Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I just feel sorry for the poor bastard who's going to have to CGI in his elbow in every single scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Speleothing posted:

CGI, I'm sure.

Nope. Practical effects are much more expensive these days for a lot of things.

Besides, design wise they might want to do something with the elbow that wouldn't be possible with practical effects given that it has to fit over a real human arm.

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...
After being rumoured for a while as someone Marvel wanted for the role, John C. Reilly has now officially been cast in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Which brings the full cast to: Chris Pratt, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Zoe Saldana, Benicio Del Toro, Glenn Close, John C. Reilly, Lee Pace, Dave Bautista and Ophelia Lovibond, plus a yet-to-be-cast talking raccoon and tree. This movie is going to be awesome.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

And needs to start filming really soon if its really going to be out next year.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Can we give Casting Directors Oscars?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I still can't believe they are actually making a movie that features a talking raccoon whose best friend is a talking tree. Like this is A Thing that is actually happening. I know Thor was a little fantastical but this so far beyond that it should be in another universe.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
H. Jon Benjamin needs to be cast as Rocket Racoon.

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

Your Gay Uncle posted:

H. Jon Benjamin needs to be cast as Rocket Racoon.

The raccoon is supposed to have a cockney accent, but yeah, I really want it to be H. Jon Benjamin too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I know he's not Cockney, but Eddie Izzard has played small mammals before.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

I know he's not Cockney, but Eddie Izzard has played small mammals before.

If we're using this criteria I suggest Patton Oswalt.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Just cast Michael McKean and tell him to do his character from Spinal Tap, cranked up to 11. :v:

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

I still can't believe they are actually making a movie that features a talking raccoon whose best friend is a talking tree. Like this is A Thing that is actually happening. I know Thor was a little fantastical but this so far beyond that it should be in another universe.
Somehow the idea that Chris Pratt has the lead role in a major superhero film is the more amazing thing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Timeless Appeal posted:

Somehow the idea that Chris Pratt has the lead role in a major superhero film is the more amazing thing.
His superhero name is Hot Snake.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If we're using this criteria I suggest Patton Oswalt.
That would be like dying and going to Valhalla for him.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
BILL MURRAY because why not.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Joss Whedon officially ruled out having Loki appear in Avengers 2, which doesn't seem very surprising. He's going to be in Thor 2 anyway.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/avengers-2-loki-need-not-apply-says-joss-whedon-audio-97741

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tripwyre posted:

The raccoon is supposed to have a cockney accent, but yeah, I really want it to be H. Jon Benjamin too.

Noel Fielding. Just to have the Raccoon singing, "I'm a Cockney, I'm a Cockney"

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Davros1 posted:

Noel Fielding. Just to have the Raccoon singing, "I'm a Cockney, I'm a Cockney"

Let's be honest with ourselves. Raccoon will be running around shooting people saying, "Blam! I murdered you!" because comic book movies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OK Octopus posted:

Let's be honest with ourselves. Raccoon will be running around shooting people saying, "Blam! I murdered you!" because comic book movies.

They seem to be basing this on the previous run and not Bendis' current run, so I really doubt it.

Blind Azathoth
Jul 28, 2006
Dia ad aghaidh's ad aodaun... agus bas dunarch ort! Dhonas 's dholas ort, agus leat-sa!... Ungl unl... rrlh ... chchch...

TheJoker138 posted:

They seem to be basing this on the previous run and not Bendis' current run, so I really doubt it.

I tried to keep this in mind while reading the last issue, but then in the letters section they mention the current artist is going in to talk with James Gunn about costume designs, and I got sad again. I really hope they go with the Annihilation-era Star Lord uniform and not the poo poo he's wearing now.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Can we give Casting Directors Oscars?

Wow, this absolutely needs to be a thing.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Joss Whedon officially ruled out having Loki appear in Avengers 2, which doesn't seem very surprising. He's going to be in Thor 2 anyway.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/avengers-2-loki-need-not-apply-says-joss-whedon-audio-97741

gently caress

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheJoker138 posted:

As much as I want that to be true we all know he's going to say it at least once on screen.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Blind Azathoth posted:

I tried to keep this in mind while reading the last issue, but then in the letters section they mention the current artist is going in to talk with James Gunn about costume designs...

This film is meant to be out by next year. It's meant to film and achieved all of it's post-production, 3D included, by next year...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sin City 2 has been pushed back almost a year.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

"almost a year"

It's been pushed back a decade at this point, man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like I said elsewhere, the movie must be loving horrible if it needs a year to retool.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's a couple more pictures from the set of Cap 2.

Winter Soldier

Cap in his awesome new suit.

I legit thought I'd never see that Cap suit on film. It's still my favorite Cap suit ever.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 18, 2013

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Like I said elsewhere, the movie must be loving horrible if it needs a year to retool.

Which makes no sense, Miller wrote a lot of good Sin City stuff and the first movie basically storyboarded a handful of the comics. We haven't even seen (this is an actual spoiler) Marv literally beat the eyes out of Manute's skull.. Easily one of my favorite fights ever since they were built to be equals and then, nope. One guy just casually pastes the other into goo.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Supreme Allah posted:

Which makes no sense, Miller wrote a lot of good Sin City stuff and the first movie basically storyboarded a handful of the comics. We haven't even seen (this is an actual spoiler) Marv literally beat the eyes out of Manute's skull.. Easily one of my favorite fights ever since they were built to be equals and then, nope. One guy just casually pastes the other into goo.

The problem with Sin City was the acting was GODAWFUL and some scenes felt more like auditions than actual filmed stuff (Miller's notoriously self-aware and "reads better than it sounds" dialogue didn't help). The infamous "bum ticker" scene comes to mind and I remember cringing in the theatre in 2005 when it happened. That said, I enjoyed the movie for the look and vibe and story and setting but good lord was the direction godawful at times (which I blamed for the acting) because it seemed like Rodriguez spent more time looking into his computer screen than anything (and judging from the behind the scenes feature, he was).

I will say, though, that Mickey Rourke nailed it as Marv and I'm glad they brought him back. He was the highlight of Sin City for me and mounted his comeback to Hollywood.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Justin Godscock posted:

The problem with Sin City was the acting was GODAWFUL and some scenes felt more like auditions than actual filmed stuff (Miller's notoriously self-aware and "reads better than it sounds" dialogue didn't help). The infamous "bum ticker" scene comes to mind and I remember cringing in the theatre in 2005 when it happened. That said, I enjoyed the movie for the look and vibe and story and setting but good lord was the direction godawful at times (which I blamed for the acting) because it seemed like Rodriguez spent more time looking into his computer screen than anything (and judging from the behind the scenes feature, he was).

I will say, though, that Mickey Rourke nailed it as Marv and I'm glad they brought him back. He was the highlight of Sin City for me and mounted his comeback to Hollywood.

I have a bad habit, I fall in love with over acting. 'You fool, you drat fool.' was probably my favorite line of whatever year that movie came out in. Like, people over act pedantic poo poo all day long. Oh NOO the printer won't work. Oh Noo the coffee machine broke. Ohh Noo my psycho rapist cop boyfriend is getting chased after by my noir-vigilante new boyfriend. Ah poo poo ya killed him.

Ah poo poo Dwight.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hear you, but at the same time what Michael Madsen was doing was the most unpressive underacting I've ever seen. Maybe un-acting.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Sweet early 90s hair, Winter Soldier.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
So, Amazing Spider-Man 3 and 4 are happening, which officially debunks any rumors that Sony only had 6 films before the rights revert.

I want a Marvel Studios Spider-Man, god damnit!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
With 2 origin movies in the last 11 years, I'd hope Marvel would just run with their Spiderman without going back through that territory again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Marvel and sony shouldd justb do a Spider-Man Off.

2 movies, pre xmas release, bigger box takes all... sony eats a dick

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It's simple: Sony gets Peter, Marvel gets Miles.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Urdnot Fire posted:

It's simple: Sony gets Peter, Marvel gets Miles.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Marvel makes Superior Spider-man Movies, movies are incredible, problem loving solved.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have little to no faith that the people responsible for Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers would make a Spider-Man movie better than Amazing Spider-Man, particularly because that would most likely mean no Andrew Garfield, no Emma Stone, and no Marc Webb, along with the shoehorning in of unnecessary continuity for the sake of "connecting it to the universe".

I know I"m in the minority here, but keep X-Men and Spider-Man far, far away from Marvel Studios and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'd be OK with Fantastic Four reverting if only because I know there have to be 50 people at Disney just itching for a chance to make a bright, colorful, kitschy FF movie, but the other two need their autonomy. Fox has seemingly learned their lesson based on the quality of First Class and the fact that they're bringing Bryan Singer back, and Spider-Man is always best when he's away from the rest of the Marvel Universe, be that in comics, TV show, or anything else, for that matter. (See: Ultimate Spider-Man comics, Spectacular Spider-Man TV show, or just take a look at Spidey's best stories.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
That looks like a stuntman to me but Captain America's new suit does look good, a much better progression and modernizing of his original one. Is it from comic books? Never really cared for the Avengers one but I hope with all these on the set leaks they just go ahead and release a full on picture of Chris Evans in the suit for Entertainment Weekly or something.

• Locked thread