Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Citizen Zee posted:

Just applied! My name in-game is Bikimini.

59 posts in 8 years isn't that active of a forum history.

quote:

have had an ACTIVE account for at least 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Uba Stij posted:

59 posts in 8 years isn't that active of a forum history.

Active enough.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Utgardaloki posted:

They're as good as any other corp that consistently runs squads against pubbies, and our match against Delta Force had a lot more factors involved than them just being better than us, and since they barely won anyway...

Don't let anyone's performance in public matches fool you. Corp battles are a whole different beast. (you can still run Duvolle Tac AR's and dominate though that doesn't change)

All I'm saying is that Ill omens' kdr is three times ours. Its right there in the leaderboards. And I know that its easy to inflate it etc but these guys are the real deal. We need more ringers come Thursday.

And I was in that delta force battle.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Present posted:

All I'm saying is that Ill omens' kdr is three times ours. Its right there in the leaderboards. And I know that its easy to inflate it etc but these guys are the real deal. We need more ringers come Thursday.

Or we just say gently caress it and give no fucks. Is the only way to win a district via Cloning? Can't you like, toss the battle continuously with redline AFK/ing/poo poo and never lose enough clones to lose the district? Or can you lose simply by losing enough MCC's?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

Or we just say gently caress it and give no fucks. Is the only way to win a district via Cloning? Can't you like, toss the battle continuously with redline AFK/ing/poo poo and never lose enough clones to lose the district? Or can you lose simply by losing enough MCC's?

That's the easy way out. We have e-bushido to uphold.

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?

Present posted:

Who cares? We're gonna deprive them of as much ISK as we can because we're going to stab and slash them because gently caress them.

I hope they bring lots of tanks and dropships. I should have my ishukone assaults by then.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

LostInTheSauce posted:

I hope they bring lots of tanks and dropships. I should have my ishukone assaults by then.

And high meta-level Swarm Launchers.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I've started verbally assaulting Ill Omens guys about the upcoming fight, and as I'm incapable of being effective on the battlefield I surely will never back up my words with actions. So far I've received 0 likes in the Dust forums, so perhaps I'm incapable of trolling, too. I need to up my game.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
I will bring out my Onikuma IMPACT for this!

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

I've started verbally assaulting Ill Omens guys about the upcoming fight, and as I'm incapable of being effective on the battlefield I surely will never back up my words with actions. So far I've received 0 likes in the Dust forums, so perhaps I'm incapable of trolling, too. I need to up my game.

Too bad nobody is allowed to participate in the fight.

vvvvvvvvv Space politics prevent us from fighting. Someone who knows more than I do would have to tell you why.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 22, 2013

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?
please elaborate.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.
tl:dr is that the leader of Eon (the alliance that Ill Omens is in) and a mutual friend don't want us brawling for "reals" (we have no grudges against Eon; we also have a common dislike for another alliance). We might brawl for reals, we both might skip the fight, or we might do some newbie loving around.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I don't think we should be skipping out on PC matches, there was a lot to learn in that first one and probably just as much in this one.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Thunderdome

Octavious
Dec 29, 2004

Juices so sweet and sassy
All militia scout suit, plasma launchers fits thunderdome.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Utgardaloki posted:

I don't think we should be skipping out on PC matches, there was a lot to learn in that first one and probably just as much in this one.

You can hijack empty FW matches pretty easily if you coordinate with other groups, which is what some other people want us to do since PC is a wallet killer. Regardless if we brawl with Eon, people will come after us anyway. You don't have to worry about us not wanting to fight, we're not cowards like the previous CEO

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They decreased some vehicle upgrade costs. I've got just as many SP as before sunk into vehicle upgrades, but my total SP earned was changed, they added the now overflow to my disposable sum of SP.

I guess that method works?

They decreased the SP costs going into HAVs and special LAVs, which is very welcome, at least the repair-aura LAV part of it.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Edit: Agree with Shoren.

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 22, 2013

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Edit: This is probably better discussed in IRC so I'll bring it up there.

Shoren fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 22, 2013

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

In other news, after the respec, I'm considering moving from minmatar logi to gallente logi. PG/CPU seems more useful more of the time than hacking speed and armor tanking seems alright with 5HP/s passive repair without any modules.

I know Moronic runs gallente logi. Anyone have any thoughts about the relative merits of the two?

varjoankka
Jun 15, 2011
Is there an influence map for DUST already out there? Similar to the one in EVE.

Towner
Jun 18, 2006

Fuck this, I need beer
So CCP have just posted how to get your free respec, if you want it in their latest dev blog

CCP posted:

Mercs of New Eden! Changes are coming to the DUST 514® skill system as we work to incorporate player requests and feedback. To make sure you can adapt to the altered systems, we’ll be offering the chance to request an optional, one-time skill respec via our support system.

Below is some basic information on how to request a skill respec. Please note:

All skill respec requests should be filed no later than 11:00 UTC on 31 May, 2013.

What is a skill respec?

A skill respec is a chance to redo your skill selections to better suit the changing systems.

How does a skill respec work?

Once a player requests a skill respec, all characters on that player's account will have their skill points refunded to their available skill pools. Characters will have their skill trees reset, just as when the character was brand new. We will also remove all purchased skill books, while refunding their ISK cost to your characters’ accounts. You can then re-train your characters’ skills as normal.

How do I request a skill respec?

To request a one-time skill respec, simply contact our support team online by logging in with your PSN® ID, and title your support ticket "Skill Respec”.

You can also email us at support@dust514.com, and title your email “Skill Respec”. Please be sure to use the email address registered to your DUST 514 account, so we can verify that you have one!

How long do I have to wait for my skill respec to apply?

We will be applying the first wave of skill respecs once we deploy the changes to the skill system. Respecs will be processed in batches and applied during daily downtimes on a first-come-first-served basis. Once we receive and process a request, we will respond to let players know they are currently in queue for a skill respec.

Please note that the closing date for requests is 11:00 UTC on 31 May, 2013, and that it may take a few days to process and apply your respec. We will implement all respecs requested before the deadline.

Great, but what about my Items and AUR?

Your PSN purchases such as item bundles and AUR will not be adjusted during a skill respec. Only your current skills and ISK costs for skill books will be refunded. Please be sure to re-train all skills required to equip the items you planned to bring into battle.

While skill resets do not affect AUR wallets or items, we are offering a separate and optional full account reset to eligible players. Please see our previous announcement for more information.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

PhilippAchtel posted:

In other news, after the respec, I'm considering moving from minmatar logi to gallente logi. PG/CPU seems more useful more of the time than hacking speed and armor tanking seems alright with 5HP/s passive repair without any modules.

I know Moronic runs gallente logi. Anyone have any thoughts about the relative merits of the two?

I run Gallente logi, too and it's the way to go if you want to make the most of your PG/CPU. The bonus reduction in equipment is huge considering how equipment is the whole draw to running logi in the first place. The class will get even better with the introduction of more armor modules. Just be aware that you will feel like heavy-level slow so don't expect to get places quickly. Also, you're armor tanked meaning stay away from mass drivers mostly and you should be fine on the battlefield; you can almost shrug off scrambler rifles.

That said, I do think the hacking speed for the Minmatar is very valuable. Xaerael was talking about how he was running complex codebreakers last build and had probably a 2 second hack which would get even better with the Minmatar racial bonus. But if you're focusing on supporting the team directly I'd say you'd be better off with one of the other racial suits.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
I've been heavily considering the skill respec, especially since I was pushing towards an Amarr Logi and am stuck at Amarr suits IV. I've seen a lot of posts on the forums stating that Amarr Logi suits are horrible and are lacking three equipment slots to accommodate use of a sidearm. Opinions? I'm starting to get used to not being a Logi anymore and have actually had rounds that ended in a positive K/DR (mindboggling for me, no doubt).

e: went ahead and submitted for a respec

nippythefish fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 22, 2013

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
dr. flynne rex, m.d is still in the immobile infantry because i am a bad person.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Shoren posted:

That said, I do think the hacking speed for the Minmatar is very valuable. Xaerael was talking about how he was running complex codebreakers last build and had probably a 2 second hack which would get even better with the Minmatar racial bonus.

After you've successfully hacked something inside of the enemy redline, it's very hard to stop.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Reminalt posted:

Too bad nobody is allowed to participate in the fight.

vvvvvvvvv Space politics prevent us from fighting. Someone who knows more than I do would have to tell you why.

Okay, Here is the deal. EoN is a friend of our friends. They jumped the gun in attacking us. Our mutual friends were worried that fighting too much in system and weakening defenders clone counts would leave districts vulnerable to invasion by people none of us like. So no one is going to join the battle Thursday, and they're going to take a loss on the clones they committed. We are in talks about them attacking on the next window when we're not worried about clone counts dipping to low so we can have a friendly sparring match. We've also discussed arranging friendly matches with them in the future. I'm sorry our politics got in the way of your William Travis cosplay, but we'll find you a real enemy to fight I swear.

Samahiel fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 22, 2013

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a good article on issues in the game as well as possible fixed:

http://themittani.com/features/dust-514-current-problems-and-solutions

Discussion is here:

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=844478&#post844478

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 22, 2013

EDDIE__DINGLE
Mar 18, 2013
Just read the dev blog that Towner posted, has anyone been online yet today whom had a reply for their petition seen if their respec had happened yet?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Samahiel posted:

Okay, Here is the deal. EoN is a friend of our friends. They jumped the gun in attacking us. Our mutual friends were worried that fighting too much in system and weakening defenders clone counts would leave districts vulnerable to invasion by people none of us like. So no one is going to join the battle Thursday, and they're going to take a loss on the clones they committed. We are in talks about them attacking on the next window when we're not worried about clone counts dipping to low so we can have a friendly sparring match. We've also discussed arranging friendly matches with them in the future. I'm sorry our politics got in the way of your William Travis cosplay, but we'll find you a real enemy to fight I swear.

You can still do old fashioned Corp battles, no? Wouldn't a Corp battle with minimal purse be an ideal way for that sparring?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

EDDIE__DINGLE posted:

Just read the dev blog that Towner posted, has anyone been online yet today whom had a reply for their petition seen if their respec had happened yet?

I was on about an hour ago and they hadn't done the respec yet.

EDDIE__DINGLE
Mar 18, 2013

SpookyLizard posted:

You can still do old fashioned Corp battles, no? Wouldn't a Corp battle with minimal purse be an ideal way for that sparring?

The previous corp battle mechanic is now essentially the merc tab/faction warfare now. The bonus to this change is that it doesn't require a director to start it anymore. If your able to coordinate 15 other goons / or 31 if you wanted to scrimmage one another you can qsync into the same match.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

EDDIE__DINGLE posted:

The previous corp battle mechanic is now essentially the merc tab/faction warfare now. The bonus to this change is that it doesn't require a director to start it anymore. If your able to coordinate 15 other goons / or 31 if you wanted to scrimmage one another you can qsync into the same match.

It's just a pain, because those battles are intermittent and fill up fast. Really this was a case of both sides gearing up for a fight, and then having to ratchet it back and save face when we found out we were on the same side.

Samahiel fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 22, 2013

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Thats pretty funny to be honest.

"gently caress YEAH, TIME FOR A BRA- wait, what do you mean were on the same side"

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Considering we don't recruit based on performance it's probably a good thing we make friends with people who do.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Lassitude posted:

Considering we don't recruit based on performance it's probably a good thing we make friends with people who do.

Considering that I intend to never have a fair fight that doesn't involve eye gouging, groin kicks, and knives in kidneys when the fight matters it's probably best that we don't fight friends.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Lassitude posted:

This seems to go against my shoot blues always policy.

Submitted ingame as Cyks tfc. First time playing a game on the ps3, ready to be the worst in two games now.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Has anyone of you encountered a logi LAV on the field? Has it been helpful, has it made a difference? How does it even work, is the module not seen during outfitting?

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

MrLonghair posted:

Has anyone of you encountered a logi LAV on the field? Has it been helpful, has it made a difference? How does it even work, is the module not seen during outfitting?

Only time I have seen them, they are virtually indestructible bricks that zoom around and run people over. They can take a massive beating and then zip off to repair. They are pretty great. As for whether they can actually rep others? Not a clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Soarer posted:

Only time I have seen them, they are virtually indestructible bricks that zoom around and run people over. They can take a massive beating and then zip off to repair. They are pretty great. As for whether they can actually rep something? Not a clue.

Charybdis, 2100 Shield, 884 Armour, 21HP/s Shield recharge
Limbus, 609 Shield, 2597 Armour, 8HP/s Shield recharge

:psyduck:

• Locked thread