Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!

Soul Glo posted:

Honestly, I would email Nintendo if I were you. I don't want you deleting Animal Crossing on my account.

Thanks - I did this, this is what Nintendo said in case anyone is curious

quote:

Hello,

I'm glad you contacted us with your concerns. In answer to your question, you should still be able to access your pre-installed copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf after performing a system transfer. Furthermore, you should be able to use the larger capacity SD Card after the system transfer. However, you will need to transfer your data to the larger SD Card. For instructions on how to transfer data between SD Cards, please visit the link below:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_la/ht_settings.jsp?menu=data%20management&submenu=ctr-ht-settings-transfer-data-between-sd

If for some reason you are unable to transfer the data to your new SD Card, then as an alternative, I would recommend redownloading your titles from the Nintendo 3DS eShop (you would need to do this after the system transfer). For details on how to do this, please visit the link below:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_apps.jsp?menu=nintendo%20eshop&submenu=ctr-ht-apps-eshop-view-downloaded

Since this appears to be the first time you are attempting a system transfer, I wanted to provide you additional information about what is transferred. As such, please visit the following link for additional details about the system transfer:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/data_transfer.jsp

If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reply to this email. Alternatively, you may contact Nintendo's Consumer Service Department by calling 1-800-255-3700 any time between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

Sincerely,

Curtis Neal
Nintendo of America Inc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ohtsam posted:

They're going to announce Find Mii 3 for immediate release during the Nintendo Direct.

And it takes 10 playthroughs to get every Find Mii 2 hat, some rooms have to cleared up to 5 times.

I beat Find Mii II three times and unlocked every room, and Find Mii II Special Quest (nearly) 5 times, you're saying I have to go back through it again 7 more times???

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got Iwata and he slaughtered his way through three rooms in Find Mii, and then I reached a room full of darkness and lost him and the 8 miis following him because nobody was white.
Dammit.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I beat Find Mii II three times and unlocked every room, and Find Mii II Special Quest (nearly) 5 times, you're saying I have to go back through it again 7 more times???

I'm saying at this point you're going to want to consult a few guides so you don't need to do it upwards of 15 more times.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
How do you get Iwata on streetpass? Or did my 3DS have to be on at the specific time and I don't have the chance anymore?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

GonSmithe posted:

How do you get Iwata on streetpass? Or did my 3DS have to be on at the specific time and I don't have the chance anymore?

Turn on spotpass for Mii Plaza.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

RustedChrome posted:

It was Luigis Mansion for me. Also he was level 5 in Find Mii.

That's the new one. I was talking about the older one. For some reason they count as different Miis. New one has a green shirt and Luigi hat, old one has a blue shirt and no hat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just bought a copy of Bowser's Inside Story off eBay, works fine in my old school fat DS but throws up an error every time I try and start it in my 3DS and the cart doesn't seem to sit right in the 3DS slot, guessing I've just bought an official 'Nintondo' product?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Saoshyant posted:

That's the new one. I was talking about the older one. For some reason they count as different Miis. New one has a green shirt and Luigi hat, old one has a blue shirt and no hat.

So... Iwata lied about his favourite colour...

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

AngryCaterpillar posted:

So... Iwata lied about his favourite colour...

He's dressed up as Luigi because the Mii's current favorite game is Luigi's Mansion. It's just some advertising, that's all.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Crappy Jack posted:

He's dressed up as Luigi because the Mii's current favorite game is Luigi's Mansion. It's just some advertising, that's all.

He lied :catbert:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Bean posted:

Any other features? I played EO1 and loved it dearly, but some of the fights were such bullshit that I had to put it aside.

I'm looking at you, ants. It is horse poo poo that you keep spawning like 40 deep in one battle.

I don't think anyone answered that, but EO games tend to have bullshit fights like that every now and then. I got wiped out last night when I encountered an interactive object on the map that turned out to be a dead body, and then four ghost-looking enemies jumped me. I've fought them before. They're durable and hard to hit, but not terrible.
That wasn't the bad part. The bad part was in the same room were these moth FOEs. Unlike most FOEs, they don't move at all. You can even walk right up to them and as long as you don't engage them, you're fine. However, they are drawn to the sound of battle, whether you're fighting another moth FOE, or a random battle. Like, a random battle with four ghost-looking enemies...

One FOE came, and then another.

I died. Turned the 3DS off.

And turned it back on. I don't know. Etrian Odyssey is one of those games where I can tolerate bullshit. It's all part of the package, I guess.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Sakurazuka posted:

Just bought a copy of Bowser's Inside Story off eBay, works fine in my old school fat DS but throws up an error every time I try and start it in my 3DS and the cart doesn't seem to sit right in the 3DS slot, guessing I've just bought an official 'Nintondo' product?

Mind taking a few pictures of the cart?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

And turned it back on. I don't know. Etrian Odyssey is one of those games where I can tolerate bullshit. It's all part of the package, I guess.

I played the demo, and it really does have a bit of that roguelike feel going on.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

DKCR 3Ds control scheme is pissing me off with the dumb use of L/R triggers. Sure wish it gave you the option to configure beyond choosing the analogue nub or control pad for movement.

Or just give me vintage DKC controls instead Nintendo!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I enjoyed the EO4 demo a great deal. It was a lot of fun, kind of an old school dungeon crawler, and I liked the airship and farming materials for weapons and armor and stuff, because I finding grinding to be kind of relaxing, a lot of the time. It's why Dragon Quest IX was on of my favourite games. The end game is nothing but throwing yourself at Legacy Bosses and multi-floor dungeons for 1% drops forever. I feel a bit uncomfortable with the scanitly clad anime children in Etrian Odyssey, though, but fortunately there are enough dudes for your team that you don't have to use them, I suppose.

I hope Find Mii 3 is cool. I stopped playing 2 after getting the little top hat. I didn't really want any of the other ones. Of my 301 unique tags, I'm the only Mii I've ever seen with that hat, so I feel all unique and cool. :smug:

When they added the "buy old tags" feature to Find Mii 2, I always thought it'd be cool if the next time you tagged that Mii, they got the play coins you paid to use them again in battle. They'd have to up the limit beyond 300 eventually, though, but it would be great if Find Mii 3 had even more things to find to customize your Mii, and make it more "marketable" as it were. I'm fortunate to live in a college neighbourhood in a fairly large city, so I get plenty of tags. If I was still living in my tiny hometown, I'd probably feel differently.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Any opinions on Metroid II and Link and Launch (new Nintendo Club downloadable rewards)?

RustedChrome
Jun 10, 2007

"do not hold the camera obliquely, or the world will seem to be on an inclined plane."

I will never trust anyone again as long as I live!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Any opinions on Metroid II and Link and Launch (new Nintendo Club downloadable rewards)?

Don't get Metroid II, it sucks and is bad. Play this thing instead whenever it comes out.

Link & Launch is supposed to be pretty good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Amppelix posted:

Don't get Metroid II, it sucks and is bad.

I still hear the lava-damage noise in my nightmares.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Amppelix posted:

Don't get Metroid II, it sucks and is bad. Play this thing instead whenever it comes out.

Link & Launch is supposed to be pretty good.

Alternate opinion: Metroid II is pretty fun and you should play it. (Disclaimer: I'm a huge Metroid fanboy and I also like the NES game, which I actually do think is terrible and no reasonable person should get enjoyment from it, yet I enjoy it anyway.)

There's no map, and the game is a little linear (which kind of fixes the "no map" problem), but if you can get past those shortcomings, it's a fun little game. It's kind of in-between Metroid and Super Metroid in terms of features. They introduced crouching and a couple upgrades like the Space Jump, but your moveset isn't as varied and flexible as it is in Super Metroid.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Link'n'launch is pretty cool. It's a pipe connecting game where moving the pipe pieces is done via pivoting and flipping them off other pieces rather than just placing them where you want. I've only played a couple levels but I can already see that I will probably never beat it because it's hard.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

So I want to switch the 4gb sd card that came in my 3DS with the 8 gb card full of VC games on my Wii. Can I just pull the copy and pasting trick in my computer, or will this somehow screw over one or both systems??

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

codenameFANGIO posted:

So I want to switch the 4gb sd card that came in my 3DS with the 8 gb card full of VC games on my Wii. Can I just pull the copy and pasting trick in my computer, or will this somehow screw over one or both systems??

I haven't had any trouble with copy & paste at all, although I've only done it between 3ds, not wii. Should work though unless wii has some hidden trickery. :thumbsup:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Minidust posted:

I know some of us have been bending our shopping habits around the reset date for Club Nintendo Platinum Status. I found this in the official FAQ and thought I'd share:
So looks like I'm in the clear to start buying eShop games again! You can buy an eShop game now and wait until the first week of July to register for coins, which will go towards NEXT year's platinum status.

I guess this is only true for full retail games? Virtual Console games just have the post-play survey, which means you can wait until after June 30th, so no worries there anyway

I don't know why I am so worried about getting enough coins, I seem to make it every year...

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Astro7x posted:

I guess this is only true for full retail games? Virtual Console games just have the post-play survey, which means you can wait until after June 30th, so no worries there anyway

I don't know why I am so worried about getting enough coins, I seem to make it every year...

What do you even spend them on? :pwn:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Zaphod42 posted:

I haven't had any trouble with copy & paste at all, although I've only done it between 3ds, not wii. Should work though unless wii has some hidden trickery. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to report that both devices worked perfectly! I have plenty of room for Animal Crossing now!!! :)

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Dewgy posted:

I got one from the eight year old girl downstairs calling me a "bich". :saddowns:

I'm vaguely jealous of her purple 3DS.

But bich is latin for Generosity

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I'm stuck deciding if I should pick up a 3DSXL at a local pawn shop for $129.99 (although, they said they have 0 warranty policy, everything is sold as-is, though I tried it and it seemed fine) or just stick with the 3DS I have, I want to replace it though because it's a LE Zelda one and I kind want to keep it in nice condition.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Buying my system sometime this week and I was curious about the SD cards.

Is there a specific brand that works best with the 3DSXL? Also, do microSD with adapters work?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I can't speak for myself, but this seems to suggest that you'll be fine.

e: Also my PNY 32GB card has worked flawlessly so far, for what it's worth.

Hace fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 8, 2013

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

Harlock posted:

Buying my system sometime this week and I was curious about the SD cards.

Is there a specific brand that works best with the 3DSXL? Also, do microSD with adapters work?

Yea any SD should work but I have heard people having problems with microSD with adapter.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

JoeMB posted:

Yea any SD should work but I have heard people having problems with microSD with adapter.

I'm using an adapter with a 32GB microSDHC just fine here, can't speak for other people though.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I was using a Kingston microSD in an adapter and it worked just fine but was slow as poo poo. I replaced it with a larger standard SD and it's easily 5 times as fast at loading swapnotes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Syfe posted:

I'm stuck deciding if I should pick up a 3DSXL at a local pawn shop for $129.99 (although, they said they have 0 warranty policy, everything is sold as-is, though I tried it and it seemed fine) or just stick with the 3DS I have, I want to replace it though because it's a LE Zelda one and I kind want to keep it in nice condition.

The XL is better in so many ways. If you can find a way to get one, do it. The screens are 2x as big which makes a huge difference, and the rounded corners make it so much more comfortable. Look at the thread title.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I must be massively terrible at Zelda, Oracle of Ages. The Head Thwomp keeps killing me because Link seems to like just setting bombs at his own feet and not throwing them. Is it that I have to move to throw them?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Aerofallosov posted:

I must be massively terrible at Zelda, Oracle of Ages. The Head Thwomp keeps killing me because Link seems to like just setting bombs at his own feet and not throwing them. Is it that I have to move to throw them?

Yep! That's exactly it.

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

Aerofallosov posted:

I'm having trouble myself also...Crescent Island man...:smith:

But jumping around everywhere hackin' and slashin' enemies is always fun!

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Oh! Hey, I got it. Turns out I tap the directional button as I throw and there it goes. Or posting about it complaining gave me extra power. I'm not sure. But thank you. I loved this game in high school, but my sister's boyfriend stole most of my GBC games so I'd never gotten to finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Syfe posted:

I prefer using my regular 3DS over my XL. The regular 3DS has clearer, brighter screens, louder speakers, the 3D has a bigger sweet spot (to me) and it weighs less.

I'm basically just keeping my XL as a backup.

• Locked thread