Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
MITB ladder matches were always hilarious, it was impossible to actually get anything done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

triplexpac posted:

MITB ladder matches were always hilarious, it was impossible to actually get anything done

You can in WWE '13, but that's largely because of a stupid glitch where if a CPU player tries to reverse another CPU player's signature move they sometimes become frozen and turn into statues for the rest of the match.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Yeah, it's been something that they've put some work into the last couple years. A character's head, torso, arms and legs all have different hit point amounts that can be adjusted, so you can use a bit of strategy. Also working the head makes them more vulnerable to being stunned by hard strikes, working the arms makes their submissions less powerful and working the legs cuts their movement speed pretty noticeably. Some of the Attitude Era matches require you to hammer on specific areas of an opponent too.

It's worth noting that, as discovered in VGCW with Charles Barkley, if you give a wrestler low leg health, it's actually a huge advantage (at least for AI vs AI), since the AI will constantly target the legs, leaving their preferred mean of victory as submission (which rarely works in AI vs AI).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I had no idea No Mercy had such a gigantic modding community. :stare:

There's tons of texture packs, stuff to update the rosters, entire videogame rosters(I saw one that had the entire cast of Mortal Kombat.)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Alteisen posted:

I had no idea No Mercy had such a gigantic modding community. :stare:

There's tons of texture packs, stuff to update the rosters, entire videogame rosters(I saw one that had the entire cast of Mortal Kombat.)

I like seeing the updated roster ones. Seeing Cena and Punk on the N64 is pretty cool. I just wish there was a bigger CAW community.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Liar Lyre posted:

I like seeing the updated roster ones. Seeing Cena and Punk on the N64 is pretty cool. I just wish there was a bigger CAW community.

I've always wondered, are these crazy roster and arena/ring mods (I think I saw a flaming HIAC once) only available to play with an emulator? Or can you play them on an actual 64 with a GameShark or something?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

emulation. how could a gameshark fabricate brand new textures and models?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cardboard Box posted:

emulation. how could a gameshark fabricate brand new textures and models?

I don't know how any of that poo poo works which is why I asked, especially since the poster I quoted specifically mentioned the characters on an N64. Thanks for copping a lovely attitude, though!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

wowie I wasn't trying to be rude, sorry if it came off that way.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cardboard Box posted:

wowie I wasn't trying to be rude, sorry if it came off that way.

Maybe I was just in a mood. Sounded like that to me, but it's no big deal. It's a message board and we're talking about video games. Sorry duuuuuude.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hug it out. Then play some FPR.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So this is a thing:

quote:

Canadian retailer Future Shop has revealed new details for the WWE 2K14 video game on their official listing:

* Select your wrestler from the WWE pantheon of legendary stars.

* Cool visual elements includes historic WWE video footage, classic images, multi-camera angles, and detailed cut scenes.

* Highly immersive audio environment brings out the raw emotional power of the crowd as they react to your performance.

* Unlock exciting new content and wrestlers.

* Addictive game play features intuitive controls and creates a sense of escalation throughout the matches.

* WWE Career mode lets you create the epic legend of your rise from wrestling rookie to celebrated megastar.

They better not have removed Universe mode :argh:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Frig yeah, multi-camera angles!!

Edit: I hope Career Mode has Triple H squashing the rookie again. That was the best.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 7, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Career mode sounds like fun.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Those are all like the vaguest loving descriptions besides a returning Career mode. WWE2K13's tag line is Become Immortal.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

KungFu Grip posted:

Those are all like the vaguest loving descriptions besides a returning Career mode. WWE2K13's tag line is Become Immortal.

Now hold on, "unlock exciting new content and wrestlers" could be something amazing. It could even be new content and wrestlers

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They pretty clearly just copied that 'info' from a previous game. Every one of those points is applicable to like the last three or four WWE games, and probably a good chunk of the SD vs Raw series as well.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Frig yeah, multi-camera angles!!

Edit: I hope Career Mode has Triple H squashing the rookie again. That was the best.

It better be a HCTP-style career mode that uses the schedule from Universe mode.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
If anyone is out of the loop, MDickie's Wrestling Revolution HD for the iPad has updated, with a bunch more polish and features - including thumbtacks, new weapons and furniture, and you can even bring a gun to the ring. Next update will let you shoot it, but for now, you can pistol whip someone to death. There's also a bunch more mid-match events and the AI's been touched up a bit. Well worth picking up for the insanity.

e: Vince McMahon threatened me in the garage of cs_office that if I didn't give him $22k he'd beat me up. Yeah, that happened.

Jefferoo fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 7, 2013

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I just wish that there was a decent TEW-style game available for iPad. I have the darn thing within arm's reach most of the time anyway, so being able to book a couple matches when I have a free minute and then run the show later in the day would be a lot more appealing than spending an hour at a time setting everything up while stuck sitting at my computer.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I just wish that there was a decent TEW-style game available for iPad. I have the darn thing within arm's reach most of the time anyway, so being able to book a couple matches when I have a free minute and then run the show later in the day would be a lot more appealing than spending an hour at a time setting everything up while stuck sitting at my computer.

That's been my dream from the moment I picked up an iPhone

Too bad it'll never happen, of it it does it'll be some IAP filled monster

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

More FPR questions... can you set a tournament for a title? I see the option to just have a regular title match, but it'd be more fun to run a tournament for a belt. Some of the match setup options still throw me off. I was playing Match Maker mode and couldn't figure out how to do a tag match anywhere.

CaptainRapesAlot
Jul 25, 2007

Drivin' down the road,
lookin' for a Waffle House,
and drinkin' lots of Wild Turkey

Phenix Rising posted:

More FPR questions... can you set a tournament for a title? I see the option to just have a regular title match, but it'd be more fun to run a tournament for a belt. Some of the match setup options still throw me off. I was playing Match Maker mode and couldn't figure out how to do a tag match anywhere.

Short answer :No

You can do a tournament, you can do a title match but the game has them in separate modes all together

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

For a tag team match just turn singles into tag team in the match options thing before you start.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Good grief we need a new Fire Pro game. FPR never gets old, BUT, the lack of some key features does make it a bit dated. But it's the best we've got to work with.

I mean the tournament system's unmatched, but putting titles up in them would be great too.
Multi-man title matches, title versus title matches, etc.

Hell, I'm not even asking for online multi-player. I wouldn't want to get greedy. :)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm hoping that sales of FPR on the PSN is enough to let Spike know which type of Firepro title consumers want.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

John Cena posted:

I'm hoping that sales of FPR on the PSN is enough to let Spike know which type of Firepro title consumers want.

Ironically I should probably buy it. I feel like I JUST bought it for PS2 though so it's like pulling teeth to pay for something I already own, even if it would mean I could pack up my PS2...

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I have FPR for the PS2; is there any easy way to transfer these roster saves to a memory card?

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
You could probably find a PS2 to PS3/USB memory transfer card. I have one somewhere in one of the many boxes stashed up on the garage mezzanine. They're fairly cheap, mine was 10 bucks and I bought that five years ago. That's $AU during 'pacific peso' times, so halve that.

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 9, 2013

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare

Rodney the Piper posted:

I have FPR for the PS2; is there any easy way to transfer these roster saves to a memory card?

I'm familiar with doing it through the use of an Action Replay Max. It comes with a disc and a flash drive, you put the roster save file on the flash drive then plug it into the front of the PS2 and you can use the disc to transfer the file from the flash drive to the memory card. Jack Krauser's link to the fireproclub a few pages back ( http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26684 ) has the .MAX file in the first post which could be used in this way.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RudoReels posted:

Ironically I should probably buy it. I feel like I JUST bought it for PS2 though so it's like pulling teeth to pay for something I already own, even if it would mean I could pack up my PS2...

$10 and downloadable saves duder.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Finally got Fire Pro Returns and loaded up that Starter Pack. It might be a little less shiny than WWE 13, but running The Shield vs Gotch, Thesz, and Hackenschmidt is worth it. I'm still determining what is up with the mechanics, but it should be fun. If nothing else I can just hold COM VS COM landmine matches. One question though. How do you get out of the ground moves? Specifically the ones where the ref says "GIVE UP? GIVE UP?" I've tried mashing the buttons, twirling the sticks, nothing. I just keep getting elbowed and armbarred for like a minute.

Edit: just had an 8-man tag deathmatch end in a draw because everyone was killed by explosions. Good times.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 10, 2013

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
On the PS2, you rotated the d-pad. I tend to hold down the kick-out button while doing so when either being pinned or submitted, it's pretty effective.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I've come to realize that importing CAWs to future games is the #1 feature I want. I can't believe the Smackdown line of games has gone this long without it. In WWE '12 I put a ridiculous amount of hours into designing characters, and the fact that I'd have to do it all over again is the main reason I didn't bother with '13 (and probably won't with '14). It's especially dumb when they insist on cranking these games out on a lovely 1-year cycle.

If the time you put into CAWs could carry over between games, I'd buy every one that came out. Sight unseen. It couldn't possibly be a hard feature to implement, could it?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
edit: drat it wrong thread

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 10, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

(e): we're both in the wrong thread.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Minidust posted:

I've come to realize that importing CAWs to future games is the #1 feature I want. I can't believe the Smackdown line of games has gone this long without it. In WWE '12 I put a ridiculous amount of hours into designing characters, and the fact that I'd have to do it all over again is the main reason I didn't bother with '13 (and probably won't with '14). It's especially dumb when they insist on cranking these games out on a lovely 1-year cycle.

If the time you put into CAWs could carry over between games, I'd buy every one that came out. Sight unseen. It couldn't possibly be a hard feature to implement, could it?

The excuse every year is "OMG you can't, because THIS YEAR's CAW mode is super advanced!" Except there hasn't been a big leap in that mode in years. Fuckin belts don't even fit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

speaking of Belt design, it was either 12 or 13 that had a lovely make-a-belt where if you didn't recreate an existing belt exactly the plates would overlap and look super garbage.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

The excuse every year is "OMG you can't, because THIS YEAR's CAW mode is super advanced!" Except there hasn't been a big leap in that mode in years. Fuckin belts don't even fit.

Not only that, there were years where CAW regressed greatly. Here Comes The Pain had a ridiculously great and detailed CAW mode and next year took a big dip in quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

coconono posted:

speaking of Belt design, it was either 12 or 13 that had a lovely make-a-belt where if you didn't recreate an existing belt exactly the plates would overlap and look super garbage.

'13 only lets you recolor existing belts, I don't think '12 even had a create a championship feature or if it did I never bothered with it.

SvR 2007's create a championship is the only good one but since that was the era of "earn fake in-game bux to unlock or make anything in video games because 40 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY", it takes a ton of grinding to make the one you want. And it gets announced as "the custom championship" which is just dumb.

• Locked thread