Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Jmcrofts posted:

Not really. I think Jill would fit the bill better.

Good call. Definitely fits the word better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think the reveal mentioned in the leak was actually supposed to take place yesterday, which it clearly did not. I still think the last two characters for the first season pass are the ones in the rumor, though.

It looks like Boon is dropping hints of a new trailer "soon". So hey, could get something today

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Liar Lyre posted:

It looks like Boon is dropping hints of a new trailer "soon". So hey, could get something today

Looks like Monday: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/339847829730230272

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

If it has to be Zod and Scorpion here's to hoping they show Zod first. I'm really interested to see what his character design is going to be.

Considering that there are two characters in this game that remind me of Zod; Black Adam and Regime Superman. I mean that Personality wise, not appearance.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Is "Block spamming" considered a thing? Someone seems to be mad at me for blocking.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Is "Block spamming" considered a thing? Someone seems to be mad at me for blocking.

I think unless you just stand motionless, they will say you cheated.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Na, it was a Green Lantern doing his low into overhead move a lot. So I kept blocking low then high and then beating him up.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

nunsexmonkrock posted:

:laffo: no, the DC license attracted a lot of casuals who've never played fighting games before who get upset whenever anything seemingly easy beats them. They don't realize that it's only because they're so awful that 'easy' things such as projectile spam or, you know, holding back, keep punishing their flailing around.

I love blocking and hopping around and trying to beat people like that solely with grabs, it's great fun.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Na, it was a Green Lantern doing his low into overhead move a lot. So I kept blocking low then high and then beating him up.

No, that's called punishing and is an extremely important thing to do. The guy was mad because he was losing in a videogame using a tactic that probably mauls most people he plays against, but when it doesn't work he has no idea what to do and just starts frothing at the mouth.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'm pretty casual and don't do fighting games much. I just bought the game for Wonder Woman. So I'm not that good but I don't get why people get upset over it. It just boggles my mind.

I think I'm getting a little better every day with her though. And yes grabs get me all the time! But they tend to also get my opponents so it works out.

sentrygun posted:

No, that's called punishing and is an extremely important thing to do. The guy was mad because he was losing in a videogame using a tactic that probably mauls most people he plays against, but when it doesn't work he has no idea what to do and just starts frothing at the mouth.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong that's considered bad showmanship in a fighting game.

Thanks!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Okay. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong that's considered bad showmanship in a fighting game.

As I understand, there's no such thing short of holding a gun to your opponent's head.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Block spammers are ruining this game!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Lurdiak posted:

As I understand, there's no such thing short of holding a gun to your opponent's head.

Or using blatant glitches and exploits, to an extent. I mean some glitches became standard things, like combos, but it isn't that common now.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
It will be Zod, to tie in with the movie you see :v:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

SFIV has the most vile online hate mail I've ever experienced. I don't think it's the DC "casuals" who are to blame.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

It's a competitive game so if you can do something to win, you should do it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The APP updated with Lobo and Red Son characters. It's also dropping hints about more Red Son costumes coming soon.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Block spammers hate throw spammers so much, you guys.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Liar Lyre posted:

The APP updated with Lobo and Red Son characters. It's also dropping hints about more Red Son costumes coming soon.

Green Lantern, Batman, Bizzaro, let's go :pray:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Someone else please pick up Nightwing and talk to me, I need to ask questions!

Here's a Nightwing vs Catwoman video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WqrNUQGmA

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I don't even remember who I played as before Batgirl. But I do know that I'm never going back. I went a few rounds with a guy online and had him picking Green Arrow and spamming arrows at me by like the fourth round.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Blocking isn't bad showmanship. More like basic competence. Feel free to join goon rooms when you want a break from the rabble.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AndyElusive posted:

Block spammers hate throw spammers so much, you guys.

Throw spammers hate zoners. Aka projectile spammers to some.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
These loving win spammers keep joining my games and winning, how do I beat them

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Aris wins WNF with Deathstroke again.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

AnonSpore posted:

These loving win spammers keep joining my games and winning, how do I beat them

I've had the same problem, only in ranked matches though. At first I thought lose spamming would bore them out, but the harder I lose, the more fun they have. It's really frustrating.

Liar Lyre posted:

There goes my dreams of Magnum P.I. Solomon Grundy...

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Aris wins WNF with Deathstroke again.

Looks like the nerfs weren't enough, ARE YOU WATCHING NRS????

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So as Sinestro, what moves should I be using to get people off me? I often use d2 but that can get me into trouble if I use it all the time. df3 is fine, but it comes out too slow and as I see it it's better to use after d2 to throw the enemy away.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
B3 with meter to armor it is clutch, will let you follow up with a good combo for easy 30 percent as well.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

JackDarko posted:

SFIV has the most vile online hate mail I've ever experienced. I don't think it's the DC "casuals" who are to blame.

This for sure, I would play Cody and Akuma, and especially with Akuma online, people were super vulnerable to his ultra/super for some weird reason and I'd get "hacker" and other really mea

Also.
Went to go check out Black Adam's BnB combos.. and they seem absolutely absurd.. are there any smaller combos I can learn to work towards these long strings they're posting? I was proud of myself enough I got most of Aquaman's down so far (though using them online is a different story)

Nique
May 18, 2006

Not sure how small you're looking for but you can do 112 xx db1 dash b23 up1+3

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I'm just starting to look at Black Adam stuff, and I found this pastebin from a youtube video:
http://pastebin.com/e2xMqCBq

I think a good thing to practice at first is the b23, up 1+3 combo (the one that ends with Black Adam throwing the opponent up, then back down and stomping on them), since it's used in a fair amount of his stuff. It's also one of the combos listed in the Move List in game. In the pastebin, it's written as 4M,H,8,8L+H because that text file uses the number pad notation for the stick positions.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Nahxela posted:

I'm just starting to look at Black Adam stuff, and I found this pastebin from a youtube video:
http://pastebin.com/e2xMqCBq

I think a good thing to practice at first is the b23, up 1+3 combo (the one that ends with Black Adam throwing the opponent up, then back down and stomping on them), since it's used in a fair amount of his stuff. It's also one of the combos listed in the Move List in game. In the pastebin, it's written as 4M,H,8,8L+H because that text file uses the number pad notation for the stick positions.

Guilty Gear notation! What a bunch of :rant:

I kid, I kid. That pastebin is solid, thanks for posting it.

Much of the more damaging Adam stuff I've seen people doing comes from hitting 112 and continuing their combos after letting the opponent fall out of the juggle from B2,3, but the timing is annoyingly strict.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 30, 2013

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I've still been trying to get used to the engine in the few days I've been playing (it's quite stiff). In my dabbling it seems that Raven is rife with untapped potential. Is there any reason why she 's gone largely unnoticed?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostpilot posted:

I've still been trying to get used to the engine in the few days I've been playing (it's quite stiff). In my dabbling it seems that Raven is rife with untapped potential. Is there any reason why she 's gone largely unnoticed?

Mostly because she's not top tier/top 10. She's a good character but you have to work a little harder with her to get wins than, say, Superman or Green Lantern.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jmcrofts posted:

She's a good character but you have to work a little harder with her to get wins.

That or you just spam that fullscreen grab against pubbies. :v:

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Jmcrofts posted:

Looks like the nerfs weren't enough, ARE YOU WATCHING NRS????

NeRfS

How gross do you think the Power Girl in this game will look

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Raven suffers from a lack of mixup (the only overhead she gets a combo off of is the highly telegraphed f3 and her b1 low starter has stubby range) and her zoning not being all that scary if the opponent has anything resembling a decent life lead. If she has to start taking the risks in the match, her game falls apart fast.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Powergirl will look fine? The only character with NRS face is Raven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

strangemusic posted:

Guilty Gear notation! What a bunch of :rant:

I kid, I kid. That pastebin is solid, thanks for posting it.

Much of the more damaging Adam stuff I've seen people doing comes from hitting 112 and continuing their combos after letting the opponent fall out of the juggle from B2,3, but the timing is annoyingly strict.
Yeah, I've seen a lot of the 112 continuation instead of the up1+3, but I'm super bad at landing the 112, so I just end it with the stomp :v:

• Locked thread