Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You're winning because the people you fight don't know that every variation of Batgirl's db2 is punishable by crouch blocking.

db2 with no input (i.e. not pressing high or low) is an overhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

gannyGrabber posted:

db2 with no input (i.e. not pressing high or low) is an overhead.

Right, I forgot, but even that one is punishable on block, and you can block high and react to the low version (or fuzzy guard if you can't react). It's a risky mixup compared to b12/b2u3/b2d3 and much less rewarding because all the db2 variations are rollable knockdown.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 25, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Right, I forgot, but even that one is punishable on block, and you can block high and react to the low version (or fuzzy guard if you can't react). It's a risky mixup compared to b12/b2u3/b2d3 and much less rewarding because all the db2 variations are rollable knockdown.

Are you sure about the punish? I haven't seen it happen yet, except on the occasional reversal. My frame data in practice says it ranges between +10 to +18 on block. Maybe I should take another look...

We should batgirl later and see if you can handle the db2 like you say!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I started trying out Sinestro. I like him, but I can't seem to beat other long range characters reliably. I can't beat a Deathstroke with him for the life of me, and even Nightwing has that weird thing with his staff that seems timed almost perfectly to disrupt me.

I suck at giving advice but here goes:

Get the life lead on DS and then keep him out. Make him try to and get in while running the obstacle course of fear blasts and boulders. Be smart with impact event since your rocks can get punished by a fast and educated DS so try and anticipate when he wants to jump over your blasts. Also watch out as he can duck under fear blast from close to midscreen and shoot your shins out all day.

Nightwing will usually have to forgo escrima for staff when fighting Sinestro. When playing footsies with Nightwing, stay out of his staff max range and pepper him, but watch out for Flying Graysons since that poo poo can punish poorly time blasts and boulders pretty consistently but if you're spacing is right you can bait him into doing it and full combo his rear end. Baiting is what I usually rely on to fight Nightwing and you can do it pretty well using trait, just remember to hold back and release trait to instantly block.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

gannyGrabber posted:

Are you sure about the punish? I haven't seen it happen yet, except on the occasional reversal. My frame data in practice says it ranges between +10 to +18 on block. Maybe I should take another look...

We should batgirl later and see if you can handle the db2 like you say!

The frame data on db2~d is wrong, db2 is listed as punishable, and db2~u is duckable: http://testyourmight.com/threads/db2d-frame-data-correction.32859/#post-879156

I'm not saying I'll be able to handle it well because I'm garbage and the online is so-so, but my ability to deal with it or not does not change the fact that it is a subpar mixup compared to her other options. db2~u, however, is her high damage combo ender in situations where you don't want to combo into Bola (basically only when you would kill).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The frame data on db2~d is wrong, db2 is listed as punishable, and db2~u is duckable: http://testyourmight.com/threads/db2d-frame-data-correction.32859/#post-879156

I'm not saying I'll be able to handle it well because I'm garbage and the online is so-so, but my ability to deal with it or not does not change the fact that it is a subpar mixup compared to her other options. db2~u, however, is her high damage combo ender in situations where you don't want to combo into Bola (basically only when you would kill).

I was lied to! Huh. Well I'll keep spamming it until people learn what's what!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Let's go Funkdoc! Kick his rear end with Batman!

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I was just in a game where I was about to win, the guy had 1% health going into the last hit of Grundy's health chain, so I went "okay, I won" and checked out.

He clashed it. :saddowns:

I still won but it was a very upsetting experience.

Edit: Also, when they said you can clash later hits in Grundy's trait chain, they didn't mean just the first one, that requires the input, which was how I read it. It's every single hit in it. I guess that makes sense because that's how it is for things like Aquaman's trident rush thing.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 25, 2013

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Going through and giving every character a shot for at least two days is a good way for me to see who of the cast I enjoy the most, plus it's always fun to random select and beat some scrub on ranked.
Here's a thing I found

Awesome Andy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 25, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The Injustice Character Auction tournament is currently going on: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

For an example of some of the bids:

Aquaman - $45 to GGA Dizzy, who has a great chance to win now
Batman - $42
Green Arrow - $42 (a dude pushed ChrisG way up but then ChrisG backed out)
Superman - $33 (a steal)
Green Lantern - $18 (a super steal)
The Joker - $38 (hahahahahahaha)

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Character auction tournament going on now! http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

The Joker went for more money than Superman. :psyduck:

Edit: Welp, beaten to it!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What did the rest of the roster go for?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

AndyElusive posted:

What did the rest of the roster go for?

See my post above for some of the totals, not all though.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Black Adam is going to go for a ton if he's one of the last three.

Edit: Welp, so much for that.

Arikado fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 25, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

:psyboom:

Maybe nobody in the house mains Green Lantern. Then again, I guess no ones been doing that great with him on the circuit?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

GGA Dizzy got Aquaman. GGA Jeremiah got Doomsday. loving DJT got Green Lantern for EIGHTEEN DOLLARS. You can also never count out ChrisG, even with Raven.

This is gonna be good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The Injustice Character Auction tournament is currently going on: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

For an example of some of the bids:

Aquaman - $45 to GGA Dizzy, who has a great chance to win now
Batman - $42
Green Arrow - $42 (a dude pushed ChrisG way up but then ChrisG backed out)
Superman - $33 (a steal)
The Joker - $38 (hahahahahahaha)

Ares - $9
Catwoman - $60
Doomsday - $61
Raven - $27
Batgirl - $16
Lobo - $21
Wonder Woman - $20
Flash - $27? high 20s

and a few others I forgot.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 25, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sinestro $40

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I would have jumped all over Flash for that cheap. It was in the low $20s, if I remember correctly.

Wow, one game, single elimination?! I forgot Keits was that brutal.

The Joker just finished Batgirl with a gunshot. :v:

Arikado fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 25, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
No Nightwing? Dammit, people need to respect the upper mid-tier :arghfist::smith:

e: ...why is ChrisG wearing anime goggles?

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 25, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

404GoonNotFound posted:

No Nightwing? Dammit, people need to respect the upper mid-tier :arghfist::smith:

The 16 characters were drawn out of a hat one at a time and then auctioned. Nightwing was among those not picked from the hat.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The 16 characters were drawn out of a hat one at a time

Ah, didn't catch that part. Dammit, now I'm wishing someone drew a Bane.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

$18 Green Lantern is still blowing my mind. He just turned that investment into what, 300-400 bucks?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

DJT with the godlike $18 Green Lantern takes it!

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Arikado posted:

$18 Green Lantern is still blowing my mind. He just turned that investment into what, 300-400 bucks?

Just a giant finger to the $60 Deathstroke and Catwoman.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
UNBOUND YOU SWINE! Get online so I can kill you like the pig you are, with a pig.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Holy Calamity! posted:

UNBOUND YOU SWINE! Get online so I can kill you like the pig you are, with a pig.

WAOH! Fine, I'll be at the Flagpole at 3.

But really, I'll get on.

Edit: Good games man. Sorry if that Bane Charge bullshit made me rage.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 25, 2013

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I did some testing and I'm reasonably certain that this game has 2 pre-jump frames with your character becoming fully airborne on frame 3. I didn't test it with the whole cast, but it held true for the 5-10 characters I did test. If anyone cares to verify my :spergin: auto-fire fairly reliably hits 2-frame links but is unreliable with 1-frame links, so if you set the training dummy to jump you can hit him with normals of the appropriate frame data (I used Green Arrows +6 on hit standing 3 and 8 frame startup standing 1) and roughly half the time the second normal will connect while the dummy is on the ground where the other half he'll be in the air.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unbound posted:

Calamity, you're STILL doing this?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Unbound posted:

WAOH! Fine, I'll be at the Flagpole at 3.

But really, I'll get on.

GGs! Don't be sorry, it's really loving cheesy and you're just out of practice. I was just trying to show you what I was doing to piss off pubbies and I inadvertently annoyed you :ohdear: You better start playing more! You're the only good Ares..

AndyElusive posted:

Calamity, you're STILL doing this?

Only one game!! I love cheese..

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh wow Elseworld's Finest Flash looks so nice, but I only just saw what the requirement for it is.

"Elseworld's Finest: Unlocked by getting 3 stars on all S.T.A.R lab missions" :stonk:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yardbomb posted:

Oh wow Elseworld's Finest Flash looks so nice, but I only just saw what the requirement for it is.

"Elseworld's Finest: Unlocked by getting 3 stars on all S.T.A.R lab missions" :stonk:

Yeah I will probably get the Lex skin for beating all the star lab missions, but gently caress 3 starring everything.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
How do disconnects work? I quit a 1v1 right after accepting the match at character select and I think it counted as a disconnect. The guy just irritated the crap out of me on his mic using "son" and "brah" several times within a few seconds. I really didn't feel like listening to him. I don't want people thinking I'll disconnect in the middle of a match because I'm loosing. If I see someone with (for example) 100 wins/7 losses/50 disconnects I won't bother fighting them even though I loose most of the time anyway.

On a good note though. I'm getting a tiny bit better at Wonder Woman, once in a while I can pull off a 25%-31% combo that I totally was trying to do. Fear me! :black101:

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 25, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

nunsexmonkrock posted:

How do disconnects work? I quit a 1v1 right after accepting the match at character select and I think it counted as a disconnect. The guy just irritated the crap out of me on his mic using "son" and "brah" several times within a few seconds. I really didn't feel like listening to him. I don't want people thinking I'll disconnect in the middle of a match because I'm loosing. If I see someone with (for example) 100 wins/7 losses/50 disconnects I won't bother fighting them even though I loose most of the time anyway.

It probably counted as a disconnect for you. Anytime you leave the game after agreeing to the match in Player or after being paired up for a match in Rank Mode it counts towards your disconnect total.

On the topic of disconnects, even though I haven't personally quit out of any matches since picking up the game at release I've amassed 27 disconnects and I have absolutely no idea how.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

AndyElusive posted:

It probably counted as a disconnect for you. Anytime you leave the game after agreeing to the match in Player or after being paired up for a match in Rank Mode it counts towards your disconnect total.

On the topic of disconnects, even though I haven't personally quit out of any matches since picking up the game at release I've amassed 27 disconnects and I have absolutely no idea how.

Whenever the game drops and it says "No longer available" it counts as a disconnect. I have 16 as well despite my connection always being fine whenever it happens.

Want to play a few games, Andy?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Ack that sucks. Is there a way to quickly mute people in 1v1 on ps3? Most of the time people talking doesn't bother me but once in a while there's that person that is just like nails on a chalkboard.

I know there was a bug that when your opponent disconnected on you it in some way counted against you. Maybe that was it?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I know there was a bug that when your opponent disconnected on you it in some way counted against you. Maybe that was it?

Before the Batgirl patch I think, basically if someone ragequit you both got losses for whatever dumb reason. Doesn't seem to do that anymore though, I've had more people ragequit than I have losses at the moment. :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 25, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

nunsexmonkrock posted:

On a good note though. I'm getting a tiny bit better at Wonder Woman, once in a while I can pull off a 25%-31% combo that I totally was trying to do. Fear me! :black101:

Basically you should stop doing that shite. Quitting in the lobby can have adverse effects for your opponent, such as giving them a loss/dissconnect or breaking their streak bonuses. Stop being a jerk, man!

You can set it so mics don't output in your ps3/xbl menu, if you don't like mics, or plug in a headset and send only mic audio through that. When you hear something you dislike, simply take the headset off.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I broke someone's stream..

http://www.twitch.tv/tefsstream/new

The stream didn't freeze, the actual game was frozen like that. The match is still joinable, it just says in progress forever. I left a bit ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Finally traded my 360 for a PS3 and will be able to get my feet wet with Injustice. I have a lot of catching up to do!

• Locked thread