Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koMru0MVkYw

Nearly four minutes of Sonic Lost Worlds gameplay. Looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I know some of us have been bending our shopping habits around the reset date for Club Nintendo Platinum Status. I found this in the official FAQ and thought I'd share:

Cub Nintendo posted:

Product Registration surveys for physical games registered via PIN expire after 7 days. Product Registration surveys for digital games, when offered, expire after 30 days. Post-play surveys expire after 120 days. Please review the date listed next to the survey in your To-Do list to ensure that you take the survey before it expires.
So looks like I'm in the clear to start buying eShop games again! You can buy an eShop game now and wait until the first week of July to register for coins, which will go towards NEXT year's platinum status.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

I just came here to post the sonic stuff, I was kind of shocked how good it looked on 3ds. Some framerate hiccups but not in places I would expect, so probably just some weird issues. Otherwise looks pretty rad on both 3ds and wii u.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah it does. The framerate on that game is so good for the 3DS, essential for a platformer like that. Man, I don't think Nintendo is doing it right, because if that game is exactly like the WiiU version except on the 3DS with slightly worse visuals that's one less reason to buy one. This might be the first time the games on the console and handheld have been identical for "modern sonic". Colors and Generations were both completely different games IIRC.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Yeah, and I'm not fond of the lazier designs like that trio and the majority of the evolutions in gen 1. Except Electrode, and only because of that poo poo eating grin it always has. :q:

Gen 1 had the best designs.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mischitary posted:

Man, I don't think Nintendo is doing it right, because if that game is exactly like the WiiU version except on the 3DS with slightly worse visuals that's one less reason to buy one.

You could have said the same thing about RE:Revelaitons and, it turns out, people are still buying the HD version of the game.

vvv Plus, what this guy said. Thankfully, both versions are awesome. It's good to see Sonic back in shape with the modern games.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 7, 2013

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Mischitary posted:

Man, I don't think Nintendo is doing it right, because if that game is exactly like the WiiU version except on the 3DS with slightly worse visuals that's one less reason to buy one. This might be the first time the games on the console and handheld have been identical for "modern sonic". Colors and Generations were both completely different games IIRC.

Have you watched the Wii U footage? The levels are completely different and much more robust.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Saoshyant posted:

Good lord! I guess I'm buying both versions or something.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it, I got all the hats in Find Mii.

Not even an achievement.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

That looks like a sonic version of mario 3d land. I want it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Saoshyant posted:

Holy poo poo that looks amazing

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

cobalt impurity posted:

It's completely unnecessary. You can't view the 3D effect from anything but a head-on viewpoint, so you can't tilt or turn the console to peek behind things, and I can't think of a game where the 3D is needed for gauging distances. Mario 3D Land is a little easier with it on, but the shadow Mario casts is more than enough to gauge where you're going to land.

I feel that games like MH really benefit from the 3d. MH is playable withouth it. But the 3D is really nice to be able to gauge exact distances and provides a greater spacial awareness that really helps with dodging some of the harder, faster monsters in upper tier. I find when I'm on the WII-U version, I tend to get hit more due to misjudging my distance relative to the monster's. So the 3d is not needed, but it is really nice to have.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Iwata's Mii has all of the puzzle swap pieces :aaaaa:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

KimT posted:

And we can only take one. :negative:

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

KimT posted:

I doubt he got those legit. :colbert:

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

Timid posted:

I doubt he got those legit. :colbert:

I think he could. You'll get a lot of street passes in Nintendo/Japan.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

This Iwata Mii counts as a different one from last time. Can't even remember when that one came about; his "favorite software" is Mario Kart 7, so that game's release is probably when.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Saoshyant posted:

OK yeah. Didn't realize this was the 3DS one at first. That looks great! Sorta Mario Galaxy/Super Mario 3D Land-ish.

Imagine how pretty it'll look in 3D, with that background and everything!

There's a Wii U version too, right? I may have to get both!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm having some problems with SD card data. I bought an 8GB one today because I was tired of the low capacity of the 2GB one my 3DS started with.

I went and copied all the data from the 2GB card to the 8GB card but apparently it didn't take - all my games had to be redownloaded to the 8GB card, and none of them have any save data. Any idea what I might have hosed up?

Hello fellow updater. I had the same problem with my "upgrade". Corrupted files and such. So I copied the files again to the new card, which worked flawlessly, who knows why. So yeah, just try again.

See that you unmount the disks properly before inserting it back to the 3DS.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver Falcon posted:

There's a Wii U version too, right? I may have to get both!

There is indeed.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm having some problems with SD card data. I bought an 8GB one today because I was tired of the low capacity of the 2GB one my 3DS started with.

I went and copied all the data from the 2GB card to the 8GB card but apparently it didn't take - all my games had to be redownloaded to the 8GB card, and none of them have any save data. Any idea what I might have hosed up?

If you pop the sd card into a computer you should see two folders, your downloaded games should be in one of them, just copy it to the other. I had the same problem myself, the 3ds decided to create a new system folder for the new card.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

As cool as Sonic 3D Land seems, it still seems to have the same spastic control problems they've always had in the 3d games.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

I would say that a reason to start at the beginning is that you get more sweet, sweet puzzle action. Story-wise, you're not going to miss much if you just pick up the latest game. None of them are really connected, as far as I know (although I haven't played past the 2nd game).

The fourth and fifth Professor Layton games are directly related although you don't find that out until most of the way through the fifth. (Ryan, if you see this, I was mistaken!)

As for the first three, that trilogy is pretty much just connected by a recurring villain whose schemes don't have any actual relation to one another--even then the third game gives that villain motivation for his crimes.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Miracle Mask has the worst plot and minigames, and has those godawful ruins segment though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bean posted:

Any other features? I played EO1 and loved it dearly, but some of the fights were such bullshit that I had to put it aside.

I'm looking at you, ants. It is horse poo poo that you keep spawning like 40 deep in one battle.

The EO1 remake ("Millennium Girl" is the subtitle) is gonna have a whole bunch of weird new features - animated cutscenes, voice acting, pre-determined characters and various other changes to make it more palatable for a mainstream JRPG audience.

They've since revealed that you'll have the option to play it like a traditional EO game if you're not interested in any of the new additions, which many of us are very thankful for.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Call Now posted:

Miracle Mask has the worst plot and minigames, and has those godawful ruins segment though.

Actually all of these things are cool and good. Owned.

(But in all seriousness, I actually liked the ruins segments. It was nice to just play Pokémon Strength puzzles and take a break from math and spatial reasoning, both of which I am bad at.)

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."

Saoshyant posted:

This Iwata Mii counts as a different one from last time. Can't even remember when that one came about; his "favorite software" is Mario Kart 7, so that game's release is probably when.

It was Luigis Mansion for me. Also he was level 5 in Find Mii.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

A new family just moved in to the apartment next to me, and apparently they have a 3DS because I just got a streetpass from within my living room. That's cool, except... it's a black family with two little boys and no little girls. The Mii I got was a white girl named Applejack with the catchprhase "MY LITTLE PONY" in all caps.

I'm scared.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Funkmaster General posted:

A new family just moved in to the apartment next to me, and apparently they have a 3DS because I just got a streetpass from within my living room. That's cool, except... it's a black family with two little boys and no little girls. The Mii I got was a white girl named Applejack with the catchprhase "MY LITTLE PONY" in all caps.

I'm scared.

I ran into some Miis at MAGFest in January whose catchphrases were "=3 Fluttershy =3" or something to that regard, so I feel your pain.

Also, can't believe we're finally on the cusp of New Leaf's release. That game was teased three years ago!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Behonkiss posted:

I ran into some Miis at MAGFest in January whose catchphrases were "=3 Fluttershy =3" or something to that regard, so I feel your pain.

I must be lucky, the only stuff I've had like that is one Spotpass Mii from playing MK7 that was named 'Brony'.

I deleted that one without remorse.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I got one from the eight year old girl downstairs calling me a "bich". :saddowns:

I'm vaguely jealous of her purple 3DS.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Behonkiss posted:

Also, can't believe we're finally on the cusp of New Leaf's release. That game was teased three years ago!

Somehow, I don't think I ever ran into any pony Miis at MAGFest, despite going both years since the 3DS came out. I did pass a fantastic Hank Hill though, who is still my favorite Mii in my plaza.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mine's pretty normal, I remember setting up my streetpass message to "get a vita" around the time the thing came out and never cared to change it though.

It's super funny when I get Nintendo reps showing up and my Mii says it though so haven't bothered to change it.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I feel almost lucky that the worst streetpass I got was from a Homestuck character.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

Over the last month or so I've gotten four StreetPasses while grocery shopping, all from the same girl. It's like this should be the beginning of a nerd romance movie :3:

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Laser Spider posted:

Over the last month or so I've gotten four StreetPasses while grocery shopping, all from the same girl. It's like this should be the beginning of a nerd romance movie :3:

The only way to find out is to make sure you're within wireless range of her at all times. She might be 12 but how are you supposed to know?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

PotU posted:

I did it, I got all the hats in Find Mii.

Not even an achievement.

just regular Find Mii?

Beat it. You definitely unlock something!

I am very close to beating Find Mii II secret quest for the fifth time, unlocking every area and all the hats. ALL OF THEM. ALL THE loving HATS. YOU HEAR ME IWATA? I HAVE ALL OF YOUR GODDAMN HATS NOW!

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

just regular Find Mii?

Beat it. You definitely unlock something!

I am very close to beating Find Mii II secret quest for the fifth time, unlocking every area and all the hats. ALL OF THEM. ALL THE loving HATS. YOU HEAR ME IWATA? I HAVE ALL OF YOUR GODDAMN HATS NOW!

They're going to announce Find Mii 3 for immediate release during the Nintendo Direct.

And it takes 10 playthroughs to get every Find Mii 2 hat, some rooms have to cleared up to 5 times.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I've sort of heard conflicting stuff about this: how stable are the eShop servers the night a huge game drops? Can I expect to have AC:NL by 2am-ish if I'm going digital or would it be better to just go to sleep and wake up to the game fully downloaded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I've sort of heard conflicting stuff about this: how stable are the eShop servers the night a huge game drops? Can I expect to have AC:NL by 2am-ish if I'm going digital or would it be better to just go to sleep and wake up to the game fully downloaded?

Been stable for me whenever I get something. But really not many get the midnight release.

Speaking of getting streetpass close to home. I think I got one from my neighbor, as I've been hermitting in my apartment for a while. A new visitor in fire emblem, which I haven't beat yet. I'm just starting to recruit kids, I go check out this new person on the map, yep it's a full team of eugenics based engineering. I can only imagine the laughter on their end when they got my toddler like team to squash.

• Locked thread