Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
I keep reading on the TestYourMight forums that Batman is a "noob character" and unviable in tournaments and stuff. Should I stick with Batman and get better or is he just bad/broken/lame and switch to a new character to learn that I like, like Aquaman/Joker/Nightwing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Where are you reading any of this? Batman is probably the best or 2nd best character in the game. If you like playing him keep playing him, if you don't then pick someone you like better. Stop worrying about what some random scrubs think.

E: holy crap, looking at your other posts in this thread you're way too neurotic about what character you should play and whether they're too cheap/easy/lovely/imbalanced. Just play characters. It doesn't matter.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 22, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

New Ed Troll Poll Results:

Why is Red Hood Robin such a big deal?

Because he's a cliche antihero.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Batman is incredible.

I whispered "no, oh no!" when I saw that Swamp Thing reveal. Come ON! IT'S loving SWAMP THING!

Edit: Interstellar Owl, where ARE you reading this bullshit?

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 22, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Interstellar Owl posted:

Should I stick with Batman and get better or is he just bad/broken/lame and switch to a new character to learn that I like, like Aquaman/Joker/Nightwing.

Yes, drop Batman right now and switch to and learn The Joker.

This game needs more good Jokers.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

I was just getting tired of hatemail (even when I lose and get my rear end kicked..:???:), and I read a lot of this on the general discussion in the Batman section of TestYourMight.

Also if we get Swamp Thing, does that mean more Veritgo characters like Constantine would be playable?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Man I really wanted Swamp Thing. This game needs more big characters, I would pay so much money for a playable Gorilla Grodd.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Someone post some deathstroke combos or whatever. I'm thinking about being a scumbag and spending time with him instead of lantern as a secondary to doomsday.

Try this:

b222 :)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Arikado posted:

I want Blue Lantern Flash. :colbert:

One of Flash's costumes doesn't count because gently caress three-starring all of STAR Labs.

Yes, double agree.

Lantern costumes would rock, and I want the outline glowy effect. Ya'll telling me you don't want Orange Lantern Lex, in energy suit? :colbert:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AndyElusive posted:

New Ed Troll Poll Results:

Why is Red Hood Robin such a big deal?

Assuming that the color mean poo poo, I see two outcomes: the third place is RH, second Zatanna and first SS or third place SS, second RH, and Zatanna first. Obviously I would like for Jason to win but second or third place ain't too shaby.

It depends on who ask, I like him for being a tragic character searching redemption but as far as I know, he got a prett large female fanbas that found him irresistible for being misunderstood and handsome :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 22, 2013

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Red Hood totally won because he is the most awful character and comic fans are awful

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Red Hood is already in the game. :v:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Dosvidanya posted:

Try this:

b222 :)

That's my BnB. You can cancel into the df2MB to clear some shooting room. His 3231df1 is a pretty good bet to. B1 is another good move to cancel from due to its quick-low style.

I have yet to do it online but bounce-canceling, dbMB, into j2 b23f2 is a great way to keep with your zoning.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
My bad for the double post. Phones, right?

I'm still glad Static Shock is still in the running.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 22, 2013

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Interstellar Owl posted:

I keep reading on the TestYourMight forums that Batman is a "noob character" and unviable in tournaments and stuff. Should I stick with Batman and get better or is he just bad/broken/lame and switch to a new character to learn that I like, like Aquaman/Joker/Nightwing.

Fan forums are mostly poo poo. Play what you like and what you're good at. That could even be multiple characters.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Interstellar Owl posted:

Everybody knows the only true noob character is The Flash. :flashfact:

Batman is viable as hell in 'tournaments and stuff'. He's definitely a great character all-around. The hitbox on his J2 IS bullshit though, it extends way past where his foot is actually hitting.

If Red Hood Robin makes it into the game, I will actually never believe in mankind ever again. Unless they pull a fast one on us and it actually turns out to be Shang Tsung/Clayface in disguise. That would be awesome.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Re: deathstroke,I want good full combos to practice when I get home! Browsing tym is a chore enough, much less on a phone. I want to fully enjoy trying to play a sagat analogy in this game and want someone that zones more than lantern.

Ed: oops didn't quote

Here's some: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5KheX5CzF0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfwHbyuIgiU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 22, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Only Deathstroke combo I remember is b1u2 323 f23 XX df3.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Red Hood totally won because he is the most awful character and comic fans are awful

Pretty much, if you've ever read or even watched Under the Red Hood, it's really easy to hate Jason because he does the most scummy poo poo and then tries to justify his lovely actions, but the fanbase makes him out to be this troubled character and it's huge because he's basically the Sasuke of Robin's.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

gannyGrabber posted:

The hitbox on his J2 IS bullshit though, it extends way past where his foot is actually hitting.

Yeah, this is the one thing that makes me really dislike Bats. It makes it really hard to block too, especially online. I can never tell where that drat foot is going to land.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

MMH confirmed DLC for Summer 2015.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Equilibrium posted:

MMH confirmed DLC for Summer 2015.

Awesome! Martian Manhunter Mirror Matches on Watchtower are going to be the greatest.

Also, hurray MK9 PC!

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/hecterrific/status/337362731491545089

Hotfix should be live. Fixes the Red Hood Joker skin, WW, and Batgirl.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

RIP S+ tier batgirl... unless they added a completely new bug :getin:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Equilibrium posted:

https://twitter.com/hecterrific/status/337362731491545089

Hotfix should be live. Fixes the Red Hood Joker skin, WW, and Batgirl.

RIP Batgirl Bolas Deathloop. You were never given time to live. :smith:

Edit: Seriously though, thank you NRS that poo poo was mad broken and stupid and made me avoid Ranked for a good 24 hours.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Infinites are part of fighting games. Let the community figure out tech to fight it imo.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Oh god dammit, I didn't get a chance to join the Batgirl party. :smithicide:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dosvidanya posted:

Infinites are part of fighting games. Let the community figure out tech to fight it imo.

Here was your tech to fight it: Ban Batgirl. Whoop dee loving.

JohnnyBigPotatoes
Jun 8, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPENDING $732.49 ON DIABLO 3 GOLD AND THEN SELLING ALL THE ITEMS AND GOLD FOR $38.27 BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF THE TAXES AND IRS

Mitt Romney 2012
click here to find out more

Dosvidanya posted:

Dude the infinite was due to meterless MB and combo reset via whiffed normal. It needed fixing.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

Just playing around with Aquaman, trying to do 22 xx db1 and the b12 is a pain. The b12 I just can't hit.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I just can't understand the kneejerk reaction to this! I mean Marvel has infinites, but no one bans Dr. Doom right? :clint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnjpLrQqfqQ

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If Doom/Mags/whoever else in Marvel 3 had infinites that were as easy to pull off as Batgirl's, they'd probably be banned too. Probably just the combos, not the characters themselves, but yeah.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Just tested the hotfix

Here's what they fixed: the infinite.

Here's what they didn't fix: MB bola without meter.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Actually they may not have fixed it? I went online and everything. Sometimes they fall out but I'm doing 3 reps of the bola loop without meter as long as you don't start with just the bola.

edit: Was the hotfix for PS3 or xbox? I figured it would have been straight to an ini since I didn't download anything on my PS3.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 23, 2013

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Dosvidanya posted:

Actually they may not have fixed it? I went online and everything. Sometimes they fall out but I'm doing 3 reps of the bola loop without meter as long as you don't start with just the bola.

edit: Was the hotfix for PS3 or xbox? I figured it would have been straight to an ini since I didn't download anything on my PS3.

MB fix apparently needs a full patch. All the hotfix did was make it so it's not an infinte.

https://twitter.com/hecterrific/status/337368862439919617

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

It still is an infinite afaict. Can someone get on and let me practice on them in online training?

psn name: Gentacle

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am online! Practiced super hard and now I only whiff 70% of my combos instead of the usual 95%. Prolly the best I've ever been!

E: Goonsamongus is a go on PSN.

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 23, 2013

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

For some reason in single player training it was showing as "unblockable" but in online training mode the MB version of bola now hits mid. So yeah, guess it's fixed.

edit: I'll prob join some rooms this week (not tonight). I'm out of practice due to Dragon's Dogma lol.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 23, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Amazing the Red Hood skin makes the Joker looks normal, kind of :v:

Batgirl is actually fun :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Amazing the Red Hood skin makes the Joker looks normal, kind of :v:

I'm curious, if you leave Joker to idle for a few seconds does he shave his helmet with his knife like he does to his face when he's in any of his non-Red Hood alts?

Cus that would be pretty stupid but also kind of glitchy and a little funny.

• Locked thread