Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Are all of the patch notes listed in one spot that someone can link in this thread?

They just got approved apparently, should be released tomorrow.

code:
Via Twitter:
woohoo! patch notes approved, should be ready to go for tomorrow when the new Batgirl/Balance patch goes live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

AradoBalanga posted:

Something tells me that kind of how Harley made it into this game. Paul Dini asked Didio to put her in, and then shot a death glare at Didio when he tried prevent that from happening.

Hell, it's how Harley didn't get screwed over in Countdown to Final Crisis.

Wouldn't it just be because Harley Quinn is one of the most popular Batman characters

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Rugpisser posted:

They just got approved apparently, should be released tomorrow.

code:
Via Twitter:
woohoo! patch notes approved, should be ready to go for tomorrow when the new Batgirl/Balance patch goes live.

Thanks, I'd just assumed they came out with all this talk going on. Browsing TYM on a phone is terrible.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

thebardyspoon posted:

I wouldn't, Zatanna is pretty popular (compared to Power Girl, Swamp Thing, Dr Fate, etc), she's been in lots of cartoons, people tend to like the whole sexy stage magician thing and she's generally a fan favourite kind of character.

Yeah, about that....

Thanks, Lee/Didio!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
If Zatanna doesn't have a goofy magician's hat I want my vote back. :mad:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
At the end he'll announce that there was a secret vote held, and the 5th dlc character will be Ed Boon.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

At the end he'll announce that there was a secret vote held, and the 5th dlc character will be Ed Boon.

I would download this because of how cathartic it would be to punch Ed Boon through Wayne Manor several goddamn times.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Ed Boon the character would be immune to all transitions and interactables.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
For Zatanna, the Cartoon thing isn't a valid gauge for judging her popularity considering that's mostly due to Paul Dini having a hard on for the character. So much so, that his wife cosplays as her.

I'm pretty sure he's responsible for her modern top hat look as well. Don't quote me on that however.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Yeah, about that....

Thanks, Lee/Didio!

It's worse than that.

So drat boring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Canary also has weird patterned tights instead of fishnets now.

Have to make them more kid friendly!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's worse than that.

So drat boring.

No. That's unpossible. That's clearly just an older Black Alice... right?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

404GoonNotFound posted:

Yeah, about that....

Thanks, Lee/Didio!

Jeez, If Zatanna does end up getting in, I really do hope they take the hint that most people probably wanted the magician-Zatanna thing and not the generic bad lady getup there.

I'm still just a bit surprised nobody's said a peep about Beast Boy when it comes to who they'd like to see make it in. :(

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Jeez, If Zatanna does end up getting in, I really do hope they take the hint that most people probably wanted the magician-Zatanna thing and not the generic bad lady getup there.

I'm still just a bit surprised nobody's said a peep about Beast Boy when it comes to who they'd like to see make it in. :(

That seems fun but really drat weird to adapt for a fighting game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TwoPair posted:

That seems fun but really drat weird to adapt for a fighting game.
Capcom managed to adapt Doctor Strange for UMvC3. Granted, Marvel was so hands on with Stephen that the Capcom staff could feel the Marvel team breathing down their necks, but still.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Wow, I just got a double KO in an online match. Both of us got about 20% health back and it said "extended match" at the top of the screen. I ended up winning :dance:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's worse than that.

So drat boring.

I can understand your complaint BUUUT Justice League Dark is great and the whole JLD should be in this game :colbert:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't know what all this fuss about Supergirl and Zatanna is. If you want a sex appeal character, you should be bugging WB to license out Hello Nurse.

DO NOT GIS Hello Nurse. Just don't.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gannyGrabber posted:

I don't know what all this fuss about Supergirl and Zatanna is. If you want a sex appeal character, you should be bugging WB to license out Hello Nurse.

DO NOT GIS Hello Nurse. Just don't.

People don't want Zatanna for sex appeal. They want her because she's awesome. :colbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

People don't want Zatanna for sex appeal. They want her because she's awesome. :colbert:

I still remember Seven Soldiers :unsmith:

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
If anyone wants to grind away their life on 360 with me for a little while that'd be alright.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

JackDarko posted:

For Zatanna, the Cartoon thing isn't a valid gauge for judging her popularity considering that's mostly due to Paul Dini having a hard on for the character. So much so, that his wife cosplays as her.

I'm pretty sure he's responsible for her modern top hat look as well. Don't quote me on that however.
His wife doesn't cosplay as her. She just happens to be an incredibly gorgeous actual stage magician who looks exactly like her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Right. It's not that she became Zatanna because he married her, it's that he married her because she's Zatanna.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I love how a google of 'Paul Dini' will offer to auto complete it to 'Paul Dinis Wife'.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I hope they have subtitles for her when she talks backwards during clashes.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's worse than that.

So drat boring.

I have no issues with this. It looks pretty cool and I'm over the sexualized fetish get ups that a lot of female super heroes tend to sport.

Edit: I say this completely aware she's wearing a corset and has fishnet sleeves.

If NRS can resist the temptation and make this her main appearance then I'd be fine with it completely.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's worse than that.

So drat boring.

Nothing wrong with it.

Except that there's no top hat. :mad:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
She's a goddamn Vegas magician, she's supposed to look cheesy as hell.

This just looks like... well, "Why is Zooey Deschenal an elf?" comes to mind.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
If anyone on the xbox wants to play I'm gonna get on. Gotta get my Ares on.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
The whole cool thing about Zatanna is that she's a goofy rear end stage magician, except she's also a superhero. Having boring clothes and not playing up her shtick at all just seems really lame. Sure, her outfit could do with some modifications, but that Zatanna looks more like someone really didn't want to make a new character entirely so they just plastered an old name on it.

I don't know poo poo about comics, but Zatanna is a cool crazy stage magician in my mind and that's totally what I voted for.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dosvidanya posted:

I hope they have subtitles for her when she talks backwards during clashes.

She would only speak backwards during specials and supers, or maybe a weird string since she would be casting. She would most likley just insult you during a clash.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Insulting people backwards :unsmigghh:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So my game keeps freezing my console again. What was the work around?

Edit: nm system cache.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

AndyElusive posted:

So my game keeps freezing my console again. What was the work around?

Edit: nm system cache.

Huh, I'm having the same issue, and I thought my console was dying. Just delete the cache?

Edit: Just tried that, and still get freezing. I think my console has been on it's way out for a while, so I guess it's a sign. I'll be back Wednesday. :(

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 21, 2013

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
It is probably not dying. This has been happening to me too. You need to clear all your different storage's cache and delete the title update. Maybe Lobo too. Those things fix it for me for a while until it starts doing it again.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
My PS3 sometimes freezes when I try to look for rooms to join.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Tomorrow's patch notes are up:

https://www.injustice.com/en/news/updated-520-injustice-patch-v103-release-notes

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

IronMcHardSteel posted:

It is probably not dying. This has been happening to me too. You need to clear all your different storage's cache and delete the title update. Maybe Lobo too. Those things fix it for me for a while until it starts doing it again.

Huh, that worked! Just ordered a new 360 as well. :doh: Luckily I need one anyway.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I like a lot of those changes although it's surprising that they didn't nerf Superman's super move. Just seems weird that its so crazy good compared to every other Super when he's already an incredibly solid character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

quote:

Grundy

A player can now activate a Clash (as a defender) during the 2nd and 3rd hit of Solomon Grundy’s Chain Grabs.

I do not feel that this was necessary. :mad:

• Locked thread