started, and the position is all the way in Phoenix and I haven't heard anything.

Anyway, I got an email from a recruiter at another big defense contractor that I applied to way long ago, saying that they wanted to set up a phone interview for a position in the Baltimore area. I'm really tempted to bite on this but I'm not sure how to bring up the fact that I'm in flux with this other company -- I'd really like to do some kind of software this summer but given how shaky company #1 has been I would be a little concerned if I just sat waiting on them. Any suggestions moving forward?

If that clearance is still valid you are worth a lot of money so no harm in shopping around.

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.
Go forward with #2 as if #1 doesn't exist. Keep bugging #1 once or twice a week. Once you get an offer for #2, tell #1 that you have another offer and if they don't get their butt in gear you'll have to take it.

You are under no obligation to either place and it is 100% ok to shop around until you sign the offer letter.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!

Cicero posted:

Yeah, even at big places you can have poor design decisions. I'm just finishing up a major refactoring of one our app's systems that's been a pain point for at least a couple years. I guess that's not a huge amount of time but our app has only been around for a few years. And the thing is, at the time the design choice probably looked pretty reasonable, especially considering deadlines. It's only as our requirements grew with the number of features and content that things became unmanageable.

I've personally witnessed a project at one of the big well-known software giant with over 200 engineers on it that was both so poorly designed and managed that 4 years in it basically disintegrated. Almost everybody, anywhere from Director to lowly peon levels, either got kindly asked to gently caress off or decided to gracefully leave as the thing was becoming impossible to work on and was going absolutely nowhere. It's amazing how large project with people who you'd think would know better still mange to implode in the most catastrophic ways.

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

DreadCthulhu posted:

I've personally witnessed a project at one of the big well-known software giant with over 200 engineers on it that was both so poorly designed and managed that 4 years in it basically disintegrated. Almost everybody, anywhere from Director to lowly peon levels, either got kindly asked to gently caress off or decided to gracefully leave as the thing was becoming impossible to work on and was going absolutely nowhere. It's amazing how large project with people who you'd think would know better still mange to implode in the most catastrophic ways.

This wasn't Windows Longhorn was it?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Ochowie posted:

This wasn't Windows Longhorn was it?

The sad thing is that it was orders of magnitude less ambitious than Longhorn and still managed to suck terribly. I don't know too much about Longhorn, but from all the postmortems I attended, it seemed like there was just too much radically different stuff being tried all at once, like WinFS. I can't blame them, it was an insanely large undertaking.

PastaSky
Dec 15, 2009
I was wondering if any of you could give advice on what to ask for, for a raise. Since September, I have been working part time for a very, very good friend of my family's. He was paying me
4.7k month. He wants to give me a raise, since I will be working full time, but wants me to start the negotiation.

I really have no idea what to ask for. I would like to make more $, but I don't need more, and I don't know what would be appropriate to ask for. It a small saas company (him, me, 3 other employees) in the bay area. I already feel like he has been paying me way to much for the little I do (it was like 16 hours a week at most...). My work has been pretty much adding functionality requested by our clients, fixing bugs, etc... I also don't know the financial state of the company, so I would feel kind of awkward asking for a raise that was too much.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
Do you have enough time to apply for jobs elsewhere and see how much you get offered?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

PastaSky posted:

I was wondering if any of you could give advice on what to ask for, for a raise. Since September, I have been working part time for a very, very good friend of my family's. He was paying me
4.7k month. He wants to give me a raise, since I will be working full time, but wants me to start the negotiation.

I really have no idea what to ask for. I would like to make more $, but I don't need more, and I don't know what would be appropriate to ask for. It a small saas company (him, me, 3 other employees) in the bay area. I already feel like he has been paying me way to much for the little I do (it was like 16 hours a week at most...). My work has been pretty much adding functionality requested by our clients, fixing bugs, etc... I also don't know the financial state of the company, so I would feel kind of awkward asking for a raise that was too much.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If he was paying you $55k-ish for ~20 hours of work a week then he probably doesn't have an issue paying a decent amount. I'd talk about ~$90k, that seems to be a fair market value for the bay area and if you're going to 40 hours a week he's getting what he's paying for.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

DreadCthulhu posted:

The sad thing is that it was orders of magnitude less ambitious than Longhorn and still managed to suck terribly. I don't know too much about Longhorn, but from all the postmortems I attended, it seemed like there was just too much radically different stuff being tried all at once, like WinFS. I can't blame them, it was an insanely large undertaking.
It was second-system effect, an attempt to jam all sorts of things into one release after holding them back for years until NT migration was completed.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

It was second-system effect, an attempt to jam all sorts of things into one release after holding them back for years until NT migration was completed.

Man, I really like that description, I can definitely identify a lot of my work with that. I really need to power through the Mythical Man Month one of these days, seems like it's got a lot of gems in it.

PastaSky
Dec 15, 2009

NovemberMike posted:

If he was paying you $55k-ish for ~20 hours of work a week then he probably doesn't have an issue paying a decent amount.

That didn't occur to me, but it makes a lot of sense. I'll shoot for around 90k.

Safe and Secure! posted:

Do you have enough time to apply for jobs elsewhere and see how much you get offered?

I suppose. My next check won't be until next month. I'm not particularly interested in working anywhere else right now (I really, really like current job), but I think it would be a good exercise even so.

Thanks for the help guys!

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

PastaSky what's your email? You don't have PMs and I have some info that may be useful to you.

Fuck them
Jan 21, 2011

and their bullshit
:yotj:
So my current part time job puts me, the newblet, in a position to call a Sr Dev 400 miles away and a web guy about 20 miles away - both with their own full time jobs - to get them together after hours to start working on a website I still don't have access to. To make things particularly fun, I was basically bedridden the last goddamn week and didn't even get up out of bed to do more than drink soup or stand in a hot shower and clear my sinuses, so then the super awesome, zero-micromanagement boss asks ME for a status report.

"I was sick all week, everyone thought I sounded worse than the last person who spoke to me, and I can't get both people together at the same time, and I still can't get into the web server."

To make things particularly hilarious, I've been seeking full time work myself for the past two weeks, and I can't help but feel that the second I get everyone together, I'll have an offer. Unless it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get hired, I'm probably going to serve up a "Hey I got the boys together. Also I got a job offer, so can I work remote like they do? If not here's my notice."

Is there ANY way to do this without being a dick? I'm not doing anything wrong by looking for a 40 hour week and benefits, but the situation feels douchey. Then I remember that I'm working 15-20 hour weeks with no benefits where EVERY OTHER PERSON BUT THE BOSS IS REMOTE, doing this on the side.

Is it normal to end up in an Interesting Position when you're finding that first Good Job? Or did I just stumble into a Fun Learning Experience? Bleh.

I've also got a goodie about dueling staffing agencies putting me in for the same job without telling me I should type up later.

QuantumCrayons
Apr 11, 2010
Had my phone interview for the position in Cali this afternoon, which was my first technical interview. He asked how dictionaries worked and I explained, then he asked how they worked at a low-level, I worked through the concept and came up with something that was close to the truth, despite initially claiming that I didn't know, which he seemed semi-impressed with. Thanks to this thread for teaching me things I probably should have known beforehand 'cause, overall, the interview went really, really well.

Also, I got really nervous before the interview, so I made myself some text to read to get me through it:

PastaSky
Dec 15, 2009

Cicero posted:

PastaSky what's your email? You don't have PMs and I have some info that may be useful to you.

pastacaelum gmail

Crumbles
Mar 25, 2010
I've got a similar question to Cosmic Horror's regarding leaving a job (although unlike him, I have no previous work experience). I graduated and landed my first "real job" at the end of last summer doing QA automation. The place is alright, but the work itself isn't really up my alley. I'm not so sure about the possibility of any lateral moves or advancement within the company in the near future. I'm thinking of looking for work elsewhere, although I don't want to leave too early and have my resume look like poo poo. Is there any consensus on what a decent/acceptable amount of time is to sink into one's first software gig?

(PS, lurking in this thread definitely helped out with me landing the job in the first place. Thanks for for all the tips! :))

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Crumbles posted:

I've got a similar question to Cosmic Horror's regarding leaving a job (although unlike him, I have no previous work experience). I graduated and landed my first "real job" at the end of last summer doing QA automation. The place is alright, but the work itself isn't really up my alley. I'm not so sure about the possibility of any lateral moves or advancement within the company in the near future. I'm thinking of looking for work elsewhere, although I don't want to leave too early and have my resume look like poo poo. Is there any consensus on what a decent/acceptable amount of time is to sink into one's first software gig?

(PS, lurking in this thread definitely helped out with me landing the job in the first place. Thanks for for all the tips! :))

I can only speak from the recruiting perspective of a very small startup, and we would only really look at what you're capable of, not how long you've been at a company. Sure, if I see 5 jobs in 1 year, I'm somewhat concerned, but other than that I don't really care. Thus if you don't have much to talk about to your next employer, and you've had a pretty hard time landing your current gig, I'd be cautious about dropping out at least until I demonstrate some aptitude and ability to get stuff done that a prospective employed might be interested in.

However, I don't know what the attitude at a large corporation would be for your situation. Maybe someone else could chime in.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
If they don't really give you the ability to progress your career to your liking, I say leave (tactfully, of course) whenever you like. At-will employment is just that.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just got "stood up" for a phone interview with a company for the second day in a row, now. Found word of the job through a staffing agency. Is there a tactful way I can tell the recruiter, "I understand people are busy and can't always make agreed upon dates, but gently caress this company, what else do you have for me?"

The only draw to this job was the salary, as they primarily work with Sharepoint which...well I think speaks for itself.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Just got "stood up" for a phone interview with a company for the second day in a row, now. Found word of the job through a staffing agency. Is there a tactful way I can tell the recruiter, "I understand people are busy and can't always make agreed upon dates, but gently caress this company, what else do you have for me?"

The only draw to this job was the salary, as they primarily work with Sharepoint which...well I think speaks for itself.

Were you stood up as in you called in and nobody was there? Or were you postponed? If it's the former then yeah it's probably time to either issue an ultimatum or just cut bait. If it's the latter, I'd be more patient.

As for how to say "no thanks", you can kind of say what you just said at the end there but a bit more covertly. Like, "after looking over the job description again and thinking about my career options, I have a feeling they wouldn't be a good fit", which you can then follow up with "we'll give them one more chance" or "let's pursue other opportunities".

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I was told that their head of software dev would call me X time yesterday, Y time today. Phone never rang, no voicemail or anything. Contacted the recruiter 30 minutes after the first time yesterday and she said she'd speak with him and find out what's up. Then she emailed me later yesterday to re-schedule for today, same thing. No call or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Sab669 posted:

I was told that their head of software dev would call me X time yesterday, Y time today. Phone never rang, no voicemail or anything. Contacted the recruiter 30 minutes after the first time yesterday and she said she'd speak with him and find out what's up. Then she emailed me later yesterday to re-schedule for today, same thing. No call or anything.

Doesn't sound like the kind of boss I'd want to work for.