Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

Oberst posted:

Man...seeing it is way more upsetting than hearing tyrion mention it second hand

I agree its actually disturbing.
It's going to be beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Where the gently caress is rarity?

We need to hammer out the details of me doing episode 3-10's thread.

Just post it first. What's she gonna do?

stille
Oct 9, 2012
Does anyone have a gif of Talisa getting stabbed?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

stille posted:

Is typing "talisa stab gif" into your browser's address bar too hard?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

I managed to capture my father's reaction to the Red Wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZoodyVFb9s&feature=youtu.be

The best part of this is your boston accents. I had no idea how much I wanted to hear boston accents in disbelief at the red wedding before this.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

stille posted:

stille
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

stille posted:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I was watching some GoT re-runs with my sister-in-law the other day and asked if she'd seen the most recent episode. She said no and asked me what happened. Since that just wasn't going to suffice, I immediately made her stream the Red Wedding episode. Unfortunately she's only a casual watcher at best, so all I got out of it was "*gasp* That's terrible" when Talisa was stabbed and "*gasp* They're killing everyone!" when Cat got cut. Ah well, I tried.

Oh, and she immediately told my brother, who had been away on work and missed the episode, and actually cares about the show, what happened. I guess that's how normal people watch TV.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 8, 2013

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh, and she immediately told my brother, who had been away on work and missed the episode, and actually cares about the show, what happened. I guess that's how normal people watch TV.
I hope they cite the cause of divorce as "Spoilers!".

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNRbV66Q-wo&t=53s

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I was selling at a yard sale today. A fellow comes up and asks if I have any "Game of Thrones", so I tap my big hardcover copy of Dance. "I have this," I said. "It's the latest book in the series."

"Oh! The third book?"

"No, the fifth."

"FIFTH?!"

"Yeah. And there's at least two more coming."

"Wow! I better get reading!"

I sold him A Dance with Dragons for $10. As he walked away, I turned to my girlfriend and said "He's gonna be pissed."

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Did you dogear the diarrhea Dany page for him?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I sold him A Dance with Dragons for $10. As he walked away, I turned to my girlfriend and said "He's gonna be pissed."

:golfclap:

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Thread Title Found.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I completely understand why someone who waited 10 years for ADWD would be pissed but if you're just marathoning through the series it's really not bad at all. Especially if you read AFFC and ADWD concurrently. All the Davos chapters own, Jon managing things at the wall is interesting, the way we're introduced to a bunch of new POVs with the kingsmoot is cool, Cercei and Jaime, Arya.. lots of cool poo poo. Tyrion's journey definitely drags at points though.

E: mobile mistakes

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 8, 2013

tanker
Apr 27, 2013

Holy Calamity! posted:

I completely understand why someone who waited 10 years for ADWD would be pissed but if you're just marathoning through the series it's really not bad at all. Especially if you read AFFC and ADWD concurrently. All the Davos chapters own, Jon managing things at the wall is interesting, the way we're introduced to a bunch of new POVs with the kingsmoot is cool, Cercei and Jaime, Arya.. lots of cool poo poo. Tyrion's journey definitely drags at points though.

E: mobile mistakes

You didn't mention Dany's stuff, which (I'm so sorry) really shits up the whole thing. My sister recently finished ASOS and said how much she hates "the dragon girl." She burned through AFFC and is now on ADWD, and I'm telling her how much she'll hate it (she also likes Tyrion). Her boyfriend is similar, he used to love the books and TV show, then read the last 2 (though he hates AFFC more) and now he thinks the whole series is garbage. I bet he's been reading this thread, I know he reads SA in general.

The nadir of that book (I think it was ADWD? I only read them once) was when she was offered ships and everything to go to Westeros and she just said "nope." I thought to myself that this isn't going to get better, is it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The why's and how's of GRRM reducing Tyrion to a poo poo character are all you need to know about not reading the books or watching the teevee show. He lives to troll readers and viewers alike about such simple concepts as "life is not fair" and "everyone dies in the end."

And Dany I guess. He'll probably just give her a nice poo poo to the head like John Wilkes Boothe did for Lincoln.

Freudian typing slip included for honesty.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
The most infuriating thing about ADWD is that it could almost have been good. The half of the book that's not the 3 main POVs has some good stuff. Theons chapters are probably some of my favorite in the series. Davos owns, Victarion is metal as gently caress, Barristan is a badass even in the worst city in the world, I even like the Asha chapters because there's a lot of Stan the Man. But the "main" char chapters sink the whole thing. Jon's chapters are just mediocre overall, some good poo poo (like slynt getting killed and the giant guy) in between constantly just saying that there isn't enough supplies for winter and other boring stuff. The others really needed to do something during the book. Tyron's first couple chapters were some alright world building, but then it was just chapters and chapters of nothing happening, and Penny being a terrible, boring character. I don't even have to talk about Dany and how atrociously awful her chapters were. So while there were some good parts, when you look at it overall, all the dumb stuff drags the quality down to dogshit. Almost nothing major happened, the big battles of Winterfell and Meereen were glossed over, and the "Meereenese knot" wasn't even loving solved, only dumbass Quentyn even made it there. When you shove a couple good side stories into 1000 pages of boring poo poo, it doesn't make it good. But it really does make me madder than if ADWD was 100% Dany quality chapters, because it shows that GRRM could maybe still write a good book if he actually tried, but he is never going to give a poo poo about the series again.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Holy Calamity! posted:

I completely understand why someone who waited 10 years for ADWD would be pissed but if you're just marathoning through the series it's really not bad at all. Especially if you read AFFC and ADWD concurrently.

You know who does this? Hardcore book-readers, who've read the whole thing before. No casual reader does this, not even every fan of the series does this. And certainly, no one who still refers to the entire series as "Game of Thrones" and doesn't even know Feast for Crows exists will be doing this out of nowhere.

If you wanna step up, son, you gonna get knocked down. You had your chance to walk away, live to see another day. Suffering, that's the only thing here that's left for youuuu~~

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Eh, you're right. My hope is that it gains popularity and book readers suggest it to anyone who's partway through the series though. Losing Tyrion alone is probably enough to have a lot of people consider it, ironically.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 9, 2013

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Where the gently caress is rarity?

We need to hammer out the details of me doing episode 3-10's thread.

At the very least the bad thread should be able to do the op for the GURM written episodes. It is known.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If the publisher really gave a poo poo, they'd reissue Feast and Dance in a special two-volume edition with the chapters in the correct placement. But they don't, and flipping back and forth between two books the way that reading order suggests is too much work for the vast majority of people.

e: hey, you edited your post so now I just look like an argumentative rear end :(

e2: you gently caress

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 9, 2013

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

If the publisher really gave a poo poo, they'd reissue Feast and Dance in a special two-volume edition with the chapters in the correct placement. But they don't, and flipping back and forth between two books the way that reading order suggests is too much work for the vast majority of people.

e: hey, you edited your post so now I just look like an argumentative rear end :(

Haha yeah sorry, I realized that I agreed with you w/r/t it being too much effort for most people before you made this post. Making an audiobook playlist as I did makes it seamless (and awesome), I really wish they'd actually re-issue it like you said.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
It's easy enough to edit eBooks too. :eng101:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'd totally rebuy it, even though I'm still annoyed that I re-bought ADWD because I saw it on amazon with a "part 2" tag and stupidly bought an expensive hardcover book I already owned on impulse.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wow people are gonna lose their poo poo for Robb Wind. Almost feel bad for a few co-workers who admitted shellshock.

almost

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 9, 2013

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

This thread gets better every week. Voted 4, but I know I'm in for a terrible letdown as time goes on.

Aurain posted:

They have no scale at all for the wolves in the show. The only shape shifting that happens is their size.

It seems about right. It's bigger with all of the fur and ears and that stuff.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

From the PYF Image Macros thread:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Oh yeah, whoever ends up doing the OP tomorrow, I insist you use "A Lannister always Freys his deaths."

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Simon Draskovic posted:

From the PYF Image Macros thread:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

"Robb def yolo'd

He with Jesus now

But there gonna be some clap back

Don't with the Starks yo

The north remembers"

- English poet John Keats

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Just post it first. What's she gonna do?

Ah, so the other book reader, Sophia, posted this week's thread. :rolleyes:

Attention whore book readers.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Be kind to Sophia, the only things I read on SA anymore with any regularity are this thread and TFF so she (and grrms blog) is the constant that always links Football and Terrible Fantasy in my mind so that I don't get displaced in the time stream and cease to exist

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh we love Sophia. She just happens to be a filthy book reader.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fog Tripper posted:

Ah, so the other book reader, Sophia, posted this week's thread. :rolleyes:

Attention whore book readers.

Sophia and Rarity are both my bros, step back or I cut you. :ese:

But really who cares who starts the babby thread? It will be as lovely as Dany's story arc no matter who makes it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Novum posted:

Watch next season be a "10 years later" bit with all new cast and poo poo. Let the record show I called it.

turtlecrunch posted:

And in this episode, the White Walker army that everyone forgot about from the last season finale shows up in King's Landing.

Look at them, still expecting this to progress the way a decently plotted story should :allears:

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 9, 2013

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

The scene where Joffrey gets to brag to Sansa about this is going to be so good.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

That needs to go in the baby thread after the reveal.

escape artist posted:

I have to say, this show might be better than The Wire.
Okay, now they're pushing it :mad:

Edit: Fun fact, according to the baby's poll, Orell's death is sadder than Robb's and on par with Cat's, beaten out by Talisa's. Grey Wind is rightly deemed sadder than all of those.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
I voted for Orell because who loving cares