Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

Skyscraper posted:

Do the prizes only go to the new account, or can I send them to my current account?

They only go to the new account, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
Are those gamecoach guns permanent or just trial weapons? If they are perm I might roll a new account to mess with them, since I took a long break from the game and I'm only rank 12 anyways.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Yep, all the stuff in the pack is permanent.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Specto posted:

Look at the top of the scoreboard: 6-5 usually doesn't happen on S&D. Also, the attacking team in the second half spawned twice near the bombsites.

:confused: That's like every other S&D game I play. It figures that the worst gametype would drag on the most.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Kraven Moorhed posted:

:confused: That's like every other S&D game I play. It figures that the worst gametype would drag on the most.

S&D is literally the worst game mode and needs to go away.

On the other hand, I found out that the BFSMG is the best gun in the entire game.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Elliotw2 posted:

S&D is literally the worst game mode and needs to go away.
S&D is awesome, my only complaint is that it could do with shorter dead times between rounds. Also the revival injector breaks it wide open, the time limit is much too generous especially on smaller maps. Other than that though I love the mode.

Anyway, technical issues - I haven't been able to play since Tuesday's maintenance. The game freezes for several seconds at the login screen, then permanently freezes when I click 'Play Game' and it tries to load the server list; this happens on both US and EU servers. Rebooted, even wiped / reinstalled the game to no avail.

Is anyone else in the same boat? There's a PUG tournament on Saturday I'd actually like to play :ohdear:

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Kraven Moorhed posted:

the team score. S&D consists of 10 rounds. 6+5 doesn't equal 10

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
Tried to create an account for that Gamecoach thing, it let me create the account but didn't give me any code for the free stuff, nor did I get an email about it. So I dunno, maybe it is EU only.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Honey Badger posted:

Tried to create an account for that Gamecoach thing, it let me create the account but didn't give me any code for the free stuff, nor did I get an email about it. So I dunno, maybe it is EU only.

Try signing up through an EU proxy, such as this one.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

Edit:

What are the pros and cons of a "tank" build vs a really fast one? It seems like almost everyone runs fast builds, and I don't see too many beefy ones.

Also, trying to decide between the Leatherneck and the Frontier Jurisdiction barrel. Can anyone weigh in on these two? The added range and lower damage penalty on the Leatherneck seem really nice, but I'm not sure if it's worth a run speed hit (unless I do end up making a tank build I guess) and the better hip-firing on the frontier is pretty nice looking too.

Honey Badger fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 31, 2013

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Honey Badger posted:

Edit:

What are the pros and cons of a "tank" build vs a really fast one? It seems like almost everyone runs fast builds, and I don't see too many beefy ones.

I just swapped over from a 152 hp superfast build to a 250 hp supertank build. Now the terror of going slower is over and I'm getting used to it, I've started having fair success with it.

Generally speaking, it's less useful on TDM. My experience is that I get far fewer total kills, though a consistently better K:D ratio. Tomahawks are actually deadly unless (Hi EnemyNation) they throw them into my meaty body and presume I'm dead without detonating it; with the fast build the tomahawks did not kill me all that often because of their relatively small blast radius out of which I could generally sprint in time.

A fatty fat fat isn't going to cap that many flags and he isn't going to attack that many points, but he's baller at holding a point/corridor down by himself. He will win sniping duels unless you're against someone who can guarantee a headshot every time; with my fast build a BAR would one-shot me anywhere, but with the bigger build I can take a body shot and guarantee a lineup for a good return shot. As a disclaimer, never presume that the guy you're shooting at is going to miss, because that's just a poor habit in general.

Really, though, the big advantage of the heavy build is that I don't feel particularly hampered by using heavier parts. I move slow as sin already; not that much of a loss to just be at minimum speed to get loads of extra damage AND good spread/recoil on my weapons at the same time. Feels mighty satisfying to funnel people into a corridor with a shield and get an over-kill with an LMG just holding down M1.

At the end of the day I probably prefer the fast build, but that's because I more enjoy the playstyle where picking fights means I go to them when they don't expect it, rather than making them come to me. Also OffShore is plain torturous with a slow build. Egh.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
So we played some Brazilians today...

:dukedog:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Well, tonight was an LMG-R night.

For the record, putting the extended mag on the LMG-R makes it infinitely better.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
For some reason there are Brazilians everywhere tonight.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Also anyone who hasn't picked up the orange tiger camo yet, It's on sale now. :getin:

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

SwitchbladeKult posted:

So we played some Brazilians today...

They must have been pretty tired of the airplane taunt by the end of the night. :smug:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Maddot_66 posted:

They must have been pretty tired of the airplane taunt by the end of the night. :smug:

You can get tired of Airplane?

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

Are people still running max damage BARs with incendiary ammo to just bodyshot people and then duck behind cover while they burn to death, or did that finally get nerfed?

EnemyNation
Aug 30, 2003

A while ago SwitchbladeKult asked me to post my pictures of back when there was still an easy way to get outside the map in vortex. I eventually made my way up to where the rocket fueling arm is.

More pictures of bugs:

Honey Badger posted:

Are people still running max damage BARs with incendiary ammo to just bodyshot people and then duck behind cover while they burn to death, or did that finally get nerfed?

They made the BAR become wildly inaccurate the closer you get it to 200 damage. You need to stay at 180 damage or lower to maintain a 0.00 degree aim down sight spread. So while you sill can run one, but good luck hitting anything with it beyond assault rifle ranges.

CapitanGarlic posted:

I just swapped over from a 152 hp superfast build to a 250 hp supertank build. Now the terror of going slower is over and I'm getting used to it, I've started having fair success with it.

Generally speaking, it's less useful on TDM. My experience is that I get far fewer total kills, though a consistently better K:D ratio. Tomahawks are actually deadly unless (Hi EnemyNation) they throw them into my meaty body and presume I'm dead without detonating it; with the fast build the tomahawks did not kill me all that often because of their relatively small blast radius out of which I could generally sprint in time.

Man that was surprising. Pretty funny watching you run around in dead cam with a glowing tomahawk sticking out of your shoulder.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Honey Badger posted:

They nerfed it by making you choose between rate of fire, accuracy, and damage. You can pick two. If you are going to body shot people, however, just get an AMR and harvest the flood of pubby tears.

Edit: Wow. They changed it again. See EnemyNation's post.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 1, 2013

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I just got the cloak. I might start carting around my AK with my go faster build for better effectiveness at ranged flanking.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

Another dumb question: What is my fastest bet for accruing GP? Should I be doing Onslaught? Just playing quick join matches as much as I can stomach?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Also anyone who hasn't picked up the orange tiger camo yet, It's on sale now. :getin:
I thought that was a bonus for buying the hoodie awhile back, did they intentionally put it up in the store? :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Artificer posted:

I just got the cloak. I might start carting around my AK with my go faster build for better effectiveness at ranged flanking.

This works quite well.

Honey Badger posted:

Another dumb question: What is my fastest bet for accruing GP? Should I be doing Onslaught? Just playing quick join matches as much as I can stomach?

Onslaught is good, as is joining quick matches. Doing the Behind Enemy Lines, I Would Run, and the Winner! missions are also decent sources for GP.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Does anyone have an extra Burstfire SMG hanging around? It would be greatly appreciated if you could spare one, because I know you goons love your airplane taunt. Name's Maeski in game.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

Mae posted:

Does anyone have an extra Burstfire SMG hanging around? It would be greatly appreciated if you could spare one, because I know you goons love your airplane taunt. Name's Maeski in game.

As a matter of fact, I do. I already have the airplane taunt however. If you have any other taunts, cool things, or just a fair chunk of gp I'll trade with you.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I sadly do not have a spare BFSMG, but I do have two spare TacSMG's free to a good home.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

I sadly do not have a spare BFSMG, but I do have two spare TacSMG's free to a good home.

I'd take one if they are still up for grabs, never had a chance to use one before the weekly freebie and it's a lot of fun. IGN is Nostromos.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I can give you any number of 30 day taunts: roar digital, t-bag, crane. I don't have any other permanent ones but I'll toss a couple of those your way if you want!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Honey Badger posted:

Missions, missions, missions. Onslaught is nice, but unless you have a strong team to reliably beat Hard/Hardcore it pales in comparison to just doing the 3 flag captures = 500GP mission as often as you can (it resets every 3 hours). If you can hit 10 wins in 24 hours, that's another 1000GP right there. Plus of course the 2000GP/week for running around that completes pretty much automatically.

It's worth it to do the ones that give you mission chance packs, too, because asides from the very low chance of a permanent receiver or loadout slot, they give you a steady supply of 1-week backpack and depot items. But don't go out of your way to do them, e.g. if I happen to have a minigun I do the 80 crouches mission because it takes maybe 15 seconds, but I don't bother with the 200 grenade jumps anymore because it's way too boring. Most of them though are about kills/assists/headshots so they're pretty automatic.

...and I still can't see the server list. I worked around it by joining a friend's match in progress, but as soon as it was over I got a nice crash to desktop. Ugh.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

Missions, missions, missions. Onslaught is nice, but unless you have a strong team to reliably beat Hard/Hardcore it pales in comparison to just doing the 3 flag captures = 500GP mission as often as you can (it resets every 3 hours). If you can hit 10 wins in 24 hours, that's another 1000GP right there. Plus of course the 2000GP/week for running around that completes pretty much automatically.

It's worth it to do the ones that give you mission chance packs, too, because asides from the very low chance of a permanent receiver or loadout slot, they give you a steady supply of 1-week backpack and depot items. But don't go out of your way to do them, e.g. if I happen to have a minigun I do the 80 crouches mission because it takes maybe 15 seconds, but I don't bother with the 200 grenade jumps anymore because it's way too boring. Most of them though are about kills/assists/headshots so they're pretty automatic.

The chance packs are great because they like to drop boosts, stuff you may want to use anyway, and GP tokens. Sure, you'll sometimes get something poo poo like a Machine Pistol for a day or a bad taunt, but I tend to get ok receivers for 1-7 days. GP's really not anything to worry about, since once you get into the swing of things you can make 1000gp or so in just an hour or two of play.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
News from Zombie, a brand new mode coming out this week. Here's a preview:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The gently caress? That's....that's not an actual taunt, is it?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

News from Zombie, a brand new mode coming out this week. Here's a preview:

I've been playing this special mode for weeks in beta, it's really great

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

A glitch that prevents me from seeing a rendered gun? Thanks Obama!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's almost funny enough to warrant an actual toggle.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Really we all needed health injectors and revive packs and then it really would have been Obama Mode.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007

I may have a problem.....

I keep buying chancepacks. I'd stop, but I keep getting good stuff. Today I bought 10 of the 200 ones and ended up with 3 goddamn tsmgs

I gotta find people to trade all this stuff to.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

What is the difference between the Overmatch Impact and Allied Warzone armor? They both seem to have the same exact stats (2nd and 3rd to last armor options).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Honey Badger posted:

What is the difference between the Overmatch Impact and Allied Warzone armor? They both seem to have the same exact stats (2nd and 3rd to last armor options).

Do you want a badass shoulder pad, or a gun on the front of your chest?

There is no difference.

• Locked thread