Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Mazir, the Elysian Sands

Mazir and his Iron men wandered fruitlessly around the city, but to no avail, whenever it would appear they were close, the source would vanish and be somewhere else. His iron men were slower as well, but he didn't dare leave them behind in case they were needed. After reaching a fifth dead end, Mazir, in a rare display, let out a loud groan of frustration, only for his iron men to hear. He was he supposed to conquer the world, id he couldn't even find a stray.

Sinking to his knees, he punched the sandy ground in frustration, letting his fist sink into the loose sand on the ground. Suddenly inspiration hit him as he drone his other fist into the sand.

Yes...Yes this might work nicely he though as he began to channel his two powers to try and use the sands themselves to locate the wayward souls, or at least hone in on where people were where they should not have been. As he concentrated, he felt the tendrils of power begin to extend through the sands as they shifted slightly as his powers sought to detect his foes.

Using the sands themselves to find the outsiders and differentiate them. [+2 Sand] and [+2 Divine Magic]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Rathin Stonewill

Keri picked up the sword and looked at it curiously. She picked it up, held it and tried to copy the way her mate held it. Her stance and grip were not particularly good by any means, but she was at least holding it firmly and she looked up at Rathin with eyes that were piercing. He could tell she was sizing him up, and seeming to have decided that she probably could not manage to injure him struck with as much force as she could muster. The blow was quick and for the woman, vicious which caught Rathin off guard and made him step back a single pace. She smiled triumphantly and cried out; "Then remember never to underestimate a woman either!"

Before Rathin could react properly he found some dirty rags forced into his arms and a trio of woman suddenly bossing him around. "If we're going to learn to fight, if women and men are to be equal with the Orcs, then you will need to learn how to keep your own belongings Rathin." She added as the rest of the women and a few men crowded around her.

Well, fires always blazed brightest when you first stoked them. She'd settle down a little and be more manageable after a while.

Success, Keri is going to take a leadership role with the women and help you mould them a bit. She's not ever going to be entirely subservient, just as you want, but she's not going to be outright disobedient or troublemaking either. Just a bit fiery, which is what you seemed to want.

The Imperial Throneroom of Eosia

Throneroom Throwdown posted:

Attack +6 Divine: 2d6+6 13
Defence +6 Divine: 2d6+6 14

The Horse will not be repaired in time to be involved in this action, and as Ilvis acts before people can react I'll let her attack Edo directly this round. Any further attacks will involve a mess of proxies as a warning.

Attack +6 Divine: 2d6+6 13 (+2 for mysterious helper) The helper is Beltheus's proxy

As this isn't a direct attack per se, I'm going to give the action to Edo as he managed to meet Ilvis' original attack as a difficulty check.

Civar tried to caution Ilvis just as he healed the Horse. His magic helped restore the steed as he began to fiddle with it when Eisner made his move. Decrying Edo just as he tried to resurrect the Emperor Johrset he used his power over space to bypass the barrier entirely. Edo and the Magisters were taken by surprise as the Arandian knight brandished his sword, glowing incandescent white as he stepped past the barrier directly in front of Edo. For the fisherman from Blackwater time seemed to slow for a moment as the knight appeared right in front of him. He could almost smell the man's breath and the iron rusty smell of armour worn all the time. Then time returned to its normal pace as the knight put his sword through Edo's gut. Everyone held their breath as he pulled the blade back out.

However Edo did not collapse, the flames of the sword did not glow brighter than the aura of the sun that come from his body, he healed the wound even as the blade withdrew and he used magic to instictively shift the blade from a lethal course. He felt like he was about to lose control of it when someone in the room gave him a kind of nudge. Luckily just in time he managed to properly bridge the gap between the mortal world and Beltheus' domain and channel the soul that was seeking to return back to the body. Finishing the spell by sealing the Emperor's wound the glow began to fade. Emperor Jorshet of Eosia coughed weakly as his heart began to beat once again. Almost immediately before he could react some of the Magisters and a priest rushed forward to spirit away the revived Emperor before Eisner could strike again.

However before he was out of sight completely, Ilvis, Civar and Edo all saw him open his eyes. There was no trace of red in them at all, unlike before.

Okay, Civar succeeds in healing the horse but frankly this takes a backstage to Ilvis' action. However on the plus side that gives him the time and lack of attention to do it without interference.

Beltheus

Beltheus arrives in an island named Mirn. It is an island kingdom that has built on the soils of an old and barely active volcano, old enough that it does not threaten the land and young enough to ensure bountiful harvests. From what he finds out Mirn is a turbulent kingdom with many old traditions that cause fractious infighting between the peasants and the nobility. The last civil war had been lead by a man named Kovar, a Weapon Master who had betrayed his king and order. He was exiled and cast out into the sea, and had surely died by now. Or so it was said. Mirn was a kingdom of prideful men and women, which was what lead to the continuing cycle of conflict.

Before he lands though, Beltheus feels a soul in his care leave his domain.

I've discussed what you felt with you already, but the Emperor now lives again, even if you do not know the exact situation.

Kovar (Taeless, Over-Sellow)

Kovar had a lot of trouble getting the berries to grow, at least until he discovered the magic ingredient so to speak. Once everything was set they had to set the bushes on fire, which catalysed the growth of the berry bushes. In a few days the plants would be fully matured and ready for use.

Success. Also get ye out of Sellos and over to the Sun Plains already like you keep on saying you will. GET!

Octagon (Val Aman, Val Setin)

Taking in hand his queen for a day to take a break from her work, Octagon worked his power into the brood she was gestating within her sac. The next batch would be born ready to begin to create and tend to the Webway. He also prepared a hibernation cocoon for the nascent brood, so that they could be placed there and put into a deep metabolic sleep until the Webways paths were ready.

Success

Octagon receives an Arrani messenger from Elkud the next day, confirming that his work in Val Lichett had been successful. The operation had gone off without too many issues, although Elkud noted that the transformation toxin seemed to be less effective this time and the total rate of conversion was less successful. It had been successful on a number of individual subjects he had needed along the way, but once it had come to the mass transformation of the cityfolk into Arrani it had not worked with the same potency as in Val Setin. This was concerning and confusing, as Octagon was sure that the toxin had been identical in every meaningful way to the first batch he had created. Without more information as to what might influence it, Octagon was left to wonder how effective it would be in further cases away from Val Setin.

Elkud had also noted that there were a trio of men that seemed to behave like wolves at times. They had been running from someone and he had seen them not only turn into wolves, but also into a creature partway between a wolf and a man. Their strength and agility had been fearsome indeed, but they had a wild and distressed nature to them as they had ran into Taeless and away from Val Aman.

Farro Kapersi (Elysian Sands, Elysia)

Farro could feel the sticky snare of the trap slide over him and Lydia as they ran back to Lydia's room and the gate. Opening it once again he took Lydia through and crossed into the Hall of Broken Arrows. Elice was waiting for them on the other side of the gate, although Lydia did not recognise her at all. She looked at her child with a faint regret in her eyes and spoke to Farro softly.

"Thankyou for rescuing her. Please, give her the family and safety that I could not."

Then Elice moved away and left the very confused Lydia and Farro alone in the hall. Already one of the coffins in the hall had been filled. One of the arrows had fallen.

Success, Farro manages to escape Mazir's grasp.

Mazir (Elysian Sands)

Mazir completed his magic and sent it into the sands. However eventually all the sands led to a room in the rock faces, one that belonged to an escaped slave girl from Harlakake. No one really knew her name, Lisette? Laura? But they had seen her talk with a stranger in the bar for a moment. He had the look of a Taelesian on him, although no one knew any more than that. The real question was how had they escaped? When Mazir used his spell it always lead back to the same place, the room where she had lived.

At the same time his army awaited his command.

Success, however because Farro gained a new trait I let him reroll and he got past your spell this time. Normally though forcing rerolls is not a good way to succeed on an action you've already failed on.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Adam and Kovar

quote:

Adam: Nighttime in Sellos was always a treat, but it went double for what went on under it. Cries of merry making (coupled in with the occasional rather physical drunken brawl) raced all the way to the entrance of the soon to be glorious city, and especially to the armed guards standing around it. Not that Adam minded - the armed guards were a new addition, to give each dwarf a chance to see the sunlight every now and then, remind them that the sky did exist, and that it was needed to live. It was also a good way to keep track of the trading caravans when they came to the mountain, with one of the guards always down to note and record what they wanted.

Adam: Mostly though, it was a good place to come out for a smoke.

Kovar: Out of darkness, Kovar's shining eyes appear first, and soon the rest of the general was visible as he walks into the light thrown out by the one-time entrance to the mind. Meeting up here had become something of a ritual. Kovar made it a point to do it daily, especially after the change that had come over Adam, and so in another near daily ritual Kovar asks, "Are you ready to leave yet?"

Adam: "Eh?" He turned to face the man, his mentor for the last two months, his eyes slightly glassy, as if his mind was far away. "Oh... Ah.. Kovar. I hadn't felt you approach. Which is strange considering how loud your footsteps can be around here. Ah. The trip. Sorry, I was distracted. I have said my peace to my people, and I believe I am ready to make haste with the sunrise... if that is an appropriate time for you"

Kovar: "I'm ready to leave at a moment's notice, I've set aside a letter for Burd containing instructions, and things are set to continue in my absence." He pauses for a moment looking at Adam's distant expression, "You seem a bit distracted, are you alright?"

Adam: There was a short stiffening in Adam's back at the mention of Burd, but he relaxed almost instantly. "Oh aye..." he said, physically shuttering. "More than just alright lad. I went well away from just alright a wee few moments ago. Now I ken honestly say, I'm ruddy ecstatic."

***Kovar is somewhat concerned both by Adam's reaction to the mention of Burd and his response to the question, "Oh? Under-Sellos is coming along well then? I know you had been concerned about the new instinct you'd gained, but I'm glad to see you were able to find some peace in your efforts."

Adam: "I assure ye Kovar," he turned to face him again, his eyes sparkling in the starlight. "The last thing that is on anyone's mind is Peace."

Kovar: Now Kovar went from somewhat concerned to fully concerned, "What do you mean? It's been as peaceful as ever here, unless there is something I've not noticed."

Adam: "Aye, here it is..." he said, closing his eyes, and in a strange turn, seemed to almost purr. "Here, in Sellos, we're as peaceful as we can be." He looked up at the sky. "But I can feel it coming Kovar. I can feel ye prophecy ringing true. Te da west, the east, the north, the south... I can feel it. It rings through my body, boils my blood, excites me more than any ruddy woman in a short skirt and decent stockings ever could. It's war, Kovar... It's out there. It's calling me."
Kovar: "Well, my advice is to tread carefully, I've seen many a young man be consumed by the rush of combat, and it rarely ends well for them."

Adam: "Bah!" he said, a wild smile on his face. "Won't ya let me enjoy my moment? Heck.. can't ya feel it Kovar? Yer a General aye? Ye must feel some of this too. The stench of war itself, washing over ya. Is this what it's like ta be in battle? Ta face a foe? "

Kovar: "I've felt the rush of combat, but I've learned to temper it. This feeling is part of it, but it's dangerous because it lacks the other vital component. When you are in battle, facing down your enemies, you not only feel the rush of life, but the specter of death, ever haunting over you. Those who ignore that specter, who let their emotions control them end up doing stupid reckless things that get them and their comrades killed."

Adam: He laughed, moving up to Kovar, still grinning. "Aye, death. In a glorious battle amongst ya enemies. That risky gamble ya place when ye put your lives on the line, and face an opponent with nothing but ya belief that he will die, and you wont. Ya make it sound like it's a bad thing. It's what drives certain men ta live. Ta feel alive." He paused, cocking his head. "Strangely, it kinda feels the same like running a trading company sometimes..."

Kovar: "I've made my name, and my career at keeping myself and my men alive. It's easy to be blase about death when you've never lost anyone. What happens, however, when death comes to someone you care about because of a decision you've made? Be careful Adam, the way you talk, I'm genuinely concerned you're going to go out and get yourself or maybe your people killed." It's clear from his voice that this is a topic that strikes close to home.

Adam: His brow furrows, and he stares up at the form of his friend. "Your battles are your own, Kovar. Do not come to my village, tell me of war, show me it's path, then suddenly tell me of consequences."

Kovar: "I've never hid the cost of war from you or Sellos. Why do you think I'm so focused on discipline, why I drill it into my trainees like their lives depend on it? Why have I spent so much time training the people here while they were safe? Many would have already tried to take them into battle. War is a part of life, it's often necessary, but that doesn't mean you don't do everything in your power to keep your people alive when the fighting's done. I'm a warrior, war is in my blood, but that doesn't mean I should be blinded by it."

Adam: He seemed about to snap something back at him, but pauses, then takes a breath, closing his eyes. When they open again, they are focused, no longer far away. "I stepped out of line there Kovar. I apologise. It has been a tiring day." He rubbed his forehead, and took a breath. "We must leave soon... I would like to be away from my people while these battles take place, even for a little while. I fear I might be rubbing off on them."

Kovar: "There's nothing to apologize for, these changes to us are new and powerful, it's natural we'd get carried away at times. I don't know what'd I have done when I gained the power over fire, or to strengthen others if I hadn't spent a lifetime learning to keep myself under control even in the heart of battle."

Kovar: It's part of what I wanted this trip to be about, to share those lessons, the ones I learned from my mistakes with you, so you wouldn't have to lose what I lost to learn them. I, more than anything, want you to be able to control and safely integrate these changes rather than being swallowed up by them."

Adam: "Nay... Control ain't the issue fer me... It's like when the lads made the a crown. that sense of elation. It's a good thing. It makes me strong. What I need is fer people to stop fighting all the time for a while, that will sort me out. Sorry, what am I saying," he shakes his head. "We should get ready. I'll be packed and ready to go by the morning. Is that alright?"

Kovar: "I can leave as soon as you want." Kovar smiles. "I really am serious about the importance of self-discipline though, I think it would help you immensely. But, we can talk about that later, for now just do what you need to do." He realizes that it will take some time to try and convince Adam that discipline really is so important, because if what Adam said earlier is true, there will be much more fighting before peace truly comes again to this world.

Adam: "Aye." He stretched. Meet you at the gates in the morning. gotta get back in and make sure Bridgette hasn't started making the men fight for her. Again." He flashed a toothy grin, and started to walk back to the entrance.

Kovar heads back to the room he had been staying at, and finishes his preparation. He’d stop by the storehouse on the way out of the city in the morning to pick up the traveling supplies he’d had set aside for their journey, enough dried food and water to help them get to the plains, and some hunting tools to help them supplement it. The last thing he did before he went to sleep was to set aside the letter he had written Burd, it contained general instructions for continuing to trait the townspeople, and some generalized battle plans for the most likely threats Kovar could see. Lastly, and most importantly, it listed the time each night that they both would meditate in order to allow them to communicate daily no matter how far Kovar traveled from Sellos. He also threw in a gambit to grab his attention in case of emergencies. If the general felt a sudden influx of prayer, he’d know to try and connect with Burd immediately.

Now all that was left to do was head to sleep, the next morning would be a busty one.

---

Dawn had come to Sellos, and Adam was waiting on the outskirts of upper Sellos before the first streaks of light had begun to grace the sky. He was dressed in his travel gear, his tunic and trousers with a workman’s belt holding everything together. A few new additions was the hanging helmet on his belt, along with what seemed to be an overly well wrapped axe strapped to his travel pack.

He stretched, taking a seat on a conveniently placed rock, and took to watching the sunrise until Kovar could make an appearance, occasionally looking to the west, a satisfied sigh on his lips. He knew Kovar would be here soon, and they would begin their trek to the Sun Plains. Strangely, his usual worry of leaving home was gone - probably because he was sure an axe capable of slicing through rock would keep him safe from yet another bandit ambush - and was filled with a sense of excitement. He had heard of the sun plains from his brothers, but never ever thought he would leave his home country. Hell, until two months ago, we was content with never leaving Sellos. Strange how things worked out.

Kovar arrived soon after, laden with supplies, wearing a set of armor Adam had given him a week or two before, a coat of arm he had described to the dwarf emblazoned upon the breastplate. Behind him padded Lehoi, the lion looks at Adam for the moment, as if sizing him up, then falls in behind its master. Kovar smiles, “Ready to go?”

Adam grins, taking a moment to tap the wrapped axe firmly onto his pack. “Oh aye. Very. Let’s go find trouble.”

And so... THE TREK TO THE SUN PLAINS BEGINS!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Civar "I hope Aideen's okay" Kit'An (Eosia, Eosis, throne room, throne dais, in a dome)

I wanted to groan when Eisner attacked. Without either me or his steed. But there wasn't any time for hysterics, I had to get us both out of here before things got any more out of hand: "It's a trap! Stop letting him goad you into attacking. You're supposed to be better than this! Or at least smarter. You've neatly surrounded yourself for them!"

Every wise guy should be so lucky as to have Puppies for a straight man - thanks!

no action yet

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Edo, throne room

Caught up in the incredibly complicated flows, Edo can do nothing about Ilvis' breakout, and little more about his stabbing. But as soon as the spell is over, he smacks the sword away with his palm. A faint line of blood appears briefly in the shape of the blade before healing immediately.

As the emperor is hustled from the room, Edo nods in recognition that at least the idiot is out of harm's way for now. Then, he turns the full force of his anger on the assassins. "So this is how you keep your promises, is it? Promise to leave and stop the army, and as soon as my back is turned you try to murder me, too?"

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Farro Kapersi - Hall of Broken Arrows, Terminus
Update 13

(10:42:51 PM) ***Farro exhales and his shoulders slump. That had been far too eventful for his liking. But now he had to deal with the HARD part. But first, Lydia needed some time to calm down. He vaguely waved at one of the sarcophagi on the opposite wall and mentioned she could sit if she pleased.

(10:45:02 PM) ***Farro reaches over the recently filled sarcophagus and traces his finger over the name. Kelso, one of the younger ones. Probably not much older than Lydia's age. He'd sent a naive young man to his death, even if Kelso had been willing. It wouldn't have bothered him so much before. But with his newfound powers, especially the love he received from Elice, his sense of empathy was much more developed than it had been in his darker days.

(10:46:18 PM) Nenji: Lydia looks around and then asks in a small voice. "Where...where are we Farro? How did we get here?"

(10:47:27 PM) Farro: "It's called Terminus. It's a... I guess you could call it a gift from my employer. Or a payment, I don't really know. Whatever it is, it's mine. Home, I suppose."

(10:48:45 PM) Farro traces his finger over the Sign below the name. Whoever had brought Kelso here would have left a message, probably relating to the cause of his death. Or at least where they found him.

(10:51:50 PM) Nenji: "Here lies Kelso. He fled the spider monsters from Val Setin, only to find Val Lichett being overrun. His valour alerted us to the works of the monster Octagon, self-styled ruler of Arrani.

(10:54:21 PM) ***Farro frowns. Arrani? It wasn't familiar to him. And while he held no real love for Val Lichett, it was his birthplace. If this Octagon was the same as Mazir and himself, he would have to be very careful how he proceeded with any investigation. He looks back over his shoulder at Lydia; she was staring down the corridor at the seemingly endless rows of stone boxes. He shook his head and turned around, leaning back against Kelso's resting place, and crossed his arms.

(10:56:30 PM) Farro: "Alright kid, now that we're not in imminent danger, we need to talk. First things first, if you got questions now is the time to ask them." He didn't expect her to be in great mental shape after they had THAT talk. The one he was obviously stalling for.

(11:01:49 PM) Nenji: "How did you know my mum?"

(11:05:52 PM) Farro: "Passing acquaintance. I was down here, probably a month and a half ago at this point? Anyways, I was down here looking to contact my benefactor. Tall guy, brown hair, unearthly radiance. Goes around wearing beat beggar's clothes for some reason. Bit of a jackass."

(11:06:09 PM) Farro: "He might show up at some point, seems to like coming around when things get real bad."

(11:06:14 PM) Nenji: "So...why did you rescue me then? If you barely knew my mother?"

(11:07:50 PM) Farro: "Getting to that. Well, far as I can tell, my benefactor isn't from around here. Here meaning this world. No, I don't know what the even implies. So predictably, me being the ignorant cutthroat I am, I needed help reaching across whatever the hell was between me and him."

(11:08:48 PM) Farro: "Roughed up an old contractor who owed me a favor, he said the best bet was some sort of crazy ritual the old folks 'round here used to to the "talk to their gods." Pointed out a good spot, some ruins about a day's walk from your hometown."

(11:09:49 PM) Nenji: "What are you even talking about? You made us go THROUGH some metal man thing, took us somewhere else and start talking about people. You have to be a wizard."

(11:12:52 PM) Farro: "It's more complicated than that, apparently. So this fellow, ah, his name is 'Anmiel' by the way, when he first showed up to me up in Taelos he mentions a bunch of hogwash about me having some mysterious power. Turns out I've got power over Contracts. Agreements, jobs, that sort of thing. But it isn't magic, it's something else."

(11:13:37 PM) Nenji: "Okay. So what does this have to do with my mum?"

(11:16:20 PM) Farro: "Well I was trying to get to that. So I head into Amast-Bevy looking for some assistants. The ritual was some kind of sacrifice, but Anmiel was a little skeevy about blood sacrifice. Said it had to be done willingly. So I think, we'll sacrifice something of equal value. Me and a bunch of other people, we go there and pledge our lives to making the world right. Bringing Order to this place, all that feelgood poo poo."

(11:17:15 PM) Farro: "Ran into your mother at the tavern. We both recognized we were in the same, ah, trade. It's something you pick up on if you're good enough to survive long in the business. So she comes over to mark me, figure out what I'm doing on her turf."

(11:17:59 PM) Nenji: Every time discusses other people she kind of starts to blank out. It seems that if he wants to get her to understand, he should probably couch it in terms of his relationship to his mother.

(11:18:42 PM) ***Farro sighs again.

(11:20:35 PM) Farro: "Alright, here's the short of it. Met your mother, hired her to round up the willing ne'er do wells in the town for an easy job, good pay. We meet up in a clearing in the forest, I give my big fancy speech about redemption and doing good, yadda yadda.

(11:21:44 PM) Farro: "She turns to me and asks me if I'll enter a Contract with her to protect her daughter. Which surprised everyone by the way, you were apparently a well kept secret. Well, she's good at what she does. I need the help, so I agree to help you in exchange for her devotion to my goal."

(11:22:50 PM) Nenji: "I see. I always thought she was dead."

(11:24:13 PM) Farro: "Not dead. Been working to get the money to buy you back. They ran her out of Harlakake so she had to come back here. And there's not much wealth to go around these parts."By the way, my memory gets a little fuzzy around this part. But as far as I can tell..."

(11:24:47 PM) Nenji: "So, can I meet my mother then?"

(11:25:47 PM) ***Farro closes his eyes. How many men had he killed, villages plundered and burned, but he couldn't stand to see this?

(11:26:12 PM) Farro: "Yes and no. In a way, you already have. She was the one who greeted us when we arrived here."

(11:26:28 PM) Farro: *He pinches the bridge of his nose.

(11:26:44 PM) Nenji: "What"

(11:27:09 PM) Farro: "See, after we made that deal, for me to protect you, she went and stabbed herself in the gut. Died on the spot. Or, did something akin to dying. It's over my head."

(11:30:40 PM) Farro: "So then the Arch opens, and she's in it with Anmiel. In this place. Which is the afterlife I guess? I'm still not clear on that bit."

(11:31:14 PM) Nenji: "So we're dead now?" She asks slightly shrilly.

(11:32:10 PM) Farro: "I'm pretty sure we aren't. Anmiel said this is like, my own little part of his home...place. In any case I've been in and out of it a few times, so if I'm dead it's hard to tell."

(11:32:26 PM) Farro: "Doesn't feel any different."

(11:34:03 PM) Farro: "And I also inherited something from your mother in that moment. The way Anmiel tells it, she gave me her love. Not in the romantic sense of the word. She literally sacrificed her love in it's totality, and for you most of all, to me. So I could better protect you."

(11:34:47 PM) Farro: "Which I suppose is why she didn't speak with you for very long. She knows she's your mother, but there's... a hole where that emotional connection was, I suppose."

(11:34:59 PM) Farro: "It's all very over my head."

(11:36:14 PM) Nenji: "I...I don't understand. But, I think, I think I would like to see my mother. Even if she's not really my mum anymore. I can't remember what she looked like."

(11:37:31 PM) Farro: "Well, there's the Elice that greeted us. Where she is, I'm not sure. And there's the Elice here. In the Hall. *He nods over his right shoulder* She's in the first one, to my right here."

(11:38:28 PM) Farro: "I couldn't leave her out in the middle of the woods, and this place sort of popped up when I thought about what to do with her. This room, I mean."

(11:38:31 PM) Nenji: "She's...in two places...at once?"

(11:39:26 PM) Farro: "Parts of her, at least. There's the body, and there's whatever is left. The soul, I suppose. But I don't think it's that simple to explain."

(11:39:43 PM) Farro: "And I don't have the answers."

(11:39:49 PM) Farro: "Speaking of answers..."

(11:40:42 PM) ***Farro looks up and calls out- "Sparkly, if you're around getting your jollies I sure could use some assistance with the metaphysics. You too, Elice."

(11:40:58 PM) ***Farro turns to Lydia.

(11:41:04 PM) Farro: "No idea if that's gonna work."

(11:44:53 PM) Nenji: There is a very long and awkward pause

(11:47:35 PM) Nenji: The pause continues.

(11:47:45 PM) Farro: "Yeah, figures. Told you he's a dick. Anyways, I own the house but the residents don't come in the package."

(11:47:46 PM) Nenji: It does not seem like either of them are going to assist right now.

(11:48:18 PM) Farro: "So the best I can do is show you the body. If you really think you want that."

(11:49:08 PM) Nenji: "No I think not." She says quickly.

(11:49:14 PM) Nenji: You notice Lydia looks quite thin.

(11:50:31 PM) Farro: "Don't blame you. Exit's that way, the courtyard is less, uh, solemn."

(11:50:39 PM) ***Farro follows her out.

(11:55:59 PM) Farro: "So that's that. Now you're here, and you're safe. I would argue you're safer here than anywhere else I could take you, but I won't make you stay. I’ll get on the task finding you a safe place to live, but for now, here’s best. There's food, a bed, clothes, all that in the building behind you."

Lydia would probably have been somewhat startled by the appearance of a fair sized domicile, seeming carved from a single massive piece of rosy marble had she seen it happen behind her. On the other hand, she’d been through so much in the last 24 hours, and she was probably so exhausted both physically and emotionally, that it might not have phased her at all. Either way, Farro felt it best to not give it a test.

“You’re exhausted. Get some rest, I’ve got some minor tasks to take care of around here.” Lydia nodded silently and walked away, vanishing into the building.

This was turning out to be one hell of a favor. After all, he couldn’t be watching over Lydia’s shoulder every second of every day. No, she was going to need to learn how to protect herself (to a reasonable extent, at least). That probably wouldn’t be much of an issue, Farro himself had plenty of experience both in avoiding any trouble following him and if it came down to it, killing said trouble. The search for a safe location would take time anyways, and that was the hard bit. Obviously he couldn’t be tracking down a safe location if he was here tutoring and protecting Lydia. He’d have to leave that up to the other Arrows as a secondary objective on their reconnaissance runs.

Farro walked into the center of the courtyard, close to the three Arches (strange, he thought, how they had entered Terminus in the Hall but the actual Arch to Elysia was here. The Gate of Flight.) In the middle of the area, he held his hand out over the ground, and willed a black monolith, about as wide as a man, to rise from the floor and up towards his hand. The Arrows needed a sort of central bulletin board, and this would do nicely. He slid his finger over the monolith, inscribing his Sign and a message: “We’ve recovered Elice’s daughter, Lydia. She’s quartered in the building opposite of the Arches, feel free to talk with her when you have a moment. Most of you knew Elice better than I did, and she’s interested in hearing about her mother. We need to find her a safe place to bunker down in, keep an eye open. Elysia and Harlakake are no-goes. Sounds like most of Val Aman is as well. I’ll be investigating Val Lichett and the cause of Arrow Kelso’s death when this situation is taken care of. Keep your wits sharp, we’re not alone.”

His Sign completed, he placed his hands on either side of the black stone. Kelso’s demise had alerted him to the fact that his fellow Arrows needed more of his support in the days ahead. Channeling his power through the newly created obelisk, Farro attempted to bless his fellow Arrows with an approximation of his newly found powers of stealth- they would be harder to detect and more easily be able to escape potentially deadly situations.

Using Divine: Stealth [+2] to make the Arrows extraordinarily sneaky and good at running away when needs be. Also using Divine: Contracts [+2] to amplify and remotely apply the effect to them, as they are part of the Contract we all made to Order, as well as Divine: Love [+2] because Farro’s feeling that sweet, sweet motherly protection right now. He’s the best mommy!

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 9, 2013

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Mazir-Elysian Sands

Mazir and his iron men scrambled around the settlement searching for the trespassers, but to no avail. After another ten to fifteen minutes, he could feel the the presence vanish, the interlopers had escaped his grasp. Clenching his fist in anger, Mazir stormed down the boulavards, past the pond, and made his way back to the temple. Many of his followers were alreayd back there, and the rest he summoded by magically amplifying his voice. After a few more minutes he people were reassembled.

My fellows his voice boomed The interlopers have escaped our grasp. I know not how, but I have some suspicions, I belive that we may have been visited by a fellow with a power similar to mine. If that's the case, then we have not much time, we have no idea of where he might have taken off to, but every moment we delay, is another moment Harlakake might have a chance to fortify and make themselves difficult to take. Our time table will be upped slightly, finish packing and we will depart in one hours time, I have my maps, we can march a great distance at night, and rest during the hot parts of the day. We can reach the city in good time and take it before they can prepare.

Do not dispare, our prize is till in reach, we merly must be alert and if strength is to triumph, then alertness was always going to be important. Prepare to march, march for glory, march for power, MARCH FOR THE SANDS!

Moving my forces out to Harlakake

[+4 Intelligence] Using my maps and my knowledge of the area to maximize our effectiveness marching and resting during optimal times (i.e resting during the heat of the day, marching when it's cooler).

[+2 Charisma] Giving my men a motivational speech before we march.

[+4 Magic] Two fold. Using it to amplify my speech like I usually do, and I'm also using my magics to help sustain my men on their march. While we're experienced travelers of the Sands, I still want them to be fresh for the upcoming battle.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Mirn

Beltheus walks around Mirn, taking in the divided land. Interesting. Such a rich land, but so many conflicts. That's often the way of it, though, Beltheus knows. It seems that the more money a place had, the more problems it has too. He decides he has to dig deeper; to come to understand the place's traditions and customs, and what is causing the conflicts. To meddle in ignorance is to invite destruction.

Trying to figure out exactly what traditions and customs are causing the problems between the nobility and peasantry, Scholarship +4, Persuasion +2

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Octagon - Sicaria, capital of Arrahn

Octagon thanked the messenger for his news, and gave him a message to deliver to Elkud. "Congratulations on your success in Val Lichett, which we shall re-name Delena. The Val Aman of old is dead, and must make way for the rise of Arrahn. Inform our reborn brothers and sisters of their new status as my children. We shall send them breeding stock as soon as the first generations are ready. Until then, they are welcome begin culling the surrounding homesteads and small villages. A small tithe of this stock should be sent to the capital for conversion or... future experiments. The land is theirs, though the forest is home to killer walking trees, so I suggest they avoid it. Once the city is fully secured, return at your convenience."

That night, Octagon gathered the Arrani in the city square. By now, much of the city had been covered in vast webs of silk; structures formed from the stuff where human dwellings would not suffice, or stretched between towers and archways for ease of travel. Octagon stood at the center of the square, atop what was once a fountain commemorating art or some historical figure. The statue had been torn down for scrap, and the Spider Lord stood in its place.

"Fellow Arrani, my children, I have gathered you here to announce our latest victory; Val Lichett is ours. Scores of new brothers and sisters have been welcomed into our fold. Its lands are ripe for the picking. These are auspicious times! Val Setin fell, and has been reborn with its people; it is now Sicaria. Val Lichett has similarly been reborn as Delena. With this victory, Val Aman is dead, and upon its silk-wrapped corpse we shall feed, and grow strong. Out of the many, we shall forge an indivisible whole, capitulating to no-one. A new nation shall rise. A nation of Spiders; Arrahn."

-----

Some time later, Octagon returns to the church where the creature Beltheus first arrived in Val Setin. No, Sicaria. He could not have arrived through the city gates. No, he must have come from somewhere within the church. If Beltheus could appear from nowhere, why not he? Why not, indeed. A Grand Experiment, then. Octagon chose a nice, flat stone wall, unmarred by windows or alcoves, and began to layer a ten foot wide section of it in thick spidersilk. Stone he could not command, but silk? Surely that would be easier to bend to his will than anything man-made. Once that mat of silk was a solid inch thick, he stood before it, and clasped his hands in thought. Perhaps it could be commanded? Or perhaps it needs be molded, like his other experiments. Focusing his will, he trust his hands and his forelegs into the silk, attempting to pry open a portal or a doorway of some kind. To transform this simple silken wall into a silken path... to Delena, let's say.

This new glorious nation of spiders has been remade, carved from the corpse of decadent mankind; henceforth, this nation shall be called Arrahn. Its captial, Sicaria, shall be built upon the corpse of Val Setin. Delena shall rise from the ashes of Val Lichett.

I am going to try to create... a doorway! Or a portal! Or a tunnel! I don't know what I'm making I'm just trying it. Spider-Lord [+2] for using silk and my commanding presence, while Transformation [+2] to turn the silken wall into a silken... tunnel. Door. Something? Destination would be Delena, or perhaps a demense of my own! We'll find out!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Civar "Still Avoiding Collateral Damage" Kit'An (Eosia, Eosis, throne room, throne dais, in a dome)

drat. Was Eisner really going to leave me in here? While he got himself stabbed/magicked to death? There wasn't much I could do from inside this dome, so the first thing to do was to get out of it. Seizing hold of the local atmosphere I tried to increase the air pressure inside the dome while taking rapid breaths to keep my ears from popping. My eyes darted across the dome, looking for weak spots as the pressure built spotting a likely spot I strode to it and gently rapped Tinker's Treasure against it: "Tap, Tap, Tappity-tap." I just wanted to open a hole large enough to step through, not shatter it into dozens of flying magic shards.

Divine action - getting out of the dome +6
Weather +2 - put some pressure on the dome to reveal weaknesses
Order +2 - Focus on the weakness and unravel enough of the spell to step through without causing collateral damage
Tinker's Treasure +2 - the thing doing the opening

Hopefully the swordicorn will follow me out.

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Edo

Taking silence and the assassin's continued aggressive stance for an answer, Edo shakes his head with frustration and lashes out at the assassin with his own power. Edo combines an old spell for healing a limb withered from spiderbite with a complex shaping born of his own healing power. And then he reverses the two spells to inflict harm rather than heal it, adds in a flicker of tightly controlled heat from the fires of the sun to create a pathway through potentially supernaturally toughened skin and bone, and sends the flow of sickening energy directly into the assassin's face.

Perhaps an advanced case of polio would cure the assassin's madness.

I'm probably not going to be able to post before Puppies does and I haven't seen him on IRC, so given he seems to want to fight this out, here's Edo's attack. I assume Val and the magisters will also be throwing punches/fireballs Ilvis' way. Relevant qualities from Edo are +2 Divine Magic and +2 Divine Healing/Lifecrafting, with +2 Divine Sun to help burn through any special defences (such as metal armour and the like). The expected outcome is to make Ilvis too weak to use his sword effectively.

Defence would be the same qualities - Magic to slow or stop any attacks, Healing/Lifecrafting to instantly recover from wounds, and Sun to shine light in his eyes, set fire to his shoes, that sort of annoying thing.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Ilvis - Eosia, Eosis, throne room

"Ah, that solves the riddle right there then. He's a demon."

Wincing against the sudden flare of light, I whistle and reach out to Avenger in the distance.

"I'm coming Civar, regrouping's as good a plan as any given this latest twist. Avenger! Grab Civar!"

Sorry, busy weekend. I'll take a defensive (playing it cagey if we're using normal rules), and hook up with Civar/Swordicorn to action- gtfo at topmost speed. I can work the Swordicorn into a daring exit action scene right, maybe snag Civar along the way assuming LLSix doesn't object? This scene's the dumps.

+2 Sacred Sword: Defense, parry, block, cut through impediments, etc
+2 Justice: One of us here is a necromancer/demon, and the other is somebody trying to stop aforementioned necromancy. We gotta book it and spread the word, so that the people of the land can be warned about this whole demon/necromancy thing.
+2 Travel: Gotta get out, gotta go fast

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 3, 2013

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Wilhelm - Minburg, Arandia

It was apparent that verbal communication with those outside of Minburg was no longer of any use, though introducing them to communication through speed of thought may be able to create bridges instead of walls. If there is manipulation done on their minds, he is going to break it and return them to their natural state of mind. If there is simple misunderstanding, communication could lived the foggy veil that isolated Minburg from the rest of the country. There is one thing that Wilhelm knew everyone in Arandia happened to do, and he had the means of dispersal for his plan.

He sits down with a handful of dirt, churning it with his hands, and pauses to listen to it once, twice, three times. His pauses to listen shorten each time as he continues to work it through his fingers. His bees gather about him, humming and thrumming their simple song, before they begin lowering themselves down into the dirt to thrash and wiggle about in it. After taking on a load they lift off into the air to move on to other pastures and fields where the crops will be covered.

Creating some dirt that is sensitive to the hive mind, and using bees to spread it into surrounding village's food supplies. I'm going to be communicating with them to try to soothe their fears and/or break any divine tampering with my own powers. Using Hive Mind Usurper +2, Earth +2, and Insect Lord +2 to create, disperse, and exploit.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.
Rathin Stonewill Sunplains: Trekking/Oasis

Rathin ordered the camp to pack up and continuing heading back to the oasis. Vek walked along side and spoke of some Tribe matters, "Kiri is integrating the women well. She has started her own patrols and training. I've helped her where I can, but she has taken to her new role in the tribe suprisingly well."

Rathin nodded, "Good, Vek."

"I don't understand why the women are made to fight? It seems the tribal ways were always that the men hunt and the women clean and cook. Why the change?" Vek asked, curious and a little annoyed at the same time.

Rathin chuckled, "The Gazelle tribe was a peek back at my old life and I know I have to keep the Orc's true to that way of life." He paused a moment, "However, that life is not for everyone, and for a whole race of people it was inappropriate that they be bound to one way of life. After all, what works in the desert may not work in the plains. What works in the plains may not work in the jungle. What works in the jungle may not work at sea. We must be masters of adaptability."

Vek nodded, "That does make a strange bit of sense."

They plodded along until they reached the oasis again. Rathin walked up to the pond of water and called out the goddesses name as instructed to do by the Gazelle Tribe.

Going to try and summon the goddess of water or whatever she is! I will try:

Heart of the Tiger[+2] - Try to be calm and welcoming while calling out her name.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Adam and Kovar (The Sun Plains)

The Sun Plains were not what Adam or Kovar had expected. For Adam they were hot and dry with little to recommend them to a solid Dwarf like himself. There were no mountains, there were not even any real hills, there was an offensive showing of sky and the haze of the heat seemed to obscure the horizon like a curtain. Wearing armour was an unpleasant chore, as the heat beat down on him and made sticky and sweaty. Despite this discomfort, there seemed to be no other downside to wearing armour in the heat. Part of Adam felt fiercely proud about it, not only that as a Dwarf he was seen in a proper raiment but also that he was ready for a good battle regardless of the environment. Of course he could always take it off for his own comfort and for the sake of Kovar's nose if he chose, or had already chosen to. Adam also had to carefully ignore the urge to start a big and bloody fight whenever they met people.

Kovar for his part did not notice the heat much. When you had the power of fire within you the discomfort of the midday sun was not really comparable. As such Kovar was free to wear whatever he wished. For his own part though the plains were as different to Mirn as Sellos had been. Mirn was compact, it had people and animals and plants almost anywhere you went. It had some hills around the old fire mountain and even there life was relatively abundant. The Sun Plains were empty compared to the vibrancy of his home. There were herds of animals and grasses, but there was a stillness and tranquillity to it that was broken only by the occasional pack of Plainscats hunting Herdbeasts. Whenever you encountered people Adam also kept looking at the axe he wore, carefully wrapped up and never touched.

Both had bought supplies a number of days ago but those were going to run out soon. As they arrived at a certain watering hole, an unusual site for this season with abundant water and life they would need to hunt to replenish their food. Or they would need to organise an alternative.

Yes this is the same water hole Rathin was near recently. Wearing armour is possible for both of you, but it has discomforts attached. You're also
assuming you need food based on previous experience and your stomachs, you can try to go without if you want to find out the consequences.

The Imperial Throneroom of Eosia

Some Godlings duke it out posted:

Attack +6 Divine: 2d6+6 10
Defence +8 Divine: 2d6+8 15

Edo tries to strike at and weaken the Arandian knight Eisner Faust, but he is unable to do any meaningful damage as the knight begins to move quickly. First Ser Faust blinks inside of the sphere of magical energy containing the Horse and Civar, then he begins to blink away rapidly. They would ride a couple of paces and then the world would 'blink', after which they'd be a block or two from where they were. In a minute they'd caught up to and found Aideen, but this left them with a choice. Where did they go next? Soon enough the entire city would be out looking for them and there was the word that a force from Arandia was marching on Eisos even as they contemplated this.

Back in the palace, Edo could only watch as in seconds the knight escaped from him. Still, at the very least he had managed to undo what had been done and at the very least the Emperor was showing less sign of demonic taint. He did not have those red eyes. But Edo would need to speak with the man, for gap between them was the split in Eisos itself. The Arandian forces would be dangerous if they had more of the like of that knight with them, and Eosia would need all the defences it could muster to defeat them.

While you are all free to go chasing after one another, my suggestion is that you leave this for now and go to deal with your own issues that are coming to a head.

Farro

When he made the change Farro did not feel anything immediately, but then there was a kind of whispering in the back of his mind and a 'tug' on his power. While it wasn't obvious at the time, Farro would learn later that his Arrows could make some kind of an offer or prayer to him to gain his power of stealth to aid in their mission.

Lydia seemed to be exhausted and slept a long time, which made Farro think. In this place did time flow, could one tell day and night apart? And if not did he want it to be so.

Success, you've created the Prayer of Shadows, which allows your followers to tap into your stealth to fulfil their obligations.

Mazir

Mazir's speech is just what the troops and people needed, and it unites them against the Taelesians in Harlakake. With dreams of conquest and dominion in their hearts Mazir's army moves out into the desert, towards the distant peaks of the Val Titan mountains. The troops make good time thanks in part to Mazir's speech but also because many of them can now use their sand powers to at least make travelling in the desert easier. The Iron Men also provide shade for the troops, and despite their metal becoming hot in the sun, the constructs themselves did not care about the heat and it was insufficient to melt them.

It took a week to march to the border, twice as fast as a caravan would normally take to make the distance. Here Mazir paused as Nomad reigned in the troops. They needed to consider their strategy while they still had the element of surprise. Scouts reported that Harlakake had yet to mobilise any significant forces, they were unaware of what was waiting on the other side of the mountains.

Success, your speech decreases your travel time.

Beltheus

Mirn was not a large kingdom, the island was sizable for what it was but it did not compare to the likes of Eosia, Taeless, Konwey or Arandian states even. As such there was a closer relation between all the peoples of the island. Incest and inbreeding were naturally still taboo, that was one constant the world over at least, but there was less distinction in family lines. Most people could trace back to a member of worth for a couple of generations, which is where the problems began. Every time a new king ascended to the throne, he redefined the aristocracy, usually by making those key people who supported him nobles and casting out those who had opposed him. Class structures were confusing and often inconsistent being largely decided by whichever man sat upon the throne. The fluidity of the civil order encouraged a certain amount of discontent in the populace and Mirn kings spent a large amount of their reigns subduing uprisings against them.

When there was little difference between you and another man, especially when a generation ago your positions had been reversed or you would have been equals it was hard to suffer the yoke of others. The only neutral party in the affair were the Weaponmasters, who enigmatically remained impartial and only seemed to step in to prevent the population from being harmed. But then again, when there was so much conflict those that were skilled with arms became highly respected. The more Beltheus dug, the more he found that the Weaponmasters were pulling the strings in unexpected places. It was often a subtle touch, quiet words here and there without obvious intent from a respected and neutral person. Nor was it the majority of the Weaponmasters either, it seemed like only those senior Weaponmasters were a part of the continuing manipulation of Mirn.

Apparently it's all the Weaponmasters fault, along with Mirn being a relatively small and closely related nation. Success.

Octagon

Octagon made his door, fashioned it out of silk and power and then put his will to it. It was like trying to open a wall. So Octagon tried harder, forcing it until...

Until the door opened. What was on the other side was blackness. Void. Emptiness. Nothing. And in that moment Octagon knew its name. Mu.

Wilhelm

The dirt was spread around and none of the villagers paid much attention to the actions of smaller bees and insects, especially when they did not obviously act in concert or strangely. As such Wilhelm managed to get the dirt into the other towns nearby and waited.

In the end the results were not quite what Wilhelm desired. It seemed he could listen through the dirt in a manner, but not into the minds of humans. Not like he could with insects at any rate. One name did seem to get mentioned a lot, a Ser Daveron. It seemed like he was a knight who had recently come into good standing with the king. They seemed to value his opinion highly and oddly, usually after they mentioned his name they seemed to be particularly hateful to the next subject they mentioned.

Success, in a way of speaking. I have given you some useful information and part of what you wanted, but you can't really make psychic dirt exactly.

Bryn

Bryn had heard of a terrible beast, a great flying serpent with scales red like blood, that had made its home in the mountains to the north. He had travelled into these mountains to hunt down the best which had already claimed several cattle, a merchant caravan and a small child. It had set ablaze half a town and strangely stolen gold from them. He'd seen it fly back up to the mountains and so Bryn, now hardened by two months of hunting, had travelled up to its lair. The cave was large and more like a great overhang than a cave. Wind and rain had carved it out of the sheer mountainside, but recent additions had been made if the large gouges of claw marks were something to go by.

Inside the cave smelled like smoke, heat and treasure. Bryn had never really considered that treasure had a smell before, but now in this place there was no denying it. As he moved further into the cave there was a dim reddish light coming from ahead and he heard the sounds of a large creature moving. The scales rustled against the stone walls as the beast moved around, and Bryn heard the tinkle of gold coins being displaced. Bryn edged forwards further until he got into the entrance to the back of the cave where he could see the monster and its hoard. He'd managed to sneak in, or so he thought. As he crept up on the monster to deal a vicious surprise blow it turned to him and rose up.

"You. You are the one. The one I hear in my head, the one that tells me to hunt, to kill, to plunder. Who are you? Why are you hear? Why have you woken me from my sleep?"

This was the first time any of the monsters had ever spoken to Bryn. The creature's voice was loud and like the roar of a furnace. It snorted steam out of its nostrils as it eyed Bryn with a mixture of fear and anger.

Rathin, Adam and Kovar

As Adam and Kovar considered the issue, Rathin and his tribe made their way to the pool to summon Unnaya. Rathin saw two 'men', one giant and one stout, garbed in strange clothes made of metal. The large man looked strong, stronger than Rathin even and glowing eyes that seemed to always be watching and judging something. The shorter one was stout and thickly built, although not like his companion, and he had a long and braided beard. Both had the bearing of warriors and hunters which Rathin could recognise. They gave him pause and he waited before he tried to summon Unnaya.

Razage, could you describe your tribe to DDwarf and Valhawk please? You guys need to decide whether you're wearing full armour or not as well. I'll keep the result of this for later, but Rathin did succeed on his check.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 4, 2013

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Bryn - The Lair

The dragon's rumbling voice had taken Bryn surprise; in and of itself a feat in the world gone crazy he now inhabited. He stood silently, brows furrowed, his eyes locked on the beast's. Bryn cut an impressive figure, even standing before a dragon; he'd grown nearly a foot since Starfall, and his collection of weaponry and grisly trophies--mostly in the form of teeth of varying sizes and origin--were quite impressive. And so Bryn stood, squared off from the beast, for several long moments.

Finally, he breaks the silence. "Well. I'm going to be needing a drink."

He reaches down to gilded chalice somewhere near his feet, scooping it up and producing a hipflask from a bag. Emptying the contents into the goblet, he draws it up to his lips, draining its contents in a quick few gulps before carelessly discarding it. Drawing in a deep breath, he returns his gaze to the dragon before him.

"Now, uhm... what?"

quote:

The creature looks down at Bryn.

The Dragon: "I do not understand what you say."

Bryn:: "... right. Well. Who the gently caress are you? Is that a bit more clear?"

The Dragon:: "I am one who was asleep until you awakened me. Now you clamour in my mind, even now you whisper for me try to kill you. Why."

Apparently mostly unconcerned with the massive beat some fifteen feet away from him, Bryn takes a seat on a particularly large pile of treasure. "I think you're mistaken, fella. See, I came here to put you to sleep, in a manner of speakin'. Not to wake you."

The Dragon:: "Soon the silence of death will matter little. Your words will drive me mad and you shall have what you wish. I watched it happen to the one with eight legs. The one that turned men to stone. Both had slept within the dreams of man until you awoke us, dragged us into the world and demanded that we attack those whose dreams had been our sanctuary."

With that, Bryn is silent for a very long time, his face unreadable. Finally, shaking his head, he looks up to the dragon. "And how, exactly, am I tellin' you all this? Ain't with my mouth."

The Dragon:YOU WHISPER IN MY MIND. HOW CAN YOU NOT HEAR IT? LISTEN TO YOUR HEART IF YOUR MIND DOES NOT REVEAL THE ANSWER TO YOU.

The Dragon is roars so loud it is like a hurricane to Bryn's ears.

Bryn frowns. He didn't want to believe the monster's words, and yet... there was something in its powerful voice; a certain pained sincerity... and so Bryn was quiet. He was quiet, and he listened.

... he heard the screams. The screams of his wife. Of his daughters. "... no..." He stood, reaching over his shoulder to pull free his blade. "No."

The Dragon seems to stumble and cries out. "I do not wish to kill you. Why must you torment me so?"

Bryn:: "YOU ARE A LIAR! ADMIT TO YOUR LIES!" His voice takes on an authoritative, steely tone, his eyes locked onto the dragon's.

The Dragon:: "ADMIT TO WHAT LIE? EVERYTHING YOU MAKE ME COMES FROM YOU. THE ONLY LIE IS THE ONE YOU TELL YOURSELF."

The Dragon is moving oddly though; it is almost writhing in pain now.

Bryn: "YOU *LIE*!" And at that moment, something broke within Bryn. He felt the power well up in his chest as he formed the words; they exploded from his lips with a roar more powerful than the dragon's own.

I'm going to scream at this motherfucker until he realizes that I am right.

Applying Divine: Monsters +2 to utilize my connection with, well, monsters, and Divine: Endurance +2 to summon up the willpower necessary.

quote:

Bryn
Slayer of Hulking loving Beasts, and Other Assorted Monsters

Birthplace
Bryn hails from an unassuming village in South-Western Arandia, much the same as other small villages that dot the country. It is a quiet place, or at least it used to be; recently, the region has experienced a rash of monster sightings, with several small towns destroyed. Reports swirl of a man who seems to have made it his duty to personally see them all exterminated, though his identity remains unclear...

*~Background~*
I had a simple life, once. Not too different than most folk. I worked hard; was one of the lucky ones. I owned my own farm! Had a wife. Kids. In the spring, I planted. In the summer, I went to war. And in the fall, I harvested. Life was simple once. Then the fuckin' sky burned, and the world went to hell.

The first one came the next morning.

I managed to fight it off; don't quite understand it, but turns out I'm *real* good at it. Also turns out the caves 'bout a mile away were brimming with the fuckers, good few hundred feet down. I'll spare you the sob story, and suffice it to say that I lost my family. Went down there and killed every last one of those sons of bitches. Thought that'd be the last of it.

I moved on to a new town, and they came again. To the next, and there were more. Never in my loving life could I have imagined there were so many beasts of terror waiting to loving end me. They keep coming, and I keep killing, and I guess that's just my lot now. More exciting than farming, I guess.

*~Qualities & Foibles~*

MORTAL: Experienced Fighter +4 The petty feudal lords of Arandia find themselves frequently at war, Bryn's perhaps chief amongst them. He has ample experience in war; experience which has served him nicely in his new line of work.

MORTAL: Hunter +4 Bryn’s experience as a travelling monster hunter has taught him many useful skills.

MORTAL: Herosim +2 Bryn seems to naturally project a larger than-life-presence, which, coupled with slaying massive beasts, is the stuff heroes are made of.

DIVINE: Monsters +2 Since Starfall, Bryn has found that he has an unnatural affinity with monsters; generally, this takes the form of them seeking him out and trying to murder him.

DIVINE: Endurance +2 He’s a tough gently caress; since Starfall, he’s taken maulings which could have taken down men three times his size. No matter what, he always seems to bounce back.

FOIBLE: loving Monsters! -2 Bryn has a bit of a monster problem. They seem to follow him around, waking from their deep slumbers whenever he enters the vicinty. It's really quite annoying.

A RICH WHITE MAN fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 4, 2013

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Edo, throneroom of Eosia

Edo's not entirely sure whether his spell worked, but the assassins escaped regardless. He hadn't failed, exactly; it just would have been nice to capture them. Edo had an inkling they'd be back to do more mischief.

But in the meantime, the empire had to prepare for war. The thought brings a surge of anger to his mind; Edo hadn't realised he cared about Eosia. If you'd asked him a couple of months back, when he still lived in Blackwater, he would have supported the overthrow of the tyrannical Empire.

But now, after he'd spent so much time with them? Edo felt like Eosia was in his bones. He'd met so many Eosians he cared about. Not the officials, the aristocracy or the self-righteous magisters; most of those could hang for all Edo cared. But the common people, who'd come to him for healing and called on the emperor for justice after hearing him speak - they gave Edo faith.

Faith that in a world where assassins demonic and otherwise could teleport into a room and kill anyone they please, that the world - that humanity - had a chance, even if it was only sheer numbers. Eosia deserved that chance, too, and if compromise would grant it, Edo could swallow his pride long enough to compromise with the Emperor.

Maybe.

Edo went round the room, joining the clusters of embarrassed guards, the courtiers laughing off their terror, and the magisters trying to remain magisterial despite their failure to protect the empire. To the guards he offered praise for their bravery, the courtiers for their cleverness, the magisters for their strength and service. They weren't hollow words, either; Edo had his problems with these people, but the empire had been built on duty, and none had fled despite the danger. So he spoke simply yet pleasingly, not so much seeking to win them over but reassure them of his dedication to the empire, so clearly illustrated mere moments before by the resurrection of the emperor.

When at last he had spoken to almost all, he turned to Ajikan. "We have two tasks today. The emperor must be found. And I guess we need to find some generals. Who leads the armies of Eosia? If the enemy can travel like the assassins, we'll need to start work right away to gather the legions and resist them. Can I leave finding the generals with you until the emperor returns? I think he'll be better at leading them than me. I'll look for him and try to resolve our differences. With luck, we'll be back soon."

Edo asks several of the emperor aligned magisters to join him, alongside some unaligned magisters and Katikos. "Let's find the emperor. I'm eager to resolve our differences and unite under the Eosian sigil against the true threats facing the empire. I don't think we have the time for the luxury of a debate about the caste system any more, as much as I would like to have it, and Eosia needs its emperor to lead it against our enemies. Valamnis wouldn't want us to be divided right now."

With that, he headed off at the head of the group to find the emperor and Sort Things Out.

Using Charming +2 and Sun +2 to go around the room and persuade everyone present that Edo is Pretty Great and clearly is Valamnis' son, vague cousin to the Emperor he resurrected, and right to stick his nose into the business of the empire. He'll also quietly quash any talk if it occurs that Edo should be emperor.

Cacto fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jun 4, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Civar "The Curious" Kit'An (Eosia, Eosis )

*whoosh* One second I was working on finding my way out of Edo's prison and ten seconds later I was halfway out of town and with Aideen again. Leaping off Avenger, I swept her up in a hug. "Its good to see you again! I'm sorry you were left behind, I didn't think that would happen. I'm glad you're alright, I was worried about you. We need to leave, swiftly now. I'll fill you in on what happened as we travel." Letting go of her, I turned to my knightly companion: "We need to leave as soon as possible and stop that army. If we don't do what we said we would, we'll lose all hope of saving this town, and likely the nation it rules as well. Can you take all of us this time? I won't leave without Aideen again."

Regardless of how we left, by Eisner's supernatural talent, or by wagon, we still needed more information. I sent out a general message to the members of my Hammerite Cult. Adherents of Order, I hoped they'd help me piece together an accurate picture of what was happening. "Fellows. Iron-workers. Bad times are coming. The capitol is plagued by a demon, do not allow yourself or yours to be enticed by a powder now popular there. It is a dry, disturbing shade of red, but the demons who make it have shown a remarkable facility for disguising themselves, so I cannot be sure what it will look like when it reaches your villages and cities. When taken it temporarily makes one feel better, but also corrupts and weakens all that is good about you; including your metal-working skills. It is also highly addictive.

Those of you near the border know more of the army said to be invading than I do. It does not seem to be related to the demons and their drug at this time. I will be contacting each of you individually as soon as possible to learn the essential details that you alone know so that it may best be shared throughout the group. Guard and protect yourselves and your communities as best you can, but do not try to oppose the army alone. I am coming and bringing help. Keep yourselves safe until I arrive. Find Order in every day of your lives. Make Order where you find none."

Contacting my Hammerite cultists for information. Trying to find out where the Arandian army is, how big it is, how it is treating people, etc?

Also warning them against the dust.

If I need to roll then
M: Tinker +4 - I know how to talk to blacksmiths
M: Stage Magician +2 - to phrase things so that they'll feel important and won't get themselves killed

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Octagon blinked as he gazed into the expanse. Deep into that darkness peering, long he stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting...

What was this place? Nothing. What dwelt therein? Nothing. What was to stop him from claiming it as his own?

Nothing.

I'm kind of winging it here. Spider-Lord [+2] to lay claim to Mu, as is my lordly right (finder's keepers). It shall be mine!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Bryn (Northern Arandia, Falkrest Peaks)

Bryn screamed at the Dragon, his voice becoming like a gale. It was the voice of a creature that wasn't Human, its intensity and volume were...monstrous. The Dragon recoiled and writhed in deep physical agony as Bryn's cry of denial echoed through its body and being. Then Bryn felt the ego, the identity of the Dragon shatter under the force of his will as if it had been a pot that he had crushed into powder.

The beast staggered back and looked around. Its nostrils flared as it took in the scents surrounding it and gold tinkled musically as it regained its footing. Before it had a kind of poise to it, now it was a feral grace. There was no intelligence as the flaming orange eyes focused on Bryn and it tensed. In a split second it would leap, fighting with a berserk and mindless fury he'd seen in all of the other creatures he'd fought.

Success, if you're going to do something other than fight it you need to do it very quickly.

Edo (Eosia, Eosian Palace)

As he walked around the room, speaking to the still shocked and fearful courtiers and priests Edo got an impression of them. Many of them agreed with what he said, but he could tell that they did not want to really give Edo concessions. Both sides recognised that they needed him right now, but he was an inconvenience and a threat. His coming to save the Emperor did not change this, it only served to make them more wary and confused. A few of them seemed to listen to what he had to say properly, but most of those were those in such junior positions that what he said did not present nearly as much as a risk to their comfortable life styles.

There were no generals currently present, although Edo was assured that they would be coming as quickly as they could be summoned. If Edo could call for the peasants to stop rioting this would happen quicker was something else those few senior soldiers present pointedly said to Edo as well.

The Emperor had not been moved too far yet, had the Arandian knight penetrated the palace towards him they would have quickly done so but in the end that would have helped little. Whatever power that knight possessed allowed him to travel with great and terrifying speed. Emperor Jorhset was laid down on a makeshift bed, comprised of cushions and of silk blankets. He had his eyes open and he looked weary, weak and a little confused. When he saw you he gestured for you to approach.

"You. You are the one they call Edo are you not? Supposedly the true son of the almighty Sun God Valamnis. I suppose that would make us cousins." He laughed weakly, which turned into a cough. His eyes were intense and seemed to look into Edo, but he could not see any trace of the demonic taint he had seen before. Moreover the Emperor seemed different to what he had heard he was like. Now he seemed more kindly and less distant and imperial. "I do not remember much of the last month. It is a strange blur that makes my head spin when I try to think on it. My servants and advisors will not tell me what has transpired, will you grant me this boon?"

No one is suggesting Edo be Emperor. Had Jorhset remained dead however, things would be different.

Civar (Eosia, Eisos)

There are a number of conflicting reports. However one thing is clear, the army that has been assembled from Arandia is too large for the King to have assembled from Harvan alone. Somehow, for the first time it seems that Arandia has unified under one banner to march on its ancient enemy. There are knights, bowman and pikeman as Civar would expect, but beyond this obvious and useless piece of information only one other thing is mentioned. The man leading it is a knight, but he is a giant of a man who seems to take delight in punishing others. One smith spoke of a child who had hidden as the man had picked up his father, a militiaman, with one hand and crushed his head with his bare strength.

Octagon (Arrahn, Sicaria)

Octagon touched the Void and it spoke to him. Mu spoke in his head and told him of the Beginning. How there had been only Void and then the Creator had spoken the word. It did not know where the Creator came from, only that the Creator used its power to bind it within this place. Creation was its counterpart, its antithesis. Octagon watched as a Light sprang forth, parting the Void like a hot knife through butter. The Light expanded, glimmering brighter than all the immeasurable stars and suns of the cosmos as what was Not, Became.

Mu touched Octagon and he stepped back, recoiling and shutting the door for a moment as Mu overwhelmed him. Part of it remained within him, a shard of Nothing inside of him that connected him to Mu.

He was not left unchanged.

Octagon gains the Divine Trait Void [+2], and his foible changes to Empty Inside [-2].

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 11, 2013

Cacto
Jan 29, 2009
Edo, Imperial Palace, Eosia

Edo finds his chats with the people in the room frustrating. How could they deny who he was? Were all in the palace so callously pragmatic? It was becoming clear to Edo that the state religion of Eosia was a lie. To the priests and to those in charge, even a man who shines with the light of the sun must be weighed against one's schemes and found wanting.

But he had promised. He would not pursue the cause of justice, he would not speak reasonably about the excesses of the powerful, until after the empire was safe from its invaders. He could only hope that these cynical shells of men could raise themselves from their lethargy to fight a war.

The emperor was a surprise. Edo didn't know exactly what he expected. This frail, seemingly gentle soul was not it. Still, Edo decided to be honest. Glowing softly and speaking as comfortingly as he can, Edo explained what had happened.

"Emperor, I am not sure what happened to you. A month ago, I came to this city from a small town called Blackwater. It was not what I had expected. At first, this was because it was not the home of foul blood-sacrificing wizards. But later, it was because there was so much injustice in this city. Do you know magisters and doctors refuse healing to those without the coin to pay for it? That your officials make it so hard to get the right to open a market stall that those who would want to cannot?"

He stops himself before he goes further. "But I should apologise. I promised the people in your court that I would not call for a better Eosia until Eosia was safe once more. In truth, my words caused a commotion. The people came to hear me and to be healed by me. Until one day you sent your soldiers to arrest me, and I refused to go. The soldiers tried to take me by force, and the crowds responded in kind. I tried to stop the violence, but I could not. Nothing I have done over the past few weeks has lessened the violence.

"And then, worst of all, a new demonic cult emerged in this city. They have been selling a drug that turns innocent men into depraved killers. Some of the rioters started taking it, and things got worse. More people died. I heard rumours that you yourself joined the cult; when I restored you to life, there was evidence that this had happened. I do not know why you would have done such a thing. I expect you were badly advised, because Valamnis lives and he shines yet on his children.

"In any case, this morning I met with the magisters, determined to stop the cult from causing more harm. I wanted to call on the magisters and all true Eosians to stamp out the corruption. I planned to march on the palace and call on you to reassert justice and cast out the demon-worshippers.

"Before that could happen, we heard that you were under attack. The magisters and I immediately rushed to the throne room, but we were too late; Arandian assassins had killed you. We tried to capture them, but they had strange powers and escaped, but not before I restored you to life.

"That brings us to this moment, your majesty. The Arandians are invading, and their armies have entered Eosian borders. You must lead the legions against the enemies of the Empire. If you will have it, I would offer my help."

Immense text dump! Divine Sun +2 and Charming +2 to convince the Emperor that Edo is a) the son of the one god Valamnis and b) a good guy with good intentions who can help against the Arandians.

By the way, I thought Eosia's god was Valamnis? If they have multiple sun gods and the emperor/higher castes have their own special ones, I can see why I'm not having much success in taking over the official church!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Sun Plains

Kovar looked across the plains, resplendent in his armor. Once he discovered that heat no longer bothered him, in fact even in this beating sun he still hadn't broken a sweat, he decided to try and wear it as much as possible as an experiment of sorts. He and Adam had made good time, with surprisingly little interruption on their southward trek. They were resting at a watering hole, taking advantage of the fresh water, when Kovar noticed an approaching group out of the corner of his eye. His hand, out of sheer instinct, immediately went to the large blade he now carried, but for the moment it remained in its sheath.

He calls out to the approaching strangers, both to introduce them and to alert Adam to their presence, "Greetings, strangers. I do not wish to insult you, but I would ask for your intentions. We wish nothing but peace with you and yours, but we've learned that some are more inclined to attempt violence. So, do you come in peace or war?"

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Adam - Sun Plains

It was a wonder.

His brothers had always talked about the sun plains, that it felt like an outdoor smithy with trees attached. Of the stretches of land, enabling one to see all the way to the ocean itself. Of its creatures. Of its people. Of its land.

They seemed to have subtly left out the part about the bugs though.

As Adam trailed along behind Kovar, the height disadvantage making him the slower walker, he discovered that he needed to keep his beard as clean and brushed as possible, less certain creatures decided they wanted a new ginger-haired home. Such a brushing was taking place, as he found himself braiding it into a new pattern - another talent Bridgette had brought to the dwarves. I must thank her for this someday, he thought.

Reaching a watering hole, he stepped by the large general. "Please, allow me," he said with a smile, as he started to fetch some water for the both of them. Anything to keep his mind off having bees in his beard. Plus, it was a good time to take off some of his armour - walking in that thing for so long was hard enough without the sun trying to cook him in it.

It was like this that the strangers appeared, Kovar's voice alerting him to their presence. Adam kept his head low, a small reflecting of his former self showing. He stayed silent, hoping Kovar would deal with the issue.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Mazir-The Elysian Sands

Mazir and his soldiers had made excellent time across the Sands. Crossing in hardly a week. Harlakake was in sight, but they needed to formulate a combat strategy. The Taelessians weren't fighters ,they relied on show fights and tribute paying rather than straight up combat. They were blind to the horrors of war and the damage of what it could bring. Even Harlakake, a place distant from the rest of it's brethren was not immune to this. If they could shock and overwhelm the city, before it could even mobilize it's defenders, then they stood a strong chance of taking it. Even better if they could isolate the fighters of the city into pockets of two or three within the city and hunt them down, all the better.

They would have to approach later in the day, just as the city would begin to relax, then they would kick up a massive dirt and silt storm and blanket the city, while the Sand Golems and Iron Men would take the city.

Crackling, Mazir shared his plans with his fellow brethren and made preparations.

Conguring a huge dust/silt/dirt storm to kick off the invasion of Harlakake. Meanwhile my Golems and Iron Men will be assaulting on foot.

+2 Diving: Sand Using my and conjuring abilities to help add to the group as we summon and control this storm

[+4 Magic] Using my considerable other magical abilities to help stabilize this and assist in the control as we cover the area.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
Rathin Stoneiwll Sun Plains: Oasis.

Rathin traveled with a company of 24 people, not a large tribe by any means but a formidable one. Many wore long white robes, the orcs wore ones that draped over their faces partially and the sleeves were longer to hide the hands. The humans seemed to wear robes fitted better. The armor that's visible is of a hard leather, some of his companions have chosen to wear a light chain mail armor. Rathin himself wore some light leather armor, relying on his tough orc skin to deflect most blows.

When he sees the strangers his tribe falls into a defensive formation and as they get closer he hears Kovar call out and replies, "We wish you no harm, traveler, so long as you wish us none!"

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Sun Plains

Kovar gave a broad smile, "Then we are the same in that regard. Would you mind, if we came over to speak with you? I'm always happy to meet new people, and it's rare for me to run into someone nearly as big as me."

Out of some tall grass nearby, Lehoi came wandering into view, pausing to look at the strangers before padding over to Kovar's side. "Oh, and Lehoi here is safe enough, just don't bother him and you'll be fine." He indicates to the large mountain-lion standing next to him.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
Rathin Stonewill Sun Plains: Oasis.

Rathin nods and walks over, he takes his hood down and his green Orc face can be seen. He has black hair tied back and many piercings. He speaks calmly, "Well you certainly are large. Are you human, or is that another thing we have in common?"

He grinned at the large mountain lion, "Quite a large pet you have there. What do you feed it?"

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Sun Plains

Looking at the green face before him, Kovar has a knowing look, "I assume you've had an interesting time since the star-fall. As for what I am, let us say I have some theories, but that they are best left for... more private settings," his eyes wander along the rest of the tribe, still in earshot. "Regardless, it's a pleasure to meet you," Kovar extends a hand to Rathin, "As for Lehoi, he largely catches his own meals, though he has been known to enjoy our catches every once in a while."

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

"You assume correct," Rathin laughs as he shakes Kovar's hand. He motions to his tribe, "My tribe, they will not harm you."

"Stand down and setup camp." He orders. The tribe sets up the tents, oddly the jobs don't seem to be differentiated by gender. Some men are setting up wash basins and some women are beginning patrols around the Oasis.

"So what brings you to the Sun Plains? It is a bit obvious you're not from around here."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar

"Would you walk with me?" He indicates a path that would take them out of earshot of the rapidly assembling camp. Kovar didn't seem terribly surprised by the lack of gender differentiation of duties. "We're here for a bit a peace, hopefully some training as well, and definitely to meet the people of the Sun Plains, which I assume you are native to?"

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

Rathin considers for a moment, "Well we are natives of a sort. Mostly from other tribes, because ours is a rather unique vision around here. Lead the way, Kovar!" He shouts back at Vek that he's going for a walk.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Can you please do this via PM or email, or some other method? I do not want to have to sort through 30 posts for action summaries when it comes to do the updates.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Kovar - Sun Plains

Once they were out of earshot of the assembled orcs, Kovar continued, "So I assume your change first started with the starfall, and you've experienced more changes since? That at least is what has happened to Adam and I, and we've noted not only that we change those who follow us, but we are in turn change by them. Further, we maintain a connection with them, and..." he hesitated for a moment before he continued, "we have a physical reaction to their worship. A single possibility leapt to the front of my mind when Adam and I first summed up the changes, but it was only latter, when a separate individual brought it up on their own, without prompting that I became somewhat more certain."

He takes a deep breath, "I think there is a very real possibility that we are somehow, newborn gods. Or at least have become such since the starfall." He looks to Rathin, trying to gage his reaction.

I'm sort of leaving it open ended whether Adam is along for the walk.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Adam - The Well in the Sun plains

It wasn't that Adam didn't want to go on a nice relaxing walk with Kovar and his new found comrade, it was just that as soon as his head lifted, in a form of greeting, he found himself tongue-tied at what he was looking at. He hadn't recovered his surprise by the time Kovar and their leader had started walking, and, with a bucket of water in his hand, found himself staring directly at a completely new set of people in white robes. By himself.

"Um..." he started, "Well... heh. So what do ya do fer a wee bit of fun around here?"

Action: Desperately try to maintain a conversation with 24 people. I expect this will go badly
Cool and composed +2: If I remain calm, and focused, I am sure I can find something out about these people.
Don't want no trouble -2: dontstartafightdontstartafightdontstartafightdontstartafight

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Octagon was left standing there in a nearly catatonic state for several minutes, his expression blank as he stared forward into Nothing. Eventually he blinked, eyes refocusing as the world came back to him. How long had he been standing there? A cursory inspection revealed that he appeared to be whole and unharmed. Well, no. That's not quite right. He felt... hollow. He could feel that shard of Nothing, deep inside. That tiny piece of Mu that was now a part of him. He touched his chest momentarily. His body seemed eternally hidden by shadow, highlighted by a red light that had no apparent source. But otherwise, he was still a Spider. He stared for a moment that the silken wall before him, what was once a doorway had been reverted back to what had come before; nothing but silk and stone.

Curious to test this new part of himself, Octagon once more concentrated upon Delena, but instead of attempting to open a doorway, he focused upon that bit of Nothing inside of him...

Using the power of the Void [+2], I shall temporarily reduce the distance between myself and Delena to Nothing (i.e. I teleport to Delena!).

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Bryn - The Dragon's Cave (Northern Arandia, Falkrest Peaks)

His chest heaving from exertion, Bryn looked to the now feral beast before him, their eyes locked. He felt the excitement build in his chest; it was came before a fight, and Bryn had the sneaking suspicion that this could very well be the fight of his life. Tossing his blade aside, the hulking monster-hunter squared off with his great quarry, legs spread, body bent just so, watching, and waiting.

The Dragon struck first, lashing out with its great sinewy neck fast as a bolt of lightning; Bryn, anticipating the move, exploded into motion, leaping over the dragon's great maw, and onto his neck, wrapping up the beast in his burly arms.

I'm going to use Monsters +2 and Experienced Fighter +4 to attempt to wrestle the dragon to submission.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Ilvis (Eosia, Eisos)

Helping Aideen onto Avenger, I nod to the blacksmith holding my saddlebags and check the folded blankets laid down atop Avenger. It would probably be a bit uncomfortable but hopefully we wouldn't be on the road for very long.

"You're with me that Blackwater is clearly a demon or some kind of monster right Civar? What kind of man regenerates from a sword through the heart? Well, thinking on it he's probably a Necromancer. That would make the most sense wouldn't it? Alright Aideen, you're going to need to hang on tight to Civar. Avenger is certainly big enough for three, but in a pinch riding along like that there's always the chance that you'll slip off the back if you're not careful."

Checking the buckles on my armour one last time, I half listen in on the smith's report.

"Well that's a little unusual and strange, but if someone's running around calling himself Daveron we should probably give it a look. It might be an entirely unrelated Ser Daveron after all. No better way to do that than to meet the head of their army directly is there?"

Can we give a ride-by to the head of the invading army? Or call ahead with the magic thingy to have Daveron (assuming it's him) meet us at that hill or whatever I mentioned previously in my pre-fight message? Did we happen to get a message back from any of those dudes at all?

D: Travel +2- get us there faster
??? Swordicorn - riding it to get us there faster

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,

After a long walk and chat with Kovar, Rathin returns to the center of the Oasis and attempts to summon Unnaya using the instructions from the Gazelle Tribe.

Transcript of conversation can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hdW3RxYC8o1OV0NDca__80SugZVKSwt_HqlO5R_6PpU/edit?pli=1

Okay, going to summon Unnaya now. You said I already succeeded in this so bring on the NPC god!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Beltheus-Mirn

It was as Beltheus had suspected. These Weaponsmasters weren't the neutral arbiters that they seemed to be, but really the secret powers controlling the island; manipulating each side against the other. But why? Was it merely to maintain their own power, or were they themselves the puppets of some other force? This required more investigation before he got involved.

He summons an imp, a little thing, able to hide and skulk without being seen, and commands it, "Go! Spy on the leaders of the Weaponsmasters for me. Discover who they are, how they operate, and what they are planning. Come back to me with the information."

Demonic Summoning +2, maybe Perceptive +2 to put together what the imp finds out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Farro Kapersi - Plaza of Arches, Terminus
Update 14

Farro sat outside Lydia’s domicile, same as he had every morning for days now. Well, he supposed it could be called morning; the light in Terminus was more or less constant all the time. Bright like the day only a few hours from noon, the light glinted and played off the silver scabbard of the strange sword, sat lengthwise across his lap. Whether it was a coincidence or not, it was the perfect length for a person of Lydia’s size, and would be easy enough to conceal. On top of that, he felt there was some amusing sense of justice that the sword which had cut her bindings to the mad god Mazir was also the one she was learning to protect herself with. As she passed through the door, he grabbed the sword and stood up: another day, more training, more waiting for the Arrows to report in form their various duties.

I’m teaching Lydia how to protect herself while we wait for more of the Arrows to report back, hopefully with information on a safe place for her to stay along with their usual report on the goings-on in the general area. Divine: Love [+2] as Farro draws on the power of his desire to protect a loved one, granting Lydia greater endurance and a better ability to absorb the training than she would otherwise have. Mortal: Gladiator [+4] because Farro has extensive experience on personal combat: he knows how to defend one’s self in almost any situation.

• Locked thread