Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Raiden is not most people though. He's the rain transformed. As the one controlling him, you should think like the rain transformed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You just have to run around chopping the arms off everyone with a bazooka. Then you go back to fighting whoever it was before you got interrupted.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

WaltherFeng posted:

They are not. You can also parry rockets mounted on UGs such as Gekkos. If anything, RPGs carried by cyborgs are an exception, since they can't be parried.

As silly as it is, you can also parry bullets.
Doing so is the easiest way of getting a no damage clear on Revengeance on one of the DLC chapters.

EDDryden
Jan 31, 2013

Lisandra_brave posted:

As silly as it is, you can also parry bullets.
Doing so is the easiest way of getting a no damage clear on Revengeance on one of the DLC chapters.

Parrying bullets is also a totally valid way of landing ripostes on enemies that dodge/deflect them otherwise, like Gekkos :v:

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I haven't checked yet because I never really use my 360 anymore, but apparently the pre-order costumes just went up for sale on Xbox Live.

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

That new avatar is something special, Chip.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I have no idea who bought that but thank you, I guess.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
... is that a corset?

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
Man I'm horrible with parrying in this game, I was bad with it when I first got it when it came out and only marginally better now. I'm fine with the grunts and elite grunts but the later enemies I have no idea. I'm just waiting for Chip to get further into the game to see what I'm doing wrong right now.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That's... certainly a new avatar :magical:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Um.

Can we get shouty "ONWARD" guy back? It feels weird reading Chipposts without him.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I for one support the new avatar direction.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I almost think it should have been Raiden's butt in honor of our protagonist's shapely rear end.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
They don't call him Naked Snake for nothing! :v: (Seriously, though, Big Boss looks less naked in his Speedo)

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

Um clearly that's Solid Snake from Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Ekkusu and furthermore
:goonsay:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Well, that certainly is an avatar. :stare:

At least you have one related to your favorite games? :shobon:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I look forward to the next two days of jokes created by that avatar.

Stumbling Block posted:

I'm fine with the grunts and elite grunts but the later enemies I have no idea.

Parries are really really easy to do because even if you have no idea you can just press towards them and light attack in reaction to everything. Counter parries are the real bitch and I can't reliably do them on anything besides bosses and other big things where they're (usually) useless. It's still enough to get me through Very Hard so far with mostly A and a few S ranks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone change Chip's avatar back to the screaming dude from that one music video, please. The new one is pretty bad.

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight

EDDryden posted:

Parrying bullets is also a totally valid way of landing ripostes on enemies that dodge/deflect them otherwise, like Gekkos :v:

I started the game on Revengeance mode and accidentally counter parried a bullet at the beginning of Ray's second stage, which did so much damage it immediately triggered the end of the battle. It took me a moment to understand why Boris was telling me to finish it off because only like 15 seconds had passed...what I'm trying to say is parrying bullets is useful. Also this game is fantastic and really good at making you feel like a badass.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Someone change Chip's avatar back to the screaming dude from that one music video, please. The new one is pretty bad.

I disagree.

QuetzaDrake
Sep 11, 2011

So lonely.
Well, uh, I'm glad I got to share in this special moment of avatar history, I guess.

So I went through some of the Peace Walker LP videos again for background noise and it's kind of funny how stark a difference this and that LP are in feel. Peace Walker was ridiculous but it was way more laid back in comparison. It's interesting to go from a silliness that eases you into a chair and paces itself in its presentation to a silliness that just grabs you and never stops shaking and screaming within technically the same universe.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Keep that av forever.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
The new av has class. It's on a whole 'nother level.

johnboy3434
Mar 27, 2010
I'll nth the request that cavalry guy be brought back.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'll accept the new av, because it is pretty striking, but I'll miss the cavalry guy. Mostly because it was there for so long that's just how I picture Chip, and now I'll be disappointed if he doesn't look like that.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I vote we continue the debate of Snake's Balls av v Man With Hat av for two more pages.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

ThatPazuzu posted:

I vote we continue the debate of Snake's Balls av v Man With Hat av for two more pages.

As long as we agree that the new one is fantastic.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
How about a new av that somehow merges the two?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Discendo Vox posted:

How about a new av that somehow merges the two?

Let's photoshop Snake's Balls onto WWII German Military Equipment.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Chip Cheezum posted:

Not going to get used to a new custom title after you had the old one for so long.

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?
Time to host an auction for charity, donate for your avatar of choice. We'll raise thousands.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Here's what I think of your new av, chip:

Nah, it's pretty great.

niceguy64
Oct 4, 2012

I hate being wrong,
but I love it when
I'm set straight.

QuetzaDrake posted:

Well, uh, I'm glad I got to share in this special moment of avatar history, I guess.

So I went through some of the Peace Walker LP videos again for background noise and it's kind of funny how stark a difference this and that LP are in feel. Peace Walker was ridiculous but it was way more laid back in comparison. It's interesting to go from a silliness that eases you into a chair and paces itself in its presentation to a silliness that just grabs you and never stops shaking and screaming within technically the same universe.

Personally I appreciate Revengeance's more in your face style. I feel like if an underage anime girl in a bikini would appear (personally I haven't seen any on my play through, but I wasn't looking for any) in this game I would have accepted it more readily, because it just straight up tells you everything is crazy, hell it's called "Revengeance". While on the other hand I felt kind of betrayed by peace walker, it felt like the developers snuck (unintentional pun) in a bunch of weird poo poo after the third act, especially after starting with a more serious tone in at least the first hand full of missions.

niceguy64 fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 30, 2013

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Considering Chips new avatar, this is now his jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Chip Cheezum posted:

I recognize the thumbnail from when I passed by /r/games yesterday. So, you've got a redditor fan I suppose.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

NeilPerry posted:

I recognize the thumbnail from when I passed by /r/games yesterday. So, you've got a redditor fan I suppose.

Nope.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOmFSflNiQU

Posted because Chip and Ironicus introduced me to Thermae Romae in the anime theater feature last year (it is the best show). I had no idea that there's a live action movie of it out there. I have to track that down.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

Patter Song posted:

Posted because Chip and Ironicus introduced me to Thermae Romae in the anime theater feature last year (it is the best show). I had no idea that there's a live action movie of it out there. I have to track that down.

The gently caress did I just watch.

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?

Patter Song posted:

The manga is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Patter Song posted:

Excuse me, to stay true the the source material the film should be shot at 1 frame per 10 seconds.

• Locked thread