Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Holy Calamity! posted:

GGs! Don't be sorry, it's really loving cheesy and you're just out of practice. I was just trying to show you what I was doing to piss off pubbies and I inadvertently annoyed you :ohdear: You better start playing more! You're the only good Ares..

Yeah, I'm out of practice for sure. So many dropped combos in so little time. I'll be playing more, but with MK9 coming to PC that back-to-block mechanic is going to become a real hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

TYM has a list of who's qualified in Winners and Losers for Injustice so far: http://testyourmight.com/threads/ufgt9-day-1-recap-update-and-stream-schedule.33115/

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Went on a 16 game streak earlier and topped it off with a king o' the hill win for 2699 x 8 XP. Aww yeah.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
Anyone want to play on Xbox?

I've barely played in the past three weeks and I need someone to kick my rear end.

Edit: Good games, Punkboy.

I think I might like Batgirl a lot even if I can't do anything with her online.

checkstock fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 25, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Hopping on for a bit. GT: strangemobius

I, too, can hardly do poo poo with Batgirl but really like the way she plays.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

checkstock posted:

Anyone want to play on Xbox?

I've barely played in the past three weeks and I need someone to kick my rear end.

Edit: Good games, Punkboy.

I think I might like Batgirl a lot even if I can't do anything with her online.

GGs! Sorry for not putting up much of a fight as Nightwing. Just started to pick up the character.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

Want to play a few games, Andy?

Woops! Crashed out after playing some Bioshock last night. I'll be on later this eve. Also getting a new replacement headset so I don't have to type msgs with my joystick anymore.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Injustice Top 16 was supposed to start 35 minutes ago on the VGBootCamp stream but TTT2 is running predictably long. Here is the Top 16, though: http://testyourmight.com/threads/ufgt9-day-1-recap-update-and-stream-schedule-updated-with-igau-top-16.33115/

Edit: TTT2 just finished, Injustice Top 16 -> Top 8 is up next, here's a multitwitch link because I'm watching Marvel, too: http://multitwitch.tv/leveluplive/vgbootcamp

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 26, 2013

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Apparently Tom Brady has already been knocked out so should be interesting to see who takes this one.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

PantsBandit posted:

Apparently Tom Brady has already been knocked out so should be interesting to see who takes this one.

Yep, you can see the entire Top 16 in that link I posted. Also, 6 members of GGA in Top 16, good work Galloping Ghost Arcade guys.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Deathstroke's J3 is so good.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
That patch really gave Sinestro way more viability. He's much scarier with his trait up consistently.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Sick Ares play @ http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

I've ran into one other good Ares online ever and they destroyed me.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 26, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Alucard with the sick Ares vs Doomsday matchup knowledge.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

UFGT9 Top 8:

Winners Bracket:
GGA Slips (Deathstroke)
WoundCowboy (Sinestro)
AGE ChrisG (Green Arrow)
TS Arturo "Sabin" Sanchez (Green Lantern)

Losers Bracket:
RDK Godspeed (Black Adam)
GGA Dizzy (Aquaman)
Forever King (Batman / Black Adam)
CoRN AlucarD (Ares)

DEATH OF SUPERMAN????

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

UFGT9 Top 8:

Winners Bracket:
GGA Slips (Deathstroke)
WoundCowboy (Sinestro)
AGE ChrisG (Green Arrow)
TS Arturo "Sabin" Sanchez (Green Lantern)

Losers Bracket:
RDK Godspeed (Black Adam)
GGA Dizzy (Aquaman)
Forever King (Batman / Black Adam)
CoRN AlucarD (Ares)

DEATH OF SUPERMAN????

Game's too new to tell. poo poo is going to change for the next few months. Honestly, that's my favorite part of fighting games. Like when Iceman was top tier in MVC2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Liar Lyre posted:

Game's too new to tell. poo poo is going to change for the next few months. Honestly, that's my favorite part of fighting games. Like when Iceman was top tier in MVC2.

But what about the guys who declared what the new tier list was within minutes of the latest balance patch? Are you suggesting their analysis is flawed somehow? :shepface:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yeah, I know, I was just being goofy. This game will be extra volatile because along with the natural evolution and discovery of new tactics there's also NRS swishing the beaker around and changing the game literally.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
XBL Goonroom up

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Holy Calamity! posted:

XBL Goonroom up

Headed in!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
SN64 and I continue to rumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGPLXxmKsI

:negative:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I'm starting to feel like this game has the ST problem where most of the top tier are just really boring. GL and to some extent Batman are the only top characters I don't feel that way about. Superman, Black Adam and Aquaman are snoresville.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
The more I play Batgirl the she's starting to remind me of Quan Chi from MK9. Instead of damaging combos it seems much more effective just to end everything in bolas, then walkup 111 into 50/50 reset. Even if the opponent guesses right she can't really be punished, then you can just try to get them back into the guessing game.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
XBL Goonroom KOTH is still going strong, SuddenBlackout is hot off the tourney scene with some slick moves..!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f66_R5KTRRM

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I feel like I just watched Django: Gods Among Us.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
So someone from my scene found something that might be new tech tonight.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/new-tech-works-for-everyone-in-the-game.33164/

That post is horrible to read and he put it in the Grundy forum for some reason so I guess I can explain it in actual English.

If you get a knockdown and then go for a meaty normal, if your opponent does an invincible wakeup move, you can cancel your whiffed normal into a special move or super or whatever.

This might be a big deal? I don't know.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
If they just wake up blocking you're going to whiff a special move and get punished, correct? Unless it's a safe special, obviously.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Leveluplive is on with... something, right now. Injustice Top 8 is supposed to start in about 15 minutes. MultiTwitch link again because I'll probably have both on: http://multitwitch.tv/leveluplive/vgbootcamp

Edit: ChrisG didn't check in in time and was going to be DQed from his Winner's Bracket match against Arturo, but the rest of the Top 8 said gently caress that and let him in (since he was there just after the check-in time).

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 26, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Holy Calamity! posted:

Sick Ares play @ http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

I've ran into one other good Ares online ever and they destroyed me.

I always miss the good Ares on streams...

If any of the xbox goons wanna fight, I'll be ready to lose later in the evening.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

ChrisG wins UFGT9 with Green Arrow.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I'll be on later to play some goon games, like nine hours or so.
I hope we get a kingdom come skin pack, there's concept art in game for what I guess is earth-2 supes at least.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

ChrisG wins UFGT9 with Green Arrow.

Is this even real life? Green Arrow?!

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gannyGrabber posted:

Is this even real life? Green Arrow?!

Green Arrow isn't bad at all.

ChrisG is also very, very good at fighting games. Was he playing GA through the whole tourney or did he switch between characters like he did at the last one?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Awesome Andy posted:

I hope we get a kingdom come skin pack, there's concept art in game for what I guess is earth-2 supes at least.

Kingdom Come skin pack you say? Will anatomically correct SHAZAM be included? :v:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Green Arrow isn't bad at all.

ChrisG is also very, very good at fighting games. Was he playing GA through the whole tourney or did he switch between characters like he did at the last one?

I think he broke out a pocket Raven in one match but otherwise it was all Green Arrow.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

WarEternal posted:

If they just wake up blocking you're going to whiff a special move and get punished, correct? Unless it's a safe special, obviously.

Yeah, it's not something you'll be able to use all the time every time, but it is potentially something else you'll have to worry about on wakeup. It means that seeing your opponent hitting a button and immediately going into an invincible special might not always be the best idea and everything else that comes with that. I imagine it's a lot better for some characters than others. Really, you're not even whiffing the normal, it's just hitting during the invincibility frames, which the game is treating as still hitting even though it doesn't do anything.

I guess this was also in MK9 and NRS is really good at making fighting games.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And the moral is, don't put your third most popular game on at 9AM.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

404GoonNotFound posted:

And the moral is, don't put your third most popular game on at 9AM.

What's the lesson here exactly?

EDIT:

Does anybody want to rumble on PSN?

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

JackDarko posted:

What's the lesson here exactly?

EDIT:

Does anybody want to rumble on PSN?

Hit me up if you're still around, I'm Gasti24.

• Locked thread