Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

njsykora posted:

Ball-jointed dolls/dollfies loving terrify me, every time I go to a con there are those weird girls walking around with them and it's something I can't mentally comprehend. Most anime figures it's easy to collect without going financially overboard, in the right places they're no more expensive than a videogame or a couple of blu-rays every payday. It's when you start spending $200-300 on anime girls in swimsuits that things really start going downhill.

I've posted this before on the forums in a different thread but here seem relevant too.

For some reason I have a BJD group on my Facebook feed, I think I wanted one as a teenager but quickly dismissed the idea because the money is absurd.I don't own one and have no interest in participating in the community, however I keep the updates because they are so weird to read. They talk about their dolls like they are adopted children, they take them for days out and take a shitzillion pictures of them as professional doll photo-shoots seems to be a big part of the fandom. It reminds me a little of those older women who obsess over dolls that look like newborn infants. To them they are not plastic objects, they are real living people with souls or something, brrr. The creepiest dolls of all are the adult male ones.

Dr Scoofles has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Jun 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

Fun/creepy fact I learned as a teen when I thought ball jointed dolls were cool (I mean, that craftsmanship!): most have anatomically correct genitals. They're also painted to match the dolls' specific skintones.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

StandardToast posted:

Fun/creepy fact I learned as a teen when I thought ball jointed dolls were cool (I mean, that craftsmanship!): most have anatomically correct genitals. They're also painted to match the dolls' specific skintones.

I wish I could remember who they were, but there were a couple goons who either did or used to do some of the customizing on those sorts of dolls like special wigs and facepainting. They had some pretty interesting stories to share about being in that business.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

StandardToast posted:

I did a lot of research on these dolls as a teen, too, and I stumbled upon some pretty disturbing things.

There's a small community that does... "adult" modifications. And by that I mean boners. Sculpted doll boners.

There is one major company that is famous for having a female doll with exchangeable face plates. One of those face plates is an "O" face, as seen in the top right here:

Another company is famous for having male dolls with exchangeable penises, so you can switch between a floppy penis and a boner with ease!

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Benne posted:

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis fired his PR agent today because of a Sports Illustrated article that said big mean things about his daddy.

This is what Mark Davis looks like.

That man is the owner of a professional football team. Let that sink in for a moment.

I just remember who he reminds me of.

M O O N That Spells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIXqXqcdcO8

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

When are these enormous dillholes going to realize that women are people, not products like a car or stereo that lost their instruction book?

Answer: never. :smith:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

She's a model. This is one of her modeling pics. :stare:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Scathach posted:

She's a model. This is one of her modeling pics. :stare:

Am I missing something here? I don't see any awkward or (especially) ugly :confused:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Awkward because of horrible photoshop. Look at the waist and rear end.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

At the start, when he talks about how little kids are the biggest flirts, I wondered how many he's lured into his Van O' Rape 'N' Death.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

kith_groupie posted:

What I don't get is why they don't wise up quickly though, and go "Hey this doesn't work" and stop being such huge creep monsters, but I suppose I am expecting too much out from a clutch of shut-ins raised by the internet.

PUA tactics tend to rely on law of averages. If you approach enough people with a bald-faced request for sex, eventually you're going to find someone who's got standards low enough or emotionally compromised enough to want to sleep with you. They attribute their success to having improved their 'game'.

It's funny that they call it game because they also treat it like a video game, and like a video game, you have to level up, so all their losses are because they're grinding their CHA stat so that they can get it high enough to unlock the romance options.

Don't just take my word for it! Let's see what Roosh V, author of Bang and other books just as awkwardly named, has to say! What does he say about trying to gently caress girls you meet in the day?

Roosh V posted:

Assuming you have weak game and average conversational skills, you'll get a number from 5% of your day approaches. The average I see from men who come to me for training is 7.5%. My best students get almost a 30% close rate percentage [ed: 'close' is either getting a kiss or getting a girl's number] and I personally don't achieve any higher than occasional streaks of 50%. These estimations include low-probability approaches on the street, so they can be doubled if you develop a niche day venue (if I only approach in coffee shops or bookstores, for example, consistent 50% rates aren't uncommon). With months of practice on your part, you should be able to achieve 20%. Unfortunately, some men hit a ceiling before others due to limitations outside of their control, and can't seem to go higher no matter how hard they work, but that ceiling will take years to hit and will always be higher than if you didn't practice game at all.

No matter how amazing your day game gets, you won't be able to get more than an overall 40% close rate. Therefore, 60% of your approaches will be dead in the water before the first word even comes out of your mouth. This is because most women are in a serious relationship, have gently caress buddies, are in a bad mood from PMS, are homosexual or are experiencing a herpes flare-up that makes then suicidal. Only 40% of girls at any point are even open to talking to a guy, and a percentage of those would rather eat molten hot lead than go out with you on a date. If you were the last man on earth, they still wouldn't gently caress you, and there's no game in the world that could change such a firm decision.

If a girl doesn't want to gently caress you, she is either getting hosed, on her period, a lesbian, or has STDs. There are no other options.

Roosh V posted:

Differences Between Day and Night Game

I'm going to make the assumption that you have some night game experience. In that case, you need to be mindful about the differences between day and night game because you may bring over some habits that, while work well at night, will cost you a lot of numbers during the day.

At night, you can run complex openers with success. You can do something like a female opinion opener [ed: this is something like (verbatim) "can I get a female opinion on something?"] and give a mini-speech before the girl is expected to make a response. During the day, complex openers come across as weird. She'll wonder why you're talking to her and how much longer he has to endure your routine until she can go on about her day. Day openers should be absurdly simple.

At night, girls show more interest sooner. During the day they're much less likely to show interest, even if they're actually into you. For example, at night a girl may ask, "What do you do?" even though she isn't really interested. It's just a default question she asks to size you up and to pass the time until she gets rid of you for the next guy. But during the day, that same question is a huge indicator of interest [ed: 'IOI' is a stock term] and almost guarantees you'll get her phone number. Questions that mean nothing at night actually become the only way she can show solid interest in you during the day.

At night, it's more natural for the girl to flirt, tease, and use double entendres. During the day it will be rare to get to "sexy talk", and a rush on your part to force it is the fastest way to push her away. Even if she's somehow capable of daytime flirting, it's likely that she isn't yet in a social mood at the moment you engage her. She could've just woken up or gotten into a texting battle with her mother. During the day a girl needs more time to get into a relaxed, fun state than if she was in a bar, and oftentimes that state never comes. With some girls you won't even know they're capable of flirting until you get them out on a date.

At night, girls expect you to talk to them, so they have up a titanium shield to defend against your advances, especially toward the end of the night when they've already been approached a hundred times. During the day, girls don't expect you to talk to them, so they're surprised.

If you've had to endure chick flicks in the past, you may have notices that most of them have the female heroine meeting her dream man in a daytime situation. At least two crappy movies I'e seen had a meeting result from a fender bender, where the man touches the girl's hand in a sensual way while exchanging insurance information. How many movies have you seen where the heroine meets a guy in a dive bar?

If you've ever wondered if PUA techniques are influenced by bad movies, yes, yes they are, they are trying to be the protagonists of chick flicks, and they are aware of this.

Roosh V posted:

The Opener

The purpose of the opener is to break the ice and allow a conversation to happen. It is not to build attraction. You're not trying to score brownie points with it and if you're thinking of ways to come up with a good opener, chances are you're trying too hard and will end up scaring the cat. [ed: is this literally the 1920's] Those witty openers are best suited for a nighttime environment. During the day we're going for boring, and the more boring the better. All that matters is if the opener gives you a way to continue the conversation so you can then start to add dashes of seasoning.

The style of opener you're going to use is what I call the elderly opener. I learned it from frequenting a coffee shop that was located a block away from a senior citizen community. I went to this "old people's" coffee shop every day for a year, always picking a spot near the door where everyone had to walk by. Without fail, I was approached at least twice a day by men and women in their 70s, 80s, and a handful in their 90s.

The amazing thing wasn't that these old people approached me, but that they all used the exact same line. Were they getting their game from a book called Elderly Bang? Was their a bulletin board posted in their senior clubhouse on how to have conversations with young people? I don't know, but the opening line was so simple (yet deadly) that I laugh whenever I use it to get a girl's number.

Here's an example of an old man using it on me. See if you can point out what he did right.

"Excuse me, is that a good laptop?

"Yeah, it's pretty good," I said as I made eye contact. "It suits me fine."

"What brand is it?"

"Gateway." I stopped typing to look at him completely.

"I've never owned a Gateway laptop before. Right now I have a Dell desktop but I'm looking to get something that I can bring to the coffee shop to read the news. Your screen is a little small. Don't you find it hard to read?"

"It's not too bad, especially since I sit pretty close. You can also zoom in on web pages or documents if you want, but they make larger laptops, too."

"My eyes aren't what they used to be. What brand do you recommend for an old fogey like myself?"

"I'm pretty sure Gateway makes larger screens. You can go on their website and see pictures of all their models."

"Thank you. I'll check that out. You know, it's crazy how fast technology is evolving. When I fought in World War II, we couldn't even get the drat radios to work, but now everything is so advanced."

"You fought in World War II?" I asked.

Next thing I knew, he was telling me war stories. He later mentioned a recent trip to Florida and then told me about his kids, who were older than my parents. Our first conversation lasted ten minutes, and every day after that he approached me for a little chat. The days he didn't come in I got a little worried that he had died the night before.

Do you think he--or any of the other dozens of old peopole who approached me based on my laptop--was really shopping for one? I doubt it. They just wanted to have a chat with someone to pass the time.

This sort of stuff is what makes me feel like PUAs cargo cult social interaction. They're like outsiders who don't understand how it works, but they follow how other people interact with one another and try to mimic that. He spends a large portion of this book literally just talking about how you can approach someone to have a casual conversation about, like, a book they're looking at in a book shop. A large portion of this book is literally 'how to talk to people about topics'.

Now you can say that it's good that they're teaching awkward nerds how to interact, but I don't know if I agree. They're teaching them the motions of interaction, but without the emotional component behind those motions. It's learning to be a better person but only for the sole purpose of finding women who are willing to have sex with you. It is the uncanny valley of socialization.

But that's dumb, let's hear about dating girls as a video game!

Roosh V posted:

Galnuc

Galnuc is the framework you'll use to get a girl's number during the day, and the meaning behind its name will become obvious in a few moments. It's a series of mini-routines that help with three things: establishing a more playful mood, helping you get to know the girl, and segueing naturally into getting the number. On average, it takes 2-5 minutes to execute, but sometimes it can take much longer.

After a girl asks a personal question, start Galnuc when you've passed the peak of the conversation and feel yourself running out of gas. It doesn't make sense to immediately go into Galnuc when you're having an incredible chat, so bottle it up until the energy of the conversation dies down, the reality of the melting ice cream in her cart sets in, or a pending appointment starts to hit her. If you're conversing like there's no tomorrow [ed: the smoothest phrase] by all means continue and hold off Galnuc a bit. Otherwise, you can start it as soon as a minute or two after she has asked the first personal question.

Avoid going into Galnuc before the total approach time hits five minutes, even if she asks you a personal question right off the bat. The main reason is that we're in the business of getting dates and lays--not numbers--and just because you can get a number in a short amount of time doesn't mean you should. The longer your conversations go, the more likely you'll see the girl again, so even if you can do Galnuc[...]

3.5.5 ====Raid Boss: Daytime Girl==== [RDBDG01]
After you've started with your EO as described in the Tactics section, you'll want to wait at least five turns to start your Galnuc attack. If you can get a good series of combos in, don't worry about it, because the combo damage with a good multiplier is about equal to the damage Galnuc can do. Galnuc takes 2-5 turns to execute, and if you can't get a combo going, you want to start about a turn or two after she makes her first AoE attack.

And look at these diagrams! Ladies, try not to get too titillated by the secrets of male sexuality and ~seduction~.

Apparently a plan of the perfect coffee house for 'day game'.

More evidence for the idea that PUA is cargo cult/soulless imitation of human interaction

Edit/Epilogue:
Want to know more about Roosh V? Let's ask the Southern Poverty Law Center's hate site report.

Southern Poverty Law Center posted:

RooshV
Roosh Vörek is a Maryland-raised PUA (“pick up artist”) whose specialty is sex with foreign women; his blog is a sales vehicle for his books like Bang: The Pick Up Bible and Bang Iceland: How to Sleep With Icelandic Women in Iceland, which one Icelandic feminist group described as a “rape guide.” Vörek likes to talk about his many “notches” (seductions) and such things as “American cunts who I want to hate gently caress.” He adds: “I’ll be the first to admit that many of my bangs in the United States were hate fucks. The masculine attitude and lack of care these women put into their style or hair irritated me, so I made it a point to gently caress them and never call again.”

Double extra bonus content:
the man behind the masterpiece

Djeser has a new favorite as of 12:33 on Jun 5, 2013

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
God, it's like they think dating sims are accurate representations of the real world. You just have to go through the right dialogue options and you're rewarded with sex.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Stottie Kyek posted:

God, it's like they think dating sims are accurate representations of the real world. You just have to go through the right dialogue options and you're rewarded with sex.

Only 40% of the time! The other 60% of girls either have cocks, blood, lesbians, or diseases in their pussies so they don't want to gently caress right now, which means they don't want to talk to you because if they talk to you then they are obligated to gently caress you.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Djeser posted:

Only 40% of the time! The other 60% of girls either have cocks, blood, lesbians, or diseases in their pussies so they don't want to gently caress right now, which means they don't want to talk to you because if they talk to you then they are obligated to gently caress you.

Don't forget the bit where if they are with a guy, he is probably an arsehole. It's not like women should be treated as individuals or anything...

Also, what is it with guys with guitars?

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Djeser posted:

Double extra bonus content:
the man behind the masterpiece

Look at this man. Remember his face. Do not slow down if you see him crossing the street.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Djeser posted:

I bet he thinks that because tons of single, straight women have said "I have a boyfriend" or "I'm gay" just to get him to leave them alone, and he hasn't listened to them saying they're not interested.

Douginc
Mar 25, 2009
My head is going to explode from the abysmal advice from K-Mart brand pick up artists. Who the hell are these people? The instant you see the guy in the supermarket, if you have any pride as a man seeking knowledge, you should have clicked the red X.

The people who need advice on how to attract women are usually lower status males who need a lot of work (certainly the ones who would be taking the supermarket guy seriously). It's like making a video on an introduction on how to play football and beginning by talking about hook and curl routes - you need to first get in better shape and improve your overall abilities. The same applies for attracting the opposite sex - let's first begin by trying to make ourselves better people overall, then slowly learn more social skills. Not walk up to a woman in public and start dropping sexual innuendos (creepy is the kiss of death...DO NOT BE CREEPY should be the beginning of all dating advice...and all these guys screamed creepy).

I just don't know why these clowns decided to make videos - are there obese people making un-ironic fitness videos on YouTube?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
They don't want relationships. They want sex. Women are just moist holes you have to buy dinner for, but a girlfriend is like having a fleshlight you don't have to warm up so you can get a quickie in between raids.

Aside from everything else, PUAs are lazy shitheels, is what I'm saying.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

StandardToast posted:

My best friend does 'face-ups' (painting the dolls' faces, skin etc) for BJDs for some freelance money. She has had several different people ask her not only to blush the private parts of their dolls, but to add a clear gel-like paint to the labia to make it seem like they are wet. One of these requests was for a doll that looked like a child :stonk: She naturally said NO I HAVE STANDARDS SORRY. Apparently that's a thing people really do a lot in the BJD community. Shame, I really like the look of those dolls and they're made extremely intricately.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

cobalt impurity posted:

They don't want relationships. They want sex. Women are just moist holes you have to buy dinner for, but a girlfriend is like having a fleshlight you don't have to warm up so you can get a quickie in between raids.

Aside from everything else, PUAs are lazy shitheels, is what I'm saying.

The weird thing is, that PUA guy in the love shy documentary went on and on about how much sex he wants and yet he nearly vomits when he looks at a photograph of a vagina. That guy was some major walking contradiction who was at once obsessed with and terrified of women.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Benne posted:

Is Kingdom Hearts even a "thing" anymore?

A bunch of the first games are being re-released in a few months on PS3, that's about it really.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Unskilled Labour posted:

Maybe he's cosplaying as Marge Simpson for a joke or lost a bet?

Maybe he picked that costume and dragged his poor wife to a convention while laughing all the way on the drive over saying how crazy he was for being Marge Simpson

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

Djeser posted:

Apparently a plan of the perfect coffee house for 'day game'.

This is the problem with 99% of MRA/PUA people: the idea that you have to wait to ask the woman out, that your self-esteem is so fragile that you don't dare make that first step on your own and risk a fatal blow to your psyche that will spiral you down into a deep chasm of depression.

"I don't need to ask women out, them bitches flock to me." :smug: "Wait, you don't want to talk to me? Haha, you must be gay."

Castle Bidimar
Mar 27, 2012

by T. Finninho

Dr Scoofles posted:

The weird thing is, that PUA guy in the love shy documentary went on and on about how much sex he wants and yet he nearly vomits when he looks at a photograph of a vagina. That guy was some major walking contradiction who was at once obsessed with and terrified of women.

They want to take power over the thing that terrifies them in order to assuage that fear? Not exactly a contradiction.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Castle Bidimar posted:

They want to take power over the thing that terrifies them in order to assuage that fear? Not exactly a contradiction.

It's possible, but I doubt that's really it. More likely it's just they've got an obsession with "getting sex" with no grasp of the details about that entails. Sex is just this vague concept - something really good that they think they've just got to have in order to be happy.

I've also noticed a lot of these guys have really bizarre hang-ups and standards about how women are supposed to look, which might be a factor in his vagina phobia.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I am far more fascinated by people's dissection of PUA and the like than I should be. Have there been any threads on them on SA? For some reason I've got it in my head that it's a topic it's banned to make threads about.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Some guy (A professed PUA, no less) just made one in E/N (yesterday or day before) but it got shunted off to the comedy gaschamber within a few hours.

If you really care here's the thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552893

Sloober has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Jun 5, 2013

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.

Lethemonster posted:

I am far more fascinated by people's dissection of PUA and the like than I should be. Have there been any threads on them on SA? For some reason I've got it in my head that it's a topic it's banned to make threads about.

theres an old thread in the helldump goldmine but idk how it's held up to "not being 2007 anymore"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sloober posted:

Some guy (A professed PUA, no less) just made one in E/N (yesterday or day before) but it got shunted off to the comedy gaschamber within a few hours.

If you really care here's the thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3552893

But that was Koos trolling?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I've always said that if I had the ability to write horrible Kindle erotica, or make dragon dildos and fursuits for money, I probably would. Everyone has kinks, someone has to supply them with what they need, and we've shown in this thread that you can make good money at it. Some of that fursuit stuff takes real talent to make, and I can appreciate that.

But the one thing I would never loving do would be to write PUA literature, regardless of the potential income. All that other poo poo I talked about stops at the consumer (or is used with like-minded people, i.e. furries). PUA by it's very nature is designed to be forced upon unsuspecting women by men who have no concept of social interaction. Sure you can make a buck at it, but at the expense of thousands of these women. Not worth it.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Darth123123 posted:

But that was Koos trolling?

So it seems! I didn't keep up with it much beyond seeing the whole PUA spin. It's not a very interesting thing to me!

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

Lethemonster posted:

I remember that not too long after I joined there was an A/T thread on the subject. It...got a bit heated. You may still be able to find it with archives.

StandardToast
Feb 13, 2012

Suzuki Method posted:

My best friend does 'face-ups' (painting the dolls' faces, skin etc) for BJDs for some freelance money. She has had several different people ask her not only to blush the private parts of their dolls, but to add a clear gel-like paint to the labia to make it seem like they are wet. One of these requests was for a doll that looked like a child :stonk: She naturally said NO I HAVE STANDARDS SORRY. Apparently that's a thing people really do a lot in the BJD community. Shame, I really like the look of those dolls and they're made extremely intricately.

Well that's creepier than I originally anticipated. I'm sure if I'd had the money for one back then I would have bought one because I still think they're gorgeous, but now I'd feel like a weirdo, knowing what people do/want with those dolls... :ohdear:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Does anyone have those pictures of the bigger woman "just being casual" while posing with a rock? I loved those pictures so much and want to see them again.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Why the hell do you ask if she's half German?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bean posted:

He hates American women. Because they aren't up to his high standards (they wouldn't date in high school). So for revenge he only goes after American women if he can damage them emotionally (gently caress them and leave them).

I wish I could say I made any of this up. :sigh:

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

Shwqa posted:

He hates American women. Because they aren't up to his high standards (they wouldn't date in high school). So for revenge he only goes after American women if he can damage them emotionally (gently caress them and leave them).

I wish I could say I made any of this up. :sigh:
How does that tie in to being German? :godwinning:?

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

Bean posted:

Is that what's going on? Because I read it as "Wait for a girl to ask [about] you [one of these] personal question[s]" and I was hung up on "Wait do women go around asking douchebags in Dating Simland if they're half-German?"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

huhu posted:

How does that tie in to being German? :godwinning:?

A lot of 80s army vets I work with swear by them being much lustier than the average American lady but they are generally full of poo poo about everything else so who knows,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Yargh posted:

Is that what's going on? Because I read it as "Wait for a girl to ask [about] you [one of these] personal question[s]" and I was hung up on "Wait do women go around asking douchebags in Dating Simland if they're half-German?"

I thought those were, like, levels of conversion you progress through once she's shown some interest in you?

I assume you ask if she's half-German because it's something vaguely quirky she probably doesn't hear much, and she's all "haha that's so weird, why would you think that" and you say "oh you look vaguely Germanic/I can't place your accent, where are you from/I was in Germany recently and a lot of them had their hair like that/whatever".

It's like showing a vague interest in them and having a conversation, but what you really want to do is plan it all out in the weirdest, awkwardest way possible.

• Locked thread