Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Crowbear posted:

Huh, I actually did forget about those. I also didn't realize their effect was so pronounced.

Do they stack with armor spells or can you only have one of them on at once?

I believe you can have 1 armor and 1 evasion active at the same time. You probably shouldn't need both (but a tunneling mushroom man is pretty awesome).

Edit: Related in someway:

Belzac fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I want to get more crazy outfits and colors. I NEED to get more crazy outfits and colors.

To this end, how do I get more rainments? I figured out that doing Avalon Pacts gives you colors, but I want more loco outfits. They really are spectacularly weird and awesome.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I want to get more crazy outfits and colors. I NEED to get more crazy outfits and colors.

To this end, how do I get more rainments? I figured out that doing Avalon Pacts gives you colors, but I want more loco outfits. They really are spectacularly weird and awesome.

Just keep doing stuff. I've noticed it's based on the splits. If a mission has a save/sac split then the base will give a color, and each outcome will give a color. Also they have a few spread out in the Forgotten Pacts.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

XavierGenisi posted:

One thing I've learned: trying to go pure Dark as far as levels go is really challenging. I do some rather nice damage to enemies, and that's great and all. Only problem is that I crumble once a slime starts raining goop everywhere or the centaur does a projectile rain (or something else like that).

Going pure Dark is generally a bad idea. It's fine if your spells are maxed and you're running a group with people doing the same (or three full Dark and one guy to res them) but for solo/pubbie fighting it's terrible. There's also fights (gently caress double Wyvern) where you'll get poo poo on for pure offense. Around section nine of the Avalon pacts it starts getting really difficult due to monsters without weaknesses and all the double monster fights.

If you're going for hard offense (but not pure Dark) then you'll need to max your spells and learn to abuse elemental Hell states. Up until the sixth Avalon chapter you should be killing things more or less before they move. After that you should have them into orange/red before they move and just spam Thrown to finish them off. Then you hit the last couple of chapters and you have to start cheesing it due to everything having way too much health to burst down.

quote:

God help me if I decide to use Infernus and I don't finish off an Archfiend, and I screw up dodging.

If you're using Infernus before the monster is red then you're kind of screwing yourself.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah I would be a lot more critical of this game if it was a PS3 game. As it is there's nothing like it on the Vita and it's a nice first step forward for a new IP. I'm enjoying it a lot and it's not perfect but I definitely think it's better than the 77 or whatever it has on Metacritic.

I really feel the same way. If it was on the PS3, most of it would bother me like how there's so much stuff to grind for, and how every fight just gets its own arena and not a free roam world like Monster Hunter, and the enemy/boss variety isn't actually that big.

But it's on the Vita, so a lot of this stuff actually helps it. And we've got free DLC to give this game some more life too.

edit: I seriously would recommend this game to Vita owners who wants a multiplayer game and can handle a little challenge. It'll tide you over until Muramasa Rebirth/Dragon's Crown.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 14, 2013

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
Ok managed to cheese my way to the Phoenix who tears me a new one....how the gently caress do I kill it?!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jut posted:

Ok managed to cheese my way to the Phoenix who tears me a new one....how the gently caress do I kill it?!

Ice spells. Lots of ice spells.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

TaurusOxford posted:

Ice spells. Lots of ice spells.

Run with fire armor

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

As others have said bringing armor to that fight makes it a lot easier. Other than that I would just load up on thrown magic.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
Ok, I think I know why I'm finding this game so confusing at times, the lack of damage information.

Taking a level in chaos increases magic damage right? so say my attack rating is 200, and I use a lovely arrow with 25 damage, does that give me 25 damage total or 225 or something else?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea, I'm not sure what kind of modifier your characters magic level adds to your spells base damage. Belzac/Emalde/salsaguy probably do though. I guess simple addition would make the most sense.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

So I've seen a sigil that heals when you sacrifice, is there one that recharges spells when you save? (Preferably Divine)

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 18, 2013

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Anthrovore posted:

Yea, I'm not sure what kind of modifier your characters magic level adds to your spells base damage. Belzac/Emalde/salsaguy probably do though. I guess simple addition would make the most sense.

It's a multiplier to my knowledge. The only spell we've really tested is Gungnir (the spell that happens when you sacrifice an ally. In that case it will always do 10 times the caster's magic stat. But if you think about how spells work in the game it only makes sense for it to be a multiplier. So many spells are multi-hit. I'd guess 200 magic means 200% increased damage.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

So I've seen a sigil that heals when you sacrifice, is there one that recharges spells when you save? (Preferably Divine)

Nope! The reverse one for Divine just makes it so you get healed even more.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
Ok, made it to the end boss and need help. He just tosses me around like a ragdoll and has bullshit range on all his spells. He is still green whenever he kills me.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Jut posted:

Ok, made it to the end boss and need help. He just tosses me around like a ragdoll and has bullshit range on all his spells. He is still green whenever he kills me.

First form is easily brought down with any singular set of large Tufts or a large Weapon-type spell. Second form is all about having 3-4 large mortars and just spamming with as many damage-enhancing sigils equipped as possible.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

Emalde posted:

First form is easily brought down with any singular set of large Tufts or a large Weapon-type spell. Second form is all about having 3-4 large mortars and just spamming with as many damage-enhancing sigils equipped as possible.

Gah, there is more than one form? I'm never going to kill this dude am I?

On a side note, I did quite enjoy the story, a few nice little twists and surprises here and there. Gotta feel sorry for the sorcerer who's memories you're reliving.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

As a Divine character I just took 3 healing spells and killed him with Sanguine Cannon.

For the first form you just blast him with blood, dodge his spells, and then run away if you need to when he summons the golems. You can outrange them and if you keep moving his long range lightning attack won't hit you. Just stay back until the golems disappear.

For the second part of the fight (your spells recharge here so don't worry about conserving them), you can cheese it a bit by standing back behind his left leg and just using melee/blood skills. He has a real hard time hitting you if you stay back there, and hitting the legs will cause him to fall over. I ran over and hit him in the face after that, but I don't know if it really makes a difference or not.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I ran over and hit him in the face after that, but I don't know if it really makes a difference or not.

Hitting a boss in a cursed spot deals 50% more damage.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp
Well I just barely killed the first form my smacking him in the head with a God arm. Second form one shotted me though.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Jut posted:

Well I just barely killed the first form my smacking him in the head with a God arm. Second form one shotted me though.

What level and sigils are you using? I went and gathered the correct shards for the weapon boost 2 sigil and destroyed him after that. It could be your equipment or build.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.
Did anybody else have major problems with the Cerberus fight? Not the partial one where you just have to beat him back, but the full fight where you can actually save/sacrifice at the end. I spent the last 4 days just beating my head against it, and just finally found a method that worked for me. I feel like the game doesn't give you access to a lot of earth element attacks.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Have people been doing sidequests? It seems like if you just run through story mode, you'll have a hard time, especially if you've been pumping all/mostly into magic. Pump some levels into Life as well and do sidequests to pick up lots of useful and stronger level offerings.

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

Pierce posted:

What level and sigils are you using? I went and gathered the correct shards for the weapon boost 2 sigil and destroyed him after that. It could be your equipment or build.

Level 20/30 running attack and damage boosts

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but what's the best way to get Enemy SE+? Like, are there any specific missions I should try playing to get them, or what? I need some Orc and Goblin SE+s for some sigils, but I can't seem to find any.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

XavierGenisi posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but what's the best way to get Enemy SE+? Like, are there any specific missions I should try playing to get them, or what? I need some Orc and Goblin SE+s for some sigils, but I can't seem to find any.

Higher levels, the better chance. For SE+ and LE+ I'd probably poke around in the 4th and 5th chapter of Avalon pacts. Maybe 6th as well.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Jut posted:

Level 20/30 running attack and damage boosts

I was closer to 25/45 when I beat him. I played through all open Avalon Pacts before the fight. Won't say I walked over him, but he went down on the 3rd try.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

XavierGenisi posted:

Don't quote me on this but I think the mission Sweeping the Valley is good for getting goblin+, it's an exploration mission so you can kill as many as you want before completing it. I think it's one of the first missions in pact 4 or 5.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Anthrovore posted:

Don't quote me on this but I think the mission Sweeping the Valley is good for getting goblin+, it's an exploration mission so you can kill as many as you want before completing it. I think it's one of the first missions in pact 4 or 5.

I think it's the end of pact 6. I did it and I managed to harvest a couple of SE++s as well, even if it did take me like 20 mins of them respawning.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
In "hunting action" terms, 20 minutes is roughly equivalent to half a second.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Man, did interest in this game drop a lot recently? It's been hard for me to find good people to play the last tier of Avalon quests with me. Someone help me do Remorse.

Free dlc comes next week I believe.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC

Ineffiable posted:

Man, did interest in this game drop a lot recently? It's been hard for me to find good people to play the last tier of Avalon quests with me. Someone help me do Remorse.

I'd play with you, except you're a dirty hipster. (Actually I'm at least six hours ahead of you and your playtime is usually my bedtime.)

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Ineffiable posted:

I think we're on about the same time a lot. I'll start sending you an invite.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ineffiable posted:

It has. I have had a hard-as-hell time getting people with decent levels to stick around long enough for another person or two to pop in for the harder missions. Then I have maxed out guys claiming they can do a mission solo, and when I enter with just the two of us, they die before even getting a hit in. It's so frustrating, since I only have 5 or so Avalon missions left.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

AlternateNu posted:

It has. I have had a hard-as-hell time getting people with decent levels to stick around long enough for another person or two to pop in for the harder missions. Then I have maxed out guys claiming they can do a mission solo, and when I enter with just the two of us, they die before even getting a hit in. It's so frustrating, since I only have 5 or so Avalon missions left.

PSN? pierce_rm1

I'm on sporadically and will do 1-2 missions. Later at night EST I have more time and will play longer. Character is 35/65 and I will cheese with Seadevil's Scales. "Goons" as room name going forward?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Pierce posted:

PSN? pierce_rm1

I'm on sporadically and will do 1-2 missions. Later at night EST I have more time and will play longer. Character is 35/65 and I will cheese with Seadevil's Scales. "Goons" as room name going forward?

Gonna need your help tonight. I just got to the pact whit two Illecbra. Luckily, I only have to do that plus the two pacts linked to it and half of the last avalon pact tier and I'm all done until the DLC.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

DLC should be dropping tomorrow night; It includes Dullahan and Behemoth, as well as the Berserker Rite. The two bosses should be fairly unique. Berserker makes your brain into a monster that rampages around the field, which causes your current spells to be randomized and hidden from view.

Belzac, I expect you here for this! :mad:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Emalde posted:

DLC should be dropping tomorrow night; It includes Dullahan and Behemoth, as well as the Berserker Rite. The two bosses should be fairly unique. Berserker makes your brain into a monster that rampages around the field, which causes your current spells to be randomized and hidden from view.

Belzac, I expect you here for this! :mad:

Aight. I guess I'll get 1/99 today and then start back towards a reasonable level.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Double post for news: The patch is out. It adds:

Facebook and Twitter support
AR Card support
Obtaining Lacrima inside of multiplayer lobbies
DLC support

And a whole bunch of unlisted changes to spells, sigils, and everything else. Time to find the new balance (read: overpowered spells).

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Belzac posted:

Double post for news: The patch is out. It adds:

Obtaining Lacrima inside of multiplayer lobbies

This is the single most important change, right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
DLC is out. Go get it. DLC is only 100kb so don't worry about size. Missions are located under Forgotten Packs -> Hour of Amber. I did the memory of Dullahan and that guy is fast as hell (but didn't do much damage to me). I'll report more if no one else has yet after I get out of work.

Belzac fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 28, 2013

• Locked thread