Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
I don't see it listed but I hope the new camos and TR infiltrator armor made it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Strategy posted:

I don't see it listed but I hope the new camos and TR infiltrator armor made it in.

Yeah I hope the black camo is in, I still have 1000sc saved purely for it.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Epic High Five posted:

Projectiles now originate from the camera

GU11 is going to have a Reaver nerf.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I don't see "Added lattice to another continent so that the game isn't just Indar" in those patch notes.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
That vehicle projectile alignment change. My first dozen shots are going to stray to the left until my brain figures out that the shells will now go where the crosshairs say they will.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

quote:

Shotgun slug ammunition now uses a tracer that is similar to sniper rifles.

Lol.

quote:

Reduced acceleration/deceleration speeds of MAX units with Zealot Overdrive active to minimize third person warping.

I guess 3rd person warping for non-MAX infantry is working as intended.

quote:

Walking forward and right while holding out C4 will no longer cause issues

:crossarms:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh what the hell, I bought the grinder and was charged 500 certs for it. Time to send in a ticket, I guess that'll teach me for clicking twice on "buy with certs".

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Leal posted:

Oh what the hell, I bought the grinder and was charged 500 certs for it. Time to send in a ticket, I guess that'll teach me for clicking twice on "buy with certs".

That blows, it's listed at 250 right? I wasn't hallucinating that?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

That blows, it's listed at 250 right? I wasn't hallucinating that?

Yeah it is listed as 250, I'm assuming I got charged twice cause I clicked buy two times cause nothing happened after my first click. I really hope SOE doesn't do their "sorry we don't refund certs" thing :\

EDIT: Sweet they refunded me the extra 250 I was charged :unsmith:

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 5, 2013

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Shot some C4 out of the air. That was a record killstreak for me, 21 kills not including friendlies...

E: Boo grinder, yay hacksaw

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 5, 2013

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Looking forward to having the new weapon models be in the real game. Yet another reason to enjoy the AMC. :unsmith: However, that vehicle projectile change is going to gently caress with me something fierce. I've gotten really good at placing my Lightning HEAT shots right where I want them too. :smith:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Projectiles firing out of the camera will feel weird, but it'll make it so much more goddamn easy to actually hit dudes running around on a flat field while using the Magrider's main gun.

Plus, you know, actually being able to shoot over pebbles and the like will also be swell.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 5, 2013

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SOE posted:

Steer left and steer right will now cause the Flash and Harasser to roll slightly when airborne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4YJFi2wcU

IT BEGINS.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Giggily posted:

Enemies farther than ten meters away will no longer display health bars when spotted; this applies to both infantry and vehicles.

This is interesting, and actually could change quite a lot.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

:stare: Were the servers down or something? (Mattherson)
Indar had 12% NC. I logged out.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Daynab posted:

This is interesting, and actually could change quite a lot.

Yeah I was thinking of what it would look like. I would spot sometimes to pick a weaker target or to flash enemy hitpoints to friendlies. Now all we'll see out of shotgun range are doritos. It's going to feel wierd not knowing who to pick off. I wonder if name is included with the hitpoint bar?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Daynab posted:

:stare: Were the servers down or something? (Mattherson)
Indar had 12% NC. I logged out.

Everybody logged into their VS alt to get certs towards the end of the alert.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

kidRiot posted:

I wonder if name is included with the hitpoint bar?

I pray to god.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

BadLlama posted:

You shoot slower
This was undone in the game update that nerfed shotguns. :ssh:

The health bar change is a HUGE change. Huh.

I am loving the camera originating vehicle projectiles change. Gonna have to relearn how to airshot skygods a bit with my Vanguard, won't take more than a week. TR and VS have already been :qq: big time about the Reaver being "OP" now that you won't have stupid convergence bullshit causing you to miss shots. :getin:

E: Also I wanna weigh in that while the Gauss SAW owns, I've switched to exclusively using the GD22S because I generally engage at mid/close range with HA. It's like having a beefy assault rifle on Heavy. Also gonna retire my Phoenix for a bit while I give the Crow (G2G) a shot.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Still no Boost meter in external view mode on vehicles, though. :smith:

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Vanu still has 50% on Mattherson even an hour after the alert :(

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
So all of a sudden PS2 is literally unplayable. There's a 50% chance I make it past the initial load, and a 0% chance I can pick a server. Every time I verify the integrity of the game cache, 9 files are unaccounted for. After steam re-downloads them, I get a small 40mb~ patch through the launcher and the game won't run again. I'm guessing whatever Planetside is downloading is the culprit, but I have no clue what it could be. I tried re-installing, and that didn't fix it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Welcome to Mattherson: Night Crew. It's Vanu all the way down until like 9am. Depending on the mood of the playerbase, it could still tilt towards Vanu even going to 1pm, but it's usually not bad enough that you have to quit due to a complete lack of any potential progress.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Hey neat, they finally fixed the loving Reaver's lovely offset... MORE THAN SIX MONTHS AFTER RELEASE. Well done.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Gonkish posted:

Hey neat, they finally fixed the loving Reaver's lovely offset... MORE THAN SIX MONTHS AFTER RELEASE. Well done.

Still 6 months sooner than :dice: would fix it :V

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Yeah it was fun leading the NC platoon for a while, we didn't end up stopping the VS from getting the triple cont lock but dammit we made a fight of it. We had to be out numbered at least 5:1. Still had a lot of fun gunning in Fuzz's harasser and Ghaskulls vannie.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Chased after a magrider over a hill, jumped the hill, landed ontop of magrider, exploded instantly via suicide, magrider drove off while I logged off. SOE

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Fuzz posted:

Still no Boost meter in external view mode on vehicles, though. :smith:

Yea this annoys the poo poo out of me in the Harasser :(

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

quote:

Enemies farther than ten meters away will no longer display health bars when spotted; this applies to both infantry and vehicles.

Missed this one. I'll take "Effects of upcoming implants" for $100, Alex.

joethesurly
Mar 10, 2012

quote:

Aww that's terrible, my AV Turret sniping will be much less productive.

Davethulhu posted:

Missed this one. I'll take "Effects of upcoming implants" for $100, Alex.

Implants you say? what is this implants business?

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

joethesurly posted:

Implants you say? what is this implants business?

Implants in PS1 were things you could equip on your character to give them additional abilities. Stuff like enhanced hearing, silent footsteps, stronger melee (still not OHK in PS1), and a vision toggle that would reveal infiltrators but cap your visible range to like 20 meters. They were in PS2 alpha (not in any concrete form, it's actually where boosts were going) but removed.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Why isn't the car exploding when sitting upside-down?:confused:

joethesurly
Mar 10, 2012

Chance posted:

Implants in PS1 were things you could equip on your character to give them additional abilities. Stuff like enhanced hearing, silent footsteps, stronger melee (still not OHK in PS1), and a vision toggle that would reveal infiltrators but cap your visible range to like 20 meters. They were in PS2 alpha (not in any concrete form, it's actually where boosts were going) but removed.

That makes a good deal of sense, really though I cant phantom playing without knowing damage of vehicles in view. Knowing if that lock-on rocket is going to finish them or just piss them off is pretty important for my meager existence. The joy of knowing who to pick off with my engineer scout rifle will be a thing of the past as well ... :(

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Why isn't the car exploding when sitting upside-down?:confused:

It just has a really long grace period to allow the players to get out :downs:

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

So all of a sudden PS2 is literally unplayable. There's a 50% chance I make it past the initial load, and a 0% chance I can pick a server. Every time I verify the integrity of the game cache, 9 files are unaccounted for. After steam re-downloads them, I get a small 40mb~ patch through the launcher and the game won't run again. I'm guessing whatever Planetside is downloading is the culprit, but I have no clue what it could be. I tried re-installing, and that didn't fix it.

From what i've been seeing on this thread you shouldn't use the steam file verification thing, use the SOE laucher one. (and disable the auto-check on steam)
There must be some minor diference between the build that SOE gives to steam and the SOE one and if you verify with steam it messes up the files.

VVV - Amazing how-to, much better than my words salad :D

Micr0chiP fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 5, 2013

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Don't use Steam to verify PS2.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jun 5, 2013

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Daynab posted:

Vanu still has 50% on Mattherson even an hour after the alert :(

It's pretty common for VS to have a huge pop overnight, this has been going on for weeks/months now. It's how they get the Indar lock/triple lock.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jun 5, 2013

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Why sleep when you can disco? :pcgaming:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Rumor is its the asian/aussie pop because connery has become so unstable and is generally poo poo to play on.

The ZOE nerf doesnt seem that bad i cant wait to see how it affects gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Would be great if people could share what funky gamemusic they listen to (as vanu preferably).
Personally i prefer psychedelic/trance techno on Vanu with next to no voices(MOON). Disco only fits
(imho) if you mix it with techno.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 5, 2013

• Locked thread