Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I will not read the AAR but continue to make fun of and critique Paradox's regular bad decisions such as Hitler tutorial, bad official AARs highlighting new games, etc.

A great compromise.

Meanwhile, for those people who don't like EvW, don't read the dev diaries, problem solved. Your own advice taken, hypocrisy avoided.

quote:

(My favorite thing about the Ulm guy is that he used to have a gallery with commissioned drawings of nations being embodied by :nws: girls with absurdly huge breasts :nws: on his site which is quite the thing :geno: )

edit: I remember this in an old LF thread. Hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I foresee great things coming out of this line of debate.

So as not to threadshit entirely, anyone have any thoughts on Leviathan Warships? I find the campaign interesting, myself, but in some ways the game engine isn't really designed for a scripted "Go from point A to point B" campaign - lots of dead space when you spend entire turns puttering from one end of the map to another. The way the guns are set up feels a bit janky, too, though I imagine they're in there for reasons of balance. Still feels weird when your great big gently caress-off battleship is rendered completely helpless because some tiny little gunboat got in under the range of your big guns and is pelting you with what is basically a machine gun.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Necroneocon posted:

I will not read the AAR but continue to make fun of and critique Paradox's regular bad decisions such as Hitler tutorial, bad official AARs highlighting new games, etc.

A great compromise.

Meanwhile, for those people who don't like EvW, don't read the dev diaries, problem solved. Your own advice taken, hypocrisy avoided.

I don't read them because they've been consistently useless without any information I'm interested in. I'm still eagerly awaiting the game coming out so some goons can take the jump and let the rest of us know how big of a trainwreck it is.

Tomn posted:

I foresee great things coming out of this line of debate.

So as not to threadshit entirely, anyone have any thoughts on Leviathan Warships? I find the campaign interesting, myself, but in some ways the game engine isn't really designed for a scripted "Go from point A to point B" campaign - lots of dead space when you spend entire turns puttering from one end of the map to another. The way the guns are set up feels a bit janky, too, though I imagine they're in there for reasons of balance. Still feels weird when your great big gently caress-off battleship is rendered completely helpless because some tiny little gunboat got in under the range of your big guns and is pelting you with what is basically a machine gun.

It's really boring and poorly made, I would highly recommend not getting it for anyone on the fence.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Necroneocon posted:

I'm trying to help you not produce poo poo. "So don't read it" is just a smug and annoying way of ignoring criticism.

Let me put it another way, if a bunch of players told you that "x" mechanic in one of your games was bad and doesn't work, would you say "Well don't play it! Problem solved"?

Did you at some point miss that the Ulm AARs are, you know.

Popular.

As in, people like them.

I mean sure you have the right to not like something and think it's "poo poo". Takes some real lack of humility and elitism to think that your opinion is right and someone else's opinion is wrong with respect to something like this though.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Agreed, Leviathan Warships is a pretty bad game that some people fell for because of the trailer.

YF-23 posted:

Did you at some point miss that the Ulm AARs are, you know.

Popular.

As in, people like them.

I mean sure you have the right to not like something and think it's "poo poo". Takes some real lack of humility and elitism to think that your opinion is right and someone else's opinion is wrong with respect to something like this though.

We moved on already. Other people posted the same opinion as mine in this thread. You can move on too now.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Necroneocon posted:

I'm not the only one who has said this. You have seen other people said the same thing.

As you can see though, the goon brigade that sucks up to devs have woken up so I guess we're going nowhere. Keep going in the same wrong direction. I tried to suggest better people to do AARs that provide useful information for your upcoming games but I guess if you want monkeycheese comics, go for it. v :) v

Sure, you don't like it. I'm sure others don't either. On the other hand, chapter 6 of his AAR currently has 7400+ views, presumably most of those are people following it because they enjoy it rather than those who read it and seethe with hate, and 3 pages of interested chat about it and TOG, so I'm not really convinced it's a terrible liability to us.

Svip's not the only one doing AARs for TOG either, you know, and I did pass along that you liked Avindian's HoD AAR, if it helps.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

uPen posted:

It's really boring and poorly made, I would highly recommend not getting it for anyone on the fence.

I tried my best to get into it because I rather like battleships duking it out with one another, but I find I've not actually had the desire to play it for quite some time, so, whelp.

Does anybody know of any non-grognardy games that focus on dreadnought vs dreadnought combat? Closest I think I've come other than Leviathan is Battlestations: Pacific, and that's got a host of its own issues.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Darkrenown posted:

Sure, you don't like it. I'm sure others don't either. On the other hand, chapter 6 of his AAR currently has 7400+ views, presumably most of those are people following it because they enjoy it rather than those who read it and seethe with hate, and 3 pages of interested chat about it and TOG, so I'm not really convinced it's a terrible liability to us.

Svip's not the only one doing AARs for TOG either, you know, and I did pass along that you liked Avindian's HoD AAR, if it helps.

Alright fair enough, whatever is clever :tipshat:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necroneocon posted:

Agreed, Leviathan Warships is a pretty bad game that some people fell for because of the trailer.

We moved on already. Other people posted the same opinion as mine in this thread. You can move on too now.

and other people think your an arrogant prick so by your logic you are.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Tomn posted:

Does anybody know of any non-grognardy games that focus on dreadnought vs dreadnought combat? Closest I think I've come other than Leviathan is Battlestations: Pacific, and that's got a host of its own issues.

There's the Ironclads series, if you just mean "surface warships" rather than dreadnoughts specifically. Not heard good stuff about them though.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Rumda posted:

and other people think your an arrogant prick so by your logic you are.

I think you're someone who can't let things go and wants to brown nose, so since you are following my logic, you are.

We've moved on already.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Necroneocon, can you read the Simcity Thread and start posting there, since I'm intrigued to see if those people are also brown-nosing by your logic? I know you're already kicked out of the Spacebound one for similar reasons. :allears:

Darkrenown, will Republics being able to trade in the new navigable rivers be moddable at all? I'd loving love to have a Hansa that actually builds Hansa trading posts.

Beamed fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 23, 2013

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Beamed posted:

Necroneocon, can you read the Simcity Thread and start posting there, since I'm intrigued to see if those people are also brown-nosing by your logic? I know you're already kicked out of the Spacebound one for similar reasons. :allears:

I'm not kicked out of the Spacebound thread. I pre-ordered and have posted there lately. Don't be a weirdo, thanks :)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ThePutty posted:

So I'm working (:clegg:) on some sort of Greek city state themed Not-Europe map for CK2, and I'm wondering if anybody versed in geography can give me suggestions on landmarks, mountains, swamps, lakes and such things like that. I'd also like to know if the map makes sense geographically, I want it relatively realistic.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/draft.bmp
What's the scale of the map? You call it Greek city state themed, but also Not-Europe map, so I'm not entirely sure whether it's Greece scale or Europe scale. From how your draft looks, I would guess something like Sicily to Western Turkey in terms of scale. Do you have PM's? Would be easier to make suggestions without clogging up the thread with fake geography chat if you do. Also, what do you mean by landmarks here?

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
That Greek city state map sounds really cool. I am glad you can edit map features around in ck2. Someone should make a Spartacus mod from the show. Even though that's roman.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What's the scale of the map? You call it Greek city state themed, but also Not-Europe map, so I'm not entirely sure whether it's Greece scale or Europe scale. From how your draft looks, I would guess something like Sicily to Western Turkey in terms of scale. Do you have PM's? Would be easier to make suggestions without clogging up the thread with fake geography chat if you do. Also, what do you mean by landmarks here?

It's the exact same dimensions as the default map, it's basically just a poorly drawn Mediterranean. With landmarks, I was thinking of important places like Constantinople. The kind of thing I'm going for is something like the Greek city states in Not Greece (center), with a scatter of powerful kingdoms in far away places such as the southern continent (not africa). I'm kind of toying with the idea in my head of a constant 'might is right' subjugation CB for nations, simulating massive empires and subsequent falls. A real rise-and-fall-of empire simulator more than anything, without having any sort of historical basis so you don't have to worry about Turks showing up in Scandinavia. The idea of playing for 500 years and being able to go back and look at every nation and every culture that's ever inhabited your little chunk of land over the years tickles my fancy.

Also here's the scale

And a basic culture map/regions. The names are not permanent

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 23, 2013

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

ThePutty posted:

It's the exact same dimensions as the default map, it's basically just a poorly drawn Mediterranean. ...Also here's the scale
OK, so the "real life" extend of that map is basically about half x half of the standard CK2 map, since Italy takes up about twice as much space. Which fits pretty well with it being a poorly drawn Mediterranean, just one that's a bit less elongated.

ThePutty posted:

With landmarks, I was thinking of important places like Constantinople.
Good locations for landmarks like that should become clear as you put down geography I think, at which point you can use some sound judgment to figure out how you want them distributed on the map.* Rivers, straits, and defensible features are basically where you would expect important cities to crop up. The way I would approach making this map would probably be to work from the basics; smashing together (imagined) continental plates to create a distinctly Mediterranean landscape. It is of course possible to just draw your geography directly, but starting out by laying out the larger shapes, then filling them in and adding detail makes sense to me. From my perspective, it will probably also create a more believable map, not to mention that it allows you to not have to be so conscious of very choice you make, which can allow cool stuff to happen. It's not like you can't fiddle around with it afterward, but it does create a natural workflow.

Am I to assume you not answering the PM question means you don't have it?

*As in, which locations became successful in this world. (And which makes for the best gameplay.)

ThePutty posted:

The kind of thing I'm going for is something like the Greek city states in Not Greece (center), with a scatter of powerful kingdoms in far away places such as the southern continent (not africa). I'm kind of toying with the idea in my head of a constant 'might is right' subjugation CB for nations, simulating massive empires and subsequent falls. A real rise-and-fall-of empire simulator more than anything, without having any sort of historical basis so you don't have to worry about Turks showing up in Scandinavia. The idea of playing for 500 years and being able to go back and look at every nation and every culture that's ever inhabited your little chunk of land over the years tickles my fancy.
Sounds cool, basically a "fantasy" version of the Roman conquest of the Mediterranean?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Am I to assume you not answering the PM question means you don't have it?

Yeah, I'm a shitler who hasn't payed another :10bux:

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Sounds cool, basically a "fantasy" version of the Roman conquest of the Mediterranean?

The :spergin: idea in my brain is something like 10 - 20 years after an Alexander type leader died, his empire collapsing and falling into total war amongst his children. The idea is that you're placed into a world that's a bit like Wiz's divided world scenario, but with more kingdoms and in a poorly drawn Mediterranean. Thanks for the advice by the way, I'll try and conjure up something and post it in the (probably distant) future.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Beamed posted:

Darkrenown, will Republics being able to trade in the new navigable rivers be moddable at all? I'd loving love to have a Hansa that actually builds Hansa trading posts.

I don't think so. I'll check with team CK and get back to you if this isn't correct though.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

ThePutty posted:

Yeah, I'm a shitler who hasn't payed another :10bux:
To be fair, I didn't pay for PM's either, I got them for drawing a bunch of dinosaurs. :v:

ThePutty posted:

The :spergin: idea in my brain is something like 10 - 20 years after an Alexander type leader died, his empire collapsing and falling into total war amongst his children. The idea is that you're placed into a world that's a bit like Wiz's divided world scenario, but with more kingdoms and in a poorly drawn Mediterranean.
Hopefully it'll be a well drawn alternate Mediterranean when you're done. :colbert:

ThePutty posted:

Thanks for the advice by the way, I'll try and conjure up something and post it in the (probably distant) future.
No problem, I'm a huge geography sperg, so this is just my thing. I'm actually considering making an EU4 mod where the world map is the earth 50 million years from now, just because I've already made an elevation and vegetation map for it. Might as well put it to some use. :v: Not sure how exactly I'm going to deal with history, maybe it's just a kinda 2012 (The movie) scenario, where the Earth experiences 50 million years of continental drift in one go for some reason. That way I at least have some real world history to base it on, even if it's going to be knocked the hell off course by such an event.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

There are other Old Gods AARs? I don't see any stickied.

Oh also out of mild curiosity: Do any of you guys visit the CK2 thread? I only ever see Wiz around there.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

To be fair, I didn't pay for PM's either, I got them for drawing a bunch of dinosaurs. :v:

Hopefully it'll be a well drawn alternate Mediterranean when you're done. :colbert:

No problem, I'm a huge geography sperg, so this is just my thing. I'm actually considering making an EU4 mod where the world map is the earth 50 million years from now, just because I've already made an elevation and vegetation map for it. Might as well put it to some use. :v: Not sure how exactly I'm going to deal with history, maybe it's just a kinda 2012 (The movie) scenario, where the Earth experiences 50 million years of continental drift in one go for some reason. That way I at least have some real world history to base it on, even if it's going to be knocked the hell off course by such an event.

Just say it's an alternate reality Earth and be done with it. Originally my Western North America CK2 mod (which has unfortunately fallen by the wayside since I couldn't figure out what was making it break post-patch) was going to be "America is Feudal for some reason" rather than Post-Apocalyptic, but the moniker kind of stuck.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
One thing I'm still pretty unsure of in Vic 2 is what to set all of my national focuses to later in the game. Early on it's pretty straightforward to follow the standard advice of promoting bureaucrats and clergy everywhere until those are in the right place, and then later when I start getting my initial factories up, I'll spend time promoting craftsmen and clerks. But, later on when I've got a healthy amount of craftsmen and clerks working in a bunch of very industrialized states, or worse, when there's unemployment due to shut down factories and there are unemployed craftsmen, I'm not really sure what to do.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Darkrenown posted:

I don't think so. I'll check with team CK and get back to you if this isn't correct though.

I believe someone asked in one of the DD threads and the answer was an explicit 'no'.

Norse republic might be fun though. Buy our trade goods OR ELSE.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Kersch posted:

One thing I'm still pretty unsure of in Vic 2 is what to set all of my national focuses to later in the game. Early on it's pretty straightforward to follow the standard advice of promoting bureaucrats and clergy everywhere until those are in the right place, and then later when I start getting my initial factories up, I'll spend time promoting craftsmen and clerks. But, later on when I've got a healthy amount of craftsmen and clerks working in a bunch of very industrialized states, or worse, when there's unemployment due to shut down factories and there are unemployed craftsmen, I'm not really sure what to do.

When unemployment rises and the economy is bad it's time to encourage people to join the army and blame your troubles on your richest neighbour.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Kersch posted:

Change it to solders if you want war, or use the loyalty ones to steer the elections.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Just say it's an alternate reality Earth and be done with it. Originally my Western North America CK2 mod (which has unfortunately fallen by the wayside since I couldn't figure out what was making it break post-patch) was going to be "America is Feudal for some reason" rather than Post-Apocalyptic, but the moniker kind of stuck.
Well, it wasn't like I was going to make a really thorough explanation for how and why everything is like it is, I was just going to choose some point in history* and use that as the jumping off point for my own ideas. A bit easier to work from some sort of base, not to mention that having familiar(ish) cultures inhabiting the world gives the player a better mental image of it.

*Probably around the time the Arabs started their conquests. The world is kinda familiar, but still very open to doing some weird poo poo with it, beyond the changed geography.

Any chance a Paradox dude could tell us the pixel dimensions of the EU4 map? Still 5400x2700, or is it larger than that? Sometimes I wish they would just release the maps images early so modders could start working even before the game was released. :v:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

How do you win the Tex-Mex war as Mexico at the start? Great Britain is always on the brink of accepting an alliance but never do, and I can't seem to be lucky enough to get them to DoW the US while I'm killing Texas. Any trick?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

How do you win the Tex-Mex war as Mexico at the start? Great Britain is always on the brink of accepting an alliance but never do, and I can't seem to be lucky enough to get them to DoW the US while I'm killing Texas. Any trick?

Yes, there is a trick. Several tricks, rather.

1. Mobilize on day 1 of the game.
2. Disband most of your starting army and build one with Infantry and Artillery (this is before you even move on Texas...let them besiege El Paso and Laredo if they like). Build one cavalry unit for each stack for recon. If you're going into debt, don't worry about it, you'll pay it off after the war.
3. Never EVER attack Sam Houston's army. Bait him into attacking you if you must fight him, preferably never fight him at all.
4. Conduct simultaneous sieges on San Antonio, Austin, and Lubbock. Time your sieges so that they'll end on the same day. Move troops away from faster-moving ones to slower-moving ones if necessary.
5. USA will intervene at this point. Don't panic and start laying siege to Dallas and Houston. USA can't get troops to you in time to stop you from occupying them.
6. Negotiate a separate Annexation peace with Texas. USA's wargoal will change to "Free Texas" and the war will continue.
7. Bulk your armies up into the closest thing to doomstacks you can get and bait the Americans into attacking you. This works best if you spawned a high defense general, but it can work otherwise. Destroy the Americans in defensive battles. Obviously, due to the dice nature of combat, this isn't guaranteed.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

As World War III kicks off in 20xx, the Illuminati use their cryopreservation facilities to weather the nuclear holocaust that is sure to follow. Because of a programming mistake however, instead of exiting cryo 500 years in the future they end up staying frozen for 50,000,000 years. A thousand years after the de-frost, the cult's descendants are the inheritors of the Earth, and have formed their own tribes based on the fairy tales of the elders' elders, such as Vranss, Jermani, and Speyn.

I'm sorry

Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012
Is there a good place/way to look for reliable European players for an AoD or DH game? The official multiplayer forums are quite dead.

Littlefinger fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 23, 2013

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
Does setting a NF for party loyalty affect the voter's ideologies at all, or does it just trick them into voting against their ideologies?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It just tricks how they vote in the election, no effect on upper house :(

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

YF-23 posted:

As World War III kicks off in 20xx, the Illuminati use their cryopreservation facilities to weather the nuclear holocaust that is sure to follow. Because of a programming mistake however, instead of exiting cryo 500 years in the future they end up staying frozen for 50,000,000 years. A thousand years after the de-frost, the cult's descendants are the inheritors of the Earth, and have formed their own tribes based on the fairy tales of the elders' elders, such as Vranss, Jermani, and Speyn.

I'm sorry
This is actually pretty close to the backstory of Warhammer 40K, just with cryo-sleep instead of several iterations of civilizations going through global thermonuclear and biological wars. Though at least this version is less likely to have Scandinavia be a neo-viking cannibal hellhole.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
The Victoria 2 crisis system is awesome. It just happened in my game that France, Austria and Russia have gone to war against Britain and their Prussian allies to free the Irish!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Any chance a Paradox dude could tell us the pixel dimensions of the EU4 map? Still 5400x2700, or is it larger than that? Sometimes I wish they would just release the maps images early so modders could start working even before the game was released. :v:

Same as EUIII, as far as I know.

Rejected Fate posted:

Oh also out of mild curiosity: Do any of you guys visit the CK2 thread? I only ever see Wiz around there.

I read it sometimes, but I don't work on CK2 and rarely have time to even play it, so I can't really answer much in it. I pass along bugs reported if I see any new/funny ones though, or interesting events (the guy torturing the pope in his dungeon was pretty good!). None of the other Devs who are members here are on team CK either (Except Zerf, I guess, but he only worked on the original a bit, so he's not really current either.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Paradox I'm not entirely sure how your games are programmed but I have to say that I'm deeply impressed. I'm knocking together a buildings mod (geared towards Elder Kings) and somewhere in the localization file I've misplaced a ; or something - yet to track it down. Anyway, what impresses me is that these one or two misplaced or missing semi-colons break every single localization in the game. :v:

Well, back to combing through.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Mister Adequate posted:

Paradox I'm not entirely sure how your games are programmed but I have to say that I'm deeply impressed. I'm knocking together a buildings mod (geared towards Elder Kings) and somewhere in the localization file I've misplaced a ; or something - yet to track it down. Anyway, what impresses me is that these one or two misplaced or missing semi-colons break every single localization in the game. :v:

Well, back to combing through.

I think having a blank line at the beginning or end of your localization file will screw up everything as well... been a while since I've messed with those.

EDIT: Maybe not, I see blank lines at the end of EUIII files. Could have sworn I had an issue like that once, though.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Patter Song posted:

Yes, there is a trick. Several tricks, rather.

1. Mobilize on day 1 of the game.
2. Disband most of your starting army and build one with Infantry and Artillery (this is before you even move on Texas...let them besiege El Paso and Laredo if they like). Build one cavalry unit for each stack for recon. If you're going into debt, don't worry about it, you'll pay it off after the war.
3. Never EVER attack Sam Houston's army. Bait him into attacking you if you must fight him, preferably never fight him at all.
4. Conduct simultaneous sieges on San Antonio, Austin, and Lubbock. Time your sieges so that they'll end on the same day. Move troops away from faster-moving ones to slower-moving ones if necessary.
5. USA will intervene at this point. Don't panic and start laying siege to Dallas and Houston. USA can't get troops to you in time to stop you from occupying them.
6. Negotiate a separate Annexation peace with Texas. USA's wargoal will change to "Free Texas" and the war will continue.
7. Bulk your armies up into the closest thing to doomstacks you can get and bait the Americans into attacking you. This works best if you spawned a high defense general, but it can work otherwise. Destroy the Americans in defensive battles. Obviously, due to the dice nature of combat, this isn't guaranteed.

A note on this from my current Mexico game -

1. Let Texas grab El Paso and/or Laredo so they get a positive warscore
2. Bait Houston to attack one of your stacks and reinforce to win the battle
3. With Houston's -25% speed modifier your army will always arrive where he retreats to first - do this until the entire Texas army surrenders
4. If you still have a negative war score due to Texas' captured territory, the US won't be triggered into the war
5. Set up simultaneous (slow) sieges for all five Texas provinces. If you can arrange for them to all end in the same month or so, you'll gain enough warscore to annex Texas before the US can enter the war.
6. No US in war means no Manifest Destiny, so enjoy your decades of peace sheltering the America's sphere until you find an appropriate time to stab them in the back :getin:

It's a little gamey, but it does avoid the US getting cores on your territory and repeatedly smashing your poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Alright, so I'm playing an Argentina game in HoD with NMM and AoP and I'm stuck at how to get out of the Presidential (Military)Dictatorship. I've tried to fight obnoxiously long wars and raise huge taxes but to no avail. How can I become a beacon of freedom for my tasty, tasty immigration bonus?

• Locked thread