Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Ryuujin posted:

Melee is tagged to get it high enough for some perks, since some of the perks that might help me require high melee. Still not sure if I will actually take them though.

I need to go over the perks again, see which ones require melee, like Ninja, and see if they are worth it. Otherwise I might try and tag something else. Maybe one of my negative skills.

EDIT: Okay to try and work things better I switched from regular Deathclaw to Intelligent Deathclaw. Changed some maximums and averages. Basically ST went down 2 to 11, EN went down 1 to 11, and IN went up 3 to 5. Which should give it average Intelligence. That said CH is still 1 and being gifted still imposes a penalty on skills, so Speech, Barter and Gambling are all still negative. But now I get considerably more skill points a level. Also switched Tag on Melee to Outdoorsman. Ninja was the only perk I was looking at that actually required Melee.

Cool, I'll go over your sheet tomorrow at some point.

EDIT: I'll update a player list tomorrow as well. We'll probably start soon, but I'll continue to accept submissions for a queue or rerolls for players that want them on retainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Edited and included equipment into skill points.

code:
Name: Alhambra Jones
Eyes: Brown Hair: Black Appearance: Lanky and stern

BASE STATS (Sum to 47)
ST   5 [+1] [1/5/10]
PE   5 [+1] [1/5/10]
EN   9 [+2] [1/5/10]
CH   6 [+1] [1/5/10]
IN   9 [+1] [1/5/10]
AG   9 [+2] [1/5/10]
LK   6 [+1] [1/5/10]

DERIVED STATS
HP: 36/38    (3 + [1/2 EN] = 7 / LVL)
AC: 8/9      (AG + Armor)
Normal:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Laser:   0DR 0DT 0Armor
Fire:    0DR 0DT 0Armor
Plasma:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Explode: 0DR 0DT 0Armor
Carry Weight: 150 Lbs (25 + 25xStr)
Melee Damage: 1       (ST-5, Min 1)
Poisin Resist: 40/45%    (ENx5)
Rad Resist: 16/18%       (ENx2)
Gas Resist: 0         (Gear: Inhale/Contact)
Elec. Resist: 15%
Dmg. Threshold: 0     (Gear)
Dmg. Resist: 0        (Gear)
Action Points: 9     (1/2AG+5)
Sequence: 10          (2xPE)
Healing Rate: 8/9       (EN)
Crit Chance: 6%       (Luck + Skills)

SKILLS (No tags, subtract 10 from all skills)

SKILL	    BASE/EQUIPMENT     FORMULA
*Small Guns     27/31          5+(4xAG)
Big Guns        6/8            0%+(2xAG)
Energy Weapons  6/8            0%+(2xAG)
Unarmed         46/48          30%+(2x(AG+ST)
Melee Weapons   36/38           20%+(2x(AG+ST)
Throwing        22/26           0%+(4xAG)
First Aid       16/18           0%+(2x(PE+AG)
Doctor          8/9            5%+(PE+EN)
*Sneak          21/24           5%+(3xAG)+2)
Lockpick        13/14           10%+(PE+AG)
Steal           14/17          0%+(3xAG)
Traps           13/14           10%+(PE+AG)
Science         26             0%+(4xIN)
Repair          17             0%+(3xIN)
Pilot           16/18           0%+(2x(AG+PE))
Speech          20             0%+(5xCH)
Barter          14             0%+(4xCH)
*Gambling       34             0%+(4xLK)+20)
Outdoorsman     24/26           0%+(2x(EN+IN))

TRAITS
- Human: 15% Resistance to Electricity.
- Human: Perk every 3 levels.
- Gifted:  All Stats get a 1- point bonus, but all skills get a 10% penalty and you receive 5 less Skill Points per level
- Jack of all trades: You have no tagged skills, but receive 2 times the skill points per level

WEAPONS 

CROWBAR
Ammo: N/A
Rnds: N/A Burst: N/A Min. ST: 5 W: 5 lb 
Dmg: (1d12+3) + MD Rng: 1
One handed AP: 3 / 4 / - (Single, Target, Burst)
Two handed AP: 4 / 5 / -
W: 5 lbs. Dmg: (1d12+3) + MD Rng: 1

EQUIPMENT (11 / 150 lbs)
360 Caps - 300 =  60 Caps
ITEM                    Wt.   Cost
Brahmin-Skin Outfit     5     175  (+1 EN, +1 AG, AC: 1)
Lighter                       10
Healing Powder          1     50

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 27, 2013

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I think you may be looking at the 10% incorrectly. Say you have a skill of 60%, subtracting 10% makes that skill 50%. That is what it means. It is harsh, especially on a low int character as you lose the usual +5 skill points a level and are relying on only 2xIntelligence.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ryuujin posted:

I think you may be looking at the 10% incorrectly. Say you have a skill of 60%, subtracting 10% makes that skill 50%. That is what it means. It is harsh, especially on a low int character as you lose the usual +5 skill points a level and are relying on only 2xIntelligence.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that skill points are referred to in percentages. Not used to that. Hmmmm. I've got almost max intelligence, which I imagine I'll get to eventually, and double skill points on top of that, so I'll be getting 36 skill points each level. 40 if I get intelligence to max with some equipment or something. It's just a matter of getting over that hump of starting with no tags and -10 in every category. Pretty tall order.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 27, 2013

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Not going to have time to make a character, but just as a suggestion it's kind of stupid to make the deathclaw take Melee (that he can't use) simply to get Ninja as a perk down the line; instead maybe just handwave that component of the prereqs for Ninja (or substitute it with something....Deathclaw-y). Just a bit of a drive-by suggestion.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I have been playing Fallout PnP for years now and would love to be a part of this game if space is still available. I am rolling up a character as we speak and will edit it into this post.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Diplomaticus posted:

Not going to have time to make a character, but just as a suggestion it's kind of stupid to make the deathclaw take Melee (that he can't use) simply to get Ninja as a perk down the line; instead maybe just handwave that component of the prereqs for Ninja (or substitute it with something....Deathclaw-y). Just a bit of a drive-by suggestion.

Yeah, yeah... I'm working on it :P, haha yeah its a bit ridiculous and honestly the game isn't configured all that great for the deathclaw but i'll house rule fairness into it. Why don't you roll up a queue character? :allears:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Benny D posted:

I have been playing Fallout PnP for years now and would love to be a part of this game if space is still available. I am rolling up a character as we speak and will edit it into this post.

Awesome, I hope that I'll be a good enough GM for you all!

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off
This looks fun. Never seen it before but I'll put my nose to the literature and see if I can mesh, otherwise looks terrifically interesting. Loved 2 and Vegas so I'll get the feel in my head hopefully. Looks like you have 5~ already so I'll draw something up for backburner and if you haven't started by the time I've got one a/o no one's put forth a sixth then I'll throw my (cowboy?) hat into the ring.

EDIT: vvBackburner thenvv

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

code:

Name: Simon Varian
Age:  36  Sex: M      Race: Human/Caucasian     Weight: 180lbs
Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown Appearance: Fit, Tan, Two long facial scars

BASE STATS (Sum to 47)
ST   5 [1-10]
PE   9 [1-10]
EN   5 [1-10]
CH   4[1-10]
IN   7  [1-10]
AG   6 [1-10]
LK   4 [1-10]

DERIVED STATS
HP: 30/30  (3 + [1/2 EN] = 5 / LVL)
AC: 6     (AG + Armor)
Normal:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Laser:   0DR 0DT 0Armor
Fire:    0DR 0DT 0Armor
Plasma:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Explode: 0DR 0DT 0Armor
Carry Weight: 150 Lbs (25 + 25xStr)
Melee Damage: 1       (ST-5, Min 1)
Poisin Resist: 20 / 25%    (ENx5)
Rad Resist: 10 / 10%     (ENx2)
Gas Resist: 0         (Gear: Inhale/Contact)
Elec. Resist: 15
Dmg. Threshold: 0     (Gear)
Dmg. Resist: 0        (Gear)
Action Points: 8   (1/2AG+5)
Sequence: 18        (2xPE)
Healing Rate: 5      (EN)
Crit Chance: 4%     (Luck + Skills)

SKILLS (* = TAG)

SKILL	    BASE    FORMULA
*Small Guns: 49          5+(4xAG)
Big Guns     :  12              0%+(2xAG)
Energy.       :  12           0%+(2xAG)
Unarmed    :  52      30%+(2x(AG+ST)
Melee          :  42.     20%+(2x(AG+ST)
Throwing   :  24       0%+(4xAG)
First Aid    :  28       0%+(2x(PE+AG)
Doctor       :  19          5%+(PE+EN)
*Sneak       :  43          5%+(3xAG)+2)
*Lockpick :  45 / 95       10%+(PE+AG)
Steal           :  18        0%+(3xAG)
Traps         :  25          10%+(PE+AG)
Science     :  28          0%+(4xIN)
Repair       :  21            0%+(3xIN)
Pilot           :  30        0%+(2x(AG+PE))
Speech      :  20            0%+(5xCH)
Barter       :  20         0%+(4xCH)
Gambling  :  20         0%+(4xLK)+20)
Outdoors :   24        0%+(2x(EN+IN))

TRAITS
- Human: 15% Resistance to Electricity.
- Human: Perk every 3 levels.
- One-Hander:   40% penalty with two-handed weapons, 20% bonus with one-handed
- Fast Shot:   No targeted attacks, guns cost 1 less AP to fire

Weapons/Equipment

10 Caps Remaining
WEAPONS
Machete (100 caps)
AMMO: N/A
STR: 4   WEIGHT: 1
RANGE: 1   AP: S - 4 T -N/A
DMG: 1D10 + 7 + MD
EQUIPMENT
Lock pick (1lb, +50% Skill Bonus)
Lighter
DRESS
Basic wasteland denim clothes, leather military-style boots, nylon duster,
Worn bush hat

Brief Backstory
Simon was raised in a ramshackle settlement on the edge of the great plains wastes.
Born of a prostitute he never met, his father was a well-educated man (or at least what
 passes for it in the wastes) who schooled him in the ways of deception and investigation.
 By the age of 22, Simon was in the employ of a local Brahmin conglomerate as a private
 detective. On the eve of his 35th birthday, Simon was captured by a band of outlaws while
 investigating the murder of a wealthy , respected merchant on the old Tennessee border.
He was tortured for weeks before being left for dead in a dusty field. Simon has spent the 
last three years wandering the wastes, seeking revenge against his captors.
It's been a while since I filled one of these out but I'm pretty sure everything is here.
Let me know if any corrections need to be made.

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
With regards to Perks that give a one-time bonus to skill rolls (like Medic, Mr. Fixit, or Negotiator on page 43), what does "one-time" mean exactly? Do I get the bonus on my next skill roll and then it's expended, or do I choose to expend it when I need it? Once I expend this bonus, does the Perk become essentially useless? Is there a way to recharge it, or replace it with another Perk?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
That is probably bad wording. Driving City Style is the first Perk I found with that wording. Not sure which one you were specifically looking at. Despite the weird wording I am pretty sure that taking the perk increases your Driving skill by 30 points. Or 30% as points might be misconstrued.

Looks like Gambler does the same, adds +20 to your skill.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Went to Hell posted:

With regards to Perks that give a one-time bonus to skill rolls (like Medic, Mr. Fixit, or Negotiator on page 43), what does "one-time" mean exactly? Do I get the bonus on my next skill roll and then it's expended, or do I choose to expend it when I need it? Once I expend this bonus, does the Perk become essentially useless? Is there a way to recharge it, or replace it with another Perk?

A one-time bonus permanently raises the skill it lists by the amount listed.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Though a massively built man at 2.1 meters, Sahen is obviously of direct Uiaoe linneage. Where exactly he was born, and who exactly birthed him aren't known, although some have pointed fingers at the Brown Mountain Boys. He first fell on the map at the age of 15, wandering into Tecumseh unannounced. He was accepted as tribe, but he never displayed any of their culture or customs.

Oddly, given his appearance and uncertain childhood, he seemed well read, and trained in the art of medicine. He rejected the teachings of the Shamans, preferring to practice from the pages of a crumbling medical textbook using crude metal tools. At first he was dismissed, but as his art saved more and more warriors from once crippling or fatal wounds he was allowed to take post as the resident physician.

His abilities and apparent lineage won him a place in Tecumseh, though never quite acceptance. While he was educated, and contemporary in his ways, he was in his own way a savage. Sahen rarely cleaned himself of the blood and grime his work, and while his english skills were average, he rarely spoke. His cold and often brutal practice along with his distance and appearance earned him the title of ha-wi-ya, the butcher. Nearing old age, he was driven from Tecumseh over a dispute with the elder shamans, an event neither are willing to discuss. While he is not explicitly banned from returning, few in the town are willing to associate him. Today, he wanders the routes between Chattanooga and Neo Nashville, practicing where he can, rarely straying.

EDIT: Fixed: Spelling Error(s), Changed: Weight, Added: More backstory

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 18, 2015

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Ported a character over from a game that didn't get off the ground, I think it should be ok.
Xiu Ling
Xiu Ling was a doctor by trade in Neo Nashville, and a rather prestigious one at that. Her parents were merely simple merchants, selling whatever could be scrounged up and traded for in the wasteland, which wasn’t very much. Neo Nashville had been established so long ago that most anything of value was taken already.

This didn’t stop her parents from trying anyway. They knew from a young age that their daughter was gifted and deserved better than what they had. They saved up all the extra money they could, even forgoing meals for themselves at time, so their daughter could get the education she deserved.

She studied medicine from the doctors at a nearby clinic, and took to it immediately. Many of the Medical bots didn’t work anymore but she didn’t need them. She would fix patients up immediately and sometimes, even better than before.

After her graduation she started up her own non-profit medical clinic. She was an idealist and coming from a poor background she wanted to help those that didn’t have the money to afford decent medical care. She managed to keep her gear in decent shape by learning a thing or two about Docbot repairs and persuading people to help out. She gained a serious reputation as a physician until the day 2 burly men came knocking at her door.
“Ms. Ling?” Said the giant on the right.
“Yes? Can I help you gentlemen?”
“We have a problem. Our Boss, Don Caliento is dying, and we don’t know why. We want you to fix it.”
“C-Caliento? I see at least 2 patients a week because of him! Give me one good reason!” She stammered out.
“Because you owe us lady.” The second one finally spoke, “Your parents borrowed money from us so you could have all this right here. So unless you can pay it all off right here, you best be ready to help us.”

She was shocked. She knew that her parents could never have afforded the training she got but she didn’t expect this at all. After a moment of silence and consideration she spoke.

“F-fine…bring him in here tomorrow morning I’ll make sure to clear my schedule so no one else is here.” She replied meekly.
“Nu-uh no good.” The first man spoke again, “We ain’t moving the boss out in public in his condition and we definitely ain’t waiting till tomorrow, this is serious. You come with us and you come with us now.”
“Ok Ok, let me just grab my bag and we’ll do this thing.” She sighed.

She grabbed her medical tools and left with the men, scared for her life. Eventually they reached the compound and she was brought to his room. She looked at the overweight man breathing heavily, barely conscious. After some rudimentary diagnosis she spoke.

“I can’t do this, the man has a heart condition. I can’t operate on that it’ll probably kill him.” She managed to utter.
“Probably? Well that’s good enough. We have no more time.” The right hand man barked at her.

Drenched with sweat she took the nearby med bot, which was badly damaged, and applied the anesthetic to put him to sleep. The surgery took hours; she carefully worked around the tumor like an artist, carefully removing it. After seemingly forever she closed him back up, saying confidentially it was a success.

“Let him sleep tonight and come see me in the morning…” She said hesitantly.

The next morning, before the sun was even up, she woke up to a loud banging on the door of her clinic. She rushed to the door and opened it and saw the face of James, one of her assistants sweating profusely.

“James what’s wrong you’re not in for a few more hours, what’s got you riled up?” She inquired, still waking up
“It’s Caliento, Xiu! He's dead!” he whispered loudly.
“What?! poo poo! How?” She yelled.
“Shh!!! He went into cardiac arrest and died right there, his boys are coming for you right now!” He whispered again.
“gently caress! It’s not my fault I swear! They gave me poo poo tools I did the best I could! I just-”
“I know, I trust your judgement, but they’re going to be less understanding. Here,” He handed her a handgun and some currency, “run.”
“I can’t use a gun! And if I run they’ll come after you!”
“Hopefully you won’t have to and as long as you don’t tell me where you’re going I can’t tell them poo poo, just loving go!” He screamed.
Xiu grabbed as many things in a bag as she could and ran, ran as fast as she could. She knew their reach was far but she had to try her damndest to run.

That was years ago. Xiu moved from town to town making a living by offering medical services, before moving on again in the night. She had a few scrapes avoiding Caliento's men, practicing her aim just in case things ever had to come to that, but thankfully they never did.

This small town was yet another place to get a little rest before moving on again…

Character Sheet:
Name: Xiu Ling
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Level: 1

SPECIAL
Strength: 3
Perception: 8
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 7
Luck: 4

Traits
-Good Natured
-Small Frame

Derived Stats
Hit Points: 28
Armor Class: 7
Sequence: 16
Action Points: 8
Crit Chance: 4%
Melee Damage: 1
Poison Resistance: 25%
Radiation Resistance: 10%
Gas Resistance: 0/0
Electricity Resistance: 15%
Healing Rate: 5
Carry Weight: 45 Lbs.

Skills
Small Guns: 23
Big Guns: 4
>Energy Weapons: 24
Unarmed: 40
Melee Weapons: 30
Throwing: 28
Explosives: 13
First Aid: 46
>Doctor: 62
Sneak: 26
Lockpick: 25
Steal: 21
Traps: 25
>Science: 56
Repair: 27
Pilot: 30
Speech: 45
Barter: 40
Gambling: 20
Outdoorsman: 28

Items
Caps: 140
Scalpel (140 caps)
Lab coat (Normal clothes)

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 28, 2013

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Cool, cool. I'll review submissions and respond to questions later today. Game thread will go up later this week and queue will remain open.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Went to Hell posted:

Sorry for the late response, but yes, Benny D is correct. Perks like that are a one time bonuses that do not renew, but they are permanent to your skill/attribute/etc.

----

@Volkerball, Benny D, SevenSocks, RagnarokAngel - Thanks for the submissions, there are some really cool characters and back-stories in the thread!

----

@Volkerball - I count that you are 2 over on your primary attribute scores. So downshift those and recalculate your skills, other than that. Just tell me a little about Alhambra, give us a backstory.

----

@Benny D - As far as I can tell, looks like you check out!

----

@SevenSocks - Haha, yes I'll spare some caps I'll give everyone a 100 cap stimulus package. It is rough in the wastes, Looks to be in order.

----

@RagnarokAngel - Looks to be in order, you have 60 caps remaining after buying your stuffs, well 160 with the stimpackage.

----

Player List/Queue
1. Jolinaxas
2. QuantumNinja
3. Commissar Kip
4. Went to Hell
5. Ryuujin
6. Volkerball
7. Benny D
8. SevenSocks
9. RagnarokAngel

Ok, these are the submissions so far and I'm determined to play with all of you, if you're still down for it. Please post listing if you prefer to start or you don't mind the queue. The wastes are harsh and you're guaranteed to get used at some point. I'll take and re-fill up to 5 initially, and I'll make picks after the confirmations of availability. I'll be spending these next few days trying to get the sprites from the old games for map making

:c00lbert:

----

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the game. I should have the thread up by Saturday afternoon at the latest. Queue will stay open, if you have questions just post them.

@Non-Humans - Tomorrow and some tonight, I'll be scrutinizing the core rules to see if I can balance anything out or make things more sensible at least for the sake of gameplay, in regards to your racial abilities, limitations and advantages.

Everyone has 100 more caps to spend.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 29, 2013

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I would love to start with the first group. I'll be editing my weapon selection now that we have some more money to spend, just a heads up!

If you have any general questions about GMing Fallout PnP feel free to ask me before we get started. I've run four seperate campaigns (one lasting almost two years) but this will be my first time actually playing in one!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Benny D posted:

I would love to start with the first group. I'll be editing my weapon selection now that we have some more money to spend, just a heads up!

If you have any general questions about GMing Fallout PnP feel free to ask me before we get started. I've run four seperate campaigns (one lasting almost two years) but this will be my first time actually playing in one!

Awesome! I will definitely have questions, I've run a campaign that lasted for about half a year through fictional Chicago, but barely touched Tennessee before we put it on hiatus for a series of zany one-shot games. Through and through, there were still aspects of the game I didn't fully exploit so I am definitely glad to have your experience. I'll think about specific questions and let you know.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I would like to get in on the ground floor, naturally, but will not object to being put on the queue since I was late.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 29, 2013

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I too would like to get in on the ground floor. Tomorrow I will probably look into spending that cap surplus, hopefully getting an actual robe, not so much for the defense bonuses but rather for the concealing fact of robe.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

I'd like to be in the first party, though I'm open to a later addition. I assumed we were going by applicant order anyway. Also, can I spend the equivalent amount of money as a Utility Jumpsuit to make my character's leather and canvas ensemble have the same DT/DR stats as the Utility Jumpsuit but +5 to Doctor and First Aid rather than Repair/Lockpick?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
I'll go ahead and echo the "like to be first, cool if I'm not" sentiment expressed by most thus far.

Also, will get some background up soon.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Ryuujin posted:

I too would like to get in on the ground floor. Tomorrow I will probably look into spending that cap surplus, hopefully getting an actual robe, not so much for the defense bonuses but rather for the concealing fact of robe.

You can have a large patchwork blanket that you managed to fashion into a robe for free. I don't know how you can spend money or be seen without everyone in a 500ft. vicinity just flippin' their poo poo lol. I'm going to think of something reasonable.

----

@Everybody - cool, cool. I appreciate the feedback and I'll let you know tomorrow. I'll mainly be picking off of order in which submission was submitted and party formation in case you have two people who are like dedicated doctors or repairmen. Also don't forget, if you want to form bonds before the game, you can. Even if you are in queue, this could play out cool, because the first groups experience, might add subplot based off of your bonds. It is whatever though, like I said, I'll have the gamethread up by Saturday afternoon at the latest.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Anyone a Wanderer type? Perhaps wearing a vault-tec jumpsuit?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
drat, you're right. I don't know how I missed that. I'll go back and fix it. I planned on giving a backstory, but I want to get my card right first. And let me go ahead and join in on the want to play first bandwagon. If there's 7 people who want to play right off the bat, I'll give up my spot and watch.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I'm pumped to kick things off. A question about getting dusted in the waste: my character is dead. Do I submit another one at that point, or what?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

QuantumNinja posted:

I'm pumped to kick things off. A question about getting dusted in the waste: my character is dead. Do I submit another one at that point, or what?

You can go ahead and add a character to the queue whenever you want.

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
I'd like to be in the first batch. Might put together a back-up, in case everything goes tits-up.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
First Party
Sorry for not posting the list yesterday, I've been a bit 'under-the-weather' and I fell asleep within 30 minutes of being home last night.

1. Jolinaxas as Lloyd Rourke
2. QuantumNinja as Jackson "Jackie" Reed
3. Went to Hell as Mossman the Lonesome Nuclear Repair-Ghoul
4. Ryuujin as Therax
5. SevenSocks as Sahen

This will be the starting party. Gamethread will be up by Saturday afternoon. If you so choose, you can spend the extra 100 caps you had. I'll be double-reviewing the starting parties submissions today. I saw some things that I missed on the first pass.

-----

Queue
1. Commisar Kip as Marx Lenin Molotov
2. Volkerball as Alhambra Jones
3. Benny D as Simon Varian
4. RagnarokAngel as Xiu Ling

I'll also be double-reviewing these as I saw some things I missed on the first pass.

-----

Picks were made on skill selections first, order submitted second, and backstory third.

I'll let the starting party know what revisions need to be made to their sheets later today.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.
Ah, thanks for putting me in the reserves. I've been busy with my dissertation this week so it's nice to know I can join in later on in the game. I actually came online today to post this, haha.

Looking forward to the game!

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
Quick update on my character sheet. I sold my knife and bought a gun + ammo with the stimulus.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Commissar Kip posted:

Ah, thanks for putting me in the reserves. I've been busy with my dissertation this week so it's nice to know I can join in later on in the game. I actually came online today to post this, haha.

Good luck in your dissertation and thanks for your interest! I'll be sure to let you know when you're up.

----

Player Character Sheet Revisions
I've gone through and rebuilt your characters and made a list of edits.

@Jolinaxas
  • DR for Explosives should be 20%
  • You have 100 additional caps to get you through the wastes. Everyone got a bonus.

@QuantumNinja
  • You have 100 additional caps to get you through the wastes. Everyone got a bonus.

@Went to Hell
  • Bonus 10% Normal DR just for being a ghoul
  • Fire DT/DR should read 1/10
  • Explode DT/DR should read 0/20
  • That Sig-Sauer P220 9mm costs 1000 caps, and you have a 100 after all your other equipment. I will give you a VP91Z (M9-FS) 9mm Beretta Pistol with 6/10 boxes of condition damage for 100 caps. It'll be at a -10% to hit penalty(I'll be posting a rules revision on item & armor condition). If not you can just buy some other weapons, save or something.

@Ryuujin
  • 10 HP per level
  • You can have a patchwork burlap cloak, that you got from the Uioae in your travels.(That tribe raises and fights alongside deathclaw, regarding them as friends. These are the only humans who have never just turned on you in outright horror. This also offers you a chance to meet with the adventurers since Sahen is Uioae.)

@SevenSocks
Since you now have 180 caps, I'll give you:
pre:
Leather Apron
Value: 60 Caps
W: 3 lbs. AC: 2 N:0/5 L:0/0 F:0/5 P:0/0 E: 0/0

Leather Boots
Value: 40 Caps
W: 5 lbs. AC: 2
  • You'll have 80 caps left if you accept my offer of armor which you can spend on healing equipment or weapons, or you can just use the full 180 on other gear.
  • Review your skills, you should have 3 tag skills and only take -10 penalties if a perk or something else demands you too. The tag skills are also +20% to the base value, then you just add what you derive from your attributes.

-----

I think that about covers it. I'll take a third and final pass after you've made edits. If you have questions or you think I've messed up on one of my assessments, let me know! Again, gamethread will be up on Saturday afternoon.

Queue will remain open for new applicants and back-up submissions.

Queue players, when you are up for play, I'll review your sheet in detail.

Important note for players: If you still haven't purchased equipment but would like to bargain with me for equipment I may give you equipment options like I have for a few players in these revisions. Your equipment will be discounted, but at the cost of condition damage.

EDIT: Other Important Note: I'll be revising a few rules, but I'll go over that in a post here when I launch the gamethread and I'll also post about the changes in the OP of the gamethread. The changes will be minor though so no worries.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 31, 2013

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Dr.Idle posted:

@QuantumNinja

I blew all of my money on a pistol now.

Dr.Idle posted:

Important note for players: If you still haven't purchased equipment but would like to bargain with me for equipment I may give you equipment options like I have for a few players in these revisions. Your equipment will be discounted, but at the cost of condition damage.

It's kind of rough because the guns in the equipment section are all expensive. I can't go moseying around with a revolver (375C for the stubnose, 450C for a cowboy-style one) immediately or afford a duster (250C), which kind of kills the Gunslinger vibe until I can get that stuff together. Is there any way you'd be willing to work on that with me?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 31, 2013

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Added the caps, and patchwork burlap cloak, also corrected the HP a level. Seems like I forgot to adjust it when switching to the Intelligent version of Deathclaw.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Alright, here's to hoping it's all in order :pray:

I took you up on your armor offer, but I forgot if I add the 5 to the DT DR +/- column, so here's the pretext version.

I updated the pictures in my post, and here's a link to the DropBox download of the .pdf, should be fully editable if you save it.

pre:
Name: Sahen	Age:	38	Sex:	M	Race:	Human	Weight:	274 lbs
Eyes: Green	Hair:	Brown	Appearance: Tall and broad. Often dirty, or spattered with blood. He wears improvised surgical garb made from meat cutters attire.	

Total	+/-	Base	Racial					Skills
				Min/Max					Total	+/-	Base &
ST	9	+4/-0	5	1/10			Small Guns	23	-10	5%+(4xAG)
PE	7	+2/-0	5	1/10			Big Guns	04	-10	0%+(2xAG)
EN	5	+0/-0	5	1/10			Energy Weapons	04	-10	0%+(2xAG)
CH	2	+0/-3	5	1/10			Unarmed		52	-10	30%(2x(AG+ST))
IN	8	+3/-0	5	1/10			Melee Weapons	62	+10*	20%+(2x(AG+ST))
AG	7	+2/-0	5	1/10			Throwing	28	x	0%+(4xAG)
LK	4	+0/-1	5	1/10			First Aid	68	+40*	0%+(2x(PE+AG))
							Doctor		57	+40*	5%+(PE+EN)
Level  1 	Karma  0	HP/Level  5		Sneak		26	x	5%+(3xAG)
Experience	0		Carry			Lockpick	24	x	10%+(PE+AG)
Wounds		None		Weight	250		Steal		21	x	0%+(3xAG)
							Traps		24	x	10%+(PE+AG)
Hit Points	Armor Class	+/-	Base AC		Science		32	x	0%+(4xIN)
34/34		11		4/0	7		Repair		24	x	0%+(3xIN)
     	DT  DR	+/-		Base	Armor		Pilot		18	x	0%+(2x(AG+PE))
Normal	0/5	0/0		0	5		Speech		30	+20*	0%+(5xCH)
Laser	0/0	0/0		0	0		Barter		28	+20*	0%+(4xCH)
Fire	0/5	0/0		0	5		Gambling	16	x	0%+(4xLK)
Plasma	0/0	0/0		0	0		Outdoorsman	26	x	0%+(2x(EN+IN))
Explode	0/0	0/0		0	0	

Poison	25	Radiation	10	Gas	0/0	Electricity	15	Healing	5
Resistance	Resistance		Resistance	Resistance		Rate	

Action	6	Sequence	14	Melee	4	Critical	4	Armor  
Points					Damage		Chance			Condition
										[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Left Hand	PE Range Mod.	0		Ammo					Right Hand
Weapon   SP	Rng  01	Dmg   07			Weapon   FAxe	Rng   01	Dmg   2d10+4
APs: Single  3	Target  4	Burst  x		APs: Single  4	Target  5	Burst  x
Ammo  xx	Ammo Damage  xx	Rounds  x/x		Ammo  xx	Ammo Damage  xx	Rounds  x/x
+/-							+/-	
Condition	[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] 	Condition	[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] 

Traits and Perks		Effects			Equipment
Bruiser                         STR +2 AP -2            30 Caps
Good Natured                    First Aid, Doctor       Leather Apron     AC 2 Wt 3
                                Speech, Barter +20      Leather Boots     AC 2 Wt 5
                                Small Guns, Big Guns    Fire Axe          2d10+MD Wt 5
                                Energy Weapons, Unarmed
                                Melee Weapons -10

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

QuantumNinja posted:

It's kind of rough because the guns in the equipment section are all expensive. I can't go moseying around with a revolver (375C for the stubnose, 450C for a cowboy-style one) immediately or afford a duster (250C), which kind of kills the Gunslinger vibe until I can get that stuff together. Is there any way you'd be willing to work on that with me?

Instead of a pipe rifle, how about Jackie find the Trader's .38 snub-nose in slightly damaged condition.

pre:
Trader's .38
Value: 200 caps
4 boxes of condition damage.

It'll be -% probably less than 5 to the hit. 
I'm still working on the item/armor condition
scaling, but that is my offer!

For 20 caps more
.38 Caliber Ammunition
10 rounds, 1d6 Normal damage.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

SevenSocks posted:

Alright, here's to hoping it's all in order :pray:

I took you up on your armor offer, but I forgot if I add the 5 to the DT DR +/- column, so here's the pretext version.

I updated the pictures in my post, and here's a link to the DropBox download of the .pdf, should be fully editable if you save it.

All checks out, and thanks for that completely editable character sheet!

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011

Dr.Idle posted:

@Went to Hell
  • Bonus 10% Normal DR just for being a ghoul
  • Fire DT/DR should read 1/10
  • Explode DT/DR should read 0/20
  • That Sig-Sauer P220 9mm costs 1000 caps, and you have a 100 after all your other equipment. I will give you a VP91Z (M9-FS) 9mm Beretta Pistol with 6/10 boxes of condition damage for 100 caps. It'll be at a -10% to hit penalty(I'll be posting a rules revision on item & armor condition). If not you can just buy some other weapons, save or something.

Ah, I see what happened. Heads up, guys! The charts in the back of the equipment file are not accurate! For example, the gun I bought was listed at 100 caps in the back, but is actually worth 1,000. I´ll take your Beretta offer, and look into finding spare parts with which to repair it. Thanks again for double-checking my character sheet, Dr. Idle. I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Dr.Idle posted:

Instead of a pipe rifle, how about Jackie find the Trader's .38 snub-nose in slightly damaged condition.

pre:
Trader's .38
Value: 200 caps
4 boxes of condition damage.

It'll be -% probably less than 5 to the hit. 
I'm still working on the item/armor condition
scaling, but that is my offer!

For 20 caps more
.38 Caliber Ammunition
10 rounds, 1d6 Normal damage.

Eh, I'll stick with the 10mm. I think a major plot point might be recovering her father's revolver, so that could be cool anyway.

• Locked thread