Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Alteisen posted:

I see nothing to be ashamed off there, that was a drat good match.

You did have full meter though, odd you didn't try to use it.

I can't get in the mindset yet where I start thinking about all my options while playing. I often forget I have stance change as an option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGzAPzjxllI

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is the transforming dpad for 360 worth it? Cause I played on my friend's ps3 and it was like a whole new world.

P.S. it's "Garrick" with a c :shobon: :flashfact:

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Spaceman Bill posted:

Is the transforming dpad for 360 worth it? Cause I played on my friend's ps3 and it was like a whole new world.

Unless it completely changes the 360's dpad from the base up I don't think it'd do anything. The 360 dpad is a pile of garbage and nothing can change that.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Because Garrik has no chance of winning and we're gonna get Stewart who was the worst central member of the group in the JL cartoon. Do you seriously believe Jay Garrik isn't a joke suggestion?

What? The worst written character on Justice League is Superman, and I didn't even realize that was a question - the writers seriously had no idea what to do with that character so he just comes off as completely incompetent throughout every season. When they did do a Superman episode it was inevitably some tired Superjerk variation; in defiance of all logic he plays the bad cop to Batman's good cop for the whole show. If anything John Stewart and Hawkgirl were amongst the best written characters, as the only two members to undergo any kind of long-term character arc and demonstrate a realistic, adult relationship, where things don't always end up happily ever after. Really, John's biggest problem on that show was his animation budget.

More importantly, nobody cares how the characters were written on the show. People want the black GL. Especially in a roster with all of one black guy, two if you're being generous and count Ares.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Equilibrium posted:

What? The worst written character on Justice League is Superman, and I didn't even realize that was a question - the writers seriously had no idea what to do with that character so he just comes off as completely incompetent throughout every season. When they did do a Superman episode it was inevitably some tired Superjerk variation; in defiance of all logic he plays the bad cop to Batman's good cop for the whole show. If anything John Stewart and Hawkgirl were amongst the best written characters, as the only two members to undergo any kind of long-term character arc and demonstrate a realistic, adult relationship, where things don't always end up happily ever after. Really, John's biggest problem on that show was his animation budget.

More importantly, nobody cares how the characters were written on the show. People want the black GL. Especially in a roster with all of one black guy, two if you're being generous and count Ares.

Three if you count the inevitable inclusion of Static mo'fuckin' Shock.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

PantsBandit posted:

Three if you count the inevitable inclusion of Static mo'fuckin' Shock.

He's everything I would want in this game. Spunky, Clever, Electrifying. Not to mention he flies on a manhole cover.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Whether Red Hood or Static Shock wins will depend on who is voting in this poll - half-hearted comic nerds or 90's cartoon nerds.

I know all my friends voted for Static Shock.

(I know the cartoon ran from 2000 on but you'd have to have been born in the 90's)

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Looking to 1v1 any other insomniac goons on XBL, in the goonroom as gimea rubdown

e: Really great games tonight Errant

e2: I'm hanging out in daily challenge / other rooms now, just send me a message or post here if anyone wants to play at this hour.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 24, 2013

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Easiest zero-skill way to beat bad people: Pick bane, venom, charge, repeat. The cooldown is so short now that this actually beats a surprising amount of players. Everyone who's patient will probably win but there are a lot of people who just can't adjust to the cheese in time.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Holy Calamity! posted:

Easiest zero-skill way to beat bad people: Pick bane, venom, charge, repeat. The cooldown is so short now that this actually beats a surprising amount of players. Everyone who's patient will probably win but there are a lot of people who just can't adjust to the cheese in time.

Plays like you are a free win for me. Wish you were on PSN, buddy!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

gannyGrabber posted:

Every time I read a post of yours I remember that I should add you on PSN so we can try our connection out again, but then I forget for whatever reason. Maybe if I post about it I'll remember.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

gannyGrabber posted:

Well yeah, like I said it's a free win if you aren't bad. Also given that we'll never possibly play each other I'm going to say that I'd definitely tear you apart.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 24, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Every time I read a post of yours I remember that I should add you on PSN so we can try our connection out again, but then I forget for whatever reason. Maybe if I post about it I'll remember.

I actually forgot you were even on PSN. Shameful of me. I'd add you but you just said you'd add me so it's all up to you now!

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I've never seen the cartoon so I got all excited that the Daily Shows Jon Stewart was going to be in the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

After lots of stream-watching I finally grabbed the game! If someone wants to slap me around, add VoodooYardbomb on PSN. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Equilibrium posted:

I'm not going to sit here and have a giant argument about this, I'm just gonna say a lot of Stewart's storylines are romance drama centered around characters who have no personality and give us no reason to care about them. Meanwhile, Superman literally has an episode where he grows a beard, fights monsters with swords, and then chills out with Vandal Savage. John doesn't undergo a character arc at all, he is literally defined by his boring personality and his romance subplots.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Well they already have Phil Lamar doing Aquaman, so he could do the voice of Stewart which would be nice :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jon Stewart sucks.

Jay Garrick is old and runs fast. That's inspiring to the youth of today. Bring on Jay Garrick.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I tend to spend a lot of time in training mode grinding combos anyway, but after watching the videos JackDarko uploaded of my Batgirl, I just spent a solid hour doing BnBs back and forth across the stage. Yeah, it's online, and yeah, she was a Day 1 Batgirl, but I should not be dropping the easy combos into Bola I was going for.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So far I'm 4/0 against people with a lot more matches played than me and only one win came from Deathstroke spam, I'm pleasantly surprised. The other times I was just roiding up as Bane and crunching people. :v:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

The one Flash costume I wouldn't be interested in. Thanks for nothing, Netherrealm. :mad:

Edit: nevermind, he then tweeted that he'd rather see a Professor Zoom skin. Good. :shobon:

Krad fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 24, 2013

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Krad posted:

The one Flash costume I wouldn't be interested in. Thanks for nothing, Netherrealm. :mad:

Edit: nevermind, he then tweeted that he'd rather see a Professor Zoom skin. Good. :shobon:

Really? You'd rather have opposite colors Flash as a skin rather than awesome bucket-head Flash??

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Help requested: As Bane, I've gotten in three situations that I really didn't like.

1) Hawkgirl activates trait, sits in the upper corner of the screen, spams mace or dive when I try to get in.

2) Superman's air dash. Makes cornering him a bitch and his keep-away zoning game disgusting. Also works as a mediocre cross-up tool. I couldn't find an answer to this before my opponent quit out after 2 games.

3) Grundys that just use armor and meter to walk through everything you do and grab you.

Advice appreciated so very much.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 24, 2013

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Blast Fantasto posted:

Really? You'd rather have opposite colors Flash as a skin rather than awesome bucket-head Flash??

If he gets a new voice to go with the look, yes. I never liked old Flash.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

1) Hawkgirl activates trait, sits in the upper corner of the screen, spams mace or dive when I try to get in.

2) Superman's air dash. Makes cornering him a bitch and his keep-away zoning game disgusting. Also works as a mediocre cross-up tool. I couldn't find an answer to this before my opponent quit out after 2 games.

1) Closing in on Hawkgirl is obviously going to be a pain. You need to find the right time to dash. I don't know which dive you mean (it's either MB Mace Throw into dive or her dive kick) but both are punishable on block, so be patient, work into the close range, block the dive kick if she goes for it or Venom up and Venom Uppercut.

2) If he's going for crossup airdash in the neutral game, you should be able to recognize it, pop Venom, and either Venom Uppercut if he's up high or uhhh whatever the bf2 move is called if he's lower. If you get him into the corner, he's taking a significant risk by going to the air, as you can see him jump, pop Venom, and do MB Venom Uppercut into a free command grab on his wakeup (unless he has super).

Edit: Also, he can't press buttons until the air dash completes, just like with normal dashes, so if you read an air dash, you could potentially jump and meet it with j2 or body splash, too.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

3) Grundys that just use armor and meter to walk through everything you do and grab you.

Your options here are either to go full crazy Venom level 3, which makes his f2, f2d, and I think his non-grab specials break armor. It might also be possible to time a Venom level 1 command grab such that if Grundy lets the bf3 grab complete they both whiff but if he tries to cancel the bf3 he gets grabbed, but you'd have to take that into the lab to be sure.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 24, 2013

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
It's John Stewart.

Jon Stewart hosts the Daily Show.

:spergin:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Thank you Shadow Ninja. I really appreciate the advice.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
It was nice to see fellow goon, SuddenBlackout make easy work out of Maximillian Dood in his most recently uploaded video. Cyborg is a loving rear end in a top hat though.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Cool, didn't realize that was a goon.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

It was nice to see fellow goon, SuddenBlackout make easy work out of Maximillian Dood in his most recently uploaded video. Cyborg is a loving rear end in a top hat though.

I don't particularly enjoy Max videos and I think his fan base is whack so this brings me great joy to read.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
You people don't have a clue. You live in your little bubble where you learn your prescribed combos and that's all. As an example EVERY (and i mean EVERY) Batman player now does the exact same thing. Same with pretty much all the characters. You've created and allowed to be created a tedious repetitive game with no room for variety or creativity because the one uber combo is the only and most effective way to play. Yet half the cast is hosed as a result of decisions like these. Characters with few answers to zoning or speed rushdown don't stand a chance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brett824 posted:

You people don't have a clue. You live in your little bubble where you learn your prescribed combos and that's all. As an example EVERY (and i mean EVERY) Batman player now does the exact same thing. Same with pretty much all the characters. You've created and allowed to be created a tedious repetitive game with no room for variety or creativity because the one uber combo is the only and most effective way to play. Yet half the cast is hosed as a result of decisions like these. Characters with few answers to zoning or speed rushdown don't stand a chance.

It's okay, I'm bad and only play because it's superheroes too.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Brett824 posted:

I play Grundy too. :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Brett824 posted:

I like to do the uber-combos because they are better than the not-uber combos.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

I like to do the uber-combos because they are better than the not-uber combos.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the non-uber combos and uber combos will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh Brett824, I used to think that way about vidgee games when I was 13, too.

As to the above Hawkgirl question, remember that her trait lasts a set amount of time (I think it's 7-8 seconds?) You should learn this, and then just start charging right before it ends. She'll hit the ground and you'll run right over her!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I just had a game where pretty much me and the other guy were blown away by the end.

I was Shazam and he was Black Adam, first time so I was just figuring out all my moves and mostly just doing damage with the Atlantis interactables. Well at the end after his super hit me, he had me down to the whole 1% blinking splinter health and he had probably like 50% or so of his second bar, so it looked pretty grim. After he blocked some combo of mine, out of total desperation I launch my super and it looked like he got out of it, right until one tiny way off frame connected, sending him up into the animation and dropping him at close enough to the same health I had, which had both of us cracking up that the wonky super had even landed. Then the second my feet touched the ground all I could do was spam out that lightning bolt command, which by some miracle and to his disbelief, nailed him before he could zap me and netted a win.

That's probably every other game for some dudes but man, that was awesome. :buddy:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 24, 2013

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Brett824 posted:

There's this pretty cool game called Divekick, you should check it out bro.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

Krad posted:

There's this pretty cool game called Divekick, you should check it out bro.

Preeettty sure that's a copy/paste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Anyone have a list of matchups for Batman or a general tips to certain characters? At least I had trouble vs Black Adam, he zoned my jumpins, and his moves seem super safe. Might also have been my horrendous lag.

• Locked thread