Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trigona
Nov 15, 2008
heya guys, in as Buyherpearls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

BiggerThanPete posted:

This must be the same rotation Tonydanza is using...

:smuggo: My dps is so good, guys :smuggo:

*dies every single pull*

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
I think Tony's rotation is just auto-attack>>die. It is the mystery of the Ironfoe.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
You guys beat MC yet?

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

You guys beat MC yet?

Yes. We downed Rag a few times. Tonydanza has a sulfuron hammer.

vv Also cleared. Is there a point you're trying to get at or something?

rawr im a tree fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 26, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Oh wait, I meant the new one. BWL.

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Really enjoy the server. Just wish I wasn't so slow at leveling. I did ok at first, but got burned out once I hit the mid 30's.
I keep falling for the "there has to be someplace better!" thing, and spend more time flying from zone to zone then I do actually leveling/grinding :(

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

use the vanilla leveling thing. DO instances and the associated quests. I'm about to hit 30 and I never had to spend much time grinding. I just kill poo poo on the way to turn in quests.

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

if i wanted to multibox level some hunters, is there an obviously OP choice for my first pet? Or later on down the road is there an OP pet for PVE?

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Wolves are usually favored since on fights where they can't attack the boss you can still use the howl to buff your group. It's an incredibly minor amount of damage but it's more than 0.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Why would you level multiple hunters if you can't use them in PVP?

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Gils posted:

Wolves are usually favored since on fights where they can't attack the boss you can still use the howl to buff your group. It's an incredibly minor amount of damage but it's more than 0.

Eh. It gives ~20dps if you're in a melee group (which you should be because of trueshot). ~25 if your pet can attack the boss. That's relatively significant.

For leveling no pet has a super big advantage over another, but anything that can learn dash/swoop.c

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I wish the vanilla version of http://www.wow-petopia.com/ was still available.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Bears are pretty good at tanking. Big bonus to health. Spiders are cool as hell but nobody uses them because the bonus to attack is slightly less than cats and MIN/MAX SI IMPRTENT. I use a spider and a bear.

e: also nice about bears for leveling: they can eat literally any food in the game, so you can just shovel vendor trash food off of mobs and down their hatch and they're happy as can be. Helps keep clutter down in your bags. Spiders on the other hand are meat only, no fish, which can be a pain at times.

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 28, 2013

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

I wish the vanilla version of http://www.wow-petopia.com/ was still available.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070408025818/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/html/articles/resources_main.shtml

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

:dance:

mewse
May 2, 2006

That page finally explains how a pet has to be using a skill for my hunter to use it. I was having trouble learning Cower the other day and I had to give up.

Is cower a skill I can sit around spamming without being in combat, in order to learn?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/47115-warzone-ii-hillsbrad-postponed-due-to-bwl-release/

Something to keep an eye out for, whether it's to join in as a guild and ruin Hordies or just to know when to avoid Hillsbrad. Date is TBA, they had to push it back because of the BWL release.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

armoredgorilla posted:

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/47115-warzone-ii-hillsbrad-postponed-due-to-bwl-release/

Something to keep an eye out for, whether it's to join in as a guild and ruin Hordies or just to know when to avoid Hillsbrad. Date is TBA, they had to push it back because of the BWL release.

I like the concept, but my very first thought is the DK situation. Do participants simply avoid being in raid groups for these battles?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Isn't ED a PVE server? Do they just switch PVP on zone-wide for the duration of those events?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Zephro posted:

Isn't ED a PVE server?

Nope

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Oh, doh, sorry.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
PvE servers are not worth anyones time.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

That's a funny way to spell PvP.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Getting ganked five times running from Duskwood to Booty Bay can change your opinion pretty quick.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Manslaughter posted:

Getting ganked five times running from Duskwood to Booty Bay can change your opinion pretty quick.

Your fault for not swimming from Westfall.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
I (T/Xoober) won't be at the raid tonight. I have too much going on with moving / other stuff. Sorry :(.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

In as Bauxite, gnome warrior, because there's no way in hell I'm leveling a priest through vanilla content again.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Bauxite posted:

In as Bauxite, gnome warrior, because there's no way in hell I'm leveling a priest through vanilla content again.

I think a lot of us harbor these resentful memories. I, for one, will put my dick in a pencil sharpener before I level a vanilla paladin again. I know 1.12 is after it was rendered a (mostly) playable class, but still.

tuscany
Apr 13, 2007

alright I was Acidflash on Rebirth Horde. If anyone remembers me give me and is playing on Emerald Dream give me a shout out. I will be making my character tomorrow.

So-so Miscreant
Aug 15, 2006

This place is too stinky even for me...
In as Zanzoblah, a bad prot pally.

Punkzilla
Apr 2, 2007

^_^ Fuck You
I'm in as Kekeo, a female human Warlock.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

ShockDawg 2L posted:

if i wanted to multibox level some hunters, is there an obviously OP choice for my first pet? Or later on down the road is there an OP pet for PVE?

If you want to min/max out another 0.00001 dps then the wolf from lbrs is the way to go. Otherwise just use any random cat you find to level up and when you hit 37 go get Broken Tooth in the Badlands. He's 1.0 speed so he does good dps for pve and messes with casters in pvp. He's really the only pet you'll ever need. You might grab a 2nd pet that has some high FR and bump up his FR some more just to have an FR pet, but even then...meh. Cats are easily the best leveling pets as they tank and dps good. Bears might tank 10% better, but they dps 30% worse. Raptors dps a bit better than cats but tank really badly. I know it would be cooler if pets were more of a thing, but they aren't.

Not sure if you can tame him solo at 37.

BiggerThanPete fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 30, 2013

Meveeh
Dec 22, 2008

Bauxite posted:

I'm leveling a priest because there's no way in hell I'm leveling a warrior through vanilla content again.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
I'm downloading now. Planning on doing a dwarf priest because everyone loves fear ward.

I did some slight browsing on the guild website but I can't find anything about weekly raid times. I know I'm probably a month off of getting into anything regardless, but I figured I'd find out when raids typically are and hope that they line up with my available times.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

FraudulentEconomics posted:

I'm downloading now. Planning on doing a dwarf priest because everyone loves fear ward.

I did some slight browsing on the guild website but I can't find anything about weekly raid times. I know I'm probably a month off of getting into anything regardless, but I figured I'd find out when raids typically are and hope that they line up with my available times.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

From what I have heard and been apart of they are Wed nights at 8 pm EST. It looks like the saturday day turnouts aren't so good as of late

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

SAMB0 posted:

From what I have heard and been apart of they are Wed nights at 8 pm EST. It looks like the saturday day turnouts aren't so good as of late

Saturday turnout was non-existant.

Wednesday isn't doing any better.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
We have a co-raid going on Wednesday nights. Yesterday we had ~23 people show up from our guild, and 7 from the other guild. A few more trickled in later. We were still able to down Gehennas and Geddon with only 30-33. So I think it went rather well. Just need more people to log in and we'll be set. Some big changes are probably happening in the near future, we just need some leadership positions squared away and I'll give you the full rundown.

Zach the Drifter
Jul 16, 2006
Trying to get into this, but I'm making some mistake I can't figure out. I can log in but I do not see the emerald dream servers option in the server list. I do see Warsong 1.12.1 Highrate and Al'Akir 1.12.1 instant 60. I did set my realmlist and I did follow these (https://www.emeralddream.com/guide/windows) instructions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.emeralddream.com/guide

Big green patch button, click it.

If you've done that already: 99% chance you tried this already but have you exited WoW and restarted it? I had a friend who was stupid enough to not try this...

• Locked thread